PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by linedrivr View Post
    your splitting hairs in your Yankees edge analysis on offense. Here are the stats where the same case can be made for Texas. Detroit is not far behind in these categories. Either way, all 4 first round series should be competitive and fun to watch. looking forward to it.

TEAM BA
    #1 TEX .283
    #3 DET .277
    #5 STL .273
    #7 NYY .263
    #8 MIL .261
    #15 PHI .253
    #19 AZ .250
    #25 TB .244

TEAM OBP
    #2 NYY .343
    #3 STL .341
    #4 TEX & DET .340
    #10 MIL .325
    #11 PHI .323
    #12 TB & AZ .322

TEAM SLUGGING
    #2 TEX .460
    #3 NYY .444
    #4 DET .434
    #5 MIL & STL .425
    #8 AZ .413
    #13 TB .402
    #17 PHI .395

TEAM OPS
    #2 TEX .800
    #3 NYY .788
    #4 DET .773
    #5 STL .766
    #6 MIL .750
    #9 AZ .736
    #14 TB .724
    #15 PHI .717

TEAM RUNS SCORED
    #2 NYY - 867
    #3 TEX - 855
    #4 DET - 787
    #5 STL - 762
    #9 AZ - 731
    #11 MIL - 721
    #13 PHI - 713
    #15 TB - 707

I didn't split any hairs. In fact, I was pretty straight forward in my analysis. If the Yankees get good starting pitching, they can beat anyone. Phillies, Tigers, anyone.

For Detroit to win, Verlander has to carry them pretty much every time he pitches. He has to win 2 games in every series for them to have a shot at winning. If he loses once, they'll go down.

The Yankees don't really have that problem. If Sabathia doesn't win it doesn't kill them. If you bother to take a look at their respective pitching stats, the Yanks are better statistically.

As a team, the Yankees starting pitching has more wins, lower team era, less earned runs against, lower opponent batting average, and if they have the lead going into the 9th inning, are backed by the greatest closer that ever lived.

Advantage Yankees.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    *off topic*
    I see the Brewers giving Philly fits if it's the Brews/Phils in the NLCS
    I agree the brewcrew will be tough.... Good bats and good pitching.. it is a nice mental advantage that the phills just took 3 of 4 in milw.. also think home feild is big

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Just to avoid confusion, I do not see St. Louis winning this series but I think they'll be competitive.

That being said, anything is possible in short series like this.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I didn't split any hairs. In fact, I was pretty straight forward in my analysis. If the Yankees get good starting pitching, they can beat anyone. Phillies, Tigers, anyone.

For Detroit to win, Verlander has to carry them pretty much every time he pitches. He has to win 2 games in every series for them to have a shot at winning. If he loses once, they'll go down.

The Yankees don't really have that problem. If Sabathia doesn't win it doesn't kill them. If you bother to take a look at their respective pitching stats, the Yanks are better statistically.

As a team, the Yankees starting pitching has more wins, lower team era, less earned runs against, lower opponent batting average, and if they have the lead going into the 9th inning, are backed by the greatest closer that ever lived.

Advantage Yankees.
    sounds good. I wish your Yankees well.

wade1
    wade1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

All Phillies have to do is show up and throw there gloves on the field. This is a no brainer. This was hard for me to say because I don't like team or there fans

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    LOL at those looking at the Season Series, the Phillies didn't care for most of that last series they played the Cards, and for those saying the Phillies were on cruise control, they just swept the Braves in 3 must win games for the Braves on the road. Garcia vs Halladay Jackson vs Lee Carpenter vs Hamels Westbrook/Lohse vs Oswalt
    you act like people are saying they should be favored, i think it will be a good series, cards offense vs phillies pitching should be interesting to watch regardless of whether you think the cards will get swept. and we still went 3-2 without that series so its not like we got dominated, we still won the season series without that last series. and the braves have been shit for a while now, so i don't really care that the phillies swept them (as far as philly's chances are concerned, obviously i cared so we'd get in)

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

No One in their right mind thinks so.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I am a dog bettor too lakerboy but come on cardinals aren't going to win.

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

st louis no fielding no pitching terrible bullpen no chance phillies in 4 then onto the series

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    I am a dog bettor too lakerboy but come on cardinals aren't going to win.
    This is the problem on this site. Just because I asked a question it doesn't mean I assume the cards are winning this series.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

its going to game 5 for sure, lmao at guys all over the phillies nut

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Cardinals are winning this series.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

phillies have the big name starters, but struggle to score runs. my cards are peeking at the right time. sure they have a shot. they just need to split the first two.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    phillies have the big name starters, but struggle to score runs. my cards are peeking at the right time. sure they have a shot. they just need to split the first two.
    Huh? From the tine the phills brought in pence till the time they clinched, the phills led the national league in scoring.. maybe we should say the cards have trouble scoring runs?

....they are the ones battling injury problems to some of their big bats..
    Last edited by dlunc3; 09-29-11 at 06:44 PM.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    And to add to my previous post, peaking at the right time? 4-3 in your last 7 vs the bottom of the league mets cubs and astros, is peaking? You got into the playoffs bc the braves had an epic choke job, in which the phills played a big part of... not bc you guys suddenly got hot and started playing.great baseball. Again, 4-3 vs bottom feeders to end the yr...if you wanna say a team is hot or "peaking" at the right time, maybe you shoukd take a look at these phills that you are talking about who have won 4 straight against what would be a playoff openent if it weren't for the phills "hot" streak, which is actually just how they have been playing all season..

dlunc3

noone loves a homer more then me... but cmon, at least have some sense before making comments about your team

dlunc3

Since the all star break, through September 18th when the phills clinched (basically the phillie team the cards are about to face with Pence in the lineup) , they have averaged 5 runs per game. In that same time span, the cards have averaged 4.5 runs per game...

Hopefully we dont need to hear anymore of this nonsense about the phills bats... maybe we should focus a little more on the cards lack of pitching, or maybe their bats who "struggle to score runs"?

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Since the all star break, through September 18th when the phills clinched (basically the phillie team the cards are about to face with Pence in the lineup) , they have averaged 5 runs per game. In that same time span, the cards have averaged 4.5 runs per game... Hopefully we dont need to hear anymore of this nonsense about the phills bats... maybe we should focus a little more on the cards lack of pitching, or maybe their bats who "struggle to score runs"?
    who gives a fuk abt ur stats. cards beat phillies 6 out of 9 times, find the stats for the 9 games there the ones that matter most

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    who gives a fuk abt ur stats. cards beat phillies 6 out of 9 times, find the stats for the 9 games there the ones that matter most
    your team is getting swept. get over it. it would be a travesty to all of baseball if the best team in the last decade does not win it all this year. would just be bad for the game.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    your team is getting swept. get over it. it would be a travesty to all of baseball if the best team in the last decade does not win it all this year. would just be bad for the game.
    would be embarrassing to lose to a wild card team the clinched on the last day while u guys bought a championship on paper, too bad u have to play games

solid152

would be embarrassing to lose to a wild card team the clinched on the last day while u guys bought a championship on paper, too bad u have to play games
    it would be embarrassing but no philly fan is worried about it cause it won't happen. not with that sorry ass pitching staff the cards are throwing at this lineup.

dlunc3

Have you seen who played in those 9 games buddy? The first two, the phills had no utley pence or victorino.... and the last 2 were when the phills were on vacation and already had everything possible locked up (not to mention without ryan howard).

The other games, when the phills went into stl, they won 10-2 and 4-0 while taking 2 of three..

So yes, lets talk about the games that matter most

Unfortunately for you, this isnt basically a freeroll preseason game anymore, and the phills may actually care this time and play three of their all stars....

Again, why cant you cards boys at least think for once before saying something stupid?

onetrickpony

Have you seen who played in those 9 games buddy? The first two, the phills had no utley pence or victorino.... and the last 2 were when the phills were on vacation and already had everything possible locked up (not to mention without ryan howard). The other games, when the phills went into stl, they won 10-2 and 4-0 while taking 2 of three.. So yes, lets talk about the games that matter most Unfortunately for you, this isnt basically a freeroll preseason game anymore, and the phills may actually care this time and play three of their all stars.... Again, why cant you cards boys at least think for once before saying something stupid?
    Have you seen who played in those 9 games buddy? The first two, the phills had no utley pence or victorino.... and the last 2 were when the phills were on vacation and already had everything possible locked up (not to mention without ryan howard). The other games, when the phills went into stl, they won 10-2 and 4-0 while taking 2 of three.. So yes, lets talk about the games that matter most Unfortunately for you, this isnt basically a freeroll preseason game anymore, and the phills may actually care this time and play three of their all stars.... Again, why cant you cards boys at least think for once before saying something stupid?
    how do u determine whats stupid? what makes it stupid? any team can be beaten, thats not stupid, just cause u bought a championship doesnt mean u will win, players still have to play.

dlunc3

Where did the money come from to buy this team huh? Thats right, playing good baseball and building a good franchise with great fans over the years.... Sorry Stl cant do the same... enjoy being the san diego padres next year after watching your golden boy bail on you

hey, maybe you should be a phills fan... all are welcome, we could use your money next yr to make a run at pujols
    Last edited by dlunc3; 09-29-11 at 07:33 PM.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Na.

They'd have a decent chance if their rotation was set up, Phils mean business.

dlunc3

how do u determine whats stupid? what makes it stupid? any team can be beaten, thats not stupid, just cause u bought a championship doesnt mean u will win, players still have to play.
    im not saying the cards cant win... sure they can, any team can get hot at the right time...

what is stupid is the non sense comments being thrown around by clueless cards fans like..."the phills struggle to score runs"

onetrickpony

Where did the money come from to buy this team huh? Thats right, playing good baseball and building a good franchise with great fans over the years.... Sorry Stl cant afford the same... enjoy being the san diego padres next year after watching your golden boy bail on you
    lets get off topic why dont we. this thread is not abt next yr or the padres dumb phillie fan, u gonna start booing when there in 0-2 hole? trash fans

dlunc3

lets get off topic why dont we. this thread is not abt next yr or the padres dumb phillie fan, u gonna start booing when there in 0-2 hole? trash fans
    off topic? you brought up the issue of buying players... all i pointed out is where that money has come from, and how unfortunately for you, the cards have not done a good enough job to be successful as some other teams have... such as the phills

dlunc3

the fans are the reason the phills can afford these players... maybe you cards fans can learn a thing or two this series

might be a little late though.... but hey, maybe albert will still be wearing red and white next yr (but with a P on the hat )

solid152

the fans are the reason the phills can afford these players... maybe you cards fans can learn a thing or two this series

might be a little late though.... but hey, maybe albert will still be wearing red and white next yr (but with a P on the hat )
    yeah we'll platoon albert and howard. the phillies are printing money down there. we do what we want

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMAO @ all the Cardinals homers who thinks their team actually has a shot at winning this series. Enjoy Pujols for the next 3 games because that's the last you'll see of him in a Cardinals uniform lmfao.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    LMAO @ all the Cardinals homers who thinks their team actually has a shot at winning this series. Enjoy Pujols for the next 3 games because that's the last you'll see of him in a Cardinals uniform lmfao.
    Well shit, why even play the games?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

cards will not be an easy team to beat...will be a great series

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Well shit, why even play the games?
    prob shouldnt, you are right... head for the couch!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

And to add to my previous post, peaking at the right time? 4-3 in your last 7 vs the bottom of the league mets cubs and astros, is peaking? You got into the playoffs bc the braves had an epic choke job, in which the phills played a big part of... not bc you guys suddenly got hot and started playing.great baseball. Again, 4-3 vs bottom feeders to end the yr...if you wanna say a team is hot or "peaking" at the right time, maybe you shoukd take a look at these phills that you are talking about who have won 4 straight against what would be a playoff openent if it weren't for the phills "hot" streak, which is actually just how they have been playing all season..

you're right. phillies will win in 3

First 123456 ... Last