Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    the point is there's no doctor in the world that would ever tell an injured player to suit up and play. it goes against their morals & ethics and not to mention open them up to lawsuits if the player suffers a career or life threatening injury because of their advice. plus the suspension of their license.

so which doctor(s) told rivers to go ahead and play with a torn acl? ummmm none. he chose to go against doctors advice because he knew his team needed him and because hes a tough sob. if he can play with a far worse injury then why couldnt cutler? and yeah rivers was sitting down and not riding a stationary bike or walking around cause he was actually seriously injured.

so had sd won 3-0 over pats, rivers didnt inspire his team to victory since only touchdowns count? lol the fact of the matter is he inspired the team to stay within a fg for 3 quarters against a team that would eventually go 18-0.

i think the fact you compared cutler to hines ward is nuttier. a receiver is only as effective as their ability to run, cut and change directions. if they are hobbled in any way they are useless. a qb can hobble but can still make plays with his arm.

the knee brace i wore was recommended by my doctor because he knew he couldnt stop me from continuing to play and i never got reinjured while wearing one. i know tons of people that have no acls or mcls yet can ball thanks to knee braces. maybe cutler shouldve tried it instead of throwing in the towel.

the point is there's no doctor in the world that would ever tell an injured player to suit up and play. it goes against their morals & ethics and not to mention open them up to lawsuits if the player suffers a career or life threatening injury because of their advice. plus the suspension of their license.

And of the many many doctors that gave opinions today and had nothing to do with whether Cutler sat or played yesterday and didn't need to give an opinion a all, there wasn't a doctor that said he should have played or even could have played. And, they backed it with reasoning.

so which doctor(s) told rivers to go ahead and play with a torn acl? ummmm none. he chose to go against doctors advice because he knew his team needed him and because hes a tough sob. if he can play with a far worse injury then why couldnt cutler? and yeah rivers was sitting down and not riding a stationary bike or walking around cause he was actually seriously injured.

Maybe if Cutler had the luxury of surgery and a weeks rest he could play. But he didn't. You bring up walking around when I quoted the doctor in my last post saying he's good to walk on it. Having lineman coming 25 mph at you is a different story. And now for the billionth time, Cutler didn't decide to come out. What Lovie Smith says is final.

so had sd won 3-0 over pats, rivers didnt inspire his team to victory since only touchdowns count? lol the fact of the matter is he inspired the team to stay within a fg for 3 quarters against a team that would eventually go 18-0.

He was horrible and they lost. The defense kept them in the game, not him. They likely would have been better off with the QB that won the previous game for them. Gutsy yes, but he hurt his team.

i think the fact you compared cutler to hines ward is nuttier. a receiver is only as effective as their ability to run, cut and change directions. if they are hobbled in any way they are useless. a qb can hobble but can still make plays with his arm.

Why can't you understand this? Cutler has been under pressure the entire season. He needs to move and avoid the constant rush he sees play after play. The coaches deemed he couldn't do that. A qb with a line and good receivers can hobble and make plays with his arm. A qb on this Bears team cannot.

the knee brace i wore was recommended by my doctor because he knew he couldnt stop me from continuing to play and i never got reinjured while wearing one. i know tons of people that have no acls or mcls yet can ball thanks to knee braces. maybe cutler shouldve tried it instead of throwing in the towel.

Quit bringing up your injury. Injuries are different. Their are different grades. Even the severity of Grade II MCL Sprains vary from person to person. Some are much closer to Grade I's and some are much closer to Grade III's. Some have said it's the most excruciating pain they have ever had. It's a serious injury and if the Bears medical staff and coaches thought he couldn't go then they are probably right.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

The ironic thing is if Cutler had done what most here wanted him to do he would have ended up playing even worse than he did in the 1st half and the Bears lose 28-0. He would have been sacked, fumbled, no scrambling, terrible picks, etc. He couldn't have run from the pocket, couldn't have eluded the rush, would have buckeled under and just generally would have had no chance. And then everyone would say he was an selfish jackass for demanding to stay in while he was hurting his team.

It's one of those situations where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. The correct decision is whatever is in the best interests of the team winning. After consultations with coaches and doctors it was determined that he didn't give them the best chance given how limited he would have been. Seems like a sensible approach. Most prefer the meathead approach, though.

Bob Loblaw

Listening to the Score now and they are interviewing somebody (didn't catch his name). He's had 18 knee surgeries and said he knew immediately after the play that Cutler tore his MCL. He could tell by the way his knee was wobbling. He says there is absolutely no way that Cutler would be able to plant with that injury. It's impossible he said.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Listening to the Score now and they are interviewing somebody (didn't catch his name). He's had 18 knee surgeries and said he knew immediately after the play that Cutler tore his MCL. He could tell by the way his knee was wobbling. He says there is absolutely no way that Cutler would be able to plant with that injury. It's impossible he said.
    It was Kruetz. I heard his quotes earlier.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    It was Kruetz. I heard his quotes earlier.
    No, I know Kreutz said the same thing about the wobbling but this is somebody who was able to see it on TV. They just said his name as I'm typing this. It was Kenny McReynolds (don't know who that it is). But he has had 18 knee surgeries and is 100% sure Cutler wouldn't be able to plant with that injury.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

the fact that the medical team and lovie let him play shows they didnt think it was serious, otherwise they would have shut him down completely at halftime.

its obviously the decision was largely made due to his input. had he said im ok and im playing even if he wasnt, who would have stopped him? no one. so dont say he had no input because he obviously did.

yeah i should stop bringing up my injury cause it was an actual tear requiring major surgery with years of therapy not some little sprain. lol

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

if baby J has anything less than major surgery to his knee he'll never live this down, never.

First ... 5678