dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    This is exactly what bugs me about LeBron. This is what I've been hearing for 9 years

He's ONLY 19
    He's ONLY 20
    He's ONLY 21
    He's ONLY 22
    He's ONLY 23
    He's ONLY 24
    He's ONLY 25
    He's ONLY 26
    He's ONLY 27

Bla bla bla......& next yr it will be He's ONLY 28.....You want to be conpared to Jordan or even Kobe for that matter @ some point you have to accomplish something. If leBron goes on to accomplish what Jordan does I will loosen UP on him until then it's a joke & an embarrassment to the game to constantly hear people talk as if he's the best.

were you saying the same things about jordan when he was 27?

what 27 year old has ever done as much in this league as lebron has, esp with his garbage team?

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Pau is a legitimate supporting cast member. He's not that good.. D Wade is not "support," he is "I'm essentially a top 4 player in the NBA and can probably win a title without lebrick." And then there's bosh.
    as was pippen as was shaq, just like wade... whats your point?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

Was I watching a different Celtics and Bulls series last season in the Playoffs? Yes, he had a bad Finals, but he has scored and won when the game was on the line. Why not get on Wade's case for not stepping up in the Bulls series? No, people just love to hate on Lebron. No matter what he does, it is the wrong thing.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    in the 1993–94 season, the Jordan-less Bulls notched a 55–27 record

the following year, when jordan returned, they only won the 47 games that you speak of
    Gotcha...

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

as was pippen as was shaq, just like wade... whats your point?
    Obv we won't agree, but at least Kobe carried the lakers to the finals 3 years in a row, winning two, with just that dumb Spaniard.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Was I watching a different Celtics and Bulls series last season in the Playoffs? Yes, he had a bad Finals, but he has scored and won when the game was on the line. Why not get on Wade's case for not stepping up in the Bulls series? No, people just love to hate on Lebron. No matter what he does, it is the wrong thing.
    he is the best player on that team.. and wants to be known as the best player on the planet.. so he deserves the criticism... but for those critics to not think that at only 27, that he wont come back with vengeance and win at least a few titles, are blind to how good this guy is

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Obv we won't agree, but at least Kobe carried the lakers to the finals 3 years in a row, winning two, with just that dumb Spaniard.
    and lebron may do the same... we wont know for a while... but what we do know is that without that spaniard, the lakers sucked... with a 19 win cleveland team, lebron was winning 60 games

upscope

were you saying the same things about jordan when he was 27?

what 27 year old has ever done as much in this league as lebron has, esp with his garbage team?
    People weren't comparing Jordan to games greats when he was 27. It wasn't till he actually accomplished something before be was compared to the games all-time greats. There's a reason for that. Championships define greatness.

Jordan's teams before he started winning championships were FAR inferior to anything LeBron has had the last 4 seasons.

upscope

Kobe

dlunc3

we are both wrong here then... i am wrong for assuming lebron will be an all time great someday.. and you are wrong for hating on a guy at such a young age esp with all he has already accomplish..

now... I wouldnt mind a nice high scoring game in SA tonight, and also a win by Drake, to help out with my balt/gb lost teaser

darkhat

he is the best player on that team.. and wants to be known as the best player on the planet.. so he deserves the criticism... but for those critics to not think that at only 27, that he wont come back with vengeance and win at least a few titles, are blind to how good this guy is
    I agree there's obv a good chance he will jump on DWs back and possibly get a few rings. He tried last year, but wade can only do so much sometimes to win him his ring.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course it's because people try to compare him to the greats when he hasn't earned that comparison. everyone knows wade will never be close to top 10 all time..of course "the decision" didn't help.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-15-12 at 07:48 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

This thread has gotten out of hand since this morning.

darkhat

This thread has gotten out of hand since this morning.
    there was an explosion once the giants/pack ended.

dlunc3

Kobe
    FALSE

at 27, kobe had yet to win a championship without shaq, had never been a league mvp, was not able to carry his team without shaq (before pau), and stats couldnt compare to lebrons

zsr

These threads always spiral off topic.

Let's leave it at, Lebron has ALOT to prove if he wants to be top 10.

Kobe is playing great basketball right now.

upscope

and lebron may do the same... we wont know for a while... but what we do know is that without that spaniard, the lakers sucked... with a 19 win cleveland team, lebron was winning 60 games
    I hope you're not actually naive enough to believe this?? Because @ one point the Caves were over .500 until Jamison, M. Williams & Varejao went down for the season. They were doing just fine post-leBron till they were ravaged by injuries. At one point they had a starting line-UP of:

pg - M. Harris
    sg - A. Parker
    c - C. Eyenga
    sf - A. Gee
    pf - S. Samuels

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    everyone knows wade will never be close to top 10 all time
    Funny. Lots of Lebron haters seem to believe Wade is the best player on the Heat.

But ZSR, your just blinded like most at what happen in the Finals. Lebron has scored and won in games that matter. We can scratch the regular season games, but he has closed out Playoff games. Don't all Playoff games matter?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

These threads always spiral off topic.

Let's leave it at, Lebron has ALOT to prove if he wants to be top 10.

Kobe is playing great basketball right now.
    Kobe and Lebron are playing great basketball right now.

upscope

FALSE

at 27, kobe had yet to win a championship without shaq, had never been a league mvp, was not able to carry his team without shaq (before pau), and stats couldnt compare to lebrons
    Kobe had 3 rings by age 27. You can discredit them all you want. But by the age of 27 people knew Kobe was on the path to greatness & he had a resume to back it UP. Kobe is the youngest to pass multiple scoring milestones. By the age of 27 he had accomplished arguably as much as anybody in the history of the game.

upscope

zsr

Funny. Lots of Lebron haters seem to believe Wade is the best player on the Heat.

But ZSR, your just blinded like most at what happen in the Finals. Lebron has scored and won in games that matter. We can scratch the regular season games, but he has closed out Playoff games. Don't all Playoff games matter?
    The finals were an embarrassment to his career. He played well against Boston and Chicago, but doesn't what happened in the finals cancel that out?
    Last edited by zsr; 01-15-12 at 08:05 PM.

zsr

We can agree there

dlunc3

I hope you're not actually naive enough to believe this?? Because @ one point the Caves were over .500 until Jamison, M. Williams & Varejao went down for the season. They were doing just fine post-leBron till they were ravaged by injuries. At one point they had a starting line-UP of:

pg - M. Harris
    sg - A. Parker
    c - C. Eyenga
    sf - A. Gee
    pf - S. Samuels
    yea they were 4-3 with wins vs nj and wash... that was the end of any above .500 talk... either way, they obviously were nowhere near the 55 win bulls team that jordan got to play with.

upscope

we are both wrong here then... i am wrong for assuming lebron will be an all time great someday.. and you are wrong for hating on a guy at such a young age esp with all he has already accomplish..

now... I wouldnt mind a nice high scoring game in SA tonight, and also a win by Drake, to help out with my balt/gb lost teaser
    I believe LeBron will be an all-time great as well but to already consider him that as many people do eventhough he as more epic fails to his credit than imaginable is absurd. And that's what makes me hate on him so bad.

dlunc3

Kobe had 3 rings by age 27. You can discredit them all you want. But by the age of 27 people knew Kobe was on the path to greatness & he had a resume to back it UP. Kobe is the youngest to pass multiple scoring milestones. By the age of 27 he had accomplished arguably as much as anybody in the history of the game.
    other then rings, lebron has kobe smashed in every category by age 27. Give lebron shaq in his prime, pretty sure we would be looking at 3, probably 4 or 5 rings bc lebron wouldnt be the selfish dick to run him out of town needing to be the man

upscope

yea they were 4-3 with wins vs nj and wash... that was the end of any above .500 talk... either way, they obviously were nowhere near the 55 win bulls team that jordan got to play with.
    I didn't say anything about a Jordan/Pippen led Bulls team. You tried to claim that LeBron's Cav supporting cast was a 19 win team. If you honestly believe that you are naive As his entire supporting cast was out the door right behind him.

dlunc3

I believe LeBron will be an all-time great as well but to already consider him that as many people do eventhough he as more epic fails to his credit than imaginable is absurd. And that's what makes me hate on him so bad.
    I dont already consider him that... if he fell off and his career abruptly ended, or even goes on to be a paul peirce type player the rest of his career, no chance he is an all time great...

all i can say though, is that is has done more, and is the best 27 year old player this league has ever seen... it is up to him how the 2nd half of his career goes.. it will be fun to see

upscope

other then rings, lebron has kobe smashed in every category by age 27. Give lebron shaq in his prime, pretty sure we would be looking at 3, probably 4 or 5 rings bc lebron wouldnt be the selfish dick to run him out of town needing to be the man
    LeBron got a considerable head start. We gave leBron better than Shaq. We gave him WADE & BOSH. Result......FAIL!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

The finals were an embarrassment to his career. He played well against Boston and Chicago, but doesn't what happened in the finals cancel that out?
    It hurts, yes, but we can't go around saying he can't close out games that matter. Because he has done it.

We can agree there

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

comments like this are such garbage... were you saying the same thing about jordan before he won his first title???

Lebron is still younger then jordan was when he won his first ring... if 6 years from now he is still the same guy, then fine... but the kid is still young and has a huge career ahead of him
    Dont you get it. It doesn't matter how young Lebron is, in his prime years he chose to attach his wagon to DDDDDwayne Wades hip. Its over for him. He will never establish the kind of legacy his dickriders were hoping for.

demens
    Square -910

And I will continue to rag on them... esp the niners.... that "amazing" d allowed 32 points and brees to pass for 4 tds... luckily the saints were careless with the ball all game. Any good team beats the saints by 20+ last night. Took a last minute td for them to even squeak out a win.

I will give some credit to the giants... though gb was also careless with the ball fumbling 3 times tonight, to go along with 7 drops... they did play well. The have come a long way... but there is no denying that they were a terrible football team most of the season. And you act like they crushed the eagles to the finish line.. pretty sure my statement held true... if vick didnt get hurt, the giants woulda missed the playoffs. If eagles won one more of the 5 games vick was injured for, they made the playoffs at 9-7.. They finished the season hotter then the giants, even beating the giants in ny with vince young either way, giants got hot as well, and snuck into the playoffs over the eagles by one game. I hope they go on to win it all though, and represent the nfc east. Anyone that thinks SF and NYG are the best teams in the nfc are sadly mistaken.. but, unfortunately football is one and done in the playoffs, and as we all know, anything can happen during that one game. So congrats to all the gmen and niners fans
    GTFO crying about injuries and talking crap about the Giants would have not made the play-offs. pffff

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

That is all media fed. ESPN mostly. They switch up on stuff from day to day. That is why it makes me sick to watch ESPN most the time. During the NFL season, I was mostly on NFL network, because it was a change of pace.

demens
    Square -910

weird cause pippen said lebron was better then jordan

why is it ok for jordan to win with pippen and rodman, and kobe to win it with shaq, as the 2nd best player on his team, or with pau... but lebron cant have a supporting cast?
    Its not weird at all. Pippen = Lebron.

dlunc3

LeBron got a considerable head start. We gave leBron better than Shaq. We gave him WADE & BOSH. Result......FAIL!!
    ill have to disagree... shaq in his prime along with the rest of that laker team, was better then lebrons team in miami

First 1234567 ... Last