mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

What am I missing? Democrat to win election -177

Unless some sort of Obama gay sex scandal is exposed, how does he lose this election? Romney is a way inferior candidate than McCain in terms of appeal (not my personal opinion) and this time Obama has the advantage of incumbency. Obama's record on the economy sucks but how many people don't support him now but did in 2008? I am not sensing any unhappiness with Obama among his 2008 supporters, only Republican dissatisfaction with Romney.

And if Obama dies before the election people will elect Biden out of guilt/sympathy.

What am I missing??

mathy

PS: This is about a bet. Please don't come in with your own personal views of the candidates. Your vote won't affect the line.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think that has value, wait for it to drop closer to the election.

mathdotcom

I don't see Romney out-performing Obama on any debates, and I don't see Obama putting his foot in his mouth more than Romney.

How will line have better value in September?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Careful. All of the SBR (fill in the blank name) Republicans and Sammy Odom are in full-fledged denial about this and they might take their anger out on your account.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I listened to a die-hard Republican at work the other day explain to a co-worker for 15 minutes how/why Obama has no chance and Romney will win in a landslide.

It's amazing how delusional some people are. I'm not an Obama supporter in any way, shape or form, but let's get real here guys.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    I don't see Romney out-performing Obama on any debates, and I don't see Obama putting his foot in his mouth more than Romney.

Won't have to wait until September.

When the courts rule against Obamacare next month, it'll give Romney a lot of momentum and push the price.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually Obama has met his match. Romney is just as capable and charismatic debating. He made Newt look like a fool, although that's probably not saying a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

When the courts rule against Obamacare next month, it'll give Romney a lot of momentum and push the price.
    Someone's paying attention.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I listened to a die-hard Republican at work the other day explain to a co-worker for 15 minutes how/why Obama has no chance and Romney will win in a landslide.

It's amazing how delusional some people are. I'm not an Obama supporter in any way, shape or form, but let's get real here guys.
    Coin is 100% spot on.. sammy odom dudley and all the republicans might shyt...

mathdotcom

A normal candidate would be pushed up by this, but Romney can't talk about health care because he implemented Obamacare in Massachusetts. So he just has very little ammunition because of who he is, in my opinion.

(Personally I think the quality of Democratic and Republican candidates has totally tanked since the turn of the century.)

But at the end of the day that is a major blow to Obama, it was supposed to be the jewel in his 2008-2012 crown.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Sammy Odom are in full-fledged denial about this and they might take their anger out on your account.

Sammy has NEVER said Obama will lose... I would like to see him lose tho

I may bet an Obama win right after the GOP convention

mathdotcom

Thanks for your insights.

If Obamacare struck down, do you think Democrat moves to -120?? What if Obamacare is upheld? Moves to -250?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Romney can't talk about health care because he implemented Obamacare in Massachusetts.

what is good for a goose is NOT good for the gander - In this case anyhow

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Line was lower a few weeks ago. I have family members who want to make a bet on this and they've never gambled once in their life.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Gambling on politics... it's the same as gambling on a NBA Game...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

A normal candidate would be pushed up by this, but Romney can't talk about health care because he implemented Obamacare in Massachusetts. So he just has very little ammunition because of who he is, in my opinion.

(Personally I think the quality of Democratic and Republican candidates has totally tanked since the turn of the century.)

But at the end of the day that is a major blow to Obama, it was supposed to be the jewel in his 2008-2012 crown.
    Romney has already explained a valid argument about "state's rights", and the unconstitutionality of the federal government forcing you to get a product or pay a penalty/tax.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I am a conservative who opposes Obama on everything but I think Mitt Romney is a terrible candidate that won't win. The Obama machine is going to pull out all the stops to make sure they win, no matter how nasty/despicable it is. They don't call him Teflon Obama for no reason. He could be caught doing a 5 year old boy on live TV and the media would still have his back and spin things in his favor. Nothing will stick to Obama and the media will do his bidding. I think the line is bettable now and will only trend towards Obama as things go forward because his attacks will be carried out and destroy Romney.

The GOP will take the senate and house though.

muldoon

When you're looking at billions in advertising, you will NOT see an election decided in the summer. It'll tighten up, you'll get a better price.

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Romney has already explained a valid argument about "state's rights", and the unconstitutionality of the federal government forcing you to get a product or pay a penalty/tax.
    And I agree with this but 99% of Democrats will fall for it when Obama says 'How can R criticize me on Obamacare when he did exactly that in Massachusetts?'

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for your insights.

If Obamacare struck down, do you think Democrat moves to -120?? What if Obamacare is upheld? Moves to -250?
    I think it goes down either way. If the Supreme Court somehow backs it, the conservative base will work stronger to get majorities in the House and Senate, along with the White House, because that will be needed to try and abolish it before it is fully implemented in 2014.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

holy balls i hope you are not a platinum politics handicapper too or this country is fukked.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    They don't call him Teflon Obama for no reason.
    I can honestly say I've never heard anyone (until now) call him that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you are the one that is viewed on this site as a person that can analyze data to come up with a value on betting lines.

not sure why you are asking people in player talk about this.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Unless some sort of Obama gay sex scandal is exposed, how does he lose this election? Romney is a way inferior candidate than McCain in terms of appeal (not my personal opinion) and this time Obama has the advantage of incumbency. Obama's record on the economy sucks but how many people don't support him now but did in 2008? I am not sensing any unhappiness with Obama among his 2008 supporters, only Republican dissatisfaction with Romney.

And if Obama dies before the election people will elect Biden out of guilt/sympathy.

What am I missing??

mathy

PS: This is about a bet. Please don't come in with your own personal views of the candidates. Your vote won't affect the line.

Minorities Voted last election in record numbers.

If they don't show up this time Obama will lose.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

And I agree with this but 99% of Democrats will fall for it when Obama says 'How can R criticize me on Obamacare when he did exactly that in Massachusetts?'
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that point. At that point, it will pretty much come down to how energized the progressive base is. After the 2010 elections, I don't see a lot of "hope" for Obama.

mathdotcom

May have to lay off. Could be a big trap.

Minorities surely still prefer Obama but he hasn't done anything for them so they are probably more indifferent than anything now.

Thanks posters

Will be PASSING for now

mathdotcom

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    you are the one that is viewed on this site as a person that can analyze data to come up with a value on betting lines.

not sure why you are asking people in player talk about this.
    Please send me a few thousand box scores on elections between Obama and Romney

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

When you're looking at billions in advertising, you will NOT see an election decided in the summer. It'll tighten up, you'll get a better price.
    Bull, every attack Obama launches against Romney will stick and every attack Romney launches against Obama will fail.

Why? The media. The media controls the narrative, so they will make sure they play up every Obama attack against Romney and keep it in the headlines and spin it in Obama's favor. Any Romney attack will be immediately downplayed and discredited, swept under the rug, and spun in Obama's favor and then they will turn against Romney for being "going negative" and praise Obama for being the adult in the room.

This will be 1996 all over again, incumbent democrat beats boring establishment moderate Republican.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

IDK, maybe it's just me. The difference between 'bama and Mitt is zero.

I do know the Repubs caused all kinds of shit in 'bama's term. I'm not
    playing their little childish games. Any Repub incumbent on the ballot
    will not get my vote come Nov.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

line will be around even money (at the very least) after gop convention. no reason to bet this now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: muldoon

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Actually Obama has met his match. Romney is just as capable and charismatic debating. He made Newt look like a fool, although that's probably not saying a whole lot.

Someone's paying attention.
    With all due respect Lou, give me a break.

I'll ask you the same thing about Mitt that I asked about Newt: will any minorities vote for him? Exactly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well if white college kids vote for Obama like last time he wins easy

Does anyone realize these same white kids that vote for Obama will do nothing for them

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

here is intrade's history for the 2008 election. see that tiny moment where mccain was favored? that was right after the gop convention.

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/intradeTV/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

All of the republicans on the site, come here to vent, they know they are dead in the water, that's why none of them will put their money where their mouth is.

I will be calling Walker out soon with another bet offer.... and he will backpedal faster than Prime time.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

If George Bush can win two presidential elections you better know a sitting president with a 60% disapproval rate and an economy thats worse off than it was is vulnerable.

I do think the electoral map favors Obama but I certainly wouldn't lay -170ish. Maybe -120 would be enticing.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Those who said wait until the convention
    are exactly correct...IMHO.
    The challenger from either party gets a bounce coming out of their
    respective conventions. If you think that Obama may win ...Wager on
    him after the Republican convention.

1234 ... Last