skipton
    skipton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    biggest scumbag to ever run for president.

"In a must-read piece today, the Washington Post’s Jason Horowitz reports that Mitt Romney was a prep school meanie. The story, which Horowitz got independently from five of Romney’s former classmates, is that after spring break in 1965, Romney came back to Cranbrook, his all-male private school in Michigan, and noticed that John Lauber, a new student a year younger than him, was wearing his hair bleached blond and hanging down over one eye. Lauber generally got teased for looking different and seeming gay, though he was not out. Romney’s friend at the time, Matthew Friedemann, recalls that Romney said of Lauber, “He can’t look like that. That’s wrong. Just look at him!” Romney kept complaining, and a few days later led a “prep school posse” that “came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground.”

Here’s the clincher: “As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.”

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/new...ton_post_.html
    at least he is an american citizen, obama is only looking out for his brothers lets see we the breakin in mass where he depends the black bigot professor oh and we have the church that slams on white people that he use to go to what a joke

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

its also a crime.

"FBI agents on Wednesday raided an Ohio compound and arrested seven Amish men on hate charges in connection with haircutting attacks on other members of the usually isolated Christian religion."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...-charges-.html

"Walter was arrested New Year's Eve after a woman claims she caught him cutting her hair on the bus"

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Tri-Me...-80548067.html

If I spit on my class mate, I get detention.

If I go out and spit on an adult as an adult, I go to jail.

Do you see the difference you fairy boy nancy piece of dog shit?

If it was up to you, you'd be prosecuting 11 year old white kids with federal hate crimes for pushing a black child down at recess.
    Last edited by PickWinnerAllDay; 05-10-12 at 09:19 PM.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by Shaudius View Post
    You:
    " Of course, if we were to hold every person to the worst things they did in high school, pretty much everyone here is a big time asshole."

Me:
    "I am absolutely positive that the worst tort/crime that most people committed in high school was not an intentional tort/crime. "

Your argument was that pretty much everyone here did horrible things in high school, one has to presume as bad as what Romney did. My argument was that most people don't do nearly as bad things as Romney did in high school. How do I know? Because what Romney did to this kid in high school would absolutely get you suspended today or thrown in jail if done outside of school. Most kids whole graduate high school never get suspended and are never thrown in jail.

Most people also don't get drunk and beat someone up. Because if most people were to do that, they would, again, most likely end up in jail, since only about 1% of population of the US is incarcerated at one time. I'm gonna go with the number of people who commit crimes which would cause jail time or even crimes at all to be far far less than most people, even on SBR.
    What doesn't get you suspended from school these days? Elementary children get suspended for bringing GI Joe guns to school. Not life sized, but the little inch long guns. There is no way anyone would be put in prison for cutting someone's hair in school.

You probably think boys dipping girls' pigtails in ink jars back then was a crime punishable by prison too, right?

skipton
    skipton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

what d head started this political romney thread?

keep this bs off the board, enough of this shit on yahoo

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

its also a crime.

"FBI agents on Wednesday raided an Ohio compound and arrested seven Amish men on hate charges in connection with haircutting attacks on other members of the usually isolated Christian religion."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...-charges-.html

"Walter was arrested New Year's Eve after a woman claims she caught him cutting her hair on the bus"

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Tri-Me...-80548067.html
    The first case was arrested on hate crime laws, which is more liberal bullshit, not just for cutting hair. The second case wasn't about hair cutting, but "Jared Walter appeared in court Tuesday on robbery and transportation interference charges stemming from a rash of bizarre assaults on TriMet."

Funny how you left off the first paragraph.

Shaudius
    Shaudius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Too bad it isn't supposed. I posted the proof. Something your beloved Obama can't do for some reason.

This was a haircut. They cut his hair. They didn't harm him in any way.
    Surely you'll learn about something called, intentional infliction of emotional distress. I'm pretty sure holding down someone while they scream for help as you cut their hair that haunts them for years would qualify and is a tortuous harm.

And also tortuous assault doesn't require harm, as you'll learn in your 1L torts class, assault is tort of causing immediate apprehension of harmful or offensive contact. I am absolutely sure that holding someone down and coming at them with scissors puts a reasonable apprehension of harmful or offensive contact.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by skipton View Post
    keep this bs off the board, enough of this shit on yahoo
    I agree man, we dont see people starting anti obama threads so its not fair to see ones about romney.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    The first case was arrested on hate crime laws, which is more liberal bullshit, not just for cutting hair. The second case wasn't about hair cutting, but "Jared Walter appeared in court Tuesday on robbery and transportation interference charges stemming from a rash of bizarre assaults on TriMet."

Funny how you left off the first paragraph.
    and what was this mystery crime they were all arrested and charged for? oh yeah.... haircutting!!!!! if they hadnt cut their hair, would they be under arrest and charged? i doubt it.

what part of walter was arrested after a woman accused him of cutting her hair on the bus do you have a problem comprehending?

Shaudius

If it was up to you, you'd be prosecuting 11 year old white kids with federal hate crimes for pushing a black child down at recess.
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    You probably think boys dipping girls' pigtails in ink jars back then was a crime punishable by prison too, right?
    Mitt Romney was a senior in high school of 17 or 18 years old when the incident happened, he was far from this 11 year old hypothetical white kid pushing down a black girl or a boy dipping girl's pigtails in ink jars. He was fully grown, and quite possibly a legal adult. Just because society decides not to punish activities that happen in school the same as they would punish those same activities by those same people outside of school does not in any way justify the activities in question.

PickWinnerAllDay

Mitt Romney was a senior in high school of 17 or 18 years old when the incident happened, he was far from this 11 year old hypothetical white kid pushing down a black girl or a boy dipping girl's pigtails in ink jars. He was fully grown, and quite possibly a legal adult. Just because society decides not to punish activities that happen in school the same as they would punish those same activities by those same people outside of school does not in any way justify the activities in question.
    If you can't see the difference between school kids who know each other doing something to each other and someone doing it to a stranger outside of school than I can't help you.

I can assure you of this... probably 90% of high school guys commit some kind of crime during high school... even if its just sexual harassment.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

If I spit on my class mate, I get detention.

If I go out and spit on an adult as an adult, I go to jail.

Do you see the difference you fairy boy nancy piece of dog shit?

A 17-year-old male New Canaan High School student was arrested Jan. 27 at 4 p.m. for assaulting a fellow student on Dec. 5,*2011.

http://www.newcanaannewsonline.com/n...lt-2874609.php

you are going to be such a lousy lawyer.

PickWinnerAllDay

A 17-year-old male New Canaan High School student was arrested Jan. 27 at 4 p.m. for assaulting a fellow student on Dec. 5,*2011.

http://www.newcanaannewsonline.com/n...lt-2874609.php

you are going to be such a lousy lawyer.

I will succeed in law school and in the law field like everything else in my life.

You are used to failure because genetically, your father was a loser, and your mother was a loser. You continue their tradition and apparently you are proud of it. You also posted an attack in a parking lot that involved punches. How is this similar to cutting someone's hair again?

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

its the economy stupid

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

NEWSFLASH: (AP) Investigative reporters have learned that Mitt Romney used crayons to defecate a wall in 1955.

Going to be a fun election season.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

I will succeed in law school and in the law field like everything else in my life.

You are used to failure because genetically, your father was a loser, and your mother was a loser. You continue their tradition and apparently you are proud of it. You also posted an attack in a parking lot that involved punches. How is this similar to cutting someone's hair again?
    you claimed what happens in school stays in school, including assaults. you were wrong, as usual.

youve been a failure at everything since youve been here.

only thing youve succeeded at is chargbacking, stiffing pts, ghosting and posting 24/7.

youre the biggest joke here.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    NEWSFLASH: (AP) Investigative reporters have learned that Mitt Romney used crayons to defecate a wall in 1955.

PickWinnerAllDay

you claimed what happens in school stays in school, including assaults. you were wrong, as usual.

youve been a failure at everything since youve been here.

only thing youve succeeded at is chargbacking, stiffing pts, ghosting and posting 24/7.

youre the biggest joke here.

Reality is, this is a gambling forum. People actually value my baseball unders. Does anyone value your contribution here? Anyone? Seriously... anyone?

PickWinnerAllDay

Don't let crustyme read that story. He'd have so much more ammo against Romney!

Shaudius

If you can't see the difference between school kids who know each other doing something to each other and someone doing it to a stranger outside of school than I can't help you.

I can assure you of this... probably 90% of high school guys commit some kind of crime during high school... even if its just sexual harassment.
    Mitt Romney and the guy who got held down and had his hair cut were not friends, this was an act of bullying, if it happened in a Meijer Mitt Romney would have been arrested(although the charges would have quietly disappeared see next sentence). The fact that it happened at school and his father was governor at the time means he had absolutely no fear of reprisal from this kid or any of this kids friends.

The fact that you think an incident like this should be viewed as no big deal, even if it happened today is troubling, extremely troubling.

What about intentional torts? What percentage do you think commit those like Mitt Romney did?

PickWinnerAllDay

Mitt Romney and the guy who got held down and had his hair cut were not friends, this was an act of bullying, if it happened in a Meijer Mitt Romney would have been arrested(although the charges would have quietly disappeared see next sentence). The fact that it happened at school and his father was governor at the time means he had absolutely no fear of reprisal from this kid or any of this kids friends.

The fact that you think an incident like this should be viewed as no big deal, even if it happened today is troubling, extremely troubling.

What about intentional torts? What percentage do you think commit those like Mitt Romney did?
    You've yet to explain why something Romney did in high school is relevant to his ability to lead us as a nation, today.

Still waiting. Still nothing. The reality is, Romney could be a well behaved kid and an awful president or a little punk in high school and one of our best presidents. It is NOT relevant.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Reality is, this is a gambling forum. People actually value my baseball unders. Does anyone value your contribution here? Anyone? Seriously... anyone?

everyone posting picks has had a winning streak short-term, even henryhill. its just finally your turn after your 5-200 run under all your other names.

but eventually they will forget about you after your upcoming cold streak. enjoy it while it lasts.

PickWinnerAllDay

everyone posting picks has had a winning streak short-term, even henryhill. its just finally your turn after your 5-200 run under all your other names.

but eventually they will forget about you after your upcoming cold streak. enjoy it while it lasts.
    Wrong. I've always posted good unders. Even last year. But continue making up lies. Liberals are good at it.

I heard Romney may or may not have peed on a rug as a baby. Better dig into it a little more, maybe take some samples with your tongue.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    this is why liberals are a joke, they focus on shit like this instead of real issues
    Real issue like Gay rights to Marriage. Romney fails twice!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Just out of curiosity John, what is the statute of limitations in relation to violent crimes against minors in ur country??

Indeed, it has only just begun

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

David Corn and Cynthia Tucker were on the Al Sharpton show on MSNBC and also referred to Romney as "Evil" and "Dark" because he giggled one time when one of his teachers walked into a closed door in school....this is all they can do to cover up Obama's failures. Guess it means you're a serial killer nowadays if you laugh at Worlds Dumbest or Americas Funniest videos of people falling down.

Shaudius

You've yet to explain why something Romney did in high school is relevant to his ability to lead us as a nation, today.

Still waiting. Still nothing. The reality is, Romney could be a well behaved kid and an awful president or a little punk in high school and one of our best presidents. It is NOT relevant.

How about this:

"What is troubling about this whole thing for present day Romney isn't that he did it, it's as I said in my post, either he doesn't remember it, so assaulting another teen just wasn't a big deal to him, or he's lying about remembering it."

or this,

"
    Also the fact that Romney says he doesn't remember it means one of three things, 1) the guy telling the story is lying or 2) committing assault a kid while he was in high school wasn't a big deal in his life enough to remember, 3) Romney is lying about remembering. The second and third options are pretty messed up."

It speaks to his character. Character matters, especially in the President, who is not just an economic or political leader, but also one of the most important faces of the US to the rest of the world, and to the American people. Certainly not thinking that what he did back then is a big deal or a big enough deal to remember, an event that haunted another kid for years, that according to other participants they still remember, speaks to his character today, as do his other actions throughout the campaign.

Or hell, if he does remember and is lying about not remembering, that would be even worse, of course we can't really know if its this unless he later comes out and says he does remember.

I am certainly not suggesting that this incident is dispositive of Romney as a candidate, but its just one more brick in the wall of Romney's character that paint a pretty troubling picture.

PickWinnerAllDay

Character matters now for presidency? Coming from a liberal?

HAHA... weren't they saying that character didn't matter for Bill Clinton, only the job?

This is just getting too good.

Shaudius

Character matters now for presidency? Coming from a liberal?

HAHA... weren't they saying that character didn't matter for Bill Clinton, only the job?

This is just getting too good.
    Strawman after strawman after strawman. What makes you think I'm a liberal? Because I don't support someone committing assault on someone else? Because I actually see it as assault? Because the person I don't think should be assaulting someone happens to be the presumptive Republican nominee for President?

You then say they, as if all liberals are today defending Bill Cllnton's actions. Or as if someone who is supposedly liberal has to support every liberal. No one is spouting us versus them rhetoric here but you. I call it like I see it. And besides, when you say they are you also referring to Republicans at the time who were shouting up and down that character matters and therefore Bill Clinton is this and that and the other thing. You remember who one of the main people spouting that was? Newt Gingrich, who at the time it turns out was cheating on his wife and lying about it just as much as Bill Clinton. Neither side has a monopoly on hypocrisy, but I don't see how you see any hypocrisy on my part in this.

So which is it, does character matter or doesn't it? I think it absolutely matters, and it doesn't matter who the person is in question, Democrat or Republican.
    Last edited by Shaudius; 05-10-12 at 10:42 PM.
    Points Awarded:

crustyme gave Shaudius 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

When you have a silver spoon in your mouth, and never worked for what you have, everything you do is ok..

Imagine if this story was about Obama, they could be calling him a thug, criminal, etc..

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Imagine if this story was about Obama, they could be calling him a thug, criminal, etc..
    wrong. we wouldn't have made a thread like this and very few would have bothered to comment on this non story. Liberals are different when it comes to things like this. Fact: Liberals are much more hateful and petty. If you need proof you can just look at similar threads like this which are almost always started by the same characters.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    When you have a silver spoon in your mouth, and never worked for what you have, everything you do is ok..

Wrong my friend, Obama shoved a girl to the ground, did excessive amounts of cocaine and other drugs in high school and drank heavily...but he was given a pass.

This story is simple people..its adding to the media's narrative that Romney picks on the weak among us...doesn't care about the plight of the underlings.....I've heard that tied in twice on the pundits shows already.....so its clear what they are trying to do.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ACoochy

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Wrong my friend, Obama shoved a girl to the ground, did excessive amounts of cocaine and other drugs in high school and drank heavily...but he was given a pass.

This story is simple people..its adding to the media's narrative that Romney picks on the weak among us...doesn't care about the plight of the underlings.....I've heard that tied in twice on the pundits shows already.....so its clear what they are trying to do.
    They said on the news today that he dealt drugs in high school too, what a role model.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

for every romney story.. The neo cons pop out with 20 obama stories..

Ohhhh the hypocrisy

Shaudius

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    wrong. we wouldn't have made a thread like this and very few would have bothered to comment on this non story. Liberals are different when it comes to things like this. Fact: Liberals are much more hateful and petty. If you need proof you can just look at similar threads like this which are almost always started by the same characters.
    Cuz no purported conservative made a thread about Obama eating dogs which if this is a non-story that certainly is, oh wait,

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/politics-e...eats-dogs.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Shafted69

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

seriously, are you retarded?

you think a group of thugs tackling a kid and holding him down while romney holds a sharp weapon and cuts off his hair is an innocent horseplay.

if that werent idiotic enough, youve been bitching about obamas report cards for months but you think romney assaulting a child is the non-newsworthy item.

you are so wrapped up in your own little world. They way you write is how you think, and it shows that you can't see gray.

First 123456 ... Last