BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL steve, I am on the other side of this one though. Castro will be a huge loss for the cougs! He leads the team in rebounds, blocks, and is the second leading scorer on the team. Without him Northwestern will run the clock down and back door cut the hell out of them, and once they stop that Nwestern will start hitting three's. Northwestern can play with anyone including Ohio State.... this game will be very close and N'western could win it outright if they are on from 3pt range tonight. I would be careful about hammering Wash. State after losing such a critical player. I have seen Northwestern play many times this year and they will keep it close tonight and that is why I am hammering Northwestern +4.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    Better than u going down on Sammy
    How ever did you come to that conclusion. The guy has bad picks. Piss off, this dispute does not involve you, you homo.

jashtonrich
    im back
    jashtonrich's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4929

that sucks or should i say blows for was st

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Casto's charges are being dropped since the police searched the apartment unlawfully...so does he play or not? up to the coach i guess

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    Casto's charges are being dropped since the police searched the apartment unlawfully...so does he play or not? up to the coach i guess
    The exclusionary rule does not apply to coaching decisions. Casto was rollin a fatty.

richyrich8478
    richyrich8478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

dunno which way i am gonna go on this one but good luck anyway...win that money

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

VERY interesting.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Were on the same side. Best of luck to both of us!

CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Where did you see that? If the story is true and happened the way I understood it, the police had probable cause thus allowing them to search legally.

samgurt

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonCock View Post
    Where did you see that? If the story is true and happened the way I understood it, the police had probable cause thus allowing them to search legally.
    I just saw other people commenting on it on espn. Who knows if it's true but doesn't really matter. He's not gonna play

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Doesn't it seem a little strange that although he has now been cleared to play, and the public is on WSU, the line is hanging at 4?

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

He's playing

PULLMAN, Wash. (AP)—Washington State’s DeAngelo Casto will be allowed to play when Washington State takes on Northwestern in the quarterfinals of the NIT on Wednesday evening.

Athletic director Bill Moos said new information has prompted him to lift the suspension that was imposed on Casto on Tuesday after he was cited for marijuana possession.

“In reviewing new information that has been brought to my attention, I am removing DeAngelo’s suspension effective immediately,” Moos said. He did not detail the new information.

Moos said there are unique circumstances in this case and the best path is to allow the legal system to run its course before the team takes any additional action.

Washington State (21-12) hosts Northwestern (20-13), and the winner will advance to the semifinals in New York. Casto, who averages 12 points and nearly seven rebounds per game, is Washington State’s top inside player.

“We appreciate that (Moos) is going to allow everything to be looked at,” said Tim Esser, attorney for Casto, who has predicted the case will be dismissed.

Casto pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Whitman County District Court.

Casto is the third prominent basketball player on the WSU team to be suspended this season after being cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession. Leading scorer Klay Thompson and point guard Reggie Moore earlier served one-game suspensions.

The latest incident began early Tuesday, after WSU’s win over Oklahoma State in the second round of the NIT.

A Pullman police officer was on foot patrol near an apartment complex, and noticed a screen had been removed from an apartment window. As he approached, he said he saw a man inside the apartment who appeared to be rolling a marijuana cigarette, police said.

The officer smelled marijuana when Casto answered the door, police said. Police said Casto acknowledged using the drug and handed over a small amount to the officer.

Later Tuesday, Casto was cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

The charges typically involve sentences of one day in jail and a fine that usually ranges between $250 and $500.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Doesn't it seem a little strange that although he has now been cleared to play, and the public is on WSU, the line is hanging at 4?
    Who cares?

BigTenBets10

Line is hanging at 4 because that is what the line should be regardless of if castro is playing or not. I am making a small play on Northwestern even though he is playing. I still think NW can still hang with WSU even if castro is playing. NW will make this a close game, if I am wrong bash me all you want for my opinion. I have watched both teams play several games this season, even saw NW live in Evanston almost beat Ohio State at home. This is going to be a slow methodical game for NWestern.... If they shoot well from 3 they could pull off the upset.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by BigTenBets10 View Post
    Line is hanging at 4 because that is what the line should be regardless of if castro is playing or not. I am making a small play on Northwestern even though he is playing. I still think NW can still hang with WSU even if castro is playing. NW will make this a close game, if I am wrong bash me all you want for my opinion. I have watched both teams play several games this season, even saw NW live in Evanston almost beat Ohio State at home. This is going to be a slow methodical game for NWestern.... If they shoot well from 3 they could pull off the upset.
    I disagree. I think Casto playing gives a BIG boost to WSU. He's their only big strong guy inside and he will be tough to guard

BigTenBets10

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    I disagree. I think Casto playing gives a BIG boost to WSU. He's their only big strong guy inside and he will be tough to guard
    So is Jared Sullinger but it didn't bother Northwestern this season. Just my personal opinion, we shall see though. If Northwestern doesn't shoot the ball well tonight they don't have a chance, if they shoot 38% from 3 point range tonight they will make it a very close game. They will grind the clock down on every possession, they will frustrate WSU with their style of offense. Just watch

Kobe
    Kobe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

I just made a HUGE play on WSU -4. Lock this shit up. Time to make some bank and watch the cash flow.

Kobe

This BigTenBets10 guy has no idea what the **** he is talking about. In one post he says "Castro will be a huge loss for the cougs!" and another he says "Line is hanging at 4 because that is what the line should be regardless of if castro is playing or not." Make up your god damn mind dude. You sound like you are just talking out of your ass.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    This BigTenBets10 guy has no idea what the **** he is talking about. In one post he says "Castro will be a huge loss for the cougs!" and another he says "Line is hanging at 4 because that is what the line should be regardless of if castro is playing or not." Make up your god damn mind dude. You sound like you are just talking out of your ass.

Kobe

And for the record, it's Deangelo CASTO mother rooster_eater. Get that shit right. Go Cougs!

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

NW moneyline has good value +165

BigTenBets10

Kobe, not going to start a crap talking fest on here with you. Take my opinion for what it is worth and agree or disagree. Excuse my use of the name castro instead of casto.... must have been a slip of the mind, with some other cuban by the name. Refer to my original thread on this subject. I made my pick based on the info that Casto was not playing, but I am still confident of my pick regardless of him playing tonight. Northwestern will keep this game close. I did make up my mind, I made my opinion clear and stated that there is a clear reason why the line didn't change even when it was clear that Casto is playing.

I am not talking out of my ass, simply making my opinion from a guy who watches a lot of Big Ten basketball. So bash me, that is fine. I will not stoop down to your level. This is an NCAA handicapping forum not a high school sports trash talking forum. So we can leave it at that, respect our own individual opinions or you can continue to trash me and act like a child. Best of luck to you Kobe! hope you win some money tonight betting against Northwestern. I only wish the best to everyone on this forum and hope we all help one another to beat the books and win money. If you aren't for that, then you might as well not be involved in this forum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: samgurt

TwampSix
    SEATTLE
    TwampSix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Lets go Cougs!! 1H -2 -105

samgurt

terrible start to the 2nd...northwestern won't miss

Kobe

The Cougs suck. Congrats BigTen, you are a genius. I hope you won your $10 bet.

samgurt

NU isn't even playing good defense...WSU just can't make ANYTHING! missing tons of layups

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I agree with this pick, this pick is the pick to end all picks.

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

give me an update

samgurt

tied with 4 sec left, wsu ball

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

whose ball now? 1 sec left

samgurt

Foul called. 2 shots!!!! Make 1!!!!!

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

Overtime yet?

samgurt

time may have been out tho! shit!

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO

personal foul?

samgurt

he's white....whiteys are usually good at FTs! just a matter of whether or not he shoots

First 1234 Last