MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Exactly. It's all scripted.

Dress rehearsal at 1PM sharp.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6943

of course outcomes aren't always 100% legit... think, 2001 Pats. 2005 Steelers... Super Bowl 40 ehhhhmm

Pats defenders getting away with penalty after penalty vs Rams offense in Super Bowl, vs Colts offense 2 years later in AFCCG and more so with their utter bs in other playoff games in which i didn't pay as much attention too.

i was the kid yelling the Pats were cheaters DURING the Super Bowl vs Rams and that the Rams got screwed... i was the kid who hated tom brady for it years b4 any sort of Brady-Manning Rivalry developed in 03 starting with regular season game.

i was in HS, trying to prove to my friends that they got away with cheating... to no avail.

and finally, years later when spygate was going down... i was the one with the last laugh... telling everybody who had doubted me that i was indeed correct about the pats... but that i knew they wouldn't be punished too badly and the NFL would cover it up best they could to protect their property.

im happy now knowing that almost everybody outside of the Pats fans laugh at the Pats SB wins now and call em cheaters.

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Good thread.

EVERYONE knows that the Pitt/San Diego game was fixed at the end. There was media ALL OVER what happened and that "Illegal Forward Pass" call was clearly fixed..........even AFTER going to the booth for review.

That game ALONE DESTROYED not only S/U bets that day but also killed a SHIT TON of parlays that had Pitt -4.5 as the last leg.

I don't know the percentages on that particular game but there was HUGE money on Pitt not only S/U but also parlayed.

Anyone happen to see the end of the Orlando/KC game yesterday?

Orlando +7.5.............4 seconds left in the game.............Orlando down by 9............hits a CALLED AND ONE and initially the basket is given with a free throw attempt to follow.....that covers the 7.5

Then the made basket is waived off and he get's two free throws to make it an 8 point spread with no time to cover.

Indianapolis/Tennessee last year.......EVERYONE was on the over......end of the 4th quarter.........Manning hit dude in the end zone that would have covered the over and he caught the ball in the back of the end zone and actually threw the ball away like it was a bomb that was about to explode.........(I KNOW you guys remember that game)........Tennessee gets the ball back and runs out the clock to secure the under.

Southern Miss/Nevada on Saturday night............EVERYONE was on the over..........Have you EVER seen a quarterback............(Southern Miss) that overthrew, straight up missed receivers one after the other in the second half?

Just a few games I can think of but yeah............if you don't think sports/lines are dirty you need your head examined.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    Good thread.

EVERYONE knows that the Pitt/San Diego game was fixed at the end. There was media ALL OVER what happened and that "Illegal Forward Pass" call was clearly fixed..........even AFTER going to the booth for review.

That game ALONE DESTROYED not only S/U bets that day but also killed a SHIT TON of parlays that had Pitt -4.5 as the last leg.

I don't know the percentages on that particular game but there was HUGE money on Pitt not only S/U but also parlayed.

Anyone happen to see the end of the Orlando/KC game yesterday?

Orlando +7.5.............4 seconds left in the game.............Orlando down by 9............hits a CALLED AND ONE and initially the basket is given with a free throw attempt to follow.....that covers the 7.5

Then the made basket is waived off and he get's two free throws to make it an 8 point spread with no time to cover.

Indianapolis/Tennessee last year.......EVERYONE was on the over......end of the 4th quarter.........Manning hit dude in the end zone that would have covered the over and he caught the ball in the back of the end zone and actually threw the ball away like it was a bomb that was about to explode.........(I KNOW you guys remember that game)........Tennessee gets the ball back and runs out the clock to secure the under.

Southern Miss/Nevada on Saturday night............EVERYONE was on the over..........Have you EVER seen a quarterback............(Southern Miss) that overthrew, straight up missed receivers one after the other in the second half?

Just a few games I can think of but yeah............if you don't think sports/lines are dirty you need your head examined.
    so this is what you are going with?

that in the orlando game the refs knew he was going to miss the free throw so that thunder could cover?

that in the colts game a receiver didnt catch the ball one time?

that in the ncaaf game the qb was no good in the second half so he must have had instructions?

you cracked it buddy

I remember yesterday as soon as the thunder game finished a guy made a thread crying how the refs helped orlando cover after they were down double digits, now you are saying they helped thunder cover. these refs are fuking amazing, they control the score so easily that they middle bettors, they can even control variables such as player accuracy

and I am guessing that in that nfl game the players and coaches were too stupid to just keep the game low scoring, so they keep putting points on the board and then drive all the way to the end zone, but then suddenly realized 'shit, if we dont stop now its going to go over'

some people dont realize how silly they sound when they open their mouths

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I sometimes think its rigged when teams like the rams beat the saints and colts beat texans! Seriously wtf, I have learned not to bet on nfl/nba when sides ML are 1.10, definately not worthy for a multi booster!

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to spot the rigged games to make some $$$$ lol....so anyone that has a good idea on upcoming rigged games send me a pm.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Just curious. What happens when one book in Vegas is heavy on one side and another book is heavy on the other? Who gets the fix?

Thanks in advance.
    DO WHAT? Think about what you just asked.

A book is only going to load action heavy on one side when they are pretty sure of what the outcome will be. When one book does it they will all follow suit.That does not mean the game is 'fixed'. They have many more resources than the bettors have and are not about to let perception beat them. On the contrary, they will use public perception against the public.
    They are not going to let action get lopsided in a game when they are not confident of the outcome.
    They will move the line as best they can to EVEN the action in those games.

50/50 action is ideal. Right?
    When you see or better yet, sense 80/20 or the likes then you better side with the books. Especially when you see the line moving AWAY from what would help create even action.

Example-
    S Fran -3.5 over Seattle.
    8 out of 10 people you ask tell you S fran is a winner.
    Book drops that line to 2.5 or 2.
    Bet Seattle everytime.
    When the book rakes in all that square money they won't care that you grabbed a few crumbs as well.

It is the soundest 'system' you will EVER find altho "action junkies" do not have the discipline to employ it.
    Is it perfect? Of course not.

These are the games most bettors will lose and then say to themselves, " my gut told me to take seattle" .. They then yell "FIX" because there was no way(perception) Seattle should have beaten S. Fran.

They will even go as far as to think back to what they witnessed and find 2 or 3 'fishy' situations during the game that solidly supports their fukked up notion that the game was 'rigged' or 'fixed'... In reality only the line was 'fixed' to bait them onto S. Fran.

If 2 books have action loaded heavy 75-80/25-20 on opposite teams you can bet one of those books will have many pissed off account holders and be closing up shop real soon.
    Last edited by ShawNee922; 12-26-11 at 09:36 PM. Reason: grammar

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post

and I am guessing that in that nfl game the players and coaches were too stupid to just keep the game low scoring, so they keep putting points on the board and then drive all the way to the end zone, but then suddenly realized 'shit, if we dont stop now its going to go over'

some people dont realize how silly they sound when they open their mouths
    No shit, TFF ...

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ShawNee922 View Post
    DO WHAT? Think about what you just asked.

A book is only going to load action heavy on one side when they are pretty sure of what the outcome will be. When one book does it they will all follow suit.That does not mean the game is 'fixed'. They have many more resources than the bettors have and are not about to let perception beat them. On the contrary, they will use public perception against the public.
    They are not going to let action get lopsided in a game when they are not confident of the outcome.
    They will move the line as best they can to EVEN the action in those games.

50/50 action is ideal. Right?
    When you see or better yet, sense 80/20 or the likes then you better side with the books. Especially when you see the line moving AWAY from what would help create even action.

Example-
    S Fran -3.5 over Seattle.
    8 out of 10 people you ask tell you S fran is a winner.
    Book drops that line to 2.5 or 2.
    Bet Seattle everytime.
    When the book rakes in all that square money they won't care that you grabbed a few crumbs as well.

It is the soundest 'system' you will EVER find altho "action junkies" do not have the discipline to employ it.
    Is it perfect? Of course not.

These are the games most bettors will lose and then say to themselves, " my gut told me to take seattle" .. They then yell "FIX" because there was no way(perception) Seattle should have beaten S. Fran.

They will even go as far as to think back to what they witnessed and find 2 or 3 'fishy' situations during the game that solidly supports their fukked up notion that the game was 'rigged' or 'fixed'... In reality only the line was 'fixed' to bait them onto S. Fran.

If 2 books have action loaded heavy 75-80/25-20 on opposite teams you can bet one of those books will have many pissed off account holders and be closing up shop real soon.
    LOL. Money moves lines. If the line is moving, it's because they (or the sharp book they're cloning) are getting more money on a particular side. It doesn't matter what percentage of people are on either side.

It's perfectly conceivable that books in Vegas with low limits and a propensity to boot gamblers with an edge could be loaded up on the "public" side, while a book with large limits that accepts all bettors could be heavy on the other side.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

LOL. Money moves lines. If the line is moving, it's because they (or the sharp book they're cloning) are getting more money on a particular side. It doesn't matter what percentage of people are on either side.
    It's perfectly conceivable that books in Vegas with low limits and a propensity to boot gamblers with an edge could be loaded up on the "public" side, while a book with large limits that accepts all bettors could be heavy on the other side.
    I haven't read every post.......but simply from the Reader's Digest version I've skimmed it's clear that MonkeyFocker has won this thread.

Don't fret, boys. He's a sharp son-of-a-bitch.

Monkey.......do my Cowboys win this coming Sunday, pal?

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job men. Nothing like a good ol debate about sports fixing. Other than a few insults early on it appears that everyone has focused on the issue at hand. Good arguments on both sides.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

I think in the subconscious mind of even the most adament naysayer they know there beloved sports are altered for entertainment value and gambling purposes but like I mentioned earlier... ignorance is bliss.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I haven't read every post.......but simply from the Reader's Digest version I've skimmed it's clear that MonkeyFocker has won this thread.

Don't fret, boys. He's a sharp son-of-a-bitch.

Monkey.......do my Cowboys win this coming Sunday, pal?
    Probably not, unfortunately.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I think in the subconscious mind of even the most adament naysayer they know there beloved sports are altered for entertainment value and gambling purposes but like I mentioned earlier... ignorance is bliss.
    Is that why the NFL adamantly lobbies against allowing legalized sports betting in the U.S. where it is not already legally instituted?

Why are the Saints blowing out the Falcons right now?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Is that why the NFL adamantly lobbies against allowing legalized sports betting in the U.S. where it is not already legally instituted? Why are the Saints blowing out the Falcons right now?
    My take is that it's more profitable for the leagues to have legalized sports betting in the U.S for a number of reasons and as for tonight Saints/Falcons game? Of course not all games are rigged. Squares gotta win sometimes. Like the old saying... you don't suck them dry you bleed them slowly.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Weird. One would think that more pervasive gambling venues allows for more money by all of these corrupt leagues...

So when the games aren't rigged the "square side" always wins and/or blows the other team out? Interesting.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

There are a few games that leave you scratching your head and you wonder if the player or ref was trying to help a team cover or not cover. It's more obvious in college basketball. Team is up by 20 but needs 23 to cover so the players jacks up a 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

So when the games aren't rigged the "square side" always wins and/or blows the other team out? Interesting.
    Who said this? It seems as though you are coming to your own conclusions.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    There are a few games that leave you scratching your head and you wonder if the player or ref was trying to help a team cover or not cover. It's more obvious in college basketball. Team is up by 20 but needs 23 to cover so the players jacks up a 3 with 2 seconds left in the game.
    True. Hard to imagine a basketball player wanting to shoot a ball when the game isn't on the line.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Who said this? It seems as though you are coming to your own conclusions.
    Oh. Well, I thought you said the majority of games were rigged. When else are squares supposed to bleed slowly?

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    do you people think before you post?

if the game is rigged that means a lot of shady people have a lot of money on the line, you dont commit a serious crime and put all that money on the line only to have it all ride on a last second three point midcourt shot

that is not called fixing, that is called gambling

people in this thread have no idea what they are talking about, its all in their head, trying to subconsciously explain to themselves why a sure thing lost
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-26-11 at 11:21 PM.

SportsMushroom

Oh. Well, I thought you said the majority of games were rigged. When else are squares supposed to bleed slowly?
    lets not forget about the thread title

'I am sick of rigged games'

followed by this gem

'I make money out of rigged games'

followed by the not thoroughly thought through excuse

'I am only sick of rigged games as a fan'

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    lets not forget about the thread title 'I am sick of rigged games' followed by this gem 'I make money out of rigged games' followed by the not thoroughly thought through excuse 'I am only sick of rigged games as a fan'
    funny how you quote me yet none of those statements are mine. Your purposely misleading others by misquoting me.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Yes. He is. Mushroom should be ashamed of himself.

I for one am. Now that I know most sporting events a fixed I constantly focus on this and don't enjoy the games anymore. Sometimes I wish I didn't know the truth. Ignorance is bliss so the say.
    c'mon you don't really believe that. I'm a consistant winner and I'll call a fix when I win. That's what everyone says whenever this is brought up, "oh your just a sore loser" and what not, but that's not the case at all.
    you again? Pay attention. Like I stated earlier I am speaking from the standpoint of a fan and not of that of a gambler. As a gambler it's not a problem. I even consider these factors into my capping. Once again, as a fan of sports I find it shameful that it has come to this.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mikail buried again

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Yes. He is.
    no he's not. If your gonna quote me the quote me. Also keep them in the context. He's insinuates that I have changed my stance as the thread progressed when in fact from the beginning I asked is anyone else fed up with rigged sports. I then explained that from the standpoint of a fan that it's disheartening to learn that these sports I grew up loving are not all they seem. I also had to explain to this cat that it's not about losing wagers and that after 3 short years betting sports I've managed to keep in the + For him to make the assessment that I am somehow flip flopping is nothing more that an attempt to discredit me as a sore losing gambler.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

It's all good though. Keep up the debate. So far we've had some interesting comments.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

no he's not. If your gonna quote me the quote me. Also keep them in the context. He's insinuates that I have changed my stance as the thread progressed when in fact from the beginning I asked is anyone else fed up with rigged sports. I then explained that from the standpoint of a fan that it's disheartening to learn that these sports I grew up loving are not all they seem. I also had to explain to this cat that it's not about losing wagers and that after 3 short years betting sports I've managed to keep in the + For him to make the assessment that I am somehow flip flopping is nothing more that an attempt to discredit me as a sore losing gambler.
    True. You're doing a good enough job on your own in discrediting yourself than he could ever possibly do...

Shame on him.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

True. You're doing a good enough job on your own in discrediting yourself than he could ever possibly do...

Shame on him.
    same old story by you internet trolls. Attack the OP instead of discussing the issue. I've done nothing of the sort. Your weak attempts at discrediting me have fallen short and you know it. Keep trying though. I can hang around for a little while tonight.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

same old story by you internet trolls. Attack the OP instead of discussing the issue. I've done nothing of the sort. Your weak attempts at discrediting me have fallen short and you know it. Keep trying though. I can hang around for a little while tonight.
    Very true. Personal attack = saying your words discredit you.

I'm learning a lot here.

aren't you queer?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Very true. Personal attack = saying your words discredit you. I'm learning a lot here.
    simple question after you called me 'moron' if my memory serves correct.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

simple question after you called me 'moron' if my memory serves correct.
    You haven't exactly proven otherwise.

But does that mean you're a troll too?

Say it ain't so.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

regardless, that's neither here nor there. The thread's intent is to discuss the question of rigged sports although you and the sportsmushroom have pathetically made numerous attempts at turning the focus on trolling at me. Ya see, I have a life outside the forum. I'm also a grown man who has little desire in getting into a pissing contest on the internet. Good day!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Obviously, it's much more sophisticated to whine about sports being "rigged" than to troll the individual that does.

Another lesson learned.

SportsMushroom

mikhail I dont remember anyone insulting you in this thread, most people are making this a two way conversation, but you dismiss anyone with a different opinion as an 'internet troll' and their opinions as 'attempts at discrediting' you

first off how can someone without credit be discredited? this is an internet forum which some people seem to confuse with real life

secondly, what issues have you talked about? all you have done is stated for the nth time that sports games are rigged, you have not provided any evidence at all to that being true, you just made a statement, you assumed it is true without any proof and you consider anyone with a different opinion as 'blind' 'stupid' etc and go on to let everyone know that they are indeed incapable of clear vision or intelligent thought, unlike you, you are so sophisticated that you can actually bet on the rigged side and win money, yet at the same time are disgusted by the fact that the game was in fact rigged

First 1234567 Last