bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

putting rings aside.

kobe is still better than lebron and i love lebrons game.
    kobe is just an assassin.

rdunn51
    rdunn51's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is funny how again, people are quick to the draw with how he is the greatest in the league just because he poured in several 40 point outputs on games. But I don't think being able to score that high is the main metric as to how great a player is. It is not always about scoring high when other components have to be looked at like making the other players move so they could very well work as a team. But that output is really something to look at.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Good debate, even if we are going in circles. TBC later......gotta go to work.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4735

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Good debate, even if we are going in circles. TBC later......gotta go to work.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    keep them coming.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

good stuff... lets pick it up in 5 years and re-evaluate the situation haha

Reedeman
    Reedeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 495

It's all subjective! Just because he scores a ton of points doesnt necessarily mean he's a great player, it means hes taking a lot of shots; which, granted, is what he's there for. Kobe makes great shots but not great PLAYS, because as soon as he gets the ball he shoots it. Is he top 10, not yet. But he absolutely will be, as time only seems to make players reps better after they retire. there are a ton of great players who arent TOP TEN because they made plays instead of shots; stockton, olajuwon(quadruple double baby) russell, thomas, etc. Plus when you look at the playing field such as the 84-98 era where GREAT ball was being played with incredible defenders (robinson, olajuwon, barkley, malone, jordan) as compared to say late 70's or early 00's where it was a bit lackluster, you get too many variables that make the TOP TEN argument rather hard to back up. Stats are also troublesome, As for instance against the nuggets Stat wise lebron had a good game, but for someone watching it in entirety, he played like shit; making bad plays, dumb fouls, turnovers and missing easy shots. BUT HE SCORED 35 points. Add bad officiating into the mix, and this whole argument really becomes arbitrary

Reedeman

Plus everybody's talking about lebron and not derrick rose, who's making great plays; incredible passing game and making impossible drives to the basket CONSISTANTLY

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedeman View Post
    Plus everybody's talking about lebron and not derrick rose, who's making great plays; incredible passing game and making impossible drives to the basket CONSISTANTLY
    Rose is on his way to being the best player in the game. No doubt about it

Mug
    wud up mug!
    Mug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1406

kobe is unstoppable

dlunc3

If you could chose three players to start a team around today... They would have to be rose lebron and dwight

Reedeman

This is just me here, but i would switch lebron with durant

zsr

Agree..I'm a durant fan too just because he's like rose, only cares about winning, so I might take him over Lebron.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-16-12 at 01:08 AM.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    If you could chose three players to start a team around today... They would have to be rose lebron and dwight
    The thread was about THIS season..........not seasons to come.

If you could choose three players for the current season to start a team with.......it would be Kobe and take your pick (Bron, Howard, Wade, Rose, Durant, etc.) Like a poster above said........."Kobe is an assassin".

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    The thread was about THIS season.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

If you could choose three players for the current season to start a team with.......it would be Kobe and take your pick (Bron, Howard, Wade, Rose, Durant, etc.) Like a poster above said........."Kobe is an assassin".
    Thats why youre posting on a forum and not a GM for an NBA team.

Seriously, the guy is crippled basically even if he isnt playing like it right at this moment.

So youre going to take a 33 year old playing on 37 year old legs WITH a bad wrist, along with other issues over young healthy guys? Your avatar says all anyone needs to know.

I would take a half dozen guys over him for the whole season in no particular order...

Dirk
    Lebron
    Wade
    Durant
    Rose
    Griffen
    Paul
    Howard

I would also choose Bynum over Kobe if I had a guarantee Bynum would play 55 games.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post

Seriously, the guy is crippled basically even if he isnt playing like it right at this moment.

So youre going to take a 33 year old playing on 37 year old legs WITH a bad wrist, along with other issues over young healthy guys? Your avatar says all anyone needs to know.

I would take a half dozen guys over him for the whole season in no particular order...

Dirk
    Lebron
    Wade
    Durant
    Rose
    Griffen
    Paul
    Howard

I would also choose Bynum over Kobe if I had a guarantee Bynum would play 55 games.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Dirk
    Lebron
    Wade
    Durant
    Rose
    Griffen
    Paul
    Howard

That's the problem with you..........who are you to say what kind of shape Kobe's legs are in? Legs sure look good to me and to every coach/player he's faced this season (and the Lakers have played more games than any team in the league......short rest day in and day out).

You're so blinded by your jealousy of the PURPLE & GOLD that you're totally missing aspects of Kobe that separate him from the rest. HE'S GOT THE HEART OF A FUKKING LION and is a COLD BLOODED ASSASSIN! Not a single one of the names you've mentioned have both those attributes combined with Kobe's talent (even with his game changing with age).

Hate all you want, but the facts are.............
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-13-15 at 03:49 PM. Reason: image does not exist

darkhat

If basketball was one quarter with no shot clock, kobe would just win every game 2-0 at the buzzer. Clutch.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    If basketball was one quarter with no shot clock, kobe would just win every game 2-0 at the buzzer. Clutch.
    Lol do you have any idea what Kobes game winning shot % is??? Menaing any shot in the last 30 seconds of the game that would end up being game winners?? Both of.you are obviously clueless homers... Look up that stat, then come back and apologize for being so clueless

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

14 games in people.

Yes he is hot, and was player of the "week" last week.

First week of the season, Lebron was averaging about 33 points a game through a four game stretch. No one came on saying he is the best player this season. Unless I missed the thread.

wantitall4moi

How many teams with winning records have the Lakers played this year? What is their record in those games? How many road games have they played? What is their record there? Kobe is playing against bad teams, he is also jacking up a ton of shots. Like I said we will see what happens when they start on this little stretch their on now.

If Kobe gets 45 tonight and Lakers lose by 5 or 6 that is a positive thing I guess? More than likely he gets 30-32 and they lose by DD. Then you'll really have something to cry about.

Lakers suck, so the only thing supposed Laker fans have as a positive is Kobe and this perceived awesome stretch he is on. You all have really short memories I guess, also forget that when Kobe scores too much Lakers dont do so well.

I said it before about Kobe he isnt going to let anyone be better than him on his own team, even though Gasol is much more efficient and Bynum is an obviously better option even with Bynums inability to hit free throws. But it has to be all kobe all the time.

Live it up I guess because if by some miracle they do make the play offs this year their an easy out and just that much worse next year. At least if they get into the lottery they have a shot to get something. Dont forget Bynum is maybe their best option going forward, assuming he can stay just a little bit healthy and grow up a little bit, he was gotten in the one time they had a lottery pick. If they go into that year with an 8 seed and no pick then what? How horrible would they be now?

I sort of hope they do squeak into the play offs, I dont mind being 'wrong' claiming theyre a lottery team. Because honestly if they do make the play offs that is going to kill them in terms of their future. But the miracle laker years are long gone, we will see them in a funk worse than when Magic left. NBA doesnt care Clippers have a team that will last at least 5 or 6 years as is. Not withstanding how many guys will be willing to come their to play with Jordan, Griffen, and Paul.

Like I say live it up on this kobe stretch its going to be just about the only thing laker fans will have to cheer about for the foreseeable future.

darkhat

Lol do you have any idea what Kobes game winning shot % is??? Menaing any shot in the last 30 seconds of the game that would end up being game winners?? Both of.you are obviously clueless homers... Look up that stat, then come back and apologize for being so clueless
    I obv was making an exaggerated joke, but there's some validity to it. Nobody closes games like Kobe. He hits big shots when it matters.

dlunc3

if your team is down by 1 in the playoffs, with the ball with 24 seconds left on the clock, lebron james is the guy you want to have the ball, NOT KOBE BRYANT

wantitall4moi

kobes game winning shot percentage sucks. He misses way more than he makes. It is just the gamblers mentality of people where they forget the misses and only remember the makes. The irony is its his horrible play that requires a game winning shot anyway rather than an easy Lakers win.

dlunc3

kobes game winning shot percentage sucks. He misses way more than he makes. It is just the gamblers mentality of people where they forget the misses and only remember the makes. The irony is its his horrible play that requires a game winning shot anyway rather than an easy Lakers win.
    thank you for finally someone else having a sense of reality around here

darkhat

if your team is down by 1 in the playoffs, with the ball with 24 seconds left on the clock, lebron james is the guy you want to have the ball, NOT KOBE BRYANT
    hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahhahh a

dlunc3

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahhahh a
    why is that funny?

darkhat

why is that funny?
    I must of been on acid because I might not of read it right..No coach in their right mind would ever ask Lebron to close a game before Kobe. They'd rather have Luke Walton close a game before Lebron.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

They'd rather have Luke Walton close a game before Lebron.
    Yep, your on Acid.

darkhat

Yep, your on Acid.
    I heard Luke asked Lebron to let him borrow $1.00 but he only gave me $0.75 cents. When he asked about the rest, Lebron said he didn't have a 4th quarter.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I heard Luke asked Lebron to let him borrow $1.00 but he only gave me $0.75 cents. When he asked about the rest, Lebron said he didn't have a 4th quarter.
    Booooo!

Old joke.

dlunc3

I must of been on acid because I might not of read it right..No coach in their right mind would ever ask Lebron to close a game before Kobe. They'd rather have Luke Walton close a game before Lebron.
    do you just make things up??

Here you go buddy... cant wait to hear your response..

Kobe Bryant career post season shots with 24 seconds left on the shot:

1996 Utah Jazz Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot with 4 seconds left.
    1999 San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot at the end of regulation
    2000 Phoenix Suns Game 2 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot with 2 seconds left
    2001 Philidephia 76ers Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 20 seconds left.
    2002 San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot at regulation
    2002 San Antonio Spurs Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot with 5 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 4 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 4 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 8 seconds left
    2002 Sacramento Kings Game 7 Miss Bryant misses a game winning tip shot with 8 seconds left
    2003 Minnesota Timberwolves Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot in OT with 13 seconds left.
    2003 Minnesota Timberwolves Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game tying shot in OT with 2 seconds left
    2003 San Antonio Spurs Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 13 seconds left.
    2004 Houston Rockets Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 17 seconds left.
    2004 Houston Rockets Game 4 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 3 seconds left.
    2004 San Antonio Spurs Game 5 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot attempt with 12 seconds left.
    2004 Detroit Pistons Game 1 Make Bryant makes a game tying shot with 2 seconds left.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game tying shot with 4 seconds left.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 4 Make Bryant makes a game winning shot in OT with 6 seconds left.
    2006 Phoenix Suns Game 6 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 6 seconds left.
    2008 San Antonio Spurs Game 5 Make Bryant makes the game winning shot with 23 seconds left.
    2009 Utah Jazz Game 3 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 2 seconds left.
    2009 Orlando Magic Game 2 Miss Bryant has his game winning shot blocked with 8 sec left.
    2010 Oklahoma City Thunder Game 6 Miss Bryant misses game winning shot with .5 seconds left.
    2010 Phoenix Suns Game 5 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot with 3 seconds left.
    2011 Dallas Mavericks Game 1 Miss Bryant misses a game winning shot at the end of regulation

The end result: During his 15 year career, Kobe Bryant is 7/25 or 28%:

Now lets look at Lebron James "who apparently the lakers would rather have luke walton take the shot"

2006 Washington Wizards Game 3 Make James makes a game winning shot with 5 seconds left
    2006 Washington Wizards Game 5 Miss James misses a game winning shot at the end of regulation
    2006 Washington Wizards Game 5 Make James makes a game winning shot with 3 seconds left in OT
    2007 Detroit Pistons Game 2 Miss James misses a game winning shot with 7 seconds left
    2007 Detroit Pistons Game 5 Make James makes a game tying shot with 9 seconds left
    2007 Detroit Pistons Game 5 Make James makes a game winning shot with 2 seconds left
    2007 San Antonio Spurs Game 3 Miss James misses a game tying 3-point shot with 1 second left
    2008 Washington Wizards Game 5 Miss James misses a game winning shot at the end of regulation
    2008 Boston Celtics Game 1 Miss James misses a game tying shot with 9 seconds left
    2009 Orlando Magic Game 2 Make James makes a game winning shot at the end of regulation
    2009 Orlando Magic Game 4 Miss James misses a game winning shot at the end of regulation
    2011 Philadelphia 76ers Game 4 Miss James misses a game tying shot with 3 seconds left on the clock

The end result: During his 8 year career, Lebron James is 5/12 or 47% (or in other words, ONLY 2 LESS MAKES THEN KOBE IN 13 LESS ATTEMPTS!)

I doubt we will see you in this thread again..

darkhat

Booooo!

Old joke.

Very, but still rings true.. minus the rings.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Very, but still rings true.. minus the rings.
    Just in the Finals though.

So don't ask for change during that time.

First ... 2345678 ... Last