broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

The Phillies had the poorest September (16-14) of the eight postseason teams...they are playing really well. Good thing they played the Braves in the final 3 games so they could be above .500 in september. Who cares how good you were in April.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I want to see the Cards win just to shut up some of you Philly homers

broadway6
    on to the next one

cards went 18-8 in September. They aren't playing well at all.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    The Phillies had the poorest September (16-14) of the eight postseason teams...they are playing really well. Good thing they played the Braves in the final 3 games so they could be above .500 in september. Who cares how good you were in April.
    More retarded comments from the cards boys.... did you forget that the phills clinched on the 18th and then proceeded to lose 8 straight playing their minor league squad? I wouldnt expect a cards fan to pay this much attention though..

And you wanna talk about playing weak competition? you played series vs atl pitt mets cubs astros and phills minor leaguers to end the season...really, you are that proud of getting in by the skin of your teeth bc of this schedule and an epic collapse by the braves??

unfortunately for you, its the big boys turn to play this weekend
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rthoughton

dlunc3

...please dont go hiding under a rock like all the braves faithful have done come tuesday night...

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    I want to see the Cards win just to shut up some of you Philly homers
    at least the philly homers are honest, say it like it is, and have a good team to back up their cockiness.... cards homers are just clueless.. im trying to figure out if they even understand the rules of baseball

broadway6
    on to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

More retarded comments from the cards boys.... did you forget that the phills clinched on the 18th and then proceeded to lose 8 straight playing their minor league squad? I wouldnt expect a cards fan to pay this much attention though..

And you wanna talk about playing weak competition? you played series vs atl pitt mets cubs astros and phills minor leaguers to end the season...really, you are that proud of getting in by the skin of your teeth bc of this schedule and an epic collapse by the braves??

no cardinals fan thought we were making the playoffs. we played like bitches all year. but we had a nice september, got some luck, and now have a chance to make some noise. Isn't that what the Giants did last year?

dlunc3

not really, the giants won with great defense, great starting pitching, and a great bull pen... the recipe for success in baseball...

oh well, maybe the cards will introduce a new recipe..

bol

broadway6
    on to the next one

not really, the giants won with great defense, great starting pitching, and a great bull pen... the recipe for success in baseball...

oh well, maybe the cards will introduce a new recipe..

bol

good points...sometimes a bad team can get hot and beat better teams. i guess we will find out.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Howard didn't play in 2 of the 4 games. I guess that means the Cardinals were playing a AAA ballclub.

Wainwright has been out all year so if you lose to our AAA ballclub, you will never hear the end of it.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Howard didn't play in 2 of the 4 games. I guess that means the Cardinals were playing a AAA ballclub.

Wainwright has been out all year so if you lose to our AAA ballclub, you will never hear the end of it.
    the phills didnt give two shits when they played the cards, the whole world knows that... but hey, i dont blame you... grab on to any hope you can, you will need it

bol

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

laughing my ass off at all these philly fans thinking they are invincible..heard all this bullshit last year when my giants handed them their ass...although the cards dont have near the pitching the giants have this is baseball and anything is possible...the giants "soft" hitting as philly fan said last year had no chance of hitting the great roy halladay, cole hamels and roy oswalt but we all saw how that turned out...i dont give a shit who wins this series but for those of you that try and argue with a philly fan you might as well forget it..as far as they are concerned they have already won it all

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by MidgetTossers View Post
    laughing my ass off at all these philly fans thinking they are invincible..heard all this bullshit last year when my giants handed them their ass...although the cards dont have near the pitching the giants have this is baseball and anything is possible...the giants "soft" hitting as philly fan said last year had no chance of hitting the great roy halladay, cole hamels and roy oswalt but we all saw how that turned out...i dont give a shit who wins this series but for those of you that try and argue with a philly fan you might as well forget it..as far as they are concerned they have already won it all
    hey is your couch comfortable?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Do you go to phils games?

dlunc3

yea, ill prob make it to 1 game per series... usually the fans are blurred out when the games are nationally televised... if not, ill bring a big sign for you guys. Every time a lefty is up, you will see my ugly mug in the background

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i strongly doubt the Cardinals win this series... but hey anything is possible and the Cardinals bats are hot.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Feel good about your Fluke team that can't even make it to the playoffs anymore.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

LOL
    Cards rotation set: Lohse, Jackson, Carpenter, Garcia.

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

phillies phans are stupid. just read a few posts in this thread to prove it.

dlunc3

wow herky, no posts in 3 months... all that time off to come back with that gem of a post? you must be a braves fan huh?

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    Feel good about your Fluke team that can't even make it to the playoffs anymore.
    I am pretty sure the Phillies would have traded this years playoff spot for last years ring

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Is everyone forgetting the cards beat the phillies 6 out of 9 this year?

Cards win 4-2

this was classic

solid152
    solid152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    I am pretty sure the Phillies would have traded this years playoff spot for last years ring
    I am pretty sure you're wrong. Did you forget the Phillies won it all 3 years ago?

tim0402
    Update your status
    tim0402's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

pitching wins playoff baseball remember that

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

The phillies fans are way too confident for a playoff series, that said the phillies are a good team, i don't think anybody is saying they're not to be honest. Fact is philly is favored and should be, they have great pitching which is huge in the playoffs. The Cards have some momentum on their side though and you have to like their hitting if you know anything about the team, lohse has been great of late too (without looking at numbers) and its not like we were everybody's pick in '06 either. I'm just lookin forward to some playoff baseball, which I did not expect to see for us a month ago

gamble

Quote Originally Posted by solid152 View Post
    I am pretty sure you're wrong. Did you forget the Phillies won it all 3 years ago?
    i hope you aren't serious

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

i agree with this guy 100%...

MidgetTossers
    MidgetTossers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

dont be surprised or start crying when david freese or skip schumaker go "cody ross" on your boy halladay.........

gamble

dont be surprised or start crying when david freese or skip schumaker go "cody ross" on your boy halladay.........
    david freese is the man, also if you guys noticed the cards players yelling torty during their celebration check out allen craig's pet turtle on twitter, pretty funny stuff

Jedi Mind Picks
    Jedi Mind Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Yeah Phillies are a lock to go to the World Series just like last year when... wait... oops, they blew it!!!

Alot can happen in october and I expect a couple of suprises this year as well.
    I wont be putting a Dime on Phillies.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BookiesBernanke View Post
    I am pretty sure the Giants would have traded 1 ring for 1 ring, 5 division titles, another WS appearance, most wins in Baseball the last 2 seasons, and being favorites to win the WS this year.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Picks View Post
    Yeah Phillies are a lock to go to the World Series just like last year when... wait... oops, they blew it!!!

Alot can happen in october and I expect a couple of suprises this year as well.
    I wont be putting a Dime on Phillies.
    No one is lock to ever win anything, but the Phillies proved in a LONG regular season to be head and shoulders above every other team.

Some people on this board are so ignorant and equate a Baseball Season to be something like the Football Season and it is not.

CrimsonQueen
    CrimsonQueen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1660

Phillies have the best road record this year.
    Phillies won the most games this year, (and that's with a stretch at the end that they played minor leaguer's, but that doesn't even need to be mentioned, because they STILL won more games than anyone else)
    Phillies have a 63% winning average; no other team has even a 60% winning average.
    Only the Brewers have a better home record this year, but they also have a LOSING road record.
    If you wanna talk "hot" teams, only Texas and Tampa (neither teams are in the NL) have a bigger W-streak right now.

People are so stupid who think that the Phillies losing a bunch of games at the end makes them any less of a team. They already clinched WAY before most teams, so why not rest your good players?

Of course anyone can win a 5 games series. If it was a 7 game series, I'd bet big on the Phils. But in a 5 game series, I'll sit back and watch

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    only 3 teams have a chance in these playoffs

phillies, yankees, and cards

winner here goes to the world series
    I think World Series is Phillies vs. TEXAS myself. I think Phillies win but there is no value on betting them. Texas +270 to win AL might be OK.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

NL Central is the worst division in baseball. 18 games against the 3 worst teams on earth.
    This is a no contest series.
    This debate is foolery.

First 1234567 Last