azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

I think the leg was all a disguise of his real injury..a bloody elbow!

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2117

Quote Originally Posted by Brian891 View Post
    Bob, not sure why u feel the need to defend him, but i respect your opinion. yeah he came back in 2nd half. for one series. which he blew 40 yd line field position for. do u think if he fought the coaches and docs to get back in they wouldve said no? i doubt it. but u could tell just by his demeanor he was done and had given up. no crutches after game. no treatment during 2nd half. stood up on sidelines after he was pulled,which im pretty sure is a no-no on a serious tear. even mark schlereth, who had like a million serious knee surgeries, basically called him a puss and said u have to play.
    "As a guy who had 20 knee surgeries you'd have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!" he was playing badly, missing throws, and getting hit all day. so he quit. we see it all the time. only reason its so glaring is it was nfc championship game. even lovie came out today and said it was a sprain and he would have been "questionable" for SB, not out, so his own coach gave a tepid defense. the guy has been called arrogant and petulant by teammates from both bears and broncs. any way u slice it he let his team down. before he got hurt he didnt exactly light it up sunday. 8 punts and a pick in 1st half of biggest game of his life. not all on him, but he had a lot to do with it. hanie came in with same offensive line and played better with a stripped down playbook. cutler is a better version of jp losman and no more. he deserves the no heart and quitter rep until he proves otherwise.
    Mark Schlereth is not Jay Cutler and Mark Schlereth didn't play QB. If you want to go by what others have said then the Dr. for ESPN said he understands Cutler coming out and it's certainly not an injury you want to play on the same day.

Yes, I believe Lovie and the Doctors would have said no because they DID say no. It was their decision and listening to the Bears beat writer on the radio right now he said Cutler was visibly upset about being taken out of the game but that didn't change Lovie's mind.

You can't seriously compare Cutler and Losman. 4 of 5 Cutler's years have been better than Losman's best year. Is Losman even in the league anymore? Cutler had a pretty good year for the talent he had around him.

The radio is also listing guys with the same injury who left the game and were out anywhere from 2-8 weeks. Guys like Jacobs, Moreno, Polamalu, Tomlinson, Ward, and others.

How about this from a couple years ago...

"Pittsburgh Steeler wider receiver Hines Ward left the AFC Championship game Sunday night with a sprained MCL in his right knee. Team officials passed through the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

that Ward is expected to play in the Super Bowl."

So a guy in Ward who some will say is the toughest WR in the NFL does the same thing Cutler does and nobody cares. Cutler does it and he's a soft, untough, pussy. How does that make sense?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-15-16 at 03:22 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Bob Loblaw

Now being reported a Grade 2 tear. They say it's a 3-4 week injury.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

this guy will come back just like he has always done, he is tough and will work over and above to be the best qb in the nfl. it is in his genes.

orangeheaven
    orangeheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should have pulled him out earlier, id rather have heine play than umotivated POS cutler.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12545

Quote Originally Posted by RITZ View Post
    Let's see what the orthopedic doctor exam report states. Does anyone really believe the Bears thought they would have a better chance to win with Collins than Cutler in the game and they pulled him or does it seem a knee injury is the better explanation. Be real now. By the way I had the Bears today and it was a game they lost in 1st half by being dominated by GB/hate to say it but it's fact.
    Hey POSTERS FROM YESTERDAY QUESTIONING CUTLER YOU ALL JUMPED TO CONCLUSIONS!
    MRI showed MCL injury//like I said above any questions guys?

mattyend33
    mattyend33's Avatar Become A Pro!

He just looked like he didnt want to play on sidelines....

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Whoever says cutler is not tough is a fukkin moron
    He got sacked 50+ times this year way more then any QB
    obviously the guy wanted to play and it wasn't his choice to get taken out
    I swear some people are fukkin clueless

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

where are all the pouncey is a sissy threads? he only hurt his ankle.

what a wimp he cant get in there and hike the ball to the QB....pussy

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Mark Schlereth is not Jay Cutler and Mark Schlereth didn't play QB. If you want to go by what others have said then the Dr. for ESPN said he understands Cutler coming out and it's certainly not an injury you want to play on the same day.

Yes, I believe Lovie and the Doctors would have said no because they DID say no. It was their decision and listening to the Bears beat writer on the radio right now he said Cutler was visibly upset about being taken out of the game but that didn't change Lovie's mind.

You can't seriously compare Cutler and Losman. 4 of 5 Cutler's years have been better than Losman's best year. Is Losman even in the league anymore? Cutler had a pretty good year for the talent he had around him.

The radio is also listing guys with the same injury who left the game and were out anywhere from 2-8 weeks. Guys like Jacobs, Moreno, Polamalu, Tomlinson, Ward, and others.

How about this from a couple years ago...

"Pittsburgh Steeler wider receiver Hines Ward left the AFC Championship game Sunday night with a sprained MCL in his right knee. Team officials passed through the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

that Ward is expected to play in the Super Bowl."

So a guy in Ward who some will say is the toughest WR in the NFL does the same thing Cutler does and nobody cares. Cutler does it and he's a soft, untough, pussy. How does that make sense?
    Of course it doesn't. The explanations are:

1. First and foremost, the media and some others didn't like him already because he's not quotable and not "media friendly", so they were ready to jump on anything.
    2. He had played poorly in the first half.
    3. The Bears lost the game.
    4. He wasn't limping on the sidelines or on crutches (really only goes to show that he didn't feel the need to fake anything. If he wanted to fake it, he could have grabbed some crutches or worn a brace or whatever).

The most unreal thing is all the NFL players who tweeted bullshit from their couches. Karma can be a bitch, just wait til their on the other side. And they're entering a labor agreement as a union and then they're going to turn on one of their fellow players like that? I think I know how these negotiations are gonna turn out. NFL got some dim bulbs in their ranks.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-15-16 at 03:22 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    By the way Cutler sprained his ACL. It didn't rupture or anything but as you could see Bears played better without him so it doesn't matter he is a pussy.
    Exactly. It was a sprain!!!

By the way, with all this going on, the team doctor is going to make it as bad as possible to get people to lay off him and that's what they came up with. A sprain.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

he is a great player

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mattyend33 View Post
    He just looked like he didnt want to play on sidelines....
    They had already told him he wasn't gonna play and then once Hanie came in both he and Collins were officially ineligible no matter what. Prior to that he had lobbied the coaches to stay in. At least that's my understanding. Unless you are on the sidelines, you really can't know.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey, someone just reminded me that the so-called toughest receiver in the NFL Hines Ward left an AFC Championship game with an MCL sprain - Grade 1....and then played 2 weeks later in the Super Bowl. Seems that Cutler's knee injury was worse.

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you can ******* stand on the sideline you can ******* throw a pass.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tcmoody99 View Post
    If you can ******* stand on the sideline you can ******* throw a pass.
    Then why did Hines Ward leave in the 2nd quarter of the AFC Champ. game with a Grade 1 MCL sprain?

Being QB is more than just throwing a pass. You're going to lead a 4th quarter comeback you gotta be able to run. Especially with Cutler he's gotta be able to evade the rush. If he can't run, cut or plant he's a sitting duck to say the very least and pulling him was 100% the right decision. The only bad decision was that they had the wrong guy listed as the backup.

ttom12
    ttom12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did ANY of the Cutler Bashers watch this football game? The guy couldn't plant his foot to make a throw...he short hopped a receiver from about 7 yards......very funny

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    where are all the pouncey is a sissy threads? he only hurt his ankle.

what a wimp he cant get in there and hike the ball to the QB....pussy
    He was on crutches on the sidelines, he at least appeared injured. If Cutler was on crutches instead of walking around and riding the bike, the perception of him might have been different.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

The criticism of Cutler here on SBR is a perfect example of why so many people lose when gambling. They just don't see the world at it is, but rather as they want it to be.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't waste your time arguing with idiots who are looking for losing bet blame/in the end they keep repeating themselves even though they are wrong. Bottom line the Bears had no chance with Cutler out and it was due to injury not anything but injury./period//

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

obvious difference between cutler and ward is that the latter is a receiver who needs to run, cut, pivot and without those he is useless. a qb doesnt need to run. cutler could have played in a shotgun the rest of the game.

and the fact that rivers played an entire game with a torn acl just adds fire to cutlers lack of heart/toughness.

before anyone accuses me of being a hater, ive been cutlers biggest supporter for years. but you have to admit what happened has tarnished his legacy forever regardless of whether he couldve played with a knee brace or not.

same thing happened to tomlinson when he took himself out couple years ago in the conf championships so no one is immune to the same criticism.

for cutlers sake i hope his mcl is torn otherwise he will never shake this label.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

QB is the most high profile position and right or wrong the QB is always gonna get the lion's share of the praise or the blame.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Yesterday after the game everyone jumped on "he was not hurt at all" turned out as I said it would those people were WRONG! today "not hurt enough" is the fall back position! give it up.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by RITZ View Post
    Yesterday after the game everyone jumped on "he was not hurt at all" turned out as I said it would those people were WRONG! today "not hurt enough" is the fall back position! give it up.
    2nd degree sprain of the MCL is really not THAT bad. As said before, QBs have played w broken legs (Leftwich, McNabb) and no ACL (Rivers). He could have pulled it off if he wanted to, but I don't blame him for not playing.

He won't win any awards for heart, that's for sure

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    obvious difference between cutler and ward is that the latter is a receiver who needs to run, cut, pivot and without those he is useless. a qb doesnt need to run. cutler could have played in a shotgun the rest of the game.

and the fact that rivers played an entire game with a torn acl just adds fire to cutlers lack of heart/toughness.

before anyone accuses me of being a hater, ive been cutlers biggest supporter for years. but you have to admit what happened has tarnished his legacy forever regardless of whether he couldve played with a knee brace or not.

same thing happened to tomlinson when he took himself out couple years ago in the conf championships so no one is immune to the same criticism.

for cutlers sake i hope his mcl is torn otherwise he will never shake this label.
    You don't think the QB at least needs to be able to move around the pocket? Really?

And didn't Billy V. finish the game when Rivers suffered the knee injury and River only came back a week later and AFTER getting the proper brace to stabilize the joint?

Ehh, facts, who needs 'em?

Bob Loblaw

Cutler can not just stand there. Have you seen that offensive line he has? Have you seen the mediocre receivers he has? He needs time back there and he needs to be able to move otherwise it would have gotten worse than the Giants game. Even if he could just stand there, he can't plant. There is a reason he short hopped Hester 10 yards away.

I love you people bringing up Rivers. You do realize that a week before that AFC Championship game he left the Divisional playoff game and didn't return while watching Billy Volek play from behind in the 4th quarter? So which is it, is he tough as nails or is he a pussy like Cutler? You can't have it both ways.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

a qb doesnt cut or turn on a dime like a receiver has to get open. the qb can stand in the pocket without mobility and be effective, just look at marino for gawd sakes. a snail had more mobility.

a torn acl doesnt repair itself. it never gets better without surgery. so who cares if rivers had a week? it was in the same condition as when he tore it. the fact that he still played speaks volumes especially when the bears claim cutler would have been out for the sb with what seems like a less severe injury.

again i am a cutler supporter but he did not help himself with how he handled the situation. the riding the bike, walking around and standing are all things you dont do if your knee is that painful and injured. someone should have handed him some crutches and there wouldnt be this doubt.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    He was on crutches on the sidelines, he at least appeared injured. If Cutler was on crutches instead of walking around and riding the bike, the perception of him might have been different.
    he must really be a pussy using crutches after a sprained ankle while cutler was trying to get back in the game by testing it riding a bike. cutler tried and pouncey just pussed out all he does is hike a ball. almost cost his team the game with that safety.

are maybe these people calling culter a wuss are just idiots that only need some kind of visual perception of an injury for there to be an actual injury. culter's real mistake was not to get crutches to look hurt apparently.

CarloTwoGuns
    CarloTwoGuns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Who cares .. My pats didnt make it ;[

Bob Loblaw

a qb doesnt cut or turn on a dime like a receiver has to get open. the qb can stand in the pocket without mobility and be effective, just look at marino for gawd sakes. a snail had more mobility.

a torn acl doesnt repair itself. it never gets better without surgery. so who cares if rivers had a week? it was in the same condition as when he tore it. the fact that he still played speaks volumes especially when the bears claim cutler would have been out for the sb with what seems like a less severe injury.

again i am a cutler supporter but he did not help himself with how he handled the situation. the riding the bike, walking around and standing are all things you dont do if your knee is that painful and injured. someone should have handed him some crutches and there wouldnt be this doubt.
    But there isn't a doubt. He has a Grade II MCL Tear. He was injured.

And again, Cutler does need to move and cut to get away from the pressure he is consistently under. And again, he couldn't plant even if he wasn't under pressure (which we all know wouldn't be the case).

And Rivers did have surgery before that game...“It wasn’t real extensive, but I mean, really that was the only way I would have had a chance to play by doing that on Monday,”-Rivers.
    Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 01-24-11 at 06:25 PM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

rivers had surgery before the game? i doubt that considering it takes min 9 months to recover from it including months of bed rest.

i remember rivers playing in that game and he lacked lateral mobility but was still mobile. with a knee brace you can even play basketball which is harder on the knee due to all the pivoting and turning. like i said i was able to play a couple days after tearing mine.

if he were in pain he should have stayed on the bench instead of riding a bike, walking and standing for long periods because people in real pain do not do those things. i know when i tore mine it hurt to walk and stand. no way would i have been riding a bike either.

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO

[QUOTE=rsnnh 2nd degree sprain of the MCL is really not THAT bad."
    from not hurt to this?

ok Dr Rsnnh

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    But there isn't a doubt. He has a Grade II MCL Tear. He was injured. And again, Cutler does need to move and cut to get away from the pressure he is consistently under. And again, he couldn't plant even if he wasn't under pressure (which we all know wouldn't be the case). And Rivers did have surgery before that game...“It wasn’t real extensive, but I mean, really that was the only way I would have had a chance to play by doing that on Monday,”-Rivers.
    rivers had surgery before the game? i doubt that considering it takes min 9 months to recover from it including months of bed rest. i remember rivers playing in that game and he lacked lateral mobility but was still mobile. with a knee brace you can even play basketball which is harder on the knee due to all the pivoting and turning. like i said i was able to play a couple days after tearing mine. if he were in pain he should have stayed on the bench instead of riding a bike, walking and standing for long periods because people in real pain do not do those things. i know when i tore mine it hurt to walk and stand. no way would i have been riding a bike either.
    Again. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant. The world is how it is, not how you want it to be.

Bob Loblaw

rivers had surgery before the game? i doubt that considering it takes min 9 months to recover from it including months of bed rest.

i remember rivers playing in that game and he lacked lateral mobility but was still mobile. with a knee brace you can even play basketball which is harder on the knee due to all the pivoting and turning. like i said i was able to play a couple days after tearing mine.

if he were in pain he should have stayed on the bench instead of riding a bike, walking and standing for long periods because people in real pain do not do those things. i know when i tore mine it hurt to walk and stand. no way would i have been riding a bike either.
    I quoted Rivers admitting to having surgery the next day and admitting that was the only way he was going to play in that game. It wasn't the full blown ACL surgery, he did that later, but it was surgery nonetheless and it was the reason he was able to play the next week while not being able to finish the previous week.

Walking and standing aren't the same as playing quarterback.

Grade II MCL Tear
    Grade II injuries are also considered incomplete tears of the MCL. These patients may complain of instability when attempting to cut or pivot. The pain and swelling is more significant, and usually a period of 3-4 weeks of rest is necessary.

Why do you think that wouldn't be painful? Cutler went out and tried to play when the doctors and trainers told him he shouldn't. He was then pulled by the coaches and was said to be seen visibly upset by that move. Shouldn't he be commended for that rather than ripped apart?

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO

Jgray-Loblaw- defense rests on your well stated and proven case of facts- the jury is in and and the verdict reads "Cutler was injured and could not play."
    Judge Ritz

First ... 345678 Last