big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Just to put things in perspective...

McCain got ~30% of the hispanic vote in 08, and lost.

The hispanic population has grown a lot in the last 4 years.

Romney is polling in the single-digits with hispanics currently.

Good luck with that.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

"Obama ... stressed he probably knows about Judaism more than any other president, because he read about it"

I may vote for Hussein now...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nt_646293.html

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post

Good luck with that.
    Exactly.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post

Good luck with that.
    i brought this up earlier, mccain also was from the southwest, which no doubt got him more hispanic support then he would have otherwise. romney will get whitewashed by the hispanics.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Obama has brought neither hope nor change
    No President will -- Democrat or Republican. They're all in bed with big business in order to get elected and at the mercy of an incompetent Congress drawing record-low approval ratings. "Hope" and "change" from a Presidential tenure in the United States is now an antiquated concept. You have Ronnie Reagan to thank for that; he let big business crawl into the White House bed, and our country will never be the same because of it.

Sam Odom

At the Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Alabama more than 20,000 people have applied for one of the 877 job openings.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47614988

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

PS: This is about a bet. Please don't come in with your own personal views of the candidates. Your vote won't affect the line.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    At the Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Alabama more than 20,000 people have applied for one of the 877 job openings.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47614988
    sounds like they got good odds to be hired

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I don't see Romney out-performing Obama on any debates, and I don't see Obama putting his foot in his mouth more than Romney.

How will line have better value in September?

This guy knows sports and politics. It may be close IE the polls but one thing you can't do is beat Obama in a debate - Obama will shine in a debate and win going away. Maybe not my choice but then again I have voted for 3 bushes in my lifetime btw all the bushes won when I did.

Obama wins going away - just wait for the debates - he will be -300 after

Sam Odom

Catholic Democrats are leaving the Democratic Party, as are others

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/bl...s#.T8ZcG8XGO70

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

this shit is more predictable then the nba playoffs, theres been one upset EVER in like 230+ years.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Obama will win whether its a pick'em or -350

My question:
    what are you gonna throw up mathy?
    $177 to win $100
    Win $200,$300
    What are you gonna tie up on a ticket for the next 5 months on a ticket?

Sam Odom

What % of popular vote do you think Obama will lose or gain from 2008

IMO-- Obama is less popular now and is NOT the blank slate he was in 2008... So , I say Obama will lose some popular vote %

How Much? maybe 3%

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

What % of popular vote do you think Obama will lose or gain from 2008

IMO-- Obama is less popular now and is NOT the blank slate he was in 2008... So , I say Obama will lose some popular vote %

How Much? maybe 3%
    i believe he got about 53% or 54%, probably wont get that much this time. doesnt matter really since electoral votes are what counts.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post

doesnt matter really since electoral votes are what counts.
    I know that...

How many states would flip from Obama to Mittens even at a 2% change inside the states

For example : a few swing states Obama won in '08

Fla +2.5%
    N.Car +0.4%
    Ohio +2.4
    Ind +0.9%

Sam Odom

Just got this ABC News tweet

Romney Rebounds Among Women, While Obama’s Favorability Slips

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I know that...

How many states would flip from Obama to Mittens even at a 2% change inside the states

For example : a few swing states Obama won in '08

Fla +2.5%
    N.Car +0.4%
    Ohio +2.4
    Ind +0.9%
    if romney loses florida, in the words of the hawk, he gone. cant see a scenario without florida that he could win, i dont really see him winning anyways at this point. i have to ask sammy what is ur no vig line as of right now?

Tully Mars 63
    Tully Mars 63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

If you look at polls tracking electoral maps Mitt's got an up hill battle. Obama can win without Ohio and Florida. Mitt can do it and there's a lot of time left on the clock. Stuff like the SCOTUS decision on the healthcare act and who Romney chooses as a VP can and likely will move the line. But in the end I really think Obama will take Ohio as well as the other rust belt states. Probably lose Florida. And you've got another four years of Obama.

Sam Odom

trinity , 1.5% popular vote change in Fla flips it - but who knows ?

My guesstimate line right now... I believe Obama holds a 46 electoral lead , can he hold on? Probably but there's a long hot summer ahead

Obama -150

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post

If you look at polls tracking electoral maps Mitt's got an up hill battle. Obama can win without Ohio and Florida. Mitt can do it and there's a lot of time left on the clock. Stuff like the SCOTUS decision on the healthcare act and who Romney chooses as a VP can and likely will move the line. But in the end I really think Obama will take Ohio as well as the other rust belt states. Probably lose Florida. And you've got another four years of Obama.

I think the Wisconsin recall election will give us a 'snapshot' of the mood in the midwest

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

trinity , 1.5% popular vote change in Fla flips it - but who knows ?

My guesstimate line right now... I believe Obama holds a 46 electoral lead , can he hold on? Probably but there's a long hot summer ahead

Obama -150
    Here's the problem with a Mitt "rally" -- we know everything about Obama. His track record as President is there for all to see. How will Mitt handle the contradictions and flip-flopping in his political history? Will your typical American voter be comfortable when it comes down to putting a Mormon in the White House? I don't see how Mitt gets any "bump" or gains any momentum from here on out. He's a horrible candidate from a horrible pool of candidates, and the Republicans have totally wasted an opportunity to gain the WH back, because Obama's chin is wide open and begging for an upper-cut.

Tully Mars 63

That's very possible and right now Walker has been polling well. The way things are tracking I'd be surprised to see Walker defeated. Last fall the numbers looked completely different. But the numbers for Romney in neighboring states haven't shown a turn but they could.

Sam Odom

N C , I believe RomneyCo will hit back and hit back harder than McCain - McCain was a pitiful national campaigner

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

From Obama and Mitt all the way down through Congress, it's really a sad commentary on how far our political system has fallen. What a pathetic group of "leaders."

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Citizens United will give Romney a tremendous chance to win. This was a radical right wing supreme Court ruling that has fuked everyone in the middle class. The attack adds will be ten to 1 this coming year and we all know how well the Republicans like attack ads without a speck of facts behind them. These are usually made to fool the dumbest of our dumb which would basically be rightwing middle class voters. The way Romney made his fortune and somehow has supporters, just shows u how truly naive this country is. Throw in the fact that the Southern base would rather die than miss a vote, Obama is gonna be in trouble. If u don't think the Southern base is strong just look at American Idol each year. You never get the best singer but u get some Southern twist. Obama trying to work with these assholes the first three years while we all witness what these assholes did to BIll Clinton, has turned off Obama supporters. These voters will be hard to get off the couch and get them to vote again. Now a Southerner? They will die to vote even tho as usual it means to vote against their very own best interest time and time again.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

i think its going to move further up. election is far away dude. lots of shit can happen. but in october that number will be -200 to -225.

its not even close in the e.c votes, the battle ground states. rommney has to be one of the worst choices for president i have ever seen. the guy is the biggest ******* phooney i ever seen. he changes his opinion to fit with what people want. and he backs down on his positions as soon as some-one scures him. just look at the gay-aide issue. a commentator on local texas radio ranted about it, rommney fired him. next day the commentator was like damn, if i can push this guy around how is he going to handle the whitehouse.

and in other news, after obama endorses gay marriage(one of the biggest social issues in america's history, for a president to say i support it) the gay aide now supports obama, as will 99.99 gays.
    \
    thats it not even worth going on and on about other issues about ALL obama's accomplishments. its over. he has already more accomplishments in 1 term then bush would in 10.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

N C , I believe RomneyCo will hit back and hit back harder than McCain - McCain was a pitiful national campaigner
    I believe so as well, but you have two guys with a lot of money and not a lot to offer. Really not much difference between the two frankly; Romney would be a better "CEO" for this country than Obama and probably better overall for the economy, but I'm not sure where else he can hit Obama enough where it hurts to unseat him.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm still trying to figure out if Obama is going to have Biden step aside and make Hillary his VP to set her up for a 2016 run. That would probably be the KO punch, given it would energize the women voters.

I could see Hillary vs. Christie in '16.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I believe so as well, but you have two guys with a lot of money and not a lot to offer. Really not much difference between the two frankly; Romney would be a better "CEO" for this country than Obama and probably better overall for the economy, but I'm not sure where else he can hit Obama enough where it hurts to unseat him.
    obviously u have no idea how Romney made his money to make a statement like that.

Tully Mars 63

Here's the problem with a Mitt "rally" -- we know everything about Obama. His track record as President is there for all to see. How will Mitt handle the contradictions and flip-flopping in his political history? Will your typical American voter be comfortable when it comes down to putting a Mormon in the White House? I don't see how Mitt gets any "bump" or gains any momentum from here on out. He's a horrible candidate from a horrible pool of candidates, and the Republicans have totally wasted an opportunity to gain the WH back, because Obama's chin is wide open and begging for an upper-cut.

I'm almost 50 and I can't remember a candidate not get a bump from the party's national convention. Of course years ago the conventions seem to be more of a contest of which nominee was going to be the pick and now it's all decided before hand. So the conventions have lost some steam but I still think Mitt's number climb at the end of August. Then the next week the Dem will have their party so...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post

its not even close in the e.c votes, the battle ground states.

this proves you have little if any political acumen

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    obviously u have no idea how Romney made his money to make a statement like that.
    I said better than Obama -- I didn't say good.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Tully Mars 63 View Post
    I'm almost 50 and I can't remember a candidate not get a bump from the party's national convention. Of course years ago the conventions seem to be more of a contest of which nominee was going to be the pick and now it's all decided before hand. So the conventions have lost some steam but I still think Mitt's number climb at the end of August. Then the next week the Dem will have their party so...
    so you suggest taking obama in that week?

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post

free market capitalism

First 12345 Last