LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

I am really torn up over the Ranger fan falling to his death

I wish I never looked, but I did and I did again. I then told myself I didn't want to see it anymore, but watched it again. Why?, why do we do this as human's. Why did Fox Sports have to film this. being 35 years old and a father of three, I broke down crying in my office while watching this. I have had bad dreams for two straight nights also. It just so happens my Girls were out of town when this happen Thursday night. When I came home Friday after work and seen their smiling faces I hugged them so hard, they said "DAD!!!!! I CANT BREATH!".

Maybe if the fan was drunk, I might not care as much, maybe if his kid wasn't there I would care as much. I do not know what it is exactly, but I am an emotional wreck from this. I have seen death in all forms in my 10 years as a cop. I have seen Suicide, Execution, Electrocution, Overdose, Vehicle Accident, Natural Death all up close and personal. This was the worse by far for me. Is it because it brings me back to my childhood as a kid being at the park with my dad, I do not know.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys, I needed to get it off my chest. I tried to explain it to my wife and she just doesn't get it. Is it because MY HUGE LOVE (Maybe to much) for Sports?

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jenny Stone and her son Cooper Stone. I also wish Youtube and Espn and Fox Sports would remove and burn that video for ever.

Life is short and cruel, live your life and love your kids.

God Bless

Matt
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 7 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1, InTheDrink, secretstash, BigDaddy, Bigmikesm, Mr. Lucky, and WvGambler

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Great post, i figured he must have been a drunk, but he wasn't so i feel very sorry for them. Nice to see the Rangers starting a fund for the family that they seeded.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

your right matt ,and the hurt never goes away .. lifes harder than most people think it is

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Great post. Thankfully I did not watch it.

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

ya i gotta say some of my best memories of being a kid is at the ballpark with my dad.....

i honestly think i would have been traumatized for life if that had happened to me

poor kid

i hope someone looks out for him

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Hang in there man... say a Rosary. Find peace in prayer.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

lv im right there with ya bud. im a father of a 2 year and a 1 week old. kills me to see something like this. im not shamed to admit that i too cried when hearing about this.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

sad...he really wanted that ball for his kid

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

better him than you

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That had to be one of worst incidents of all times at a baseball game because of little kid watching it all

Horrific

JW Cash
    JW Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is affecting me the more I think about it..May he RIP and prayers go out to his family.....

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I dont understand why it matters if he was drunk. A person that gets drunk doesn't deserve sympathy? It wasn't like he did something that a sober person would not do.

What if he was drunk? "hey kid sorry about your dad, but you know he should n't have been drinking" Is that it?

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah... my heart dropped once I read that the dad said "Please take care of my son, he's all alone up there" or something along those lines after he fell and lied on the ground.

RIP good father.

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

LVBOUND...I also have 3 kids and this was about the worst thing I have ever seen. I am not sure why but it is so hard to watch, worst than a car accident or something equally as horrific. Dude, I am with you. I cried also when I saw this. I couldn't stop. I think it is because a father/son were enjoying something so innocent and it turned out to be horrific. I feel for his family and for his son especially. Man, this is so sad.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the guy caught the ball on the way down too.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

im surprised more people dont fall

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

There's worst ways fathers die, than falling 20 ft LV, it's a sad story, but he did it to himself....

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I agree tt, with a little forward momentum, a tall man with a high center of gravity will flip right over a low railing like in some stadiums.

There must be an architechtural standard that these stadiums meet. Any architects on SBR?

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    I wish I never looked, but I did and I did again. I then told myself I didn't want to see it anymore, but watched it again. Why?, why do we do this as human's. Why did Fox Sports have to film this. being 35 years old and a father of three, I broke down crying in my office while watching this. I have had bad dreams for two straight nights also. It just so happens my Girls were out of town when this happen Thursday night. When I came home Friday after work and seen their smiling faces I hugged them so hard, they said "DAD!!!!! I CANT BREATH!".

Maybe if the fan was drunk, I might not care as much, maybe if his kid wasn't there I would care as much. I do not know what it is exactly, but I am an emotional wreck from this. I have seen death in all forms in my 10 years as a cop. I have seen Suicide, Execution, Electrocution, Overdose, Vehicle Accident, Natural Death all up close and personal. This was the worse by far for me. Is it because it brings me back to my childhood as a kid being at the park with my dad, I do not know.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys, I needed to get it off my chest. I tried to explain it to my wife and she just doesn't get it. Is it because MY HUGE LOVE (Maybe to much) for Sports?

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jenny Stone and her son Cooper Stone. I also wish Youtube and Espn and Fox Sports would remove and burn that video for ever.

Life is short and cruel, live your life and love your kids.

God Bless

Matt
    I respect this. The past couple of days I have seen so many wannabe comedians trying to make wisecracks about this incident and it's so tacky and tasteless.

Regardless of how senseless any death is there is usually someone who loses a loved one.

Much respect LV.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice post LV. I think your post sums up nicely how many people are feeling right now. Thanks for sharing. Time eventually heals all.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Pew View Post
    Yeah... my heart dropped once I read that the dad said "Please take care of my son, he's all alone up there" or something along those lines after he fell and lied on the ground.

RIP good father.
    I lost it when I saw that. Also saw some comments by Ziegler of the A's about being right in the middle of it. Absolutely terrible. So sad.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I knew you would feel like this, LV. I certainly found it terrible as well.

It's been a rough week, between this and the Casey Anthony deal.....I've found it hard to remain upbeat.

Funny thing is......stuff like this never used to affect me. Not until I had a kid of my own.

I think the guys who make the dumb comments about tragedies like this most likely have no idea what it's like to be totally & completely in love with someone. The way you are with your girls, and I am with mine.

Good luck, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

you are not alone. this too has traumatized me the last 48 hrs. poor kid. he sees his dad die right in front of him.. and he died for him to try and get him that ball.. the kid will be screwed up for life. i too went to games with my dad when i was young, and if i saw my dad die before my eyes, i don't know what i would've done. and when dad said watch my son, a tear fell from my eye. he was a great dad and the poor kid once again. poor josh too. he must feel responsible..

i am predicting this kid will be now living the life.. of course it won't bring his dad back, but i predict josh will treat him like a son, give him autographed balls, bats, gloves, let him in the clubhouse., etc.. i am also sure his hero was josh hamilton.. which kid doesn't like him. plus he was in LF probably there for him... i am sure rangers team will give him VIP seats for the whole season, hang out at practices with players. they might even take him on roadtrips with the team.. Even George Bush will shake his hand and talk to him. they will try to make his life easier as the days go on. it must be so rough for that poor kid..

i wish i never saw that vid too.. very painful.. imagine how that kid felt seeing his father land head first on the cement and then yelling... daaaaaaaaaaad... dadddddddddddddddy!!!!! and then finding out your daddy is dead...wow.. that hurts.

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Tough story to swallow being a dad myself. Every father wants to catch a ball for his kid when he brings them to a game. It's a very sad story.

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

pray for hamilton, he's the guy that will have to re-live it every single time he throws a ball into the stands now..

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

quality post my friend

-stash

biggamerife21
    biggamerife21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2053

classy and respectful post sir.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a tragic thing that happened. If you are really upset about it then try not to think about it so much.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respect your post but men die everyday..I am not downplaying this one bit but why not cry for the men in Irag and Afghanistan who die and lose limbs daily while they protect s?

I felt worse for the little girl who got killed by the hockey puck

hopefully josh hamilton will throw his family a bone..It wont bring him back bt it will help in the future

God Bless his family!

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Great post. Thankfully I did not watch it.
    totally, not into watching or looking at things like that...

poloyol
    poloyol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

U know what pisses me off.....the ball was actually being easily caught from the guy sitting beside him!!!Why the F*CK did he try to lean over and snatch it from him!!!!Im sure that the guy with the glove would have given him the ball to give to his kid!!!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    I respect your post but men die everyday..I am not downplaying this one bit but why not cry for the men in Irag and Afghanistan who die and lose limbs daily while they protect s?

I felt worse for the little girl who got killed by the hockey puck

hopefully josh hamilton will throw his family a bone..It wont bring him back bt it will help in the future

God Bless his family!
    I agree...the military folks live on a different plain.....but players throw balls into the stands every game everyday....it such a freak thing that happened to the guy, truly a shame....I just hope his son somehow can live a great life

thisisit

I truly hope that this isn't going to change the game like they did in the NHL when that person died from getting hit by a puck so they put that netting everywhere! are they going to put the rails up to our chests now so we won't fall? Im sure someone somewhere is looking into that. Just like the joker who was sliding down the guardrail at the ball game lost his balance, fell, and died! Do we get rid of the rails?

thisisit

"All of us at Major League Baseball are shocked and saddened over the tragic death of Mr. Stone last evening. Our thoughts and prayers are with his son and his entire family. Major League Baseball has the utmost sensitivity to the safety of all the fans that come to our ballparks. Our players are encouraged to be fan-friendly and we will carefully review this incident with our clubs to continue to ensure a safe environment for our fans."

See just what i said they are going to review what? They have been throwing balls to the crowd for decades, but now it needs reviewed! BULLSHIT!

12 Last