acl123
    syndicate
    acl123's Avatar Become A Pro!

49.1% of households recieve government aid.

Un fukking real
    America is a nation of moochers and lazy fukks.
    We are doomed.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

That's an inspiring avatar you have there, acl.

acl123
    syndicate

Thank you sir

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

worthless stat what does this prove?

we will blow anyone up

$$$ isn't real to us

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Un fukking real
    We are doomed.
    Why do you suppose more and more people are voting Democrat? If they do they realize there's more of a chance they will get something for free.

acl123
    syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Why do you suppose more and more people are voting Democrat? If they do they realize there's more of a chance they will get something for free.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Nice made up stat... And Most of those fukks are old baby boomers... You know the parents you fukks throw away in nursery homes..

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    worthless stat what does this prove?

we will blow anyone up

$$$ isn't real to us
    True. the Libs will just print more

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

The CATO institute had some interesting numbers on individual welfare and corporate welfare a few years back. I think it was right around the time Bush started his second term. Might Google it and see if you can find it. Corporations get a ton of government money. At a time like this where we're (hopefully) pulling out of a depression there's likely to be a ton of people collecting benefits of some kind. When the economy is better the numbers generally shift to more corporate welfare. Often corporations get breaks with the promise of jobs for the community and many times they fail to make good on those commitments. Back in the mid 90's I remember Intel demanding massive breaks from Washington County, Oregon or they were going to close down and move... *gasp!* overseas. That really seemed to be the mantra for many 90's corporations- "give us what we want or we're shipping your jobs to China." Intel claimed if they got the breaks they wanted they'd expand, hire more people. They got the breaks and within a year cut the labor force. The county sued. After that I took another job and moved to a warmer dryer climate so I don't know what became of the whole mess. I know a friend of mine later went to work at the Intel "campus" and makes a damn good living. Doesn't hurt that his wife work down the street at Nike.

Corporate welfare and fraud have always puzzled me. Why doesn't the right hammer away at this like it does personal welfare benefits and fraud. When a person defrauds the government they get jack squat to what a corporation does. Reagan famously claimed this about a woman-
    "She has eighty names, thirty addresses, twelve Social Security cards and is collecting veteran's benefits on four non-existing deceased husbands. And she is collecting Social Security on her cards. She's got Medicaid, getting food stamps, and she is collecting welfare under each of her names. Her tax-free cash income is over $150,000.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen

Even if that were true, which it turns out it wasn't, it would be nothing compared to the fraud being committed by defense contractors. Look at the money pored into Iraq and Afghanistan and the amount that was found to be nothing more then a rip-off. It would take a several million people claiming false personal benefits to even come close to the amount of fraud committed by corporations.

I'm all for getting rid of fraud, though I see no way to completely wipe it out. But why not go after all of it instead of just part of it?
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-02-12 at 11:45 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila, freeagent, and wheelerdealer

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Most people are useless and stupid, and these morons are allowed to reproduce. I have often said if a selected 60% of the population of the world could be instantly elminated, things would improve a million fold.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Rich people and banks are the ones getting the most handouts.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

America is a nation who outsourced all of its manufacturing jobs so that corporations could keep increasing the bottom line. And now must continually create bubbles in different industries in order to give the apperance of a middle class.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Have to disagree with the majority of you. Cost of living has skyrocketed while alot of people have lost jobs to no fault of there own. People need help i don't have no problem with it. I'd like someone to post what the percentage was back in the 80's, 90's, or even early 2000's. This country is a buckin joke right now whats minimum wage in area's back east like 7 bucks. Course people even working are going to need help. So i wouldn't call them moochers or lazy bucks. But just my opinion if you don't agree i could careless

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Un fukking real
    We are doomed.
    This number is bullshit because it includes Old Age Social Security as government aide. You paid into Social Security for many years to get that benefit. Yes, it is larger than the amount you put in for a lot of people, but you stat makes it seem like these people are getting a large amount of something for nothing, and the truth is that they are getting a big bigger something, for something.

And that SS figure is 16% of households, 15% of households are someone who gets Medicare. The original blog suggests that there may be some overlap here, but I can't find the underlying data on the Census website in order to determine whether or not they didn't just add the numbers together to get the 49.1% figure.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I agree with Jimmy. I think it's every person for themselves in a way. If the Rich and Banks are taking... the poor/lazy will take as well. Never ending story. Why work... when you can get something for free? Life in America.

Shaudius

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Have to disagree with the majority of you. Cost of living has skyrocketed while alot of people have lost jobs to no fault of there own. People need help i don't have no problem with it. I'd like someone to post what the percentage was back in the 80's, 90's, or even early 2000's. This country is a buckin joke right now whats minimum wage in area's back east like 7 bucks. Course people even working are going to need help. So i wouldn't call them moochers or lazy bucks. But just my opinion if you don't agree i could careless
    "
    The 49.1% of the population in a household that gets benefits is up from 30% in the early 1980s and 44.4% as recently as the third quarter of 2008.The increase in recent years is likely due in large part to the lingering effects of the recession. As of early 2011, 15% of people lived in a household that received food stamps, 26% had someone enrolled in Medicaid and 2% had a member receiving unemployment benefits. Families doubling up to save money or pool expenses also is likely leading to more multigenerational households. But even without the effects of the recession, there would be a larger reliance on government."

Its really hard to say with any certainly how these numbers were calculated since there is no direct link to any Census data in the WSJ blog post that spurred this current talking point.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

keep an eye on Libs/Marxists - they will inevitably equate less taxation on an entity a 'handout' or 'aid' from the Centralized Govt

when you call them on it they get pissy

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post

My daughter was working two jobs (retail and a server) and going to college. She finally got so brunt out she enlisted in the military. She's just finishing up her BS degree this fall with the US government picking up the tab for her education. I think she's still responsible for a student loan she took out prior to enlisting but I'm not sure. So I guess in a way she's living off the government but I'd like to think people consider her to be serving her country.

I can't understand why we don't insist those getting benefits do something to receive those benefits. Can't find work? Not a problem. Here's a broom and a trash can.

Shaudius

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    keep an eye on Libs/Marxists - they will inevitably equate less taxation on an entity a 'handout' or 'aid' from the Centralized Govt

when you call them on it they get pissy
    Oh you mean kinda like the right wing talking point about how 50% of people don't pay any federal income tax and how they want to "broaden to the tax base" so that this doesn't occur.

Sam Odom

See ! Pissy

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Sammy go take your government-funded pills old man.

Shaudius

See ! Pissy
    Pissy, providing a counterpoint to your anti-liberal agenda, you know either way. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

America needs a major financial overhaul, romney is perfect for the job since he has experience from his days at bain.

Sam Odom

Shaudius , you have no counterpoint cuz you are fukked in the head , why? Because in your mind Liberty University is no different morally than the Weather Underground

Sick fuk you are

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Eliminate EarnedIncomeCredit for all children born in 2013 and on(Solves the having children for money problem).

Have a 50% inheritance/estate tax for all inheritance(you can't argue this is USA, everyone should help themselves but then let offspring live tax free off inheritance).

Require government agencies to be audited/observed by private sector companies for employee/business efficiency.

After about a year of rioting and marches in Washington a lot of problems would be solved.

Shaudius

Shaudius , you have no counterpoint cuz you are fukked in the head , why? Because in your mind Liberty University is no different morally than the Weather Underground

Sick fuk you are
    Please show where I said anything of the sort. What I did in fact say is that condemning Barack Obama's fairly minimal contact with Bill Ayers is little different than condemning Mitt Romney for fairly minimal contact with Liberty University.

Of course what Weather Underground did was deplorable, but that wasn't the issue I was discussing, I was discussing the implication that fairly minimal personal contact with a former terrorist should have.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

so what? you going back to the dust and your almighty GOD $$$ wouldn't worth shit.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Does this include social security?

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    Most people are useless and stupid, and these morons are allowed to reproduce. I have often said if a selected 60% of the population of the world could be instantly elminated, things would improve a million fold.
    so ten if they do that ,we dont have to listen to your stupid ass

Sam Odom

for the record

i edited out Shaudius false 'facts'

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius

Obama had an event at Ayers' home.... By that point in time it had been over 20 years since Ayers had been connected with the Weather Underground...

This connection is no more damning that Romney speaking at Liberty Universities' commencement.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Oil executives don't vote democrat but get handouts in the billions every year while making record profits. Farmers don't vote democrat but get handouts every year hid behind the name called subsidy. The military complex doesn't vote democrat but gets handouts equaling billions a year. Now u see where the real money is going or are u worried about a 100 dollars in food stamps but are okay with these other things? The banks sold a bunch of bogus loans knowing the govt would bail them out. With the bailout, which was our money, they gave out 20 million dollar bonuses. Again are u more worried about the 100 dollar food stamps or the real money? Then shut the fuk up and educate yourself for goodness sakes. They both bother me but it bothers me more where the big money is going.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I don't have any numbers on that and not even sure you could find them but I think you're 100% correct. When one dumb lazy slob gets 700-1500$ a month for claiming his backs out and at the same time a corporation gets a few million, maybe few hundred million it doesn't take long to do the math.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    The CATO institute had some interesting numbers on individual welfare and corporate welfare a few years back. I think it was right around the time Bush started his second term. Might Google it and see if you can find it. Corporations get a ton of government money. At a time like this where we're (hopefully) pulling out of a depression there's likely to be a ton of people collecting benefits of some kind. When the economy is better the numbers generally shift to more corporate welfare. Often corporations get breaks with the promise of jobs for the community and many times they fail to make good on those commitments. Back in the mid 90's I remember Intel demanding massive breaks from Washington County, Oregon or they were going to close down and move... *gasp!* overseas. That really seemed to be the mantra for many 90's corporations- "give us what we want or we're shipping your jobs to China." Intel claimed if they got the breaks they wanted they'd expand, hire more people. They got the breaks and within a year cut the labor force. The county sued. After that I took another job and moved to a warmer dryer climate so I don't know what became of the whole mess. I know a friend of mine later went to work at the Intel "campus" and makes a damn good living. Doesn't hurt that his wife work down the street at Nike.

Corporate welfare and fraud have always puzzled me. Why doesn't the right hammer away at this like it does personal welfare benefits and fraud. When a person defrauds the government they get jack squat to what a corporation does. Reagan famously claimed this about a woman-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_queen

Even if that were true, which it turns out it wasn't, it would be nothing compared to the fraud being committed by defense contractors. Look at the money pored into Iraq and Afghanistan and the amount that was found to be nothing more then a rip-off. It would take a several million people claiming false personal benefits to even come close to the amount of fraud committed by corporations.

I'm all for getting rid of fraud, though I see no way to completely wipe it out. But why not go after all of it instead of just part of it?
    Because these jackasses don't hear this on Fox News so they would have no way to know about it. They rather worry about the race card. A nitwit is easily distracted when u use fear and race.

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    America needs a major financial overhaul, romney is perfect for the job since he has experience from his days at bain.
    The last two "business" guys we had as POTUS were Hoover and Bush Jr. before them Harding. How'd they leave the economy on the way out the oval office door again?

Running a business and running a government are not really much a like.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Great. So in other words the rich get much richer and everyone else loses their jobs and pensions. The United Hedge Funds of America.

123 Last