MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    listen your obviously not too bright. Read it again! Queer or not i'd be more than happy to have a civila discussion with you but I'm not going to engage in a back and forth with you.
    Obviously.

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I have always felt that the NBA has a handful of games that are fixed yearly. It is hard not to think that after the last ref scandal and the assertion that more refs have fixed games that it still isn't happening.

That said, the video I just watched (especially the NHL game) really does not cement any sort of conspiracy. In fact, the games he showed were not backed up by numbers and handles on either side bet. I think the guy that made the video assumed $$ had to be bet on the "winning" team only to have Vegas snatch it out of their hands.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    I have always felt that the NBA has a handful of games that are fixed yearly. It is hard not to think that after the last ref scandal and the assertion that more refs have fixed games that it still isn't happening.

That said, the video I just watched (especially the NHL game) really does not cement any sort of conspiracy. In fact, the games he showed were not backed up by numbers and handles on either side bet. I think the guy that made the video assumed $$ had to be bet on the "winning" team only to have Vegas snatch it out of their hands.
    Casper I remember that Steelers game. In fact I had a wager on it. When they called the forward pass I was in shock. Luckily I had the Steelers ML in a 3 teamer and not the spread. The point is we'd be foolish to assume that the amount of money in play on these games have no effect on outcomes.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Casper I remember that Steelers game. In fact I had a wager on it. When they called the forward pass I was in shock. Luckily I had the Steelers ML in a 3 teamer and not the spread. The point is we'd be foolish to assume that the amount of money in play on these games have no effect on outcomes.
    Very true. The league offices, team owners, coaches, and players only make millions of dollars. Certainly, they're concerned about your $20 wager.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Very true. The league offices, team owners, coaches, and players only make millions of dollars. Certainly, they're concerned about your $20 wager.
    lol, your trying so hard.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

I am. You're tough competition intellectually.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

here's another interesting tid bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsqtgjVw_4

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I for one am. Now that I know most sporting events a fixed I constantly focus on this and don't enjoy the games anymore. Sometimes I wish I didn't know the truth. Ignorance is bliss so the say.
    Mikail think this one over real deeply... If you can't beat em..join em.

This will help solve your problems.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

I stopped watching at the hockey puck. That was beyond stupid.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Mikail think this one over real deeply... If you can't beat em..join em. This will help solve your problems.
    point taken.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

first you say you are fed up with sports being rigged

then you claim to be making money off of sports being rigged

so you are fed up with making money off of sports being rigged?

not buying it

'game was rigged' is the battle cry of the broke degenerate gambler

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    first you say you are fed up with sports being rigged

then you claim to be making money off of sports being rigged

so you are fed up with making money off of sports being rigged?

not buying it

'game was rigged' is the battle cry of the broke degenerate gambler
    you again? Pay attention. Like I stated earlier I am speaking from the standpoint of a fan and not of that of a gambler. As a gambler it's not a problem. I even consider these factors into my capping. Once again, as a fan of sports I find it shameful that it has come to this.

ApricotSinner32

Anyone who believes sports aren't altered by referees/players in some instances are pawns. Sports are business first.. a true competition 2nd.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Anyone who believes sports aren't altered by referees/players in some instances are pawns. Sports are business first.. a true competition 2nd.
    Exactly. It makes me wonder if all the doubters who responded in this thread are really that naive or do they have an agenda?

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

did anyone ever fukkin notice they only rig the games you bet on and need to win???? anyone experience this it is a fukkin conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    did anyone ever fukkin notice they only rig the games you bet on and need to win???? anyone experience this it is a fukkin conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!
    unfortunately for this theory it's just plain false. i haven't made a real money wager all day and this hasn't blurred my vision whereas to not be able to spot a game not on the up and up. I've even spotted fixes on games i've won.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

unfortunately for this theory it's just plain false. i haven't made a real money wager all day and this hasn't blurred my vision whereas to not be able to spot a game not on the up and up. I've even spotted fixes on games i've won.
    i am trying to learn mikail it is difficult sometimes to spot the fixes they got me money how do you spot the rigged games to bet and win on????we can use this in our arsenal of weapons the books will never see it coming

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

i am trying to learn mikail it is difficult sometimes to spot the fixes they got me money how do you spot the rigged games to bet and win on????we can use this in our arsenal of weapons the books will never see it coming
    well if your not being sarcastic( you probably are) the best way to use this to your advantage is live betting. Unfortunately being privy to such valued information is not easy. Believe it or not those in the know keep it quiet. Also you can check bet % and RLM and try to guess where they may be more likely to control a games outcome. Obviously if the public is heavy on a side it could be a good spot for the side to lose. Like with anything though this is not foolproof. Nothing is 100%

ApricotSinner32

Think like a book win like a book.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

here's an article from not to long ago on this very subject.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm...igged_232.html

Author Says Evidence Proves Pro Sports Rigged

By Victor Thorn
    The American landscape is littered with crooked politicians, corrupt judges, corporate conmen, sleazy televangelists and stolen elections. Could the manipulation of professional sports, including the National Football League (NFL), also be added to this list? Oh, say it ain’t so, Joe.
    During a July 21 interview, Brian Tuohy, author of The Fix Is In, told this writer: “In a May 20 NFL court case concerning the New England Patriots ‘Spygate’ scandal, Sr. U.S. Circuit Judge Robert E. Cowen ruled that, at best, tickets to a football game don’t come with the promise that the contest will be a fair one. Fans only have the legal right to see a game, and nothing more. The league doesn’t have to follow any certain rules or laws regarding the outcome of these games.”
    This decision arose because the NFL is a self-contained entity that exists without any meaningful oversight from any outside body looking over its shoulder.
    The NFL is a not-for-profit corporation, a 501(c)6 business “league,” that pulls in nearly $8 billion annually and pays its head, who is called a “commissioner,” $11 million a year.
    Since television networks and advertisers funnel millions of dollars into sporting events, each league is acutely aware that they have to keep their “show business product” filled with intrigue to boost ratings.
    Tuohy concedes that the vast majority of games are legitimate, but if a good storyline develops, similar to a soap opera or professional wrestling, the league will help this drama along.
    One way to shave points or alter an outcome is via the referees. Tuohy notes that since these officials are employees of each league, it’s not considered bribery, or even an illegality, if a referee does or doesn’t make a certain call. They’re nothing more than paid company men following a script.
    To prevent whistleblowers, the NFL instituted a profit-sharing program where every team in the league, even the worst ones, benefits as more money is generated.
    They’re all in the same boat, and no one wants to poison the message by saying specific games are fixed. In addition, Tuohy points out that many NFL team owners have organized-crime backgrounds and direct connections to gambling outfits.
    With huge amounts of money at stake, the situation becomes political. Similar to congressmen who’ve been compromised, players with gambling problems, drug arrests or other legal entanglements become much more vulnerable to the pressures of throwing a game. If a quarterback is faced with prison time, losing millions in endorsements or being banished by the league for illegal steroid use, tossing a few deliberate interceptions is a small price to pay.
    To bolster his argument, Tuohy provides examples. After Super Bowl III where Joe Namath became a superstar, Colts lineman Bubba Smith snapped, “The game was set up for the Jets to win.”
    Tuohy cites other sports venues, too Racecar driver Tony Stewart admitted in 2007: “It’s like playing God. [NASCAR] can almost dictate the race instead of the drivers doing it. . . . I don’t know that they’ve run a fair race all year.”
    Then there’s NBA referee Tim Donaghy, who provided inside information to gamblers, allowing them an 80 percent accuracy rate in predicting the outcome of games. Like dishonest Wall Street investment bankers, Donaghy naturally received financial compensation for his secretive revelations.
    One other parallel to the corporate-political world exists. Akin to a docile White House press corps, Tuohy asserts that the sports media is afraid to expose offending players or coaches because the reporters would be blackballed by the league. It’s well known that one of the largest sports networks, ESPN, doesn’t engage in investigative journalism because the network would potentially lose millions in revenue if spectators sensed that the Super Bowl and World Series were rigged.
    The longer this writer spoke with Tuohy, the clearer it became that the realm of political conspiracies and fixed sporting events were closely related. Whereas Fox News or NBC won’t reveal the truth about 9-11, Tuohy is thwarted by corrupt owners and monolithic sports departments, who all circle their wagons to keep their secrets secret.

And don’t forget Council on Foreign Relations man George Mitchell appearing out of nowhere more than once in recent years to investigate steroid use in professional sports. That is a rather curious shifting of gears from the CFR—the premier private outlet for directing U.S. foreign policy and supplying key personnel for government policy-making jobs—to professional sports.
    When asked if he faced any repercussions regarding his book, Tuohy explained: “I think I’m being censored by the sports media. After interviewing me, ESPN refused to publish any articles about sports conspiracies. Plus, they’ve banned me from their big radio networks and sports talk shows.”
    -Victor Thorn

SportsMushroom

you again? Pay attention. Like I stated earlier I am speaking from the standpoint of a fan and not of that of a gambler. As a gambler it's not a problem. I even consider these factors into my capping. Once again, as a fan of sports I find it shameful that it has come to this.
    isnt it ironic? you using these two words in sequence? you and again? thats what everyone says every time you express your opinion about how rigged sports are for the nth time

from the standpoint of a fan? people in this forum are not stupid, that is as bad an excuse as 'the dog ate my homework'

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Let the sheep graze together. As long as the shepherd provides food and pasture they are satisfied. No one wants to know the Truth, about sports or about life. Everyone condemns ignorance, but all their actions are driven by it.

Relating to sports specifically, telling sports fans that the games are fixed is like telling a child Santa Claus does not exist. Knowing that they have been fooled for ages makes people angry, hurts their pride. They had faith in sports, and you just crushed it. Show anyone PROOF that what they believe in is false, and they will all act the same way. Covering their ears and closing their eyes because they don't want to listen, they need their myths to keep them happy.

If proof leaked that sports were fixed, I know that 90% of the population would dismiss the facts in order to stay tied to the dream.

I am probably the biggest conspiracy theorist on this board, and I think that ALL pro sports are fixed. Every game. One of the greatest lessons to learn in life is to never underestimate the greed of man. Even though books make a killing through juice, if there is a way for them to make 10x as much, they will take that chance.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    isnt it ironic? you using these two words in sequence? you and again? thats what everyone says every time you express your opinion about how rigged sports are for the nth time

from the standpoint of a fan? people in this forum are not stupid, that is as bad an excuse as 'the dog ate my homework'
    It's a legitamite talking point which people are divided. For you to say 'people on this forum are not stupid' is laughable. Which 'excuse' are you referring too? I've made no excuse. In fact I had a very good week. Whether or not I am winning or losing has nothing to do with this subject and is purely meant to take focus on the issue at hand. I know you M.O All you do is play 'devil's advocate' and like I told another in this thread, I have no interest in getting into a back and forth with you. If you have something beneficial to bring to the discussion le't hear it. Otherwise your just trying to instigate an E confrontation and quite frankly I'm over it! I'm a grown man and have no interest in getting into arguments online.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Even though books make a killing through juice, if there is a way for them to make 10x as much, they will take that chance.
    This is what I find most disturbing. The juice alone is enough to keep the fat pigs rolling in the dough but it isn't enough. Isn't that a testament to the greed of man?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

op is a moron, in all your rigged theories has anyone confessed or blown the whistle on this rigged stuf. People love to be whistleblowers etc..so u have pro athletes throwing a game for lets say 20 dimes and losing out much more in a salary renewal...take your psych meds

SportsMushroom

It's a legitamite talking point which people are divided. For you to say 'people on this forum are not stupid' is laughable. Which 'excuse' are you referring too? I've made no excuse. In fact I had a very good week. Whether or not I am winning or losing has nothing to do with this subject and is purely meant to take focus on the issue at hand. I know you M.O All you do is play 'devil's advocate' and like I told another in this thread, I have no interest in getting into a back and forth with you. If you have something beneficial to bring to the discussion le't hear it. Otherwise your just trying to instigate an E confrontation and quite frankly I'm over it! I'm a grown man and have no interest in getting into arguments online.

if I have something beneficial to add to the discussion? what do you bring to the discussion, all you do is whine about how sports is rigged and vegas is evil, its tiring and makes you sound like a broken record

we get it, sports are rigged and you dont like it because you are a sports fan

then whats with the whining about rigged casinos? is it because you are a fan of ditsy waitresses in playboy bunny outfits?

also you are acting as if I was arguing against your point about fixes

I do believe that sports isnt as unpredictable as it appears, I try to spot situations, I find them and I bet them

which is how I know that if you truly were making money off of it you would have never made this thread
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 12-26-11 at 01:07 AM.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Think like a book win like a book.
    Hard to do.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    op is a moron, in all your rigged theories has anyone confessed or blown the whistle on this rigged stuf. People love to be whistleblowers etc..so u have pro athletes throwing a game for lets say 20 dimes and losing out much more in a salary renewal...take your psych meds
    oh year your right, no one has ever blown the whistle on rigged sports.

Ever heard of Tim Donaghy?

and he calls me the idiot.

nyplayer33

your an idiot,,if they wanted to rig it it wouldn't be so obvious....go donate your money to 1800 church benny hinn

nyplayer33

Americanfreedom press..they think bush had robots fly planes into world trade

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    your an idiot,,if they wanted to rig it it wouldn't be so obvious....go donate your money to 1800 church benny hinn
    Your an idiot! Think before you speak!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

lurkers pay attention. They resort to personal attacks instead of having a civil discussion which only shows who's opinion has real merit.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

not this shit again

nyplayer33

Was reading another message board on fixed harnss racing etc..one race in illinois etc..i contacted a big offshore annd they said no winning tickets were plced on that race...tin foil

First 12345 ... Last