dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I wonder what the series price will be now? phillies -160? Cards bullpne looked solid tonight. Once again the phillies cant hit. Cards have been hitting the phils studs well so far. If Garcia can pitch a good game next time out the cards might win this series.
    cards def have good bats.... but to say the phills cant hit is once again foolish... they led the NL in runs scored since all star break through the time they clinched (since pence came over).

with that said, should be a good series..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by iwanttowin View Post
    Phillies pitching will carry them even if their offense stink. But their offense will wake up in the playoffs...they just didn't give a crap once the clinched. Plus the cards bullepen sucks. Halladay Lee Hamels Oswalt Worely Probably sweep or 4-1.
    LOL. The idiot that claimed he had inside info. Minnesota would cover...then they lost 58-0.

Great call on the Phillies winning the series 4-1 when it's a five game series.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

looking just like last year for the phils...big crying-towel disapointment

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    For those cardinal backers thinking of taking the cards again today, save your money and it will be like you won.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Anybody taking the cards tonight with lee's playoff history is nuts

Where are all of these Phillies fans that were talking smack saying the Cardinals had no chance?????

It's going to be a series. Philly isn't just going to show up and win. My Cards have some really good hitters. That being said, I'm shocked as hell about how well our bullpen did tonight. That was like a once in a lifetime type of performance out of them.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I love seeing the phils lose. Even if it is only one game this series but its nice. Philly sports teams could be in serious turmoil by next sunday.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I love seeing the phils lose. Even if it is only one game this series but its nice. Philly sports teams could be in serious turmoil by next sunday.
    Agreed. As a huge Cardinals fan, I'm just happy to be in post-season play this year. This isn't one of Larussa's better clubs mainly because we lost Wainwright and our pen sucks.

That being said, Philly fans gave us no respect at all. The Phillies aren't invincible and the Cardinals are now like 7-4 against them this year.

lakerboy

Phillies series price is now -188.
    Points Awarded:

lyon804 gave lakerboy 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Well the unbeatable phils have Roy to save there season.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    Phillies broms
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
    phils sweep
    Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    cards will be fortunate to win 1 game in this series
    Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Lakerboy: You're a top capper but Phillies are the class of the National League. Cards have no chance
    Quote Originally Posted by darkenergy View Post
    Phillies is not Houston LB, Phillies will sweep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    Jesus Christ. Did we not learn our lesson last year in the NLDS? The Central is terrible. Cards' & Brewers' records are inflated from playing 18 each against a shitty division. Phils might sweep like they did the REDS (who everyone was so high on then).

Doc > Lee > Hamels > Next.

Predicting events is difficult for people other than me as well i guess.

Jmdurbz
    Jmdurbz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cardinals always stood a chance with Larussa.. there is a reason why they make it deep in the postseason often... Lets be real its the Phillies series to lose now .. and i don't think they will but who knows

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    its going to game 5 for sure, lmao at guys all over the phillies nut

kbryant24
    kbryant24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody. Phillies is going to win the world series. Leave it that way.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by Jmdurbz View Post
    Cardinals always stood a chance with Larussa.. there is a reason why they make it deep in the postseason often... Lets be real its the Phillies series to lose now .. and i don't think they will but who knows
    La Russa single-handedly lost game 3 for the Cardinals. Walking Ruiz (batting .100 in the series at the time) to get to the 9-hole when Hamels (117 pitches at the time) was 100% being pinch hit for was the most boneheaded move I've seen this postseason. Not pinch hitting for Garcia was okay with me, but intentionally walking the 8-hole hitter with 2 outs to get to a pinch hitter was idiotic.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

GAME 5

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    GAME 5

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Will get to see how much the Phillies ass puckers up now. This is the first must win game the Phillies have played all season. The Cardinals have basically being playing with their backs to the wall for over a month now. In all honesty the Phillies were very fortunate to win game 3. Forget the 3 run PH HR, the Cards still had there chances in the last 3 innings and hit some balls right on the nose right at people with tying and go ahead runs on the bases.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hows things lyon ???

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

It's been clear who the better team has been in this series. Phillies fortunate to be going back home for a game 5.

BigDofBA

As s Cardinals fan, Im pissed we didn't win game 3. That was our game for the taking.

One good pitch with two outs and we are in the NLDS.

Oh well. We have beaten Halladay once in Philly this season. Might as well do it again and really shut up the Philly fans.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Also as a Cards fan, this series should be over. It will be tough winning a game 5 in Philly...

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Will get to see how much the Phillies ass puckers up now. This is the first must win game the Phillies have played all season. The Cardinals have basically being playing with their backs to the wall for over a month now. In all honesty the Phillies were very fortunate to win game 3. Forget the 3 run PH HR, the Cards still had there chances in the last 3 innings and hit some balls right on the nose right at people with tying and go ahead runs on the bases.
    Think about how puckered Motte's ass will be coming into the bottom of the 9th with a one run lead against the mighty Phillies having to face the likes of Rollins, Victorino, Utley, etc with a crowd going crazy. I'd give it 50/50 that he would have poor command and, with the way the Phillies work counts, he starts giving free passes left and right...then it's a snowball. It works both ways.

True, the Cards have been playing with their backs to the wall, and their attitude has been nothing to lose, everything to gain; although, when you get to an elimination game in the playoffs with a hostile crowd, there is pressure and quite a bit to lose.....on both sides.

For the Cards to win, they will have to go through Halladay and Carpenter will have to absolutely shut down Philly to the point where St Louis has a multiple run lead going into the late innings.....much like yesterday.

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Best chance for a dog in these three is the Tigers.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I haven't read any of this thread. Just want to make a clear point on my belief. I think Carpenter isn't mentally ready for this Game 5. HE believes he's ready... I don't. As much as I'd like to see LaRussa beat Philly... he won't. I can't say this will be a Philly blow out -1.5 or not??? But Carpenter won't be his best. I don't think he's even close as the Carpenter 2-3 years ago. He's lacking something... So... I think Philly is the play. LaRussa will stick with that HORSE... even when you should pull him... could be the life and death of Game 5.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Sounds dumb but hitting will win this game not pitching. Cards line up is tough from top to bottom. But I agree if carpenter gets in trouble early and larussa doesnt yank him they will get beat.

BigDofBA

The fact that the Phillies are one loss from elimination already is pretty funny.

Cards should have no pressure.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

The Cardinals are huge underdogs in this game so they will feel like they have nothing to lose here. I think that makes them dangerous.

memo99
    memo99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Roy Halladay is one of the best pitchers EVER! He just hasn't had the chance to prove it in his fine career in the playoffs yet no way Halladay loses game 5 he may even get a hit or 2

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I haven't read any of this thread. Just want to make a clear point on my belief. I think Carpenter isn't mentally ready for this Game 5. HE believes he's ready... I don't. As much as I'd like to see LaRussa beat Philly... he won't. I can't say this will be a Philly blow out -1.5 or not??? But Carpenter won't be his best. I don't think he's even close as the Carpenter 2-3 years ago. He's lacking something... So... I think Philly is the play. LaRussa will stick with that HORSE... even when you should pull him... could be the life and death of Game 5.
    i have a bad feeling abt this game as a cards fan, but what makes u think hes not ready? not like this is his first meaningful start, he has done this before, has doc been in this situation before, not really.

lakerboy

Top of the ninth we go

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call LB. If I wasn't such a homer I would have taken the Cards.

Pauulzcappin

Will Ratzz show up tonight?

lakerboy

I am gonna laugh at alll the phillly guys in this thread all night. Most overrated team of all times. I kept telling philly fans they can't hit but they told me they got pence. Lol. No offense to a couple of my philly pals on here.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    phillies have the big name starters, but struggle to score runs. my cards are peeking at the right time. sure they have a shot. they just need to split the first two.
    i was right for once in my life

Pauulzcappin

and my +2300~ stl tickets to win WS lives on.

got stl, mil (+6500 ) and tex now

First ... 34567 Last