Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    20 some years later I retired as a parole officer.

/Rant
    That's part of the problem with some govt jobs. Retired after 20 years with a full pension I'm sure. That gets kind of expensive.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Imagine this: Costa Rica doesn't have unemployment benefits. Nor do we have welfare programs. You don't work, you don't eat. It's as simple as that. Our homeless rate is pretty low, and we have a 96% literacy rate. Our average salary is $500 USD a month.

It's such a simple concept. You don't work = you don't eat. People have pride in themselves here. I don't know where people went wrong back home, but it's sickening. It shouldn't take anybody longer than a month to find a job. It may not be your dream job, but it'll be something that pays the bills. Then again, too many people have this entitlement mentality.
    Excellent post. The sad truth in the United States is that most people have have no idea of the extent of the welfare state in the US, it goes way beyond stereotypes. Its far beyond just poor people, it gets into Social security and medicare as well as medicaid among all classes. I knew a middle class neighbor who had just turned 21 years old who received ssi or ssd (free medical and dental) plus 500$ a month, the average salary in costa rica, for basically being "disabled". Alot of blue collar people with two jobs and students cant afford medical insurance and he was getting it free plus a monthly check.

Basically he sat around and was smoking pot and being lazy, he was no more "disabled" than any one else I have ever met, he was perfectly healthy but couldnt hold a job, he hates to work and his miserable parent who was on it already knew how use social services and the system and there are tons of lawyers out there ready to get people on disability. Think of how many people with severe disabilities who still go to work every day.
    Last edited by gregm; 06-03-12 at 12:16 AM.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

He is not called the food stamp president for a reason!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

100% that everyone in this thread receives some sort of gov't aid, even if it comes in the form of tax credits. Bunch of broke dikk fukks in here.

Balco10

73% increase under Obama....food stamp president!

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Because we're all so broke and poor after the Bush administration.

Balco10

[QUOTE=The Kraken;14942914]100% that everyone in this thread receives some sort of gov't aid, even if it comes in the form of tax credits. Bunch of broke dikk fukks in here.[/QUO
    How do you know??? You don't know shit you far left liberal!

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    That's part of the problem with some govt jobs. Retired after 20 years with a full pension I'm sure. That gets kind of expensive.
    Actually no. 63% and I had to purchase my 4yrs of military service (at a cost of several thousand) so they would apply and give me 25 years of service. Plus I had to give up any option of purchasing health care through the system, which is partly why I currently live in Mexico. My health insurance here costs roughly 1k a year and the coverage/care is far superior to what I was getting in the US. I also had to agree not to work in another system covered job for at least 5 yrs, by union contract you give up any claim to seniority after 5 yrs. It was a move designed to lower the cost to the tax payers. Anyone with close to 25yrs, were offered a way to retire at reduced %. Replace people in the top pay grade with kids fresh out of college. Had I stayed on five more years it would have greatly benefited me financially but I got sick and tired of phone calls day and night where one of my parolees had been picked up (burglarizing, stealing a car, scamming some old lady out of money etc..) and being told "you can't put them in closed custody, jails full." As long as it wasn't violent and even it were in a some cases, the prep walked. After a while I started wondering "why are you calling me at 0300 to tell me this? You're just going to let him walk anyway." "It's in the manual we have to notify you." "Well anyway thanks for the wake up call. I'll go tell him, again, to stop stealing cars. I'm sure this will be the time he listens to me."

It was really a crazy system or at least it became a crazy system. I figured let some young kid who wants to take on the world figure it out.

Balco10

Yeap, 62% more are on food stamps under this liberal! Most ever under any president. Even ******* Carter!

Tully Mars 63

It's been rising steadily pretty much since the day Bush took office.

Balco10

Your buddy Nobama had 4 years to fix the economy! He has done nothing to help, but his done everything to destroy our country!
    Name one thing he has done to improve? If he is reelected then we can see an economic collapse.

Tully Mars 63

Actually Obama is not my buddy and he's done many things I disagree. But to say he's worse then Bush Jr. was is simply laughable.

In another thread, maybe this one, I read where you said "Bush never started any wars, the terrorist did!" How exactly did the terrorist start Iraq? There weren't any terrorist in Iraq before we invaded.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

One word

Taxes

Tully Mars 63

One word...

Pizza

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

One word

Horny

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

One word
    Oligarchy

Tully Mars 63

Ha! Wealthy, horny, pizza eating kings are taking over the United States. Actually I can't see too many wealthy people eating pizza. I could picture Mitt in a pizza parlor (do they still call them "parlors?") talking to a group of dinners and saying "Oh, you I see you're eating pizza. Is it good? I think it must be because I have friends who own national pizza chains and they do very well."

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    One word

Horny
    Exactly...like rats reproducing uncontrollably.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    100% that everyone in this thread receives some sort of gov't aid, even if it comes in the form of tax credits. Bunch of broke dikk fukks in here.
    Your statement is false. Some people like to earn their keep, and while it may be hard for you imagine, there is an entire world out there outside of the borders of the United States, and many of those countries simply don't offer government aid whatsoever.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    He is not called the food stamp president for a reason!

lol, He's not!?!

Tully Mars 63

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    lol, He's not!?!

He certainly is in some circles. All depends on who you listen to and who you read. I went on an anti-Obama web search a few days ago. I'd say (completely guessing) 40-50% rational (though many inaccurate statements) I don't like him because of "X." About 30-40% of I don't like him based on his views of (pick one or both... gay rights/abortion.) And about 5-10% I hate him because he's a ni**a, jew lovin' commie POS, "Ma! where I put my grand wizard robes?" I think almost all of them would call him the "food stamp POTUS.

I did a similar search for anti-Romeny stuff with just as predictable results.

The country's so divided I really don't think it matters who wins... we're fukked. The country will not prosper under these conditions. No one wants to listen to reason or facts. One side wants to wage war without paying for it and the other will throw away millions of jobs to MAYBE save some tree squirrel no ones ever heard of before. Right now people merely want other people to repeat statements they already believe to be true... even if they're complete BS.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

First 123