rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    why do i believe a senator who was hired by congress to investigate cheney's connections to haliburton on his findings? oh i dont know.... because cheney has never denied it even though hes been on numerous shows denying everything else? has never sued for libel? has never been proven to be a lie?

if haliburton would pay his salary no matter what even if gone bankrupt why did cheney take out an insurance policy, you retard?????

you are so incredibly stupid.
    Wait, so a senator says someone said something, and I have to prove he's lying?!? Why doesn't he have to prove it was said?!?

And he didn't take out an insurance policy, genius.

A Halliburton pay statement dated Jan 2, 2001 shows just under $147,579 was paid that day as "elect defrl payou," meaning payout of salary from the company's Elective Deferral Plan. That was salary Cheney had earned in 1999, but which he had chosen previously to receive in five installments spread over five years.

Another pay statement dated Jan. 18 shows $1,451,398 was paid that day under the company's "Incentive Plan C" for senior executives. That was Cheney's incentive compensation --bonus money --paid on the basis of the company's performance in 2000. Cheney had formally resigned from the company the previous September to campaign full time, but the amount of his bonus couldn't be calculated until the full year's financial results were known.

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_ad_fa...lliburton.html

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Wait, so a senator says someone said something, and I have to prove he's lying?!? Why doesn't he have to prove it was said?!?

And he didn't take out an insurance policy, genius.

http://www.factcheck.org/kerry_ad_fa...lliburton.html

so the senator fabricated his report just to defame cheney? why? because he hates his guts so much that he would jeopardize his career, his standing within congress, and even perjury???? he proved it as fact when he submitted the findings and took an oath to tell the truth. has cheney ever taken an oath before testifying? of course not. he even refused to do it in front of the 9/11 commission.

plus why hasn't cheney or his lawyer sued him for libel if it's untrue? he has yet to even deny it. what you don't seem to get is that if this senator hated his guts so much, why would he help him by stating that he wouldn't take a tax deduction? this only helped cheney... .well, until he went back on it and took a tax deduction using a loophole in a legislation that was passed to help katrina victims. what a scumbag.

from your own link:

On the other hand, there is a possibility that if the company went bankrupt it would be unable to pay. That raises the theoretical possibility of a conflict of interest -- if the public interest somehow demanded that Cheney take action that would hurt Halliburton it could conceivably end up costing him money personally. So to insulate himself from that possible conflict, Cheney purchased an insurance policy (which cost him $14,903) that promises to pay him all the deferred compensation that Halliburton owes him even if the company goes bust and refuses to pay. The policy does contain escape clauses allowing the insurance company to refuse payment in the unlikely events that Cheney files a claim resulting "directly or indirectly" from a change in law or regulation, or from a "prepackaged" bankruptcy in which creditors agree on terms prior to filing. But otherwise it ensures Cheney will get what Halliburton owes him should it go under.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Maher is an example of what happens to kids who are ugly and little and get picked last in gym class every day. PLEASE, you don't have to pick them first or even 2nd, but don't pick them last. The long term effects can be devastating.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Wow you political guys are too much.
    I think Maher is knowledgeable about most of the hot political topics and offers a great comedic twist.
    I never understood why there are those of you who get so worked up and spend so much time researching affairs that we have absolutely 0 control over.
    You guys should start up a real serious debate about god when you're done discussing politics.
    Im sure it will be a real productive\ fact filled conversation, very similar to the topic currently being discussed in this thread.

rsnnh12

so the senator fabricated his report just to defame cheney? why? because he hates his guts so much that he would jeopardize his career, his standing within congress, and even perjury???? he proved it as fact when he submitted the findings and took an oath to tell the truth. has cheney ever taken an oath before testifying? of course not. he even refused to do it in front of the 9/11 commission.

plus why hasn't cheney or his lawyer sued him for libel if it's untrue? he has yet to even deny it. what you don't seem to get is that if this senator hated his guts so much, why would he help him by stating that he wouldn't take a tax deduction? this only helped cheney... .well, until he went back on it and took a tax deduction using a loophole in a legislation that was passed to help katrina victims. what a scumbag.

from your own link:

On the other hand, there is a possibility that if the company went bankrupt it would be unable to pay. That raises the theoretical possibility of a conflict of interest -- if the public interest somehow demanded that Cheney take action that would hurt Halliburton it could conceivably end up costing him money personally. So to insulate himself from that possible conflict, Cheney purchased an insurance policy (which cost him $14,903) that promises to pay him all the deferred compensation that Halliburton owes him even if the company goes bust and refuses to pay. The policy does contain escape clauses allowing the insurance company to refuse payment in the unlikely events that Cheney files a claim resulting "directly or indirectly" from a change in law or regulation, or from a "prepackaged" bankruptcy in which creditors agree on terms prior to filing. But otherwise it ensures Cheney will get what Halliburton owes him should it go under.

My apologies, I thought you were saying he was getting those payments as insurance payments. My fault, I misread what you said.

The fact that he did take a small insurance policy proves my point though... why bother taking one out if he was just going to ensure Halliburton got the no-bids?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Maher used to be good when he started out. But he is so one sided now, he sounds like the guys from FOX. He probably ran towards where the money is just like everyone else on TV.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    Provide a link from any neutral source which indicates the democratic party came out and publicly opposed any of the above. If you can't or won't, then your entire post is meaningless.

Before the financial bubble burst, republicans including President Bush and John McCain warned over and over again about the problem while democrats including Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank countered back that there was no problem and that Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac were doing perfectly fine.

I can easily provide proof of this.

You have the nerve to pin something like this on the republicans?

I still remember Jimmy Carter chirping about how everyone in America should be homeowners.
    Dear Andy. I respect you're fighting for a party you believe in, because you're likely a millionaire or will be some day. I realize Fox has you covered, man... It's cool.
    *rolls eyes*
    Bush's 'dream act' and the current people (at the time) RUNNING Fanny/Freddie were playing by the wall street games to keep themselves viable, you have to understand the fundamentals of what started it all, but again, FOX has you covered. They talked about Countrywide ALL the time... Or not.
    Do you know them? No? Then have a piss.

FM/FM's leadship sucked HORRIBLY, but MOST people sold securities to them because they believed they were 'government backed', which is why they went the way of MANY firms. They all lost their shit with bundled crap loans (who said a 20% loan compounded after the first year was a good loan? Do the f'n math, most Amercians cannot - blame lack of f'n money in our schools FFS). It's why banks got mauled and why AIG SHOULD be out of business insuring them. When I see ONE f'n Republican person say that AIG should be out of business, that party MIGHT be credible again - with their awesome economic theory, and all... But sorry, I'm not a Dem, but the current Republican knucklehead has 0 idea about AIG or why they were f'd and why the world's financial system is f'd. Good thing ALL the Republicans bring that knowledge to the table. Oh wait, it doesn't deal with Jesus or Guns.... Or KEEPING government outta our lives!!! OMFG. Wake the F up. Reps/Dems did what they did to protect the wealthy. If they spent the money that bailout they did on AIG on American Homeowners, MOST Americans would have their own home for free (at the cost of those that are responsible, which is a small percentage).

As far as Freddie/Fannie go, they are on the shoulders of their CEOs. If you read about the climate, at the time, and what they did - they did the same FRIGGIN thing as everyone else, but wall street believed they were 'government backed'. I'd LOVE to go to vegas and play a slot and be backed by the government. Just trying to set the state for truth. It's ok, I have a LOT of time to read and read and read. Facts=truth. Just follow the facts, that's journalism 101.

In fact, I've seen 0 Millionaires on SBR talk up about AIG and their bailout. Of COURSE it's Obama's fault. He's the president, with ALL REPUBLICAN BILLIONAIRES talking in his ear. Sorry, Obama is a sucker for bailing out AIG. The Republicans ALWAYS go to Dodd (corrupt, sorry, I _DID_ vote for him whilst in CT, as well as Lieberman) and Barney Franks over all this crap. It's their best weapon of mass distraction.

Yes, congress had a lot to do with this? LOL. Look at all the former Goldman people running your fed, treasury, etc. All Republican, all richer than rich. And you vote for these people? I didn't when I voted for Obama. You see, Dems are no better than Republicans. Both are bought and paid for by corporations that own it all. Our best weapon?
    #1 shop at independant shops
    #2 go to vote and vote none of the above, or don't choose a candidate.
    That's what I do.

The CURRENT Republican Party is the most corrupt party of all time with the best PR machine the world has ever seen, whilst the Democratic Party is the most spineless party that is ALSO purchased and paid for, but does throw bones at us punters, at least. At least they want to give us punters healthcare after sucking off the insurance companies.

Just sayin, if you're really into Jesus, good for you. When you have nothing and vote (R), then you deserve to have nothing. I'm white, my family didn't come here against their will.. They came here to make money. You can't make money vs a machine that destroys competition and 2 parties that will do EVERYTHING they can to make sure you don't, unless you're a genious and invent the pet rock - i hear that guy made a million dollars.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Furthermore, if you believe Bill Maher is a mouthpiece for the 'left', then, you're not paying attention. Bill Maher is to the far RIGHT, but the "Right" has gone soooo far off the deep end, it don't matter. Remember Barry Goldwater and more Libertarian principles in government? Sorry, all you knuckleheads on the (R) tip have no idea about anything. Nor do you you have any idea about freedom. The (R) took away more freedoms and grew the government since Reagen more than ANY President in history. If you want to shout out about anything, go yell at them.

Also, the Supreme Court is firmly correct on MANY constitutional rights right now, I mean, if you follow their rulings, like the Heller one a lil bit back. But you have to consider, they also ruled the corportations have free speech (without the consquences of say you or myself littering). I am a HUGE believer in the 2nd Amendment and the 1st, however, giving powers to an entity driven by profit over moral responsibility? Just saying, Your guns are safe for a long time. Jesus is safe for a long time. Freedom, however, is dying. Keep voting (R) or (D)... We ALL lose in the end. It's just the (R) side wants to kill it all faster and not give human rights, in spite of our advances in medicine.. It's all about cheap labor that we can exploit in the US. No one gives a toss about your rights when they open a plant - they ship it to places where they pay pennies on your dollar. Keep voting (R), their primary neocon goal is to protect the 1 percernt whilst the dems just want to get re-elected again by their punters.

We're on SBR, do the math. If you're not, then that's why we get free money from the site, and I thank you.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

When I see ONE f'n Republican person say that AIG should be out of business, that party MIGHT be credible again - with their awesome economic theory, and all.
    McBain, AIG should be out of business and most conservatives feel exactly the same way. You are confusing republicans with conservatives as they are no longer one and the same.

The TARP program was our country's biggest mistake (even worse than Social Security and Medicare).

I pay an extraordinary amount in taxes each year and I don't like what EITHER party does with my money. I vote republican because they believe in taking less of it. Its just that simple.
    If they spent the money that bailout they did on AIG on American Homeowners, MOST Americans would have their own home for free (at the cost of those that are responsible, which is a small percentage).
    There is no reason why homeowners (who got in over their heads during the real estate boom) should be rewarded for poor decision making. I put down $150K on my house and I'm still $100K underwater but its a decision I made and you should NOT have to pay the bill for my poor decisions.

The U.S. needs to handle foreclosures the way Spain does:
    When Spanish mortgage debtors cannot make their payments, Spanish law denies them two ways out that are common elsewhere: they cannot simply hand the keys back to the bank and walk away, and they cannot discharge their debt in bankruptcy. They remain personally liable for the full amount of the loan after foreclosure, and when penalty and interest charges and tens of thousands of dollars in court fees are counted, they can end up on the street facing a mountain of debt.
    Yes, congress had a lot to do with this? LOL. Look at all the former Goldman people running your fed, treasury, etc. All Republican, all richer than rich. And you vote for these people? I didn't when I voted for Obama. You see, Dems are no better than Republicans. Both are bought and paid for by corporations that own it all. Our best weapon?
    #1 shop at independant shops
    #2 go to vote and vote none of the above, or don't choose a candidate.
    That's what I do.
    I agree with all of this.
    Bill Maher is to the far RIGHT
    This I don't agree with.

Click on the link below and spend 5 minutes watching it and you'll see the kind of politician we need running this country:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...143541158.html

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Maher = on point.

Amazing what a little sanity can do for a country like it does for him.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

another burial.

rsnnh12

Oh look, Maher being a tool... this is new

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    another burial.
    That was funny...So in the closet

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Its ok, I love the other tools too, hannity, levin, beck, limbaugh.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Its ok, I love the other tools too, hannity, levin, beck, limbaugh.
    At least you like the idiots on both sides, I'll give you credit for that

ACoochy

If the truth means being a tool then he must have a full shed

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Yeah... truth...

ACoochy

Yeah... truth...
    Well at least on that one occasion...

rsnnh12

Well at least on that one occasion...
    He ruined any chance at truth when he implied Obamacare would be cheaper than the current system. Our current system is far from perfect, but its certainly better than Obama's idea.

ACoochy

He ruined any chance at truth when he implied Obamacare would be cheaper than the current system. Our current system is far from perfect, but its certainly better than Obama's idea.
    Not really into the social characters/commentators of US politics but what he said there seemed to make sense. I mean y is it that socialism is such a bad word when so many ppl are reliant upon/implement elements of public discourse that are socialistic in nature

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Bill maher is certainly an expert at tearing up some assholes.
    yeah, he's bisexual but doesn't want the media to let it out.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    Everyones going off about how Maher is hateful/stupid/ridiculous but not a word about the witch sitting next to him. You know, the lady that said Jews need to be perfected, and the one who defended George Bush's SAT score of 600. Maher may be a nutjob but he pails in comparison to Coulter.
    Bush's SAT was over 1200.....w/o a doubt higher than Obama's.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

the dot com boom/bust had no significance to the economy whatsoever. you neokooks love to claim the dot com bust cost millions of jobs and created the 2001 recession but it didnt.
    what in inbred lunatic

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Why would anyone care what Bill Maher says or thinks? Has he even gotten off the ground from worshiping the courage of the 9/11 terrorists yet? The sight of his face makes me want to puke.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

I believe he said that they were not cowards. If I am correct, he is right. I think he said it takes balls to do what they did. He is right. I hate them, you hate them, and the world hates them but I believe BM comments are true. Those aholes believe they are in a war, so in their mind they can kill anybody they please that is the enemy. How far away from reality is that? All countries do the same, even the US. We call the pilot of the Enola Gay a hero many Japanese do not. We killed innocent people too, that is what happens in war.

They are animals we all know that but they do have balls.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Dude,

that's Kid from Kid N' Play.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Dude,

that's Kid from Kid N' Play.

I am not sure what this means. Does it mean he is gay? Many of us do not consider that a mortal sin, some of you that aren't too bright do. Who cares who he screws, or for that matter who Cheney's daughter screws. But social conservatives care just like they cared during prohibition, how did that work out?

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    Dude, that's Kid from Kid N' Play.
    Not according to Bronxer. EVERYTHING TMZ says is the truth

The Madcap

I mean y is it that socialism is such a bad word when so many ppl are reliant upon/implement elements of public discourse that are socialistic in nature
    Because it's a con. No one is reliant on socialism. They only think they are. If it wasn't there, they would find a way.

Socialism is a bad word because it imprisons the human spirit.

It has and will always be man's nature to strive for more. He will be told he is limited in what he is capable, and he will set out to prove such limitations wrong. And it doesn't matter if it is something as inconceivably majestic as landing on the moon, or something on a sweeping social scale such as the black man in America fighting for equality, or something small and individualistic such as a bench warmer trying extra hard in practice to show the coaches he's ready to play in the game, whenever a man is told he can't, a fire will ignite in his soul to prove he can.

And the idea of socialism, the idea that the individual should be held to a limit, that one should be forced to sacrifice his own creations to serve those who have not yet developed the will of their own to try, this idea is a prison which shackles the human spirit, which tells them they are not worthy, they are undeserving, and what they are capable of conceiving should be dismissed and held back so those without vision don't fall behind. And the American people will never stand for this. That's why they fight it. They don't want to be limited. They don't want to be told what they are or aren't capable of. They don't want to be told they need the government to survive. They don't want to be told other people need the government to survive. And they sure as shit don't want to be told they will have to fund the government to provide this survival.

All the American people want from the government is to be protected from foreign invaders so they can sleep peacefully in their beds, to have the streets kept free of criminals so they can walk them safely at night, and be given the freedom to pursue their dreams. Some people living in this country, who have American citizenship, see things differently. They want to be provided for. They want others to provide for them. They are "Americans" in name, but they lack the American spirit. And that's why the politicians who pander to these spiritless drones are so often referred to as "anti-American," because it is anti-American to want to be limited. It is anti-American to want to be told what to do, or what one is capable of. It is anti-American and against the human spirit to deny a man the right to conceive his own future and to try and prevent him from achieving it. But socialism does that. Socialism teaches us not to dream, but to accept. Not to strive, but to settle. Socialism teaches us to find the path of least resistance, and that path never leads in the direction freedom. The human spirit will always long to be free, and that is why the human spirit will always fight socialism.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    I am not sure what this means. Does it mean he is gay? Many of us do not consider that a mortal sin, some of you that aren't too bright do. Who cares who he screws, or for that matter who Cheney's daughter screws. But social conservatives care just like they cared during prohibition, how did that work out?
    I don't give a shit about the gay crap, I'm just saying, dude, that's Kid from Kid N' Play.

The Madcap

Not according to Bronxer. EVERYTHING TMZ says is the truth
    Here some photos, you tell me....

http://www.billboard.com/news/kid-in...05309952.story

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kid+n...:429,r:30,s:47

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=kid+n...47&tx=34&ty=66

I'm telling you dude, that's the guy from Kid N Play. Minus the afro.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Year after year democratic/socialistic countries lead the pack in resident happiness. Forbes recently did a study and I believe 5 of the top 10 had this type of government. US was tenth. I wonder what these residents would have to say about how bad socialism is? Denmark was number one and is always in the top 5, along with Sweden and Norway. A mix of capitalism and socialism in proper percentages is the answer. However, every single economic system is socialistic.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

america also has more than 30 times the population of those countries so there is no comparison to be made.

First ... 34567 Last