Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by lifemagnetic View Post
    Why is there ANYTHING - think about that one....

That's what fuks me up. The idea of God is absurd. The idea of no God -that everything popped into existence out of nothing, is absurd. If the universe will grow cold, or stop expanding and collapse in on iteslf...What the fuk was the point of it all?

And to whoever said we aren't capable of understanding, I agree. It's hard for the human brain to comprehend length of time and long distances and speed.

Like if you hear 9 times faster than a speeding bullet compared to 18 times faster than a speeding bullet

Or 300 million lightyears compared to 700 million light years.

If it's hard to wrap our minds around shit like that how are we ever going to understand the true nature of life?

I'm rambling, this shit bugs me out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TR88

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by lifemagnetic View Post
    I will also add that I do not believe we are intelligent enough (as humans) to actually figure this out. Why is there ANYTHING - think about that one....
    If there wasn't anything, then why would there be nothing?
    What is nothing? Could there actually be nothing?

Quantum particles do appear from 'nothing' in the fabric of our space and time, would that happen if that fabric did not exist?

barza01
    barza01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

No "God" created anything or anybody...it just so happens that our planet is the right distance from the sun to let nature and chemistry do it's magic. I hear people asking why us? Why are we the only planet with advanced life? The answer is it's not just us, there's tens of thousands of other planets in the Goldilocks Zone that is teaming with life...we don't have the technology yet to reach out to any of them. As for what happens to us after we die? We are all a form of energy, and according to Einstein:
    E = M C ^2, energy is equal to mass x constant and we know energy can never be created or destroyed, but just simply recycled. Perhaps that link someone posted earlier in this thread about reincarnation has some merit to it.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by barza01 View Post
    No "God" created anything or anybody...it just so happens that our planet is the right distance from the sun to let nature and chemistry do it's magic. I hear people asking why us? Why are we the only planet with advanced life? The answer is it's not just us, there's tens of thousands of other planets in the Goldilocks Zone that is teaming with life...we don't have the technology yet to reach out to any of them. As for what happens to us after we die? We are all a form of energy, and according to Einstein:
    E = M C ^2, energy is equal to mass x constant and we know energy can never be created or destroyed, but just simply recycled. Perhaps that link someone posted earlier in this thread about reincarnation has some merit to it.
    Really? Can you show me one, or give me it's name?

Based on the fact that there are a hundred billion galaxies which on average have hundreds of billions of stars, it is almost inconceivable that we are the only advanced form of life but we did not witness the amino-acids and various hydrocarbons form cells for the first time on this planet and as such we cannot be sure just how likely or unlikely a process that actually is.

barza01

WTF are you talking about? Show you what?

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Really? Can you show me one, or give me it's name?

Based on the fact that there are a hundred billion galaxies which on average have hundreds of billions of stars, it is almost inconceivable that we are the only advanced form of life but we did not witness the amino-acids and various hydrocarbons form cells for the first time on this planet and as such we cannot be sure just how likely or unlikely a process that actually is.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by barza01 View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Show you what?
    The part of your post that I bolded:

Can you show me, or give me the name of one of these "tens of thousands of planets in the Goldilocks zone that are teaming with life"?

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3811

Is this the "SBR Store suggestions" thread? I may have clicked on the wrong thread. Anyway... I'd like to see this shirt in the SBR Store:

barza01

You'd be foolish to think that with all the billions of stars and millions of planets orbiting those stars in the universe that we're the only ones teaming with life. What? you're not going to believe me just because scientists can't pinpoint an exact planet that has life on it? We don't have the technology for that type of stuff yet...just gotta give it time.
    Last edited by barza01; 12-28-11 at 10:37 PM.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    Sounds perfect...unlimited crown on the rocks n cigars...never get too hammered n your breathe always remains fresh...n a nice bankroll to start....Peter is a loan shark n Paul is your local

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

[QUOTE=barza01;12973389]You'd be foolish to think that with all the billions of stars and millions of planets orbiting those stars in the universe that we're the only ones teaming with life. What? you're not going to believe me just because scientists can't pinpoint an exact planet that has life on it? We don't have the technology for that type of stuff yet...just gotta give it time.

Here's a very real possibility of an earth like planet that may have advanced forms of life. You can't rule it out because the planet has liquid water on it.

I don't think it, I think it is very likely that there are many other advanced civilisations but I don't think we are close to establishing it as anything like a certainty.

We don't really know what it takes for even primordial life to suddenly form. We similarly don't really know what level diversity would be needed for life to go beyond that stage to more complex "animals" to take form.

If you have a planet with liquid water, a suitable atmosphere and the 'right' basic chemical composition, what is the probability of life forming on that planet? Even the most eminent biologists have no clue.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think it, I think it is very likely that there are many other advanced civilisations but I don't think we are close to establishing it as anything like a certainty.

We don't really know what it takes for even primordial life to suddenly form. We similarly don't really know what level diversity would be needed for life to go beyond that stage to more complex "animals" to take form.

If you have a planet with liquid water, a suitable atmosphere and the 'right' basic chemical composition, what is the probability of life forming on that planet? Even the most eminent biologists have no clue.
    So where the people on this planet came from ?

Many questions,but no answers as of now...

JohnGalt2341

All I know is... and I'm not positive about this... but... I think Virgin Births and Talking Snakes are a myth. Just a theory of mine. It's unfortunate that I have this belief because if I run for President I will never win. What a shame.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

it has been proven there is life after death by doctors. They working on some real interesting stuff . This is my thing but I don't want to bore people with it.There is no doubt in my mind . I can't wait to see many people who thinkl they are not doing anything wrong.Just do your best and the most important message out of all is treat your neigbor with as much respect and love as you would want. I see many on this site with their ignorance towards others paying someday for rudeness and guys who think they are better.What a joke well you know who you are.There is no fire for 99 percent of us,but hell is real if you have murdered and raped ,or did the same with a child, its also reserved for the Hitlers of the world etc. but not for the average arse hole your punishment is you will never see the creator.If your interested p.m. me

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    So where the people on this planet came from ?

Many questions,but no answers as of now...
    I believe that we came from a long evolutionary process but believing that does not answer whether the likelihood of it occurring on another earth like planet is one in a thousand, one in a billion or one in a quintillion.

All the great scientific theories have more questions than answers right now. Based on what we actually know the universe we see should not even be able to exist. There isn't enough matter for galaxies be as they are so we 'invent' dark matter, cosmic expansion isn't occurring as it should so we 'invent' dark energy. We have no idea what these things really are! We think that there are another seven spacial dimensions that we are unable to perceive but aside from vague concepts involving super-strings or M-strings, we have no grasp of where these dimensions exist and what they contain.

Even things that we think we know are open to question. Is the speed of light an absolute upper limit?

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    it has been proven there is life after death by doctors.
    Please give me an example. Here is the example that I give. You die. You get buried. Worms eat you. A man goes fishing with one of the worms that ate you. He catches a fish. He eats that fish. He is now part of the person that died. I would love to hear your "proof".

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    I can't wait to see many people who thinkl they are not doing anything wrong.

Judging others huh? Sounds like you'll take enjoyment in the fact that others are being punished. That's kinda fukin twisted.

You need to learn to turn the other cheek, soon. You're gonna fuk around and never meet the creator if you don't. Might already be too late.

Leo Bello
    Leo Bello's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Where do we go after death.....

Obviously nobody knows for sure. But I heard a pundit put it pretty cleverly when asked, "Where do we go when we die?

"The exact same place we were before we were born."

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    That's what fuks me up. The idea of God is absurd. The idea of no God -that everything popped into existence out of nothing, is absurd. If the universe will grow cold, or stop expanding and collapse in on iteslf...What the fuk was the point of it all?

And to whoever said we aren't capable of understanding, I agree. It's hard for the human brain to comprehend length of time and long distances and speed.

Like if you hear 9 times faster than a speeding bullet compared to 18 times faster than a speeding bullet

Or 300 million lightyears compared to 700 million light years.

If it's hard to wrap our minds around shit like that how are we ever going to understand the true nature of life?

I'm rambling, this shit bugs me out.

When you didnt exist for 15 billion years before you were born did you stress out about not existing?

Youll simply return to that state you were in for 15 billion years previously, absolutely no worries, I suppose you could call that heaven in a way if you have worries now soon they will all be gone

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    All I know is... and I'm not positive about this... but... I think Virgin Births and Talking Snakes are a myth. Just a theory of mine. It's unfortunate that I have this belief because if I run for President I will never win. What a shame.
    If life can only come from sex, then how did the first life form? I mean, what age was the first being that evolved into a human being? Was it an adult or an infant? And if life just happened suddenly for no reason, why did it automatically come with a means to reproduce itself and create more life?

I'm a Christian. I can't prove my beliefs, but I've spent 15 years contemplating everything. I began with is there a God? I just couldn't find it possible that all this order and beauty just came from chemicals that formed and bonded together and evolved without a creator. Just way too much precision in what appears to me to be design. I'm not knocking those that can believe such a thing, and I have many friends that do. But atheism is not possible for me to buy.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20635

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    If life can only come from sex, then how did the first life form? I mean, what age was the first being that evolved into a human being? Was it an adult or an infant? And if life just happened suddenly for no reason, why did it automatically come with a means to reproduce itself and create more life?

I'm a Christian. I can't prove my beliefs, but I've spent 15 years contemplating everything. I began with is there a God? I just couldn't find it possible that all this order and beauty just came from chemicals that formed and bonded together and evolved without a creator. Just way too much precision in what appears to me to be design. I'm not knocking those that can believe such a thing, and I have many friends that do. But atheism is not possible for me to buy.
    Only problem with the "it can't have just evolved like this" theory is that the alternative is far more incredible.

TR88

Exactly!

Very good question, let's say one is atheist or someone that don't believe in a higher power how do you explain this ?

Let's say the first person on earth was born as an infant. How does that infant survive and grow up ?

Hareeba!

Exactly!

Very good question, let's say one is atheist or someone that don't believe in a higher power how do you explain this ?

Let's say the first person on earth was born as an infant. How does that infant survive and grow up ?
    oh dear!
    the old chicken or egg question

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    oh dear!
    Can you answer it ?

I cannot

Hareeba!

Can you answer it ?

I cannot
    Go read about evolution
    Darwin and co

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Its hard to wrap your mind around the idea of absolute nothingness.

The universe is basically a big open void that is filled with billions of planets and stars.

But what if there was just nothing?

Try to imagine an empty universe, with no objects, no Earth, no events having occurred. It's all just one big, empty, black, dark nothing where nothing exists.

Somehow, that's where we came from.

So, after we die, does the light just go out and that's it? Nothing?

Doesn't seem possible. We go somewhere. For me, that place is where I believe (Deep down) that I actually deserve to be.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

If life can only come from sex, then how did the first life form?]
    Parthenogenesis

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    oh dear!
    Last time I checked, they actually solved that one.

It's the egg.

Reason why is because it is genetically impossible for an animal (Bird) to give live-birth to an animal that has the ability to lay eggs.

Therefore, some type of bird laid an egg, and from out of that egg came a chicken.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Last time I checked, they actually solved that one.

It's the egg.

Reason why is because it is genetically impossible for an animal (Bird) to give live-birth to an animal that has the ability to lay eggs.

Therefore, some type of bird laid an egg, and from out of that egg came a chicken.
    LOL

and was it a hen or a rooster?

and what did it find to mate with and start the production of chicken eggs?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Its hard to wrap your mind around the idea of absolute nothingness.

The universe is basically a big open void that is filled with billions of planets and stars.

But what if there was just nothing?

Try to imagine an empty universe, with no objects, no Earth, no events having occurred. It's all just one big, empty, black, dark nothing where nothing exists.

Somehow, that's where we came from.

So, after we die, does the light just go out and that's it? Nothing?

Doesn't seem possible. We go somewhere. For me, that place is where I believe (Deep down) that I actually deserve to be.
    It gets even weirder when you factor time into the equation. With no matter/energy the temperature of the universe is absolute zero and at absolute zero time essentially does not exist. Nothing happens, nothing can happen and it just keeps on not happening.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

It gets even weirder when you factor time into the equation. With no matter/energy the temperature of the universe is absolute zero and at absolute zero time essentially does not exist. Nothing happens, nothing can happen and it just keeps on not happening.
    Absolute nothingness is a bizarre thing to try to grasp.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

We leave and Iran invades and takes over...yea we love you Nobama!
    Lets leave Afgan...yea PACK! takes over! OK forget the middle east period
    and lets drill our own oil or natural gas.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Absolute nothingness is a bizarre thing to try to grasp.
    As is eternity

SteveRyan

That's awesome! I like the way you think man.

What's been makin me think lately is trying to comprehend the size of our galaxy.

For example: Traveling at the speed of light, it would take 26,000 years to go from Earth to the center of the Milky Way.

Speed of light is 186,000 miles per second.

26,000 years????????

You gotta be fukin kiddin me?????

And that's just to the center of our galaxy.

Nearest Galaxy is Andromeda. 2,000,000 years away traveling at the speed of light.

No wonder we ain't met any aliens. Their just too damn far away.

TR88

Maybe the answer to my question is within the question.

"after we are gone from this World" aka Planet Earth

Maybe is possible that we go to a different dimension,different planet,somewhere out of the Earth ?

Hareeba!

Maybe the answer to my question is within the question.

"after we are gone from this World" aka Planet Earth

Maybe is possible that we go to a different dimension,different planet,somewhere out of the Earth ?
    No.

You either get buried in the earth or go up in smoke.

Amen.

First 1234567 ... Last