Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    If God is really just a being from another planet, this could be possible
    That is what some people are starting to say. They see evidence of design, but refuse to give credit to God. They say we were designed, but our design was by other highly evolved creatures that are smarter than us, but that did not have a creator.

Nonsense. It's laughable, really. The obvious is staring these "scientists" right in the face, but they will do anything to try to explain away the existence of God.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    The first forms of life were single-celled orgamisms not apes or frogs. No sexual intercourse and no parents either.

It may appear absurd that the 'chemicals' were arranged in such a way to produce such a thing but it is not impossible. It is the same principle as taking a taking several trillion monkeys and giving them a keyboard to enter random keystrokes. One of them WILL produce a readable novel, in English and with correct punctuation.
    Yeah, well then who designed sex? And how did reproduction occur before sex was created? And who threw in orgasm just for fun?

Albert Pujols

The first forms of life were single-celled orgamisms not apes or frogs. No sexual intercourse and no parents either.

It may appear absurd that the 'chemicals' were arranged in such a way to produce such a thing but it is not impossible. It is the same principle as taking a taking several trillion monkeys and giving them a keyboard to enter random keystrokes. One of them WILL produce a readable novel, in English and with correct punctuation.
    You have infinitely more faith than any creatonist in the history of the world. You take faith to a new level.

Albert Pujols

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Is this the "SBR Store suggestions" thread? I may have clicked on the wrong thread. Anyway... I'd like to see this shirt in the SBR Store:
    Science doesn't say there is no God. Scientists that have made up their mind that there isn't a God, say that. There isn't any amount of evidence that could convince them they are wrong. And at the end of the day, what do people like Richard Dawkins say about how we got here? They say we have no idea. They "have all the answers" but it comes down to chemicals just formed and evolved and we don't know why they acted so intelligently. And then they laugh at anyone that looks at the evidence and says there is an intelligent designer.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

it has to be something there

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Yeah, well then who designed sex? And how did reproduction occur before sex was created? And who threw in orgasm just for fun?
    You have infinitely more faith than any creatonist in the history of the world. You take faith to a new level.
    Why does there have to be a who?

Religious leaders found the idea of evolution repugnant for centuries. Only when faced with overwhelming evidence of it did the idea of intelligent design pop up.

I would have thought from my earlier contributions to this thread that it is clear to me that there are far more questions than answers right now about the origin not only of life on this planet but the cosmos as a whole. I think the idea of an intelligence (Prime mover, God, Supreme Being) being behind it is just as plausible as any of the alternative theories.

With that said, I would take a great deal of convincing that a 3,000+ year old book (referring to Genesis) most of which is patently false, holds any of the answers.

Do you believe that God made the world in seven days and that Adam and Eve were the first humans?

Albert Pujols

Why does there have to be a who?

Religious leaders found the idea of evolution repugnant for centuries. Only when faced with overwhelming evidence of it did the idea of intelligent design pop up.

I would have thought from my earlier contributions to this thread that it is clear to me that there are far more questions than answers right now about the origin not only of life on this planet but the cosmos as a whole. I think the idea of an intelligence (Prime mover, God, Supreme Being) being behind it is just as plausible as any of the alternative theories.

With that said, I would take a great deal of convincing that a 3,000+ year old book (referring to Genesis) most of which is patently false, holds any of the answers.

Do you believe that God made the world in seven days and that Adam and Eve were the first humans?
    I believe God created adult humans and they reproduced. I don't think I believe in a 7 day creation.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

I believe God created adult humans and they reproduced. I don't think I believe in a 7 day creation.
    That must be a struggle for you though, right? The idea that there were dinosaurs and all sorts of stuff scurrying around long before the time of mankind would directly contradict what is written in the Old Testament.

Macroevolution (the mutation of one species to another) is difficult to deny. Just look at Australia and all the species that are unique to that island despite it once connected to a greater landmass.

Just those two issues are enough to suggest (to me) that on balance of probability, humans evolved from another species.

TR88

That must be a struggle for you though, right? The idea that there were dinosaurs and all sorts of stuff scurrying around long before the time of mankind would directly contradict what is written in the Old Testament.

Macroevolution (the mutation of one species to another) is difficult to deny. Just look at Australia and all the species that are unique to that island despite it once connected to a greater landmass.

Just those two issues are enough to suggest (to me) that on balance of probability, humans evolved from another species.

lots of theories out there
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-20-14 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

The belief in a Creator, something supernatural and much bigger than this world, is the only belief that makes a bit of sense. It doesn't provide all the answers, but the existence of God is obvious.
    So what makes you right, and the Egyptians wrong? What makes you right, and the Greeks wrong? What makes you right, and the Mayans wrong? What makes you right, and the Incans wrong? Shall I go on and on? Every single human civilization has believed in some form of Deity. So, what makes you right, and ALLLLLL the others wrong?

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    So what makes you right, and the Egyptians wrong? What makes you right, and the Greeks wrong? What makes you right, and the Mayans wrong? What makes you right, and the Incans wrong? Shall I go on and on? Every single human civilization has believed in some form of Deity. So, what makes you right, and ALLLLLL the others wrong?
    I don't understand man ?

Everyone is right, just have different names for it

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    Dude that is not a 'theory' that is dogma.

Did you actually read that? There were dinosaurs on the Ark 6,000 years ago?
    The evidence against such an argument is so abundant and so overwhelming it's not even funny.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I don't understand man ?

You don't really believe this, do you?

Every religion has different rules to have a successful afterlife. You have religions that worship the Sun, the Moon, multiple Gods, God/Jesus, Allah, etc. Each religion says that their way is the correct path to their God and to their version of the afterlife.

So again, what makes one right, and all the rest wrong?

TR88

You don't really believe this, do you?

Every religion has different rules to have a successful afterlife. You have religions that worship the Sun, the Moon, multiple Gods, God/Jesus, Allah, etc. Each religion says that their way is the correct path to their God and to their version of the afterlife.

So again, what makes one right, and all the rest wrong?
    Christianity and Buddhism seems like realistic choices

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

The only one thing we know for sure is that EVERYONE IS NOT RIGHT. This would be impossible. This would be like saying... which statement is correct A. 2+2=5 B. 2+2=6 C. 2+2=7 D. 2+2=8 E. All of the above are correct.

The thing that amazes me the most is people ALMOST ALWAYS think the version that they were first taught is the correct version. Out of the 1000's of different religions... What are the odds that the version you were first taught is the correct version? Slim to none. What are the chances that they are all wrong? Extremely high.

TR88

The only one thing we know for sure is that EVERYONE IS NOT RIGHT. This would be impossible. This would be like saying... which statement is correct A. 2+2=5 B. 2+2=6 C. 2+2=7 D. 2+2=8 E. All of the above are correct.

The thing that amazes me the most is people ALMOST ALWAYS think the version that they were first taught is the correct version. Out of the 1000's of different religions... What are the odds that the version you were first taught is the correct version? Slim to none. What are the chances that they are all wrong? Extremely high.
    There are physical evidences that Jesus existed once upon a time

TR88

Also every religion could be in some way mixed together less or more,but we as humans can't know for sure

Saint Josaphat- Christianized version of the story of Siddhartha Gautama, who became the Buddha
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

Albert Pujols

I believe I'm right but I'm not sure all the time. I'm 100% sure there is a God.

JohnGalt2341

I think there's much more evidence that he didn't exist.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Heaven or Hell.... make your choice now before you are too late

Anyone saying there is no God or Creator really needs to stop and think for a minute. As you sit there at your computer typing, take a second and put your hand in front of your face and move your fingers back and forth. The design of something as simple as just your hand is enough of to dispute any argument against an Almighty Creator.

Albert Pujols

A lot of stuff in Genesis is hard to accept but that is one of the lesser ones for me. Many interpretations of the 7 day creation. I think a day is just a period of time.

JohnGalt2341

I believe I'm right but I'm not sure all the time. I'm 100% sure there is a God.
    I can't say that I'm 100% positive that there is no God... but what I am 100% sure of is... If I was God I could do a MUCH MUCH MUCH better job than our current "God" is doing. Any God that allows an infant to burn to death in a fire is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to starve to death is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to get physically abused is a sick bastard. It seems to me that our current "God" allows all of these things on a daily basis. By the way... check out my thread... "If you were god for a day" found here: If you think you could do better than God(I'm 100% positive that I could by the way) add your comment and you might earn yourself 50 betpoints.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

If there was a Jesus what would that prove?

There is more evidence that the Prophet Mohammed (PBOH) existed.
    We know that Joseph Smith was a real person.
    We know that David Koresh and Shoko Ashara were real people.
    Although not strictly religious figures Kim Il Sung and Kim Jung Il are also not myths.

Successfully convincing large numbers of people that a given message is the only truth is hardly unique to Jesus.

dlunc3

I can't say that I'm 100% positive that there is no God... but what I am 100% sure of is... If I was God I could do a MUCH MUCH MUCH better job than our current "God" is doing. Any God that allows an infant to burn to death in a fire is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to starve to death is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to get physically abused is a sick bastard. It seems to me that our current "God" allows all of these things on a daily basis. By the way... check out my thread... "If you were god for a day" found here: If you think you could do better than God(I'm 100% positive that I could by the way) add your comment and you might earn yourself 50 betpoints.
    In simple terms.. God created the world perfect. Though He created man in his own image, God also gave man the opportunity to make decisions. This perfect world was ruined back when Eve chose to bring sin upon the world. The consequences of sin on mankind are evident everywhere, such as the examples you listed. No need to really get into a huge debate here, but some of the nonsense I am reading is just unbelievable. Use your brains guys.

Albert Pujols

I can't say that I'm 100% positive that there is no God... but what I am 100% sure of is... If I was God I could do a MUCH MUCH MUCH better job than our current "God" is doing. Any God that allows an infant to burn to death in a fire is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to starve to death is a sick bastard. Any God that allows an infant to get physically abused is a sick bastard. It seems to me that our current "God" allows all of these things on a daily basis. By the way... check out my thread... "If you were god for a day" found here:If you think you could do better than God(I'm 100% positive that I could by the way) add your comment and you might earn yourself 50 betpoints.
    I'm a little dot and God created the solar systems. I'll leave God's job to God. Everyone has asked your questions though.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Heaven or Hell.... make your choice now before you are too late Anyone saying there is no God or Creator really needs to stop and think for a minute. As you sit there at your computer typing, take a second and put your hand in front of your face and move your fingers back and forth. The design of something as simple as just your hand is enough of to dispute any argument against an Almighty Creator.
    To me this is what God is like... Let's say your brother whom you are very close to is accused of murdering a young woman. And let's say... Albert's brother whom he is very close to is also accused of murdering the same young woman. In all likelihood you are going to think that Albert's brother is guilty and Albert is going to think that your brother is guilty. Let's say I'm a member of the Jury. I don't give a rats ass who is guilty I just want to find out the truth. How fair would it be if I only listened to one Prosecutor and not the other? My experience has been that most people of faith don't want to hear the other argument. They are perfectly happy with their belief even it's 100% incorrect. If this makes you happy then so be it... but is it the truth? Doubtful.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Successfully convincing large numbers of people that a given message is the only truth is hardly unique to Jesus.
    ............ and below is an example of the methods used to 'convince' people to believe in a given message.

JohnGalt2341

In simple terms.. God created the world perfect.
    This is highly debatable. Watch this video... it's satire but it makes some extremely good points.

dlunc3

To me this is what God is like... Let's say your brother whom you are very close to is accused of murdering a young woman. And let's say... Albert's brother whom he is very close to is also accused of murdering the same young woman. In all likelihood you are going to think that Albert's brother is guilty and Albert is going to think that your brother is guilty. Let's say I'm a member of the Jury. I don't give a rats ass who is guilty I just want to find out the truth. How fair would it be if I only listened to one Prosecutor and not the other? My experience has been that most people of faith don't want to hear the other argument. They are perfectly happy with their belief even it's 100% incorrect. If this makes you happy then so be it... but is it the truth? Doubtful.
    I am not saying which religious belief is right or which is false... but to think something as amazing as the human brain was just developed out of thin air is just absurd no matter who you are. That complex/perfect creation, if nothing else, ist proof that there is an almighty creator

JohnGalt2341

No need to really get into a huge debate here, but some of the nonsense I am reading is just unbelievable. Use your brains guys.
    I AM using my brain. This is why I don't believe in Virgin Birth and Talking Snakes. If you read the Bible for the very first time as an adult you would find it laughable like I do. Let's consider this... one of us believes in Virgin Births and Talking Snakes... one of us does not. Which one of us is using our brain?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Anyone saying there is no God or Creator really needs to stop and think for a minute. As you sit there at your computer typing, take a second and put your hand in front of your face and move your fingers back and forth. The design of something as simple as just your hand is enough of to dispute any argument against an Almighty Creator.
    Do you believe there were Homo Erectus or Neanderthals?
    If so, were they human?

TR88

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
    ― Mark Twain

nice quote

TR88

science and all that is cool, but I do not understand Atheists....

If they believe in nothing why do they even live ? Just to eat,drink and die at the end ? Make no sense.

barza01
    barza01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

This whole debate about whether there's a god or not is pointless...none of your arguments either way is going to change the minds of people who oppose your position. It basically boils down to whatever you want to believe that will float your boat. I will say that whatever questions scientists cannot answer, religion is no better in answering either. At least with science they test hypotheses before making any definitive statements. What does religion base their "truths" on? A book written 2000 years ago?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

science and all that is cool, but I do not understand Atheists....

If they believe in nothing why do they even live ? Just to eat,drink and die at the end ? Make no sense.
    On the contrary. If you believe that the 70, 80 or 90 years on this planet is all you have then there is all the more reason to make the most of it, no?

First ... 345678 Last