Cutler is an average QB and at times he has good games

8-8

9-7
    well said

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    The guy is terrible. I saw him in the pro bowl where its suppose to be a pitch and catch game and he couldn't make a throw to save his life. NO LB blitz in the pro bowl. One of the worst QB's in football, no where near top 5.
    If you're doing your handicapping based on the Pro Bowl, you are in trouble. What are you doing watching the Pro Bowl anyway?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOf5Dimes;659***3
    Cutler is definitely one of the worst QB's in NFL history. The fact that he is so hyped also makes him one of the most over--rated, if not THE most overrated.

The guy has a strong arm. That is what all of the idiot pundits say...."he can make all of the throws". The only problem is that:

1) He has NEVER won a meaningful NFL game.

2) He has never gone a significant period of time without throwing multiple horrific interceptions, especially in the Red Zone.

3) He throws off his back foot and this costs him accuracy. He is very reckless with his throws because he has a strong arm.

4) He has a lazy attitude and does not rally the team.

5) I believe he has the worst record against the spread of any QB in NFL history. That says a lot, whether you admit ir or not. He is over-hyped.

6) This year, they STRUGGLED against Detroit and hardly scored in game one. But for that garbage ruling on the TD Detroit would have won. They then beat the Cowboys in a game the Cowboys played terribly. Then last night Cutler throws an insane pick to nobody while they were driving for a score early. Then he misses a wide open receiver on 4th and goal from the one yard line. Numerous other passes were thrown up for grabs.

So now they are 3-0 and Cutler is a great QB? Out of all the QB's in the league, there is not a single guy who has cost his team more points in the Red Zone in his history.

Name one QB who is worse? Nobody is as reckless as Cutler, and he might not ever win a meaningful game in the NFL. They have a very easy scehdule, so let's see what happens with Hall of Famer Cutler.....Lol.
    Can I have some of what you're smoking?

And why wasn't yesterday's game meaningful? What makes a game meaningful? Seems like they are all meaningful. I guess maybe you're just saying playoff games. Plenty of QB's haven't (yet) won playoff games. How many has Matt Schaub won? How many QB's won a playoff game in their first 3 seasons? You act like he's been toiling in the NFL for 12 seasons of failure. He's had 3 full seasons. Let's reserve judgment just a little here.

In his first 5 seasons, Peyton Manning was 0-3 in the playoffs. I guess you would have ranted about him then as a loser who would never win a big game in his life.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

To use a Chitown reference, he is the Dave Kingman of football. He'll strikeout 3 times (ints, bad throws, etc) but he'll hit a homer (TD pass) on his final at bat to go 1 for 4 and look like he had a decent day. I'll take Rodgers any day over this punk!

Chris7mccabe
    Chris7mccabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 398

Not only has this thread gotten taken out of hand, but I believe people are leaving some of the most ridiculous points leading me to believe there vision must be skewed. Now while I don't believe Jay Cutler is a top 5 QB at this point in time I think he is very skillful and certainly has more then a laser arm. I think with a good coordinator (Martz) Cutler is starting to show his maturity and is playing really well this season. I don't think this means he's is great, hes only been in the league for a short period of time. This guy has a ton of confidence and leads me to believe he will become a great quarterback in this league. But people are saying he is the worst in the league, worst of all time, and most overrated QB in history???? Really people who overrates this guy in the media and says he is one of the best or where can I find him being ranked so high. I don't think that Jordan23treyz is trying to say hes some phenomenal quarterback at this point but I would certainly have to agree with him that this guy is going to be good years down the road. Finally, for all you knuckle pucks out there who think hes the "worst qb in the nfl" do me a favor and watch some tape of guys like Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Trent Edwards (recently picked up by the Jags), and Shaun Hill just to name a few..........Then tell me what ya think you tools
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jordan23treyz

jordan23treyz
    jordan23treyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7mccabe View Post
    Not only has this thread gotten taken out of hand, but I believe people are leaving some of the most ridiculous points leading me to believe there vision must be skewed. Now while I don't believe Jay Cutler is a top 5 QB at this point in time I think he is very skillful and certainly has more then a laser arm. I think with a good coordinator (Martz) Cutler is starting to show his maturity and is playing really well this season. I don't think this means he's is great, hes only been in the league for a short period of time. This guy has a ton of confidence and leads me to believe he will become a great quarterback in this league. But people are saying he is the worst in the league, worst of all time, and most overrated QB in history???? Really people who overrates this guy in the media and says he is one of the best or where can I find him being ranked so high. I don't think that Jordan23treyz is trying to say hes some phenomenal quarterback at this point but I would certainly have to agree with him that this guy is going to be good years down the road. Finally, for all you knuckle pucks out there who think hes the "worst qb in the nfl" do me a favor and watch some tape of guys like Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Trent Edwards (recently picked up by the Jags), and Shaun Hill just to name a few..........Then tell me what ya think you tools
    Finally someone with a knowledgeable comment and an understanding for the post. Exactly my point, he's young, he's talented, he's got a nice skill-set, and he's a lot better than a lot of other shmuks in the NFL! He still has room to grow and will succeed for years to come in the future.

P.S. Stop these comparisons to Aaron Rodgers; I never tried to compare these two players!

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is just an overrated to me, the thing I like to bet on him that he would give an INTs in a game.

TheJer
    TheJer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cutler is garbage and is overrated he has his games that are good but he is not a great quarterback

scoobs
    scoobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, he may not be consistant, but the kid makes plays and is tough.

Rig
    Rig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Bases he can accumulate yards int And fgs
    That's about it

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Boy, did McDaniels ever fvcked up by trading Cutler. Although Orton is putting up goddage passing yardage right now, he just can't zip the ball in tight coverage like Cutler does.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Don't be fooled. Cutler's been extremely lucky thus far and has had the officials on his side through week 3. We will see the real Jay Cutler emerge soon.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by BewareOf5Dimes;659***3
    Cutler is definitely one of the worst QB's in NFL history. The fact that he is so hyped also makes him one of the most over--rated, if not THE most overrated.

The guy has a strong arm. That is what all of the idiot pundits say...."he can make all of the throws". The only problem is that:

1) He has NEVER won a meaningful NFL game.

2) He has never gone a significant period of time without throwing multiple horrific interceptions, especially in the Red Zone.

3) He throws off his back foot and this costs him accuracy. He is very reckless with his throws because he has a strong arm.

4) He has a lazy attitude and does not rally the team.

5) I believe he has the worst record against the spread of any QB in NFL history. That says a lot, whether you admit ir or not. He is over-hyped.

6) This year, they STRUGGLED against Detroit and hardly scored in game one. But for that garbage ruling on the TD Detroit would have won. They then beat the Cowboys in a game the Cowboys played terribly. Then last night Cutler throws an insane pick to nobody while they were driving for a score early. Then he misses a wide open receiver on 4th and goal from the one yard line. Numerous other passes were thrown up for grabs.

So now they are 3-0 and Cutler is a great QB? Out of all the QB's in the league, there is not a single guy who has cost his team more points in the Red Zone in his history.

Name one QB who is worse? Nobody is as reckless as Cutler, and he might not ever win a meaningful game in the NFL. They have a very easy scehdule, so let's see what happens with Hall of Famer Cutler.....Lol.

Solid post here, right on the money. We thought about going after Cutler in Tampa but for all the things said above AND (despite what you read in this thread) a horrible work ethic, we decided to pass. Dude by his own admission doesn't even like to practice. Cutler is closer to being a bottom 5 QB in this league than he is a top 5 QB, you're either an idiot or blind homer to think otherwise.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

I live in Colorado and have watched Cutler play as a Bronco. All Cutler has done is stress out his fans when he donates the ball to the other team.

Top Quarterbacks in the NFL:

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Matt Schaub
    5. Phillip Rivers
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Brett Farve
    8. Joe Flacco
    9. Eli Manning
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Donovan McNabb
    12. Kyle Orton
    13. Jay Cutler

Cutler is good but is not an elite quarterback.
    Last edited by GunShard; 09-29-10 at 01:30 AM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i think orton is highly underrated

pozzy
    pozzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

and he's slowly becoming overrated with all of this hype...

dyeguy
    dyeguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cutler is the most exciting QB in the NFL. He keeps both teams in the game.

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

Cutler is easily a top ten QB. Could be a top 5 by the end of the year.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought that Jay Cutler is a bodybuilder
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-12-15 at 10:50 AM. Reason: image does not exist

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Glada Tartan View Post
    I thought that Jay Cutler is a bodybuilder
    Lol I was about to make a very similar post.

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-12-15 at 10:50 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Sfritts8
    Sfritts8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who posts pictures of dudes in speedos on a thread about the NFL, left handed batters, that is who.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

i've been a jay cutler backer since he stepped on the field at mile high stadium for the first time. this guy is a great quarterback. in time, if chicago has any brains, they'll give him the support he needs to move the ball down the field more effectively.

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I live in Colorado and have watched Cutler play as a Bronco. All Cutler has done is stress out his fans when he donates the ball to the other team.

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Matt Schaub
    5. Phillip Rivers
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Brett Farve
    8. Joe Flacco
    9. Eli Manning
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Donovan McNabb
    12. Kyle Orton
    13. Jay Cutler

schaub... flacco... eli... orton... no carson palmer?

texashighroller
    texashighroller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

If cutler keeps it up, people will have no problem saying he is a top qb. He has had 2 good games this season and he got lucky in the last game. He could of had two more picks against greenbay but they were dropped. I still think he can be a very good qb but he will always be a risk for an interception. We will see if he can keep winning as the season goes on.

BewareOf5Dimes
    BewareOf5Dimes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by adlai View Post
    schaub... flacco... eli... orton... no carson palmer?

Carson Palmer is running neck and neck with Jay Cutler as the most over-hyped, never won a meaningful game in the NFL, terrible player.

Palmer and Cutler are two of the biggest Drive Killers in NFL history. These are the two guys I do not want on my side when the game is on the line. Palmer is so awful it is hard to believe.

These are two examples of players who "look" like quarterbacks but once you dig under the hood they are major league frauds. Palmer went to USC and has lived off of that hype since. Cutler has the strong arm.

If my life depended on one of these guys leading me to a touchdown, I would expect to be horrified by overthrown and underthrown balls, and an eventual interception. I would be a dead man. The only other guy I can think of who is worse than these two is Brady Quinn, and he is a 3rd stringer now. As far as starters go, these two take the cake. That Alex Smith guy from San Fran is horrible, too. Another guy who has proven that he can't cut it, but since he was a number one pick and seemingly has talent he gets way too many chances to fail.

Chris7mccabe

So Joe Flacco is at least 7 or 8 spots ahead of Matty Ryan??? really you care to explain that one to me or what?? Also Kyle Orton is not a better quarterback then Matty Ice and your asinine if you think so. Plus to the guy who said Cutler is lucky thus far and has the refs on his side???? You would be a Vikings or Pack fan right???

jordan23treyz
    jordan23treyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Matt Schaub
    5. Phillip Rivers
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Brett Farve
    8. Joe Flacco
    9. Eli Manning
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Donovan McNabb
    12. Kyle Orton
    13. Jay Cutler

Not a bad list at all except Cutler is better than Orton, Mccnabb, and Tony Homo. And before this year I know you would have not put Vick at #10. Correct?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Drew Brees
    4. Matt Schaub
    5. Phillip Rivers
    6. Tony Romo
    7. Brett Farve
    8. Joe Flacco
    9. Eli Manning
    10. Michael Vick
    11. Donovan McNabb
    12. Kyle Orton
    I'd put Jay-C behind those guys. When got Devin Hester as your number 1 option, you got to be doing something right to still keep your team competitive.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

87 touch downs and 65 interceptions... They talked about it on the game last night, he's a gun slinger. He forces throws whether they are there or not

kruser
    kruser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

he must be at least a top ten qb, because i am in 6 fantasy leagues and he was always the 5th to 10th qb taken?

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Chris7mccabe View Post
    Plus to the guy who said Cutler is lucky thus far and has the refs on his side???? You would be a Vikings or Pack fan right???
    LOL, no man, the Dolphins are my team. You have to admit that the officiating has been decidedly one-sided in the Bears' first three games. From Detroit's game-winning TD that was ruled an incomplete pass to the Cutler INT that was disallowed, leading to the Bears scoring the winning TD on that drive. That shit makes me angry, even though I had nothing at stake in those games.

andybord
    andybord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

He has to stop making the dumb *** throws......he has the physical tools but he makes some really dumb decisions...

The ball he threw up to Earl Bennett on the last drive that Collins picked off was the 2nd dumbest throw of the weekend behind Eli's lefty throw.....I know there was pass interference, but even if you see that as a 50/50 ball without the penalty, you just don't throw that in that situation...

He's gotta get his head straight....He does look a lot like Brett Favre in 1993....flashes of brilliance and flashes of complete idiocy...

andybord
    andybord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

and I forgot about the INT that Woodson dropped on the same drive.......that was the 3rd dumbest throw of the weekend

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Barely a top 10 QB at this stage of his career. Can easily be a top 3 QB in years to come.

Chris7mccabe

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    LOL, no man, the Dolphins are my team. You have to admit that the officiating has been decidedly one-sided in the Bears' first three games. From Detroit's game-winning TD that was ruled an incomplete pass to the Cutler INT that was disallowed, leading to the Bears scoring the winning TD on that drive. That shit makes me angry, even though I had nothing at stake in those games.
    I hear you but what is he going to do about the DET game should he give back the game??? All I am saying is that he is in my opinion a QB in anywhere from the 8-13 range depending on how your looking at it and what criteria you use to judge qbs. I think he definitely is maturing as a quarterback and with Mike Martz calling the shots and weapons like Forte Hester and Knox just to name a few Cutler is going to surprise a lot of people in the next 2 or 3 years.

Also my of the week is the Jets at Buffalo laying 4.5 don't miss out

First 12345 ... Last