ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by spongerat View Post
    Wow I can't believe how many of you guys are so wrong or uninformed about how moneylines and spreads work.

byeshea, you're an idiot for so many reasons...
    Nothing like a messageboard know-it-all. I'm sure you can kick everyone's ass too.

Look douche, if you're too stupid to explain yourself then shut your ******* mouth and keep betting your favorites.

geeze
    geeze's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only real risk to money line is if Brady is injured.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Good luck here- pulling for Pats here. They are in full stride.

boltbird
    boltbird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate both teams but i expect the pats to win big

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

This ML keeps going down and down....

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Jets at times had 1 down lineman formations vs the Colts. They were basically laughing at the Colts offensive line and running backs and daring Peyton to audible into running plays. 1 lineman, 4 LBs, 6 DBs????

You say Sanchez will be a "game manager", but what if the #1 offense in the NFL starts scoring points? What happens if the Jets are down by 7, 10, 14, 20 points? Is he going to be handing the ball off and throwing passes into the flats?

Let's look at some splits on Paco Sanchez
    56% completion percentage, 1967 yards, 8 TD 9 INT, 75.9 QB rating when his team was behind

Pancho Villa Sanchez QB rating by month
    Sept: 104
    Oct: 63
    Nov: 86
    Dec 58

QB rating in wins = 87
    QB rating in losses = 51.2
    In losses, 48.6%, 979 yards, 1 TD 7 INT, 51.2 rating

Mark Sanchez at Gillete stadium
    51.5%, 164 yards, 0 TD 3 INT, 27.8 rating, and his team put up a pitiful 3 points.

The Jets do have a lot of talent, they are actually loaded with talent, but they are weak at the most important position of quarterback. A good QB can mask a lot of deficincies on a team, and a weak QB can drag a good team down. Sanchez is poised to let all that talent on the Jets rot like they did a month ago when they went up to Boston.
    Good post. Worth a bump.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

No value with ne ml

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

On the Patriots

sharper2
    sharper2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6817

anything can happen but ya pats look good. no ones playing the juice though

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

true..

ByeShea

The Jets do have a lot of talent, they are actually loaded with talent, but they are weak at the most important position of quarterback. A good QB can mask a lot of deficincies on a team, and a weak QB can drag a good team down. Sanchez is poised to let all that talent on the Jets rot like they did a month ago when they went up to Boston.
    Sanchez had his doubters in 3 playoff games last year - he played great.

Even with his ups and downs this year, he still plays best in clutch situations. Reading all the comments here, you'd think the Jets went 5-11 and not 11-5. (They also beat Pittsburgh on the road since the beatdown at Gillette ... but why credit them for anything)

Fact is, he's healthier and throwing the ball better all week long.

I know it's a lot for everyone who need not investigate further than "45-3" to digest, but Sanchez even playing last week in Indy was a question mark and when he did practice, his balls were sailing all over the place (like in the game). Reports are positive on his shoulder this week.

The public is (for the 1 zillionth time in NFL history) sucked into a huge misread.

Think the Brady factor is too much for the Jets to overcome, that's one thing; betting a Pats blowout is insane.

I think Jets + points is wise because it stands to test my theory: only take a big underdog if you think that team has a chance to win.

I think the chance is so great the remarkable value here is Jets ML. This game is a coin flip... and now that Ryan has Welker and Kraft himself chirping back, you know his intentions of riling up the Pats with smack talk is working.

(And it's never part of Belichick's plan to have his side engaging in a war of words)

This will be a very interesting thread to revisit Monday.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i dont think jets go through manning and brady in back to back weeks, but very little value on the pats ml

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Byeshea-

You want to talk about Mark Sanchez playoff record, I believe Tom Brady could have the best playoff record of all-time.

Tom Brady is the best cold weather QB of all-time.

Mark Sanchez is a Socal kid going into the cold... where did he play last year???
    They beat an overrated Bengals team in the cold coached by a token head coach
    They played in San Diego
    They played in a Dome in Indy
    Going into New England is completely different.

So your main reason to be on the jets is...
    The public is on the Pats
    Wes Welker & bob Kraft chirped back at Rex Ryan?

Those aren't good reasons to make a bet in my humble opinion.

Sniperpicks
    Sniperpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I have every OPEN bet i have linked to pats either leading by 7 at half or the ML, see the pic of my plays under my profile 907 units risked to win about 5500

ByeShea

Byeshea-

You want to talk about Mark Sanchez playoff record, I believe Tom Brady could have the best playoff record of all-time.

Tom Brady is the best cold weather QB of all-time.

Mark Sanchez is a Socal kid going into the cold... where did he play last year???
    They beat an overrated Bengals team in the cold coached by a token head coach
    They played in San Diego
    They played in a Dome in Indy
    Going into New England is completely different.

Brady might be the best QB of all-time; BB might be the best coach of all time.

But the 2010 Patriots are not the best team of all time. And they are in real danger of losing if they don't score early and often to force the Jets out of the game the Jets want to play.

The Jets have the better running game and they used it to abuse the Pats in their first meeting.

In direct contrast to the last meeting, expect the Jets to be conservative as hell to keep this a low-scoring affair. Pats will lose the ground war of attrition, their interior D is already a patchwork of new names and their corners don't match up well against the Jets WRs.

As per Sanchez, he practices outdoors in NJ. I don't think he's ever been adversely effected by the cold.

The reason he sucked for most the game against Indy (indoors) was an injury he seems to be past, the strength was there but his touch was not. He will be more worried about Belichick's defense than the weather, as he should.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 01-15-11 at 09:20 AM.

wildcats99
    wildcats99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

Pats have really good records off byes. I think they will cover

ByeShea

Never said that, just made those points - but I definitely think the public is making the Jets a very attractive betting option.

My main reason to like the Jets in this game are several:

•*Jim Leonhard's injury in Friday's practice was the #1 factor that led the Pats to whip the Jets. All Brady did the first half (in combination with foolishly macho coaching decisions that blew up in RR's face) was spin the backup safetys, Pool and Smith, like tops.

The lengths that Brodney Pool and Eric Smith have improved since are nothing short of amazing. Next to Revis, they would have been the defensive MVPs against Indy.

• LT. He looked like a different back against Indy. He hadn't looked that good since October, when he was the toast of the NFL. A good doctor will do that.

• The Jets personnel beat the Pats personnel into submission once this season. You don't have to be Belichick to figure out how to do that again. In fact, trying to be Belichick is what got Ryan in trouble the last time - he's since been humbled in every sense of the word. Not a bad thing to get a shot at redemption.

• Sanchez is poised to play well. He's answered the bell in big games before; in fact, for a 2nd year QB who started one full season of college ball - he's played admirably in quite a few big games. His shoulder is better and his confidence is not in question.

• Two weeks sitting around of thinking they're 42 pts better than their opponents is not an optimal situation. The Patriots are not afraid of the Jets ... which makes them ripe for the taking if the game takes a few unexpected turns.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 01-15-11 at 09:42 AM.

C-Gold

Shea:

I said Tom Brady is the best COLD WEATHER QB of all time - not the best
    Rex Ryan is a great coordinator and at least a good coach, but who did they play last year in the playoffs
    - The original Rooney Rule head coach: Marvin Lewis - he sucks
    - Norv "Good old boy" Turner
    - The next generation Rooney Rule head coach: Coach Caldwell

The Jets will want to run the ball but it's a passing league
    The Jets will want to play conservative and limit the Patriots offensive possessions, but didn't they try that last time?
    What if the Patriots are up by double digits, how confident are you Sanchez can outscore Brady?
    Sanchez might practice in cold weather, but what's his QB rating in december? It's under 60. It suggests he struggles in cold weather.
    Pool played a good game vs Indy, but it was mainly in run support and tackling, not coverage.
    I ignore any speculation on how "confident" a team is or how "intimidated" people guess a team is or isn't.

Thanks for your rebuttals, I'm always welcome to hear the best arguments against in case I missed anything and you were very civil. Good luck with your other plays.

ByeShea

Shea:

I said Tom Brady is the best COLD WEATHER QB of all time - not the best
    Rex Ryan is a great coordinator and at least a good coach, but who did they play last year in the playoffs
    - The original Rooney Rule head coach: Marvin Lewis - he sucks
    - Norv "Good old boy" Turner
    - The next generation Rooney Rule head coach: Coach Caldwell

The Jets will want to run the ball but it's a passing league
    The Jets will want to play conservative and limit the Patriots offensive possessions, but didn't they try that last time?
    What if the Patriots are up by double digits, how confident are you Sanchez can outscore Brady?
    Sanchez might practice in cold weather, but what's his QB rating in december? It's under 60. It suggests he struggles in cold weather.
    Pool played a good game vs Indy, but it was mainly in run support and tackling, not coverage.
    I ignore any speculation on how "confident" a team is or how "intimidated" people guess a team is or isn't.

Thanks for your rebuttals, I'm always welcome to hear the best arguments against in case I missed anything and you were very civil. Good luck with your other plays.
    Thanks man.

Well, my point was that Brady is the best, cold or otherwise.

If the Jets play really conservative to the point of frustrating their own fans, they'll have a shot to win - btw, their punter is about as good as they come in pinning offenses back inside the 20. He serves them well.

If the Patriots go up by double digits, I am not at all confident in Sanchez to rally a discouraged Jets team to win the game.

That said, if after 58:30 of football, it comes to single possession for the Jets to tie or win, Sanchez will close the deal (Jets K might not though ...so there's that).

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Bumpski

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Anyone stupid enough to play a -400 moneyline in a playoff game and post it as a lock deserves to lose

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats a few units down the shitter

C-Gold

I was wrong Shea was right, congrats.

I was still 3-1 on the games.

KCdgenerate - how about those Falcoons? LMAO. They got shit stomped by Green Bay, easiest game of the week.

Hexum
    Hexum's Avatar Become A Pro!

lmfao

VTranX
    VTranX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 314

that sucks...

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I was wrong Shea was right, congrats.

I was still 3-1 on the games.

KCdgenerate - how about those Falcoons? LMAO. They got shit stomped by Green Bay, easiest game of the week.

old news...they got beat..big fcking deal...I won both today and you lost a -400 line...thats the funny part

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

wow feel sorry for anyone who had NE ML...brutal loss

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

haha square

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by LolsMcwinsey View Post
    haha square
    Squares took a bloodbath today!

Hit both of the games, but really laid the lumber w/ the Jets!

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Ouch!

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Gold prices plummet!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

fools c-gold.

lol

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

is it me or do like 80% of these thread predictions loose.

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Haha.. what a racist moron..

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

It's c-gold.. What do you expect!!

First 1234 Last