Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Bush failed to study the PDB. There is no evidence that George W. Bush, or Rice, fully considered the warnings included in the August 6th PDB.
    Didn't Rice stumble on this issue at the congressional hearings? I remember her being asked if she read it and she couldn't remember. Then when asked if her initials were on it she finally admitted yes they were but she tried pretty hard to evade the question if I remember correctly.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Nice copy-paste job from InfoImagination

What does Tenet being in DC matter? He approved the PDBs... he didn't always deliver them. He even said as much during his testimony. In fact, if the memo was so urgent, wouldn't Tenet have flown out to meet with the President to discuss this critical news? Which is it? It was so urgent that it had to be hand delivered, but not urgent enough for Tenet to do it himself?

You sho am smaht crusty
    You think in the instant communication age we live in it's proof that the PDB wasn't urgent because he didn't fly it down to Crawford and hand deliver it? That sounds like goofy logic to me. I think if it were urgent, which it sounds urgent to me, they'd call and fax it to the POTUS ASAP.

I have no freaking idea what most PDB look like. The two most talked about that I'm aware of have been mentioned in this thread. Is it possible everyday or nearly everyday the POTUS gets a memo that says "serious attacks seriously possible!" Maybe, fuk if I know. But to claim it wasn't urgent because Tenet didn't hand delivery it 2000 miles away sounds like a weak argument.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    You think in the instant communication age we live in it's proof that the PDB wasn't urgent because he didn't fly it down to Crawford and hand deliver it? That sounds like goofy logic to me. I think if it were urgent, which it sounds urgent to me, they'd call and fax it to the POTUS ASAP.

I have no freaking idea what most PDB look like. The two most talked about that I'm aware of have been mentioned in this thread. Is it possible everyday or nearly everyday the POTUS gets a memo that says "serious attacks seriously possible!" Maybe, fuk if I know. But to claim it wasn't urgent because Tenet didn't hand delivery it 2000 miles away sounds like a weak argument.
    I was responding to crusty... his post highlighted that Tenet was in DC during Bush's vaca. Not really sure of the relevance, which is why I made my post. The presidents get their briefing every day from someone in the CIA, whether its the head guy or an assistant or whoever. There is literally no specific threat mentioned in the memo, and the headline is the equivalent of me saying "Obama determined to win re-election". Everyone knew bin Laden wanted to attack again... he was behind several other attacks and had made no indication of stopping. The surveillance of buildings in NYC was investigated, as were the phone calls to the embassy.

The CIA would thoroughly investigate any leads... its what they do. They don't go to the Pres with every single investigation. If they found something truly credible, it would have been sent directly to him immediately and not just part of his daily briefing. Its common sense

Like I said... plenty to rag on Bush for. This is over the top.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Nice copy-paste job from InfoImagination

What does Tenet being in DC matter? He approved the PDBs... he didn't always deliver them. He even said as much during his testimony. In fact, if the memo was so urgent, wouldn't Tenet have flown out to meet with the President to discuss this critical news? Which is it? It was so urgent that it had to be hand delivered, but not urgent enough for Tenet to do it himself?

You sho am smaht crusty
    tenet personally delivered the pdbs to the white house at 8am each morning as requested by bush, idiot. because he was either too stupid to read them himself or too lazy.

yet you think he received pdbs while on a month long vacation without tenet to read it to him since he was on vacation himself?

the aug 6 2001 memo warning of hijackings was sent by an underling as result of a protocol to warn of any impending attack. it was bushs job to either request tenet to come to crawford or fly back to dc to address the threat. he did nothing.

no comment on aug 6 memo being bushs first warning on attacks directly inside the us? or the way clinton handled a similar warning?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post

to put in perspective.... this guy is the same neo-kook who thinks cheney showed no favoritism or bias when haliburton was awarded the $7 bilion war contract to iraq.... even though cheney continued to receive a salary from them as vp.... owned their stocks.... blocked competitors from bidding.... internal white house memos showed negotiations were done in conjuction with his office.... and he made over $50 mil working for them.

the guy is a brainwashed idiot masseuse.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    to put in perspective.... this guy is the same neo-kook who thinks cheney showed no favoritism or bias when haliburton was awarded the $7 bilion war contract to iraq.... even though cheney continued to receive a salary from them as vp.... owned their stocks.... blocked competitors from bidding.... internal white house memos showed negotiations were done in conjuction with his office.... and he made over $50 mil working for them.

the guy is a brainwashed idiot masseuse.
    I think there's meat in the PDB issue and I think if the POTUS on 9-11 were a Dem. all the people making excuses would be calling for heads to roll. It's become the American way. My side fukkes up it's perfectly resonable because X,Y or Z.. or it's not really my sides F-up, really the other sides to blame because of (insert completely inane excuse here.) Both sides do it but in the case of the 9-11 attacks I think the ass covering reached new heights. Not only was there the PDB but Richard Clarke warned the Bush team on their way in back in Jan. that they should be very concerned about OBL. There's no signs they did jack until after we were attacked. Plus you have an FBI whistleblower, who's been silenced for the most part. She arrested a known terrorist who was taking 747 flight lessons. Her name is Crowley or Rowely or something like that, google her I'm sure you'll find her name and info. She thought it was strange the guy was taking flight lessons but wasn't interested in learning how to land... Duh. Last I heard she was traveling the country trying to let people know Obama isn't listening either.

LeahMichele
    fuk offshores. Play local.
    LeahMichele's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

Im trying to give away my points to the few people in this thread who actually have a brain but it wont let me. Used my 6 points yesterday for shits a giggles and hit a parlay that paid 72 to 1 odds. I know Beeridiot would be hella excited, probably call his mom and shit but I sure dont care about the 450 points so why wont it let me give these points away ? I have seen others do it. Is it because Im not a "pro" ? What do you have to be here for a certain amount of time to be a pro, or maybe make a certain number of posts ?
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave LeahMichele 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post
    Im trying to give away my points to the few people in this thread who actually have a brain but it wont let me. Used my 6 points yesterday for shits a giggles and hit a parlay that paid 72 to 1 odds. I know Beeridiot would be hella excited, probably call his mom and shit but I sure dont care about the 450 points so why wont it let me give these points away ? I have seen others do it. Is it because Im not a "pro" ? What do you have to be here for a certain amount of time to be a pro, or maybe make a certain number of posts ?
    AS a non-pro you can only transfer 2 points a day.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I'm so pissed at myself. I just wasted 15 min of my life I can never get back. I read this thread.

Tully Mars 63

Yes, please don't waste your life. From now on only read things you already agree with.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

To the idiot who began this thread, what does relected mean? Stupid democrats are uneducated bigots.

Tully Mars 63

Yes, Romney should be elected as President of Amercia... Oh wait that was a typo. But done by a GOP so it's cool.

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obama or Romney? Gastric cancer or colon cancer?

probettor1

Having presidents is like playing the lottery, chances of getting a good one is like hitting the jackpot. We might need a "Lucky Luciano system". No big bosses. A good man will turn into a bad one with power.
    With all the net working today it would be possible to have a democratic system. The best thoughts and ideas I see in the news today are the ones in "popular now" posts of yahoo.
    Any president would have killed Osama Bin Laden. Obama was just lucky that they found him after they got the job but USA has been looking for him since the first day. And all the jobs created and the olds ones are paid with the money that has been borrow from china. That you can call fake jobs.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    To the idiot who began this thread, what does relected mean? Stupid democrats are uneducated bigots.
    Foul language, you might need to stop watching cartoons to improve your vocabulary.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

It's funny that the Dems think it should have been easy to stop the 9/11 attacks. Had airport security paid extra attention to anyone that was middle eastern (all of the hijackers of course were) the ACLU and CAIR would have flipped their shit. All kinds of lawsuits over civil rights and shit. Also, it's not like the hijackers were carrying guns and explosives on them.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    It's funny that the Dems think it should have been easy to stop the 9/11 attacks. Had airport security paid extra attention to anyone that was middle eastern (all of the hijackers of course were) the ACLU and CAIR would have flipped their shit. All kinds of lawsuits over civil rights and shit. Also, it's not like the hijackers were carrying guns and explosives on them.
    It would have been easy if the airplane had the pilot cabin locked to passengers.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    It would have been easy if the airplane had the pilot cabin locked to passengers.
    So why didn't Clinton mandate that?

probettor1

So why didn't Clinton mandate that?
    because I wasn't his advisor.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

All your 911 questions can be answered here using your own judgement...........

9/11: Explosive Evidence - Experts Speak Out (Full)

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

what does aclu have to do with fortifying cockpit doors and increasing airport security?

funny that neo-clowns think bush cared about aclu when he was detaining and torturing us citizens unconstitutionally and even murdering them abroad.

here is how clinton handled hijacking warnings:

On December 4, 1998, for example, the Clinton administration received a President’s Daily Brief entitled “Bin Ladin Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks.” Here’s how the Clinton administration reacted, according to the 9/11 Commission report:

The same day, [Counterterrorism Czar Richard] Clarke convened a meeting of his CSG [Counterterrorism Security Group] to discuss both the hijacking concern and the antiaircraft missile threat. To address the hijacking warning, the group agreed that New York airports should go to maximum security starting that weekend. They agreed to boost security at other East coast airports. The CIA agreed to distribute versions of the report to the FBI and FAA to pass to the New York Police Department and the airlines. The FAA issued a security directive on December 8, with specific requirements for more intensive air carrier screening of passengers and more oversight of the screening process, at all three New York area airports. [pg. 128-30]

here is how bush handled the same warnings:

On August 6, 2001, the Bush administration received a President’s Daily Brief entitled “Bin Laden Determined to Strike U.S.” Here’s how the Bush administration reacted, according to the 9/11 Commission report:
    [President Bush] did not recall discussing the August 6 report with the Attorney General or whether Rice had done so.[p. 260]
    We have found no indication of any further discussion before September 11 among the President and his top advisers of the possibility of a threat of an al Qaeda attack in the United States. DCI Tenet visited President Bush in Crawford, Texas, on August 17 and participated in the PDB briefings of the President between August 31 (after the President had returned to Washington) and September 10. But Tenet does not recall any discussions with the President of the domestic threat during this period. [p. 262]

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Top CIA Official: Obama Changed Virtually None of Bush’s Controversial Programs

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...sial-programs/

For Example:

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool : Under executive orders issued by Obama, the CIA still has authority to carry out what are known as renditions (torture by proxy), secret abductions and transfers of prisoners to countries that cooperate with the United States.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

what does aclu have to do with fortifying cockpit doors and increasing airport security?

funny that neo-clowns think bush cared about aclu when he was detaining and torturing us citizens unconstitutionally and even murdering them abroad.

here is how clinton handled hijacking warnings:

On December 4, 1998, for example, the Clinton administration received a President’s Daily Brief entitled “Bin Ladin Preparing to Hijack US Aircraft and Other Attacks.” Here’s how the Clinton administration reacted, according to the 9/11 Commission report:

The same day, [Counterterrorism Czar Richard] Clarke convened a meeting of his CSG [Counterterrorism Security Group] to discuss both the hijacking concern and the antiaircraft missile threat. To address the hijacking warning, the group agreed that New York airports should go to maximum security starting that weekend. They agreed to boost security at other East coast airports. The CIA agreed to distribute versions of the report to the FBI and FAA to pass to the New York Police Department and the airlines. The FAA issued a security directive on December 8, with specific requirements for more intensive air carrier screening of passengers and more oversight of the screening process, at all three New York area airports. [pg. 128-30]

here is how bush handled the same warnings:

On August 6, 2001, the Bush administration received a President’s Daily Brief entitled “Bin Laden Determined to Strike U.S.” Here’s how the Bush administration reacted, according to the 9/11 Commission report:
    [President Bush] did not recall discussing the August 6 report with the Attorney General or whether Rice had done so.[p. 260]
    We have found no indication of any further discussion before September 11 among the President and his top advisers of the possibility of a threat of an al Qaeda attack in the United States. DCI Tenet visited President Bush in Crawford, Texas, on August 17 and participated in the PDB briefings of the President between August 31 (after the President had returned to Washington) and September 10. But Tenet does not recall any discussions with the President of the domestic threat during this period. [p. 262]

Had more attention been paid to the middle easterners that hijacked the planes, the ACLU would file suits of racial profiling. Apparently you can't profile against people who want to attack you.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Had more attention been paid to the middle easterners that hijacked the planes, the ACLU would file suits of racial profiling. Apparently you can't profile against people who want to attack you.
    so clinton mustve been sued by aclu for doing just that in 1998.

hmmmm weird.... cant find any lawsuits.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

so clinton mustve been sued by aclu for doing just that in 1998.

hmmmm weird.... cant find any lawsuits.

SANCTIONED BIAS: Racial Profiling Since 9/11
    Search for that. If Arabs are threatening to blow up an airplane you must of course search a 90 year woman in a wheelchair and a 1 year olds' diaper. Just don't question any that looks Arab. Don't forget CAIR as well.
    Last edited by MUHerd37; 06-08-12 at 11:45 PM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Why does someone have to "look Arab" to blow up an airplane?

Fill me in.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

SANCTIONED BIAS: Racial Profiling Since 9/11
    Search for that. If Arabs are threatening to blow up an airplane you must of course search a 90 year woman in a wheelchair and a 1 year olds' diaper. Just don't question any that looks Arab. Don't forget CAIR as well.
    maybe had bush heeded the warnings like clinton did, the searches would only be focused on middle eastern men.

and 9/11 would just be another date.

probettor1

9/11 was nothing. The problem here is that all the jobs went to china. Now we lives borrowing money. There is no one job left, only health care that is paid with the money we borrow.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Good security = searching only the people who look like they might be suspicious.

Duh.

Guess I answered my own question.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

maybe had bush heeded the warnings like clinton did, the searches would only be focused on middle eastern men.

and 9/11 would just be another date.
    You can't just focus on middle eastern men! You will be sued by the ACLU and CAIR.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Why does someone have to "look Arab" to blow up an airplane?

Fill me in.
    The memo dealt with Arab people wanting to blow up airplanes.

probettor1

Good security = searching only the people who look like they might be suspicious.

Duh.

Guess I answered my own question.
    moneyfocker who cares. You can blow all the airplanes in usa, we will be still with no real jobs anyway.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    moneyfocker who cares. You can blow all the airplanes in usa, we will be still with no real jobs anyway.
    I bet there will be jobs building airplanes.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

The memo dealt with Arab people wanting to blow up airplanes.
    That's funny, because your post alluded to measures in place after 9/11.

Apparently, only people who "look Arab" could possibly be a threat. Right?

probettor1

That's funny, because your post alluded to measures in place after 9/11.
    Pilot cabin locked and unavailable to passangers. Easy to do. You dont see police front seat available to rear end passengers, do you?

First 123456 ... Last