Login Search

Bill Maher tearing the far right a new a-hole.....

Last Post

I think the point of his argument is that the Republican can give a toss about most of their voters. By making people think that jesus will get banned from this country or that someone is going to take away their jobs or someone will force them to work in a concentration camp... Yep, it's the party that's lost the plot and ignores the well being of 95% of their base with faux issues. Yep, it's the party that is in favor of not allowing workers rights. Of course if workers can't sue their employers or collectively bargain, then they can make more jobs! Wrong. The Democrats are in the pocket of the corporations and rich, also. Both parties can go f themselves. The reality is, though, now that the teabagger party was highjacked by the christian right, there's really no other party left. The crazies and 'truthers' are mauling the libertarian party, as well. Crap, they had a crooked former Republican run on their ticket last go around. They've gone off the rails.

So what Bill is saying that the lesser of 2 evils is not considered by people that are voting for a Party that has done nothing but strip away freedoms, bend over to special interest and corporations looking to rape/pillage the land, grow the government, MAUL the deficit and try to create an environment of 'too big to fail' for their donors. The typical american citizen isn't being served by either party, but one party is blatenty f'n them and playing on their ignorance and fear - and bombarding them with the greatest PR machine the world has ever seen. Bill is spot on in his argument.

Also, Maher is far more libertarian than Democrat. If the Democrats were the worst of 2 parties of f'n over the average citizen to beneift the elite, he would attack them. He is one of Obama's toughest critics, as well as the Senate (which he thinks should be abolished). You can't always paint people and use the term 'smug'. If anything, to call someone smug, you're being smug. And I'm being smug. It's a cliche'd argument about Maher. I bet if you traced it's cliche'd origin, it would be with some right wing knucklehead that is talking out of their ass. You don't think O'Reilly isn't smug? You don't think anyone in the arena isn't smug? Party affiliation/philosiphy seems to cloud that judgement.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

suicidekings gave McBa1n 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Maher is an idiot. Tax-cuts for the rich in any facet are the least of our problems and even though it should be corrected it will not solve anything.

The facts are out there on which side got us in the mess and which side tried to fix it before it was too late.

Also which side countered the $60B in spending cuts with an offer of cutting $6B...

They both are full of puppets but its obvious which side is ruining this country.
Last edited by brooks85; 07-12-11 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
the doofus also believes ben stein is a great economist cause he has a degree from columbia. the same idiot who famously proclaimed subprime mortgage crisis would blow over and encouraged people to buy homes while real economists were sounding the alarm.

You talking about Ben Stein or Ben Bernanke?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
You talking about Ben Stein or Ben Bernanke?
ben stein.

This whole subprime mortgage mess is just an excuse for the gunslingers and river boat gamblers on Wall Street to use their tricks to move markets and make money. The economy is still very strong.

But this will all blow over and the people who buy now, in due time, will be glad they did.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2581859.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
The Senior Economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Fran disagrees with you (as does everyone else)

http://www.frbsf.org/publications/ec...el2003-17.html

"The seeds for the subsequent drop in investment were actually sown during the boom years of the late 1990s"

"Much of the surge in business investment during the late 1990s was linked to computers and information technology. During these years, measured productivity growth picked up, inflation remained low, and the unemployment rate declined. Such observations were often cited as evidence of a permanent structural change-one that portended faster trend growth in the years ahead. Widespread belief in the so-called "new economy" caused investors to bid up stock prices to unprecedented levels relative to earnings (see Lansing 2002). It is now clear that the investment boom of the late 1990s was overdone"

You can admit you were wrong, its ok, we all can see it
Why are you ignoring this, crusty?

Cmon, I want to hear your response. I want to hear your argument that shows the dotcom boom and bust had no effect on the economy and thatt it didn't cause the 2001 recession.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
Why are you ignoring this, crusty?

Cmon, I want to hear your response. I want to hear your argument that shows the dotcom boom and bust had no effect on the economy and thatt it didn't cause the 2001 recession.

greenspan hiking interest rates throughout 2000 was the major cause of the recession not the dot com bust. when he finally lowered interest rates in 2001, it was too late.

if dot com bust was as catatrophic as you neocons claim, gnp would not have grown for another whole year after as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
greenspan hiking interest rates throughout 2000 was the major cause of the recession not the dot com bust. when he finally lowered interest rates in 2001, it was too late.

if dot com bust was as catatrophic as you neocons claim, gnp would not have grown for another whole year after as it did.
Source that, please. I want to see who is blaming the recession solely on interest rates.

And I agree that interest rates did play a big part, but the dot com bust was much bigger