thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1580

I found this thread this morning. Some very good posts here. I'm going to digest some of this and get back after the Full moon. ** which is Monday by the way.**

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11030

I don't know what is going to happen to me after I am gone from this earth. I do know this.....tomorrow will happen. Life/universe goes on w/o me. Been this way for a looooong time.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you guys think that people will be physically immortal in the future ?

dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

The answer can only be found in Tel Aviv, ask JJ.
    Tel Aviv is spiritual and the Messiah will come from Tel Aviv.

TR88

Guys don't you think that time is an amazing thing ?

Imagine the year is 1912,100 years back, all of us sitting in the same place we are right now, except 100 years back in time, no computers,no internet, no cell phones
    now its 2012, our time,we are here at that time

Let's say the time is 2112,100 years from now, what the World would look like ?

Man we cannot even imagine

time=most important aspect of ones life,our planet,etc.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

It's not time that you're referring to as much as technology. The world itself hasn't changed. People haven't changed. We're still the same as we were 1,000 years ago. I know that we like to think of ourselves as important, but in the grand scheme of things, we are rather simple biological creatures.

We hunt for food, we secure our shelter, we protect our tribe, we reproduce. That is life. That's the way that life has always been, and that's the way that life will always be (for all of the animal kingdom, not just our species).

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dirt and worms. People struggle with the fact that we are finite beings, but at the end of the day I believe we die and are gone forever. Makes you want to try that much harder to seize the opportunities you are given.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by ncsubowen View Post
    Dirt and worms. People struggle with the fact that we are finite beings, but at the end of the day I believe we die and are gone forever. Makes you want to try that much harder to seize the opportunities you are given.

people dont "struggle" with that "fact",

they are just smarter than to believe the rediculous theory of a bunch of spontaneous bangs and evolving processes leading to life on a random planet earth

poloyol
    poloyol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

The world goes on without you.....

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

I've seen enough people die to be absolutely convinced there is nothing special after death.

Enjoy it while your here fellas.

TR88

energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post

thats cute, but it doesnt explain where the initial form came from

wakeboardr886
    wakeboardr886's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7877

Nothing is going to happen

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    thats cute, but it doesnt explain where the initial form came from
    I know I posted that to those that believe nothing happens, like the guy under your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardr886 View Post
    Nothing is going to happen
    It cannot be nothing. It has to be something,you are just like more than 3/4 of the World that are so busy with their daily lifes that they don't ask themselves questions anymore.

You think someone created humans just to eat,sleep,work,fuk and disappear one day ? I doubt.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

When a living being dies, it's energy is released in one way or another..cremated, eaten, process of decomposing etc., but that knowledge doesn't lend itself to proof of an afterlife.

Burning a piece of wood releases it's energy into heat form..But then what?

Edit: None of my posts are meant to be argumentative. Just debating.

TR88

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    When a living being dies, it's energy is released in one way or another..cremated, eaten, process of decomposing etc., but that knowledge doesn't lend itself to proof of an afterlife.

Burning a piece of wood releases it's energy into heat form..But then what?

Edit: None of my posts are meant to be argumentative. Just debating.
    Yes, I agree with you here. Like you said a living being dies, lets say a tree,animal, flower.etc. Also like you said it releases energy one way or another, I believe is no different with the human body, but we go to the next question. The human is the most intelligent and advanced living being that is known to us. I do not believe that plants and animals have consciousness. We as humans have consciousness, and the human brain did not create consciousness, it's the other way around,consciousness creates the brain and the human body.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

People use the "Energy can't be created or destroyed" to mean that there's some kind of soul. When you die, you get eaten up, evaporate etc etc. So that energy is going somewhere. Consciousness is not energy, it's a product of the brain.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not believe that plants and animals have consciousness. We as humans have consciousness
    What do you base this on? Observation? Hunch?

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

You seem to not understand what this actually means.

Our body needs energy to survive. food, water, etc. When we eat dead plants and animals, we are consuming their energy and converting it for our own use. Food is metabolized when digested, and chemical reactions release the energy that we need to live. This is all about heat transfer, and can be modelled far more accurately than any NBA game total. Go look up a person called James Prescott Joule.

When a person dies, the energy in our body goes where all organisms' energy goes after death - into the environment. If we were cremated, the energy in our body is converted into heat and light, leaving only carbon.
    If we are put in a box 6-foot under the ground, the energy in our body is taken by worms or bacteria for their own survival until their is nothing left of us to consume (just like humans eating animals).

It seems you are mistaking Energy for conciousness. Conciousness is a function of the brain, without energy your brain will die and conciousness non existent.

TR, may i ask how old you are? I seriously feel like im responding to a fifth grader here.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1580

This is one basic life philosophy I subscribe too.
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-23-14 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Link Not Working - Removed-)

First ... 5678