King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    great post costa rican-canadian.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's going to be Romney, it always was.... and Obama will beat him by 8+ points

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    You Ron Paul people are hilarious.

Guy is 76 years old.

And Newt is nearing 70 and overweight.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Is now the Republican frontrunner? Seriously?

This guy was left for dead a few months ago. He's morally bankrupt, politically corrupt -- just a horrible candidate. He'd been thrown aside accordingly after he was exposed for having numerous affairs, being in bed with big business and Freddie Mac themselves, etc. Now, because everyone else is so bad, this is all that's left? Really? After four years of trying to come up with someone?

It's the same reason the republicans got killed in the 2008 election. They can't get out of each other's way.

If there were an option for 'field' I'd take it.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    It's going to be Romney, it always was.... and Obama will beat him by 8+ points

100% agree. Newt doesn't even want the nomination. He'll just get slaughtered by the Democrats political machine; plus Newts fat ass couldn't hold up on the campaign trail.

Obama is winning this EASY. The Republicans are sending out their "C" squad.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

It's the same reason the republicans got killed in the 2008 election. They can't get out of each other's way.
    Republicans got killed in the 2008 election and then 2 short years later, the democrats (who controlled all 3 branches of government) got their heads handed to them on a silver platter.

Obama is winning this EASY.
    If so, then why isn't he favored to win re-election? Any opinions given by those who are stupid enough to want to re-elect Obama carry no weight whatsoever.
    great post costa rican-canadian.
    Mayan, are you actually poking fun of Dwight's nationality when you come from the armpit of Mexico?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Republicans got killed in the 2008 election and then 2 short years later, the democrats (who controlled all 3 branches of government) got their heads handed to them on a silver platter.

If so, then why isn't he favored to win re-election? Any opinions given by those who are stupid enough to want to re-elect Obama carry no weight whatsoever.Mayan, are you actually poking fun of Dwight's nationality when you come from the armpit of Mexico?
    I don't want Obama to get re-elected, but if Gingrich is the alternative....

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

If so, then why isn't he favored to win re-election?
    He is ..

.... by quite a large margin.

andywend

2012 US Elections - 2012 Presidential Election Winner (Individual)
    Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012

Last Price: 50.5

You can buy
    this at 50.6

You can sell
    this at 50.5

http://www.intrade.com/graphing/jsp/...tractId=743474
    Barack Obama to be re-elected President in 2012

Obama is now trading at 50.5 at Intrade up from the mid to high 40's. Even going with BetFair's odds of 1.9 only gives Obama a 52% chance to win re-election. Is that what you call "a large margin" or do you have no clue how to read a set of odds?

50.5% is an incredibly LOW number for an incumbent president to be at a full year before the election. Bush was trading around 65% at this point in time in 2003.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

obamas plan all along was to have things get better in his last year so we can reelect him again and he will say he did it all ,re elect me. blah blah blah

Just like the stock market going up now. Obama will take credit

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Obama is now trading at 50.5 at Intrade up from the mid to high 40's. Even going with BetFair's odds of 1.9 only gives Obama a 52% chance to win re-election. Is that what you call "a large margin" or do you have no clue how to read a set of odds?
    What I said was ... he is favored by a large margin ...

Obama's probability of being next president is 52% .. the next closest candidate is Romney @ 22% ... personally I would say that that is a fairly large margin .... if you disagree you are a buffoon and probably should not be anywhere a gambling forum.

Any amount over 50% means he is favored .. your statement was "why is he not favored" .. my reply was "he is" .. once again you have shown yourself to not have the slightest clue what you are talking about .. and then you try and back peddle when you are proven wrong.

You are the perfect example of a Republican .. ever thought about running for office ... ?

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Bet large on Obama with a reputable book. GOP has no shot to beat Obama with these jokers. A Mormon is going to be the next president

Ron Paul would have a good shot if he got a chance to go head to head with Obama, but the GOP is afraid to let that dude in charge.

People are way too caught up in policies and bullshit when all that matters is the candidates and their likability with the American public. You really think these swing states are going to go with a Mormon? The religion seriously hurts his chances. You will have the average Sally and Joe in the voting booth thinking, "Well, Obama has been the president for 4 years and things are still relatively normal. Should I vote for him or a Mormon I know nothing about?" Religion is huge. Why do you think the GOP is throwing all these other candidates out to the public? They would kill to see one of these candidates actually resonate with the people.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

The republicans are waiting until 2016 to run for President. The 2012 field is never going to beat Obama. They should have put up someone that wasnt crazy or Mormon and they would have had a good chance to beat Obama, his popularity is about the same as Carter's was back in 1980.

FlyNByU
    FlyNByU's Avatar Become A Pro!

we need new election laws. hate to say it but i think there should be some qualifications to vote. everyone votes its just plain fckn stupid. the people who get elected are the ones who promise the most. this nanny state cry baby mentality people have these days make me sick. you should contribute something to society more than getting a fckn government check to be able to vote.....dunno maybe land ownership or something.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNByU View Post
    we need new election laws. hate to say it but i think there should be some qualifications to vote. everyone votes its just plain fckn stupid. the people who get elected are the ones who promise the most. this nanny state cry baby mentality people have these days make me sick. you should contribute something to society more than getting a fckn government check to be able to vote.....dunno maybe land ownership or something.
    You guys are just 10-15 years behind what we have done in western Europe.
    One man, one vote inevitably leads to expensive populist policies which in turn means more "welfare".

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    You guys are just 10-15 years behind what we have done in western Europe. One man, one vote inevitably leads to expensive populist policies which in turn means more "welfare".
    US does not have "one man one vote" in presidential politics or US senate. Electoral college is not a popular vote.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    US does not have "one man one vote" in presidential politics or US senate. Electoral college is not a popular vote.
    .... Iin the UK there is a parliamentary system which works in a similar way.
    .....Germany has a combined system which is part parliamentary and part 'proportional' representation.

The net result is the same.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 12-02-11 at 09:16 AM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNByU View Post
    If either party could truly get their base out to vote they'd completely dominate. The percentage of the eligible voters who actually vote in our elections is really quite pathetic.

FlyNByU
    FlyNByU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed that voter turn out is pathetic. That has more to do with the fact that in the US more people are concerned about who the next American idol is going to be or when Lindsey lohan's next trial will be then the things that actually affect their lives. Pathetic.

We need a sense of personal responsibility in this country like never before.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Onefreedm1nd View Post
    Didn't he cheat on his wife while she was in cancer treatment?

Yes, he did. As a matter of fact, it was reported that he even served her the divorce papers while she was still in the hospital.

This guy is an arrogant, corrupt individual and at times, evil.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8490

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Yes, he did. As a matter of fact, it was reported that he even served her the divorce papers while she was still in the hospital.

This guy is an arrogant, corrupt individual and at times, evil.
    a lie. She wanted the divorce. Even his daughter confirmed this. And why do you really care so much? Don't answer .. we know it's because it suits your agenda to discredit Newton in any way possible. True or not true, it doesn't matter.

robertg
    robertg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Newt will be an excellent president.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

a lie. She wanted the divorce. Even his daughter confirmed this. And why do you really care so much? Don't answer .. we know it's because it suits your agenda to discredit Newton in any way possible. True or not true, it doesn't matter.

A lie according to who? It's not a lie. It definitely was reported in the media that he served her divorce papers while she was still in the hospital.

We can go back and forth all day. His daughter denying it has the same level of credibility as the media report does.

I don't have to discredit the guy. His record and his personal life do that just fine all by themselves.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    A lie according to who? It's not a lie. It definitely was reported in the media that he served her divorce papers while she was still in the hospital.

We can go back and forth all day. His daughter denying it has the same level of credibility as the media report does.

I don't have to discredit the guy. His record and his personal life do that just fine all by themselves.
    you have failed to discredit him in anyway actually. Your attempts are pointless. Voters realize that no candidate is perfect and by continuously attempting to discredit him while pretending Paul is the perfect candidate is nuts.

Let's not forget that 3 years ago , people elected a man that has ties to a convicted terrorist and a reverend that hates America. A lot worse that anything Newt is being accused of.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

you have failed to discredit him in anyway actually. Your attempts are pointless. Voters realize that no candidate is perfect and by continuously attempting to discredit him while pretending Paul is the perfect candidate is nuts.

Let's not forget that 3 years ago , people elected a man that has ties to a convicted terrorist and a reverend that hates America. A lot worse that anything Newt is being accused of.

Something in your brain is not computing here. Once again, I don't have to discredit this serial adulterer and hypocrite because his personal and public life do it for him.

Paul is the perfect candidate. Liberty. Peace. Prosperity. It's what the Republican Party used to be about.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

says the guy who's agenda is to discredit Obama in any way possible, but always ends up discrediting himself

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    says the guy who's agenda is to discredit Obama in any way possible, but always ends up discrediting himself

agenda? nice try. I was skeptical at the beginning because Obama promised he would change the way things are done. Remember? He was gonna be the new politician. He will unite the parties. It didn't take long for reasonable people to see he is and has continued to do the exact opposite.

I am calling it like it is. I wanted Obama to succeed but it's clear to most people that he doesn't have what it takes. Maybe that's why Obama has the lowest approval rating in history for a president in his first term at this point. Just maybe.

Onefreedm1nd
    Onefreedm1nd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

Where does he get his hair products?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post

and the fat Twink is not even American.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Is there such thing as a fat twink? Thought one voids you from being the other

Lockitup1x
    Lockitup1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Newt doesn't even want the nomination. Obama is winning this EASY. The Republicans are sending out their "C" squad.
    You are delusional. Is your post even serious? If you know what their C squad is - then you must know what their A squad is. What is their A squad in your opinion? I can't wait to hear your silence.

andywend

King Mayan, you are not an American either.
    You guys are just 10-15 years behind what we have done in western Europe.
    One man, one vote inevitably leads to expensive populist policies which in turn means more "welfare".
    FourLengthsClear, "one man, one vote" was NEVER the intention of our founding forefathers and until we get rid of it, the U.S.A. doesn't stand a chance.

First 123 Last