lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Leo Messi will amount to nothing for Argentina on the big stage

Kid cant do anything for his country. So useless. He is a byproduct of the talent barca has. He never has and will never perform for his country. Argentina have 6 midgets playing soccer with talents that belong on a high school pitch. no country has wasted more talent the last 20 years than this nation. I hope they dont go thru at home.
    Last edited by lakerboy; 07-06-11 at 09:44 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You tell them lakerboy! Europe has surpassed South America in talent. Remember who went to the final in last year's WC.

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

So much potential..but just struggle HARD

lakerboy

it really pisses me off because i am a big argentina supporter. nation has no soccer niche anymore. zero coaching and the stupid idea of having 8 strikers all 5 feet 3 inches.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17549

they try to copy Barca style just to explore best of Leo Messi.....HUGE mistake. You can't learn them play like this with a 2-week training camp. barca has been developing this shitty play style for years.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

argentina fuked m,e again tonight dammit

I hope bolivia wins the damn group

I would love to see argentina not get past the group stage of this tourney which can happen if they dont win their last game

this tourney is in argentina and they look like shiyt

los cafeteros nearly beat their asses tonight and the loss once again cost me 4 parlay legs like when they tied bolivia

i hate these muthers tonight

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expected better from you, lakerboy. I know you have a bit of clue about footy. If you can't play to Leo's strengths, how the fukk do you expect him to play well? Or if you just depend on Leo, then you can't fukking expect him to do everything.

At the WC, the lad had 3 assists and one shot that hit the post and Gonzalo scored on the rebound. Play to his strengths and he'll tear the opposition apart.

And I would love to hear the "6 talent-less midgets who should play for high school" are.

You obviously lost money on Argentina today and are ranting without any reason.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

it isn't messi it is the coach. They have all of their elite players playing out of positions they feel comfortable in. It's like running on NBA team with the PG playing center and the center playing PG. The coach is the only problem, Argentina is stacked.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

SoV....I bet him to be top scorer in world cup

he played like shit and was a key reason argentina did not fare as well as expected

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    it isn't messi it is the coach. They have all of their elite players playing out of positions they feel comfortable in. It's like running on NBA team with the PG playing center and the center playing PG. The coach is the only problem, Argentina is stacked.
    stacked..Im beginning to believe they are just plain over rated..Bolivia nearly beat them for crist sake..columbia played them even as the score indicated

the proff is in the results y los albi y celestes me partieron el culo otravez hoy conyo!!

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post

he played like shit and was a key reason argentina did not fare as well as expected
    SS, you need to understand that Messi will not be the out and out striker like at Barcelona. Both Maradona and current Argentina coach are playing Messi deeper than he is used to, which means he is more of a creator than the attacker. At Barcelona, Iniesta and Xavi do the job of the creator. Messi can do that very well too but the other strikers for Argentina have been piss poor for their country.

In addition, Messi does the donkey work in attack for Argentina, which Pedro does at Barca.

So you're really expecting Messi to track back and win the ball, create chances and score them for Argentina. I know he's amazing, but nobody is that good.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

He didn't play like shit.

Diego Maradona just doesn't know how to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post

Scottish
    Scottish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Its the way they use him, their formation is far to rigid so its alot easier to mark him.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

The coaches are nothing but idiots. They don't know how to form a good team. Not playing Di Maria is stupid. Quit starting Tevez. Its a freaking mess.

lakerboy

Why was lavezzi playing again?

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

kinda silly top make a comment like this about the best player in the world.
    I understand the frustrating result and agree the team hasnt looked good but a statement like this is way off base.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    He didn't play like shit.

Diego Maradona just doesn't know how to manage.
    pay more attention

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

Messi still is the best player on earth. The problem with argentina is the pressure he has on his shoulders.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

All these "top" players play like shit on the big stage. Messi, rooney, ronaldo, etc.

It's easy to pile on stats against bum teams in league play.

Everyone knows only very few teams have a chance to win a league title the rest are just fillers.

Imagine MLB having Yankees, Redsox, Philies, Cardinals then rest Triple A, Double A and single A teams.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    All these "top" players play like shit on the big stage. Messi, rooney, ronaldo, etc. It's easy to pile on stats against bum teams in league play. Everyone knows only very few teams have a chance to win a league title the rest are just fillers. Imagine MLB having Yankees, Redsox, Philies, Cardinals then rest Triple A, Double A and single A teams.
    Did you watch the euro league championship game that was just played a month or 2 ago?
    Messi dominated the game for Barce and Rooney was clearly the best player for Manchester United.
    This whole thread is stupid and getting worse.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Did you watch the euro league championship game that was just played a month or 2 ago?
    Messi dominated the game for Barce and Rooney was clearly the best player for Manchester United.
    This whole thread is stupid and getting worse.
    When they dominate the world cup, let me know.

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

For like nine months, people play with their club teams. All of a sudden, everyone is supposed to get on the same page. Instantly. It doesn't work like that. Having said that, Argentina has underperformed terribly so far compared to their level of talent.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are some problems with this guy Messi!

1) People in Argentina (most of all press) and in the world wants to think that Messi is Maradona!

He's not, wont be and not even close.

Right now even Argentinian fans call him "Pecho frio" "Cold chest" cause he doesn't feel the colors of Argentina.

He's not a leader as Maradona was. Maradona was a guy that would leave his life on the field while Messi can even barely carry himself.

2) Messi is the "best player on the world" with Barca. With the system they have, with Xavi and Iniesta.

Messi withouth those 2 guys is not as good. He is still good but he wont manage a team. In Barca those 3 lead the team. In Argentina just Messi should try to do it and as I said he has not the balls to do that big job.

3) The Argentinian coach is a piece of crap. I thought Maradona was a mess a a coach and wont see any worse, I was wrong, Batista is a joke of a coach.
    They guy can't change the scheme, he saw first game the team played like crap and he made just 1 change to the whole team.
    Yesterday he had on the field
    Cambiasso - Mascherano - Banega.
    A joke of a midfield while in the bench he had Pastore, the only guy who can play in a midflied and create some game for the Forwards.
    The guy uses Gaby Milito (not even starter in Barca) yesterday the guy almost costed them a goal, 2nd central defender Burdisso same sh*t.

And most unreal change I've seen so far, they guy made a change he sent in Gago??? WTF??? Gago has been the whole fvcking season on Madrid's bench and Batista wants him to be the guy who will create football?

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

well it just shows you how good iniesta and xavi are in the middle supplying him

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messie is a ******* loser.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

The coach is the problem, this team had the best chance to win a WC in 2006 With stupid pekerman. That game aganist germany I'll never forget in OT he brought on Cruz instead of messi or tevez. They lost in pen shots, then the fight happen.. but its all coaching.
    THey put out 5 fu\8king fowards out ther wwith big heads who all try to be the hero. You can't play them all bc they play the same position. Di Maria a starter in Real Madrid isn't with this team.. come on

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I have always believed that Messi got his D*&% sucked way too early in his career . He does have a lot of talent but is very overrated IMO . He won an under (I think 20) world cup title with Argentina , actually it was handed to them on a BS penalty (i believe they got two penalties in that final vs Nigeria and that was really a big part of winning . Barca is the best team on the planet so its easy to see why his resume is so decorated . SoV , I think you try too hard to make excuses for him , great players are great players regardless of whether or not they are playing "deeper" than they are used to . Maybe he becomes great ! but I am not one that thinks he should wear that crown yet and certainly will not make any excuses for him being a bust ...

ManOfValue

Quote Originally Posted by p3re View Post
    Messi still is the best player on earth. The problem with argentina is the pressure he has on his shoulders.
    Should he not have gotten over this pressure on his shoulders after the last world cup brother ? What would it take then for him to get the monkey off his back ?

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Cambiasso - Mascherano - Banega
    This is the main problem with Argentina, not Messi. It also hurts them to play Lavezzi.

ManOfValue

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    There are some problems with this guy Messi!

1) People in Argentina (most of all press) and in the world wants to think that Messi is Maradona!

He's not, wont be and not even close.

Right now even Argentinian fans call him "Pecho frio" "Cold chest" cause he doesn't feel the colors of Argentina.

He's not a leader as Maradona was. Maradona was a guy that would leave his life on the field while Messi can even barely carry himself.

2) Messi is the "best player on the world" with Barca. With the system they have, with Xavi and Iniesta.

Messi withouth those 2 guys is not as good. He is still good but he wont manage a team. In Barca those 3 lead the team. In Argentina just Messi should try to do it and as I said he has not the balls to do that big job.

3) The Argentinian coach is a piece of crap. I thought Maradona was a mess a a coach and wont see any worse, I was wrong, Batista is a joke of a coach.
    They guy can't change the scheme, he saw first game the team played like crap and he made just 1 change to the whole team.
    Yesterday he had on the field
    Cambiasso - Mascherano - Banega.
    A joke of a midfield while in the bench he had Pastore, the only guy who can play in a midflied and create some game for the Forwards.
    The guy uses Gaby Milito (not even starter in Barca) yesterday the guy almost costed them a goal, 2nd central defender Burdisso same sh*t.

And most unreal change I've seen so far, they guy made a change he sent in Gago??? WTF??? Gago has been the whole fvcking season on Madrid's bench and Batista wants him to be the guy who will create football?

Well Said ...

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You tell them lakerboy! Europe has surpassed South America in talent. Remember who went to the final in last year's WC.
    Not at all , South America is Argentina , Brazil and maybe Uruguay and Chile , Europe has 7 or 8 top soccer nations , and still south america comes out with a new star all the time

k13

Quote Originally Posted by isles71 View Post
    For like nine months, people play with their club teams. All of a sudden, everyone is supposed to get on the same page. Instantly. It doesn't work like that. Having said that, Argentina has underperformed terribly so far compared to their level of talent.
    Klose always shows up even when he sucks at club level.

They play qualifying matches together, if you are a great player you should have no excuses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

PeePee
    PeePee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 247

Coaching issue.....

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Klose old ass is a perfect example of a top player. **** this Best Player in The World shit with Messie. ANY player can get strapped up!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Kid cant do anything for his country. So useless. He is a byproduct of the talent barca has. He never has and will never perform for his country. Argentina have 6 midgets playing soccer with talents that belong on a high school pitch. no country has wasted more talent the last 20 years than this nation. I hope they dont go thru at home.
    I agree Laker....Argentina has better guys coming off the bench and don't even make the team that some countries put on the pitch as their starting lineup. The only US guy who possibly might make the bench for Argentina is Landon Donovan....and that's a stretch. But when it comes to the big stage they shrink faster than jj Gold in 38 degree water.

1234 ... Last