No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    America is a nation who outsourced all of its manufacturing jobs so that corporations could keep increasing the bottom line. And now must continually create bubbles in different industries in order to give the apperance of a middle class.
    This.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Oil executives don't vote democrat but get handouts in the billions every year while making record profits. Farmers don't vote democrat but get handouts every year hid behind the name called subsidy. The military complex doesn't vote democrat but gets handouts equaling billions a year. Now u see where the real money is going or are u worried about a 100 dollars in food stamps but are okay with these other things? The banks sold a bunch of bogus loans knowing the govt would bail them out. With the bailout, which was our money, they gave out 20 million dollar bonuses. Again are u more worried about the 100 dollar food stamps or the real money? Then shut the fuk up and educate yourself for goodness sakes. They both bother me but it bothers me more where the big money is going.
    Actually, I agree with you about the corporate welfare but that's not a part of this statistic. I was referring to that alone. You see, I feel your point is just as valid. But this is more than just food stamps. Entitlements are one of the biggest percentages of the budget.

Sorry that you felt the need to speak wrongly about my viewpoints.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Get rid of the GOP and everyone who supports their worthless views and things would improve 100%.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: golfrulz

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would rather get something for free than manipulate it out of the hands of people who earned it.....................

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Un fukking real
    America is a nation of moochers and lazy fukks.
    We are doomed.
    Thank Obama..its hwy he cannot lose

Lazy Americans vote him in

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Thank Obama..its hwy he cannot lose

Lazy Americans vote him in
    Many of them lazy Americans aren't gonna get out to vote this time around.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Quote Originally Posted by acl123 View Post
    Un fukking real
    America is a nation of moochers and lazy fukks.
    We are doomed.
    i can tell you are a bright young fellow......recieve??

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    The last two "business" guys we had as POTUS were Hoover and Bush Jr. before them Harding. How'd they leave the economy on the way out the oval office door again?

Running a business and running a government are not really much a like.
    The united states is the biggest corporation in the world, the sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Great. So in other words the rich get much richer and everyone else loses their jobs and pensions. The United Hedge Funds of America.
    Make no mistake, mitt will come in and gut some useless waste like the EPA, TSA and planned parenthood. When he is president you will see a nice shift of government jobs to private sector jobs, which is more productive and profitable in the end. If he doesnt put americans back to work in the private sector then in 4 years well find someone who will. If obama had fixed the economy in his first two years instead of wasting a trillion plus on stimulus and omnibus and another year on a healthcare bill no one that had to pay for wanted, he would be a shoe in for re election. Reagan was handed the same mess and fixed it in 16 months because i know all you libs are gonna play the bad handoff from bush card so i figure id answer it for you in advance.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Make no mistake, mitt will come in and gut some useless waste like the EPA, TSA and planned parenthood. When he is president you will see a nice shift of government jobs to private sector jobs, which is more productive and profitable in the end. If he doesnt put americans back to work in the private sector then in 4 years well find someone who will. If obama had fixed the economy in his first two years instead of wasting a trillion plus on stimulus and omnibus and another year on a healthcare bill no one that had to pay for wanted, he would be a shoe in for re election. Reagan was handed the same mess and fixed it in 16 months because i know all you libs are gonna play the bad handoff from bush card so i figure id answer it for you in advance.
    What Reagan did was spend us into tremendous debt. Was the economy better? Yes. As for planned parenthood being wasteful spending i guess u drank the koolaid on this one. Planned parenthood has done wonderful things for women. Abortion is a fraction of what it does but when u hear the right talk about it u would think all it does is cater to abortion. EPA. Yeah lets get rid of this and let the big polluters pollute like crazy. Lets drink shitty water so some asshole who doesn't like to be regulated can make some big bucks sending out any shit he wants. How aboout going after some real money like the military complex and that abuse to the tenth power

MC PICKS
    Update your status

I dont mind my tax dollars going towards the military, its the only government program that is efficient and works.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

I dont mind my tax dollars going towards the military, its the only government program that is efficient and works.
    What makes you think it's efficient?

Thor4140

Of course the socialize military is fine with you guys. Are u aware that we spend more than almost every country combined? U actually think all this money is going to where it should? There is no bigger corruption of our money then what is wasted uner the guise of military spending. Spend more than almost every country combined. Isn't that wonderful. Talk about a waste of fukin money and this is the biggest of them all and the gop won't let anyone touch it cause they have a lot of buddies making a lot of money on the back of the tax payer.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

What makes you think it's efficient?
    Its the best in the world. We dont even use it to its full capacity either because too many people will piss and cry and say we are inhumane.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

It's nice when you can just make stuff up to fit your preconceived notions.

In the last three years, the public sector has shed more jobs than any three-year period on record, and more than 600,000 government workers have lost their jobs since Obama took office. The private sector, meanwhile, has now seen 27 consecutive months of job growth and recovered all of the jobs it lost in the opening months of Obama’s term.

Facts can be pesky things.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Of course the socialize military is fine with you guys. Are u aware that we spend more than almost every country combined? U actually think all this money is going to where it should? There is no bigger corruption of our money then what is wasted uner the guise of military spending. Spend more than almost every country combined. Isn't that wonderful. Talk about a waste of fukin money and this is the biggest of them all and the gop won't let anyone touch it cause they have a lot of buddies making a lot of money on the back of the tax payer.
    You liberals wont be happy till some shithole 3rd world country like iran fires off a nuke at a US city and kills millions will you, is that what its gonna take before you people will support your military. Id rather cut them off before they have a chance to launch, but thats just me.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

In the last three years, the public sector has shed more jobs than any three-year period on record, and more than 600,000 government workers have lost their jobs since Obama took office. The private sector, meanwhile, has now seen 27 consecutive months of job growth and recovered all of the jobs it lost in the opening months of Obama’s term.

Fudging numbers is what the obama administration does best, all lies.

Thor4140

You liberals wont be happy till some shithole 3rd world country like iran fires off a nuke at a US city and kills millions will you, is that what its gonna take before you people will support your military. Id rather cut them off before they have a chance to launch, but thats just me.
    U have no clue how the military complex works. U are just one of those jackoffs that can be scared at any moment and mind shaped like playdo. A neo-con dream.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

What % of these people would be in that 49.1%?

Name:  rally.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  188.6 KB

Thor4140

Fudging numbers is what the obama administration does best, all lies.
    Funny how Obama put the wars on the budget deficit while Bush hid them to make his numbers look better. I guess u missed that one also. Facts are not one of ur strong suits now is it? Does it bother u that every bullshit theory or fake fact u have, gets open up like a small peanut?

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Have a 50% inheritance/estate tax for all inheritance(you can't argue this is USA, everyone should help themselves but then let offspring live tax free off inheritance).
    I beg to differ. What right does the government have to any American citizen's money, earned, inherited or otherwise?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

U have no clue how the military complex works. U are just one of those jackoffs that can be scared at any moment and mind shaped like playdo. A neo-con dream.
    No i actually invest my money wisely according to what our military will be doing in the future, if anything i know exactly how the miltarty complex works you dope. Maybe if you had some foresight you would see things differently, but you probabaly cant pay your school loans off cause your a leech on society, smarten up and come at me when you learn something. Like i said before im willing to bet you're on at least two forms of government assistance or owe money or getting some type of bailout.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Get rid of the GOP and everyone who supports their worthless views and things would improve 100%.
    Is should be treason to purposefully block any help for the economy so voters blame the president and turn to the other party?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Funny how Obama put the wars on the budget deficit while Bush hid them to make his numbers look better. I guess u missed that one also. Facts are not one of ur strong suits now is it? Does it bother u that every bullshit theory or fake fact u have, gets open up like a small peanut?
    You sheep will believe anything you hear on MSLSD, that ed shultz is a smart one.

Thor4140

No i actually invest my money wisely according to what our military will be doing in the future, if anything i know exactly how the miltarty complex works you dope. Maybe if you had some foresight you would see things differently, but you probabaly cant pay your school loans off cause your a leech on society, smarten up and come at me when you learn something. Like i said before im willing to bet you're on at least two forms of government assistance or owe money or getting some type of bailout.
    i owned and sold a business handjob. U know nothing. U are a neo-con wet dream. a pigeon ready to get plucked.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Is should be treason to purposefully block any help for the economy so voters blame the president and turn to the other party?

Thor4140

You sheep will believe anything you hear on MSLSD, that ed shultz is a smart one.

U can't dispute anything i said in that post. LIke the other fella said "facts can be a pesky thing" let me guess Mississippi?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

i owned and sold a business handjob. U know nothing. U are a neo-con wet dream. a pigeon ready to get plucked.
    Name calling is all you got, i own a small business and many other investment interests as well, you sound like your 15 yerars old, im assuming you are since your name is thor and are probabaly a comic book geek.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

U can't dispute anything i said in that post. LIke the other fella said "facts can be a pesky thing" let me guess Mississippi?
    Not even close, northeastern US in one of the bluest of blue states.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

1. Source?

2. Define "government workers". If one were out to manipulate data, one could easily include state and local 'government' employees in their stats to misrepresent reality.

3. Were you born this morning? Might want to check why the Dow dropped more than 2% yesterday: Last month, the U.S. economy added a paltry 69,000 jobs, well below the consensus expectation of 155,000. Rubbing salt in the wound, both March and April's jobs figures were revised downward as well.

You are being lied to.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I can't understand why we don't insist those getting benefits do something to receive those benefits. Can't find work? Not a problem. Here's a broom and a trash can.
    Thank you for saying this. I've said this plenty of times; if you're down on your luck and need a little extra help, fine, no problem. But you're going to earn it. I think this will prevent a lot of the welfare abuse. I'm not so sure that people would still be living for the 1st and the 15th if they had to had to go pick up trash on the side of the road, mow grass, sweep/mop floors, wash dishes, do laundry, etc., for 8 hours a day.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Thank you for saying this. I've said this plenty of times; if you're down on your luck and need a little extra help, fine, no problem. But you're going to earn it. I think this will prevent a lot of the welfare abuse. I'm not so sure that people would still be living for the 1st and the 15th if they had to had to go pick up trash on the side of the road, mow grass, sweep/mop floors, wash dishes, do laundry, etc., for 8 hours a day.

I've never understood this idea that what you need to do each week is provide proof of three job searches and we'll hand over a check. Shit when I got discharged from the military, honorably, I got 8 weeks of unemployment benefits. Guys that got fired were getting months. They told me it's because you choose to quit. No my enlistment was up and I decided, since I had a new born child at home, re-enlistment wasn't best for my family. People that got shit canned were getting 5-10 times the number of weeks I was offered. I hit the ground running and took 4 weeks before I was working (sans benefits) as a substitute janitor for the local school district from 1600-0000mid and then walking over to the the docks to lump (unload semi trucks) until dawn. After 6 mos. of that I finally found a job working at a county jail. I had been on the fire dept. in the military and was looking/testing for a job with a city fire dept. But I took the jail job because it offered benefits and with a new born and family I needed them. 20 some years later I retired as a parole officer. I still think I'd have been happier working in a fire dept. Was on several volunteer departments over the years but could never make the switch. So I stuck with corrections and law enforcement... why? Because I needed the job and needed to support my family.

I currently live close to Cancun. Mx. and often dive or spend a few days in the resorts near there. I can't tell you the number of younger people I run into who tell me they're on unemployment. "You're on unemployment and you're on vacation?" The answer is almost always something like "well I'm a systems blah, blah, blah and the jobs have really been hard to come by, I'm waiting for the right offer." Right offer? No offense but screw you I was a fireman and I went from that to toilet cleaner, truck un-loader to babysitter in a county jail because I needed a fukking job. Maybe instead of waiting for the "right offer" you need to find the next offer that comes your way and jump on it.

/Rant
    Last edited by Tully Mars 63; 06-02-12 at 10:03 PM.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Imagine this: Costa Rica doesn't have unemployment benefits. Nor do we have welfare programs. You don't work, you don't eat. It's as simple as that. Our homeless rate is pretty low, and we have a 96% literacy rate. Our average salary is $500 USD a month.

It's such a simple concept. You don't work = you don't eat. People have pride in themselves here. I don't know where people went wrong back home, but it's sickening. It shouldn't take anybody longer than a month to find a job. It may not be your dream job, but it'll be something that pays the bills. Then again, too many people have this entitlement mentality.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

it is higher than that. all this people getting government assist with tax credits on their tax return. these people need to step up and get off the government tit.

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Imagine this: Costa Rica doesn't have unemployment benefits. Nor do we have welfare programs. You don't work, you don't eat. It's as simple as that. Our homeless rate is pretty low, and we have a 96% literacy rate. Our average salary is $500 USD a month.

It's such a simple concept. You don't work = you don't eat. People have pride in themselves here. I don't know where people went wrong back home, but it's sickening. It shouldn't take anybody longer than a month to find a job. It may not be your dream job, but it'll be something that pays the bills. Then again, too many people have this entitlement mentality.
    I agree there is an entitlement mentality happening in the US and it's not helping. But that entitlement mentality is true for people and corporations. If corporations were more honor bound to what's best for the country and not solely what best for their bottom line the US would be gaining not losing ground to other countries.

First 123 Last