stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I think that's likely to be the case, we'll see here any day now what the great judicial minds think.
    NYT is reporting 72 hours.
    SCOTUS just got back.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    NYT is reporting 72 hours.
    SCOTUS just got back.
    Back from where? They released the immigration ruling today.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Weekend recess

p.s. their FCC ruling was spot on

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

p.s. their FCC ruling was spot on
    Agree.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Time for impeachment and then hand him a mop and bucket to clean up the WH.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'm an I/T operations analyst. IBM mainframes.
    In the mid to late 80's, experienced or certified people in that area could name their price, and name the company they wanted to work for.
    Clinton started to outsource a lot of high tech to India, a percentage of those jobs went away under Clinton. I actually made less when Clinton was in office, but at least I was always gainfully employed.

I'm still in mainframes, but I am very lucky to be working for an organization that compensates their talent very well, and keeps them.
    Even though I am anti-union, my job is backed by AFL-CIO local 153 (Office and Professional Employee Union)
    Wow, really? Then you must of been the guy in charge of the LPT1 - if you're busting so hard on the mainframe.
    Damn. Inspect stats of Clinton vs W and we'll talk in said field. I worked on NT mainframes and my salary went from 'liveable' to - I can have a REAL nice trailor in 'Bama during the 'W' years. If your salary got lowered working a mainframe under Clinton - you did fuckall or you did fuckall. Sorry, nash, but you're not as smart as you want everyone to believe and your numbers are fahked. All it takes to run a mainframe is about a years study/apprenticeship (with correct experience/reading), at MOST.

I blame Clinton for a LOT, but he didn't ship those jobs overseas - AMERICAN Corporations did. Yeah, I got f'd, also. I went from a nice life to scrambling to be relevant. Blame the due where it is DUE. Blame the Oligarchy, or get off the pot. I don't know how many times I can re-invent myself to be relevant in the American workfoce - but I sure as shit will pay via those loans to help me. Some get luckier than others. Enjoy your luck, sir.

Both parties can suggit. That's where we fail most.. But good job keeping it going, Nash. For the 1 you, I know 10 that are doing other jobs, and skill has 0 to do with it. All it takes is hard study and smart management... And being really f'n lucky. IT jobs today are taken over by brainless twats that can't fix anything at the helpdesk... That's how it is.

First ... 78910