frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Bump

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

Bringing this thread up should make things interesting.

Chris7mccabe
    Chris7mccabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 398

Oh yah I was thinking about this thread recently as well.....Since nobody else has voiced their own opinions on this yet I am going to start off by saying in no way do I think Cutler was soft or faking an injury Sunday. People saying he didn't care or showed no signs of emotion but if anyone watches or has seen Jay play constantly he almost always has that same laid back demeanor.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    He is still sorely missed in Denver
    mike shanahan is missed in Denver. Cutler is this generations Jeff George

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Cutler>Eli

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You lost me at top 5 qbs in the league.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

easy to play well when you have the best running back in the NFL, and basically facing one on one coverage in anything that's not 3rd and long.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    easy to play well when you have the best running back in the NFL, and basically facing one on one coverage in anything that's not 3rd and long.
    No it's not. Especially when you have the hodgpodge of receivers he has. Bears probably have the weakest set of receivers/tight ends in the league. Imagine if he actually had a big receiver to go up and get the ball like most teams have. No QB suffers more drops than Cutler. Their "#1" receiver doesn't even belong at the position (Hester).

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Bullshit, Michael Vick is the most overrated QB/athlete in the history of sports.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I would never want Cutler to be QB of any team I cheered for ever.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    Bullshit, Michael Vick is the most overrated QB/athlete in the history of sports.
    Uh, you might want to take another look at the thread title again.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2105

Was the OP right or are the Bears backups that bad? Maybe a little of both? We know Collins has been serviceable for other teams and yet he played some of the worst QB position in the history of the NFL with the same supporting cast Jay Cutler is stuck with. McCown has been servicable for other teams, and albeit an incredibly small sample size, he has as many pick 6's as completions with the Bears. Some fans were calling for Hanie to be the starter after the NFC Championship game last year and all he's done is throw 3 times as many picks as TD's while taking over one of the hottest teams in football led by Jay Cutler on their way to the playoffs and crashing them straight into the ground and essentially ending their playoff hopes in just a 4 game span.

Jay Cutler last 2 years
    464-788 (59%) - 5947 yards - 38 TD's 24 INT's - Bears = 18-9

Caleb Hanie, Todd Collins, and Josh McCown last 2 years
    80-162 (49%) - 901 yards - 4 TD's 17 INT's - Bears = 1-4

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Was the OP right or are the Bears backups that bad? Maybe a little of both? We know Collins has been serviceable for other teams and yet he played some of the worst QB position in the history of the NFL with the same supporting cast Jay Cutler is stuck with. McCown has been servicable for other teams, and albeit an incredibly small sample size, he has as many pick 6's as completions with the Bears. Some fans were calling for Hanie to be the starter after the NFC Championship game last year and all he's done is throw 3 times as many picks as TD's while taking over one of the hottest teams in football led by Jay Cutler on their way to the playoffs and crashing them straight into the ground and essentially ending their playoff hopes in just a 4 game span.

Jay Cutler last 2 years
    464-788 (59%) - 5947 yards - 38 TD's 24 INT's - Bears = 18-9

Caleb Hanie, Todd Collins, and Josh McCown last 2 years
    80-162 (49%) - 901 yards - 4 TD's 17 INT's - Bears = 1-4
    Some of both. What Cutler had done with a shaky sometimes scary offensive line, a group of wide receivers that is borderline pathetic and an offensive coordinator that is stubborn to a fault, is pretty amazing looking really. It's amazing to think, but I really think if Cutler hadn't had the fluky thumb breaky thing the Bears would now be 11-3 on a 9 game winning streak. Alternate reality.

Cutler'sThumb
    Update your status
    Cutler'sThumb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2862

I gotta post here if nothing else than for my screen name. I think Cutler's on again squeeze, Cavalari, has gotten the PR message through to him and he's done a much better job with the media this year, which makes him a much more sympathetic figure especially when we (Bears fans) can see how really bad we are without him.
    There's glimmer of hope that both Martz's rigid play calling (It's taken 5 games each of the last 2 years to admit that his system sucks without Werner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, and Pace) and Angleo's horrible personnel decisions may be gone after this year. Maybe we can get a few up to date pros in here and take advantage of how good Cutler is.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler'sThumb View Post
    I gotta post here if nothing else than for my screen name. I think Cutler's on again squeeze, Cavalari, has gotten the PR message through to him and he's done a much better job with the media this year, which makes him a much more sympathetic figure especially when we (Bears fans) can see how really bad we are without him.
    There's glimmer of hope that both Martz's rigid play calling (It's taken 5 games each of the last 2 years to admit that his system sucks without Werner, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, and Pace) and Angleo's horrible personnel decisions may be gone after this year. Maybe we can get a few up to date pros in here and take advantage of how good Cutler is.
    Good post. I don't think he's any media with the media this year though, just went better on the field for him, which makes it comfortable when you're winning. The last 4 games have really put a fine point on about how good and important he is. I suspect they'll promote Tice and he'll run the same basic offense but run more plays that fit better with the personnel and their strengths.

Bob Loblaw

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Some of both. What Cutler had done with a shaky sometimes scary offensive line, a group of wide receivers that is borderline pathetic and an offensive coordinator that is stubborn to a fault, is pretty amazing looking really. It's amazing to think, but I really think if Cutler hadn't had the fluky thumb breaky thing the Bears would now be 11-3 on a 9 game winning streak. Alternate reality.
    I agree with that 9 game winning streak and an exciting matchup Christmas night. Instead a 4 game losing streak and a snoozefest Sunday. What a difference one player makes.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the title should be "biggest underachiever in the NFL" He has the biggest arm in the league. Theres no reason he shouldnt be an elite quarterback. Lazy mechanics, throwing off his back foot more then half the time. Im a bears fan. So frustrating, i know the offensive line is terrible but so is the packers offensive line. I know he doesnt have any weapons but guys like peyton, brady make everyone better.

I think bringing in a new offensive coordinator next year will be huge. Give him more freedom at the line of scrimmage and lets see what he can really do. This injury was at a terrible time because he was playing the best football of his career and this was what we were expecting.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I think the title should be "biggest underachiever in the NFL" He has the biggest arm in the league. Theres no reason he shouldnt be an elite quarterback. Lazy mechanics, throwing off his back foot more then half the time. Im a bears fan. So frustrating, i know the offensive line is terrible but so is the packers offensive line. I know he doesnt have any weapons but guys like peyton, brady make everyone better.

I think bringing in a new offensive coordinator next year will be huge. Give him more freedom at the line of scrimmage and lets see what he can really do. This injury was at a terrible time because he was playing the best football of his career and this was what we were expecting.
    He does make people better, are you kidding. Made a guy like Royal look good in Denver. Made Roy Williams somehow look like he had a pulse at times. Made the line look good at times. Your comments are confusing. Mechanics schmecanics. Just like baseball, everyone throws a ball differently. He's turned a lot of garbage into more success than should be possible. 18-8 last 2 seasons with his best receiver as Johnny Knox, are you kidding me?

zsr

18-8 because of the defense and forte..not cutler, are you kidding? His numbers are barely average. He's made nobody better. He's had one above average season and it was with Brandon Marshall. Numbers dont lie. He's hasn't made one player on the bears team better. Not one.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-23-11 at 05:54 PM.

zsr

Mechanics as in constantly throwing off his back foot, instead of his setting his feet and drilling it, That's why he's a turnover machine. Aaron Rodgers has a terrible offensive line as well, sooner or later the blame has to fall on the quarterback. Like I said, numbers don't lie. His have always been barely average, nowhere near where he should be.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Mechanics as in constantly throwing off his back foot, instead of his setting his feet and drilling it, That's why he's a turnover machine. Aaron Rodgers has a terrible offensive line as well, sooner or later the blame has to fall on the quarterback. Like I said, numbers don't lie. His have always been barely average, nowhere near where he should be.
    Cutler didn't cause the Bears a single loss this season, but he won plenty. If Cutler wasn't the QB for the first 10 they'd be 2-12 and battling for the #1 pick. Turnover machine? 7 INT in 10 games and 4 of those were Knox or Hester slipping or tripping. You're obviously weren't paying attention.

zsr

Cutler didn't cause the Bears a single loss this season, but he won plenty. If Cutler wasn't the QB for the first 10 they'd be 2-12 and battling for the #1 pick. Turnover machine? 7 INT in 10 games and 4 of those were Knox or Hester slipping or tripping. You're obviously weren't paying attention.
    did you not completely read my first post? I said this was his best year and he was finally starting to show what was expected of him. The past 2 years with the bears have been barely average, with the first year being an absolute fuking joke. This year he finally seemed like he got it for the past 4-5 weeks, then the unlucky injury.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

18-8 because of the defense and forte..not cutler, are you kidding? His numbers are barely average. He's made nobody better. He's had one above average season and it was with Brandon Marshall. Numbers dont lie. He's hasn't made one player on the bears team better. Not one.
    That's why they can't beat shitty teams without him, right? What numbers don't lie? Brandon Marshall? He's good, but in decline without Cutler. How about Eddie Royal? Looked like a beast when he had Cutler. Cutler's receivers blow, I mean blow like none other. Name me a worse group of receivers anywhere. Opening day starters Devin Hester and Roy Williams. A returner and a bum. Then you got Knox who can't stay upright. Earl Bennett probably wouldn't even be in the league without Cutler, let alone get the contract he got. Imagine if he had guys like Roy Williams or Dez Bryant or those kinds of guys to throw to. If you ignore things like that, numbers CAN "lie". Even with all that shit the Bears averaged 32.2ppg last 5 before he got injured covering for Knox.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

So he doesn't make Earl Bennett better? Are you ******* kidding? Earl Bennett just got paid 18 million bills because of Cutler. Joe Montana couldn't have made Devin Hester seem like a receiver or make Roy Williams not play like a senior citizen.

zsr

Yep. That's always been the story with cutler, it's someone else's fault. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, he's not an elite quarterback, he's barely an above average quarterback. To argue this is futile. Proof is in the pudding.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Yep. That's always been the story with cutler, it's someone else's fault. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, he's not an elite quarterback, he's barely an above average quarterback. To argue this is futile. Proof is in the pudding.
    Yeah, the pudding (sic) is that in the last 2 seasons Cutler has 36TD/23 INT in 25 games (17-8 record) while the other QB's dealing with his group has 3 TD/14INT in 5 games (1-4 record). At that rate, his backups would have 70 INT in as many games.

zsr

Yeah, the pudding (sic) is that in the last 2 seasons Cutler has 36TD/23 INT in 25 games (17-8 record) while the other QB's dealing with his group has 3 TD/14INT in 5 games (1-4 record).
    ok? So he's better than Todd Collins and Caleb hanie?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

ok? So he's better than Todd Collins and Caleb hanie?
    Why don't you address the garbage he has to throw to? Name one team that has more garbage available to catch passes. Name one. And if you say it's because of Cutler, then I want you to explain what QB would make Roy Williams and Devin Hester better.

zsr

Great quarterbacks overcome the talent around them. Period.

Listen, for the 4-5 games right before his injury he was playing elite football. I said that in my first post. The first year with Chicago, he played like absolute garbage, last year, he played slightly better. He hasn't played like an elite quarterback his entire career. Was he becoming one before the injury? It looked like it. Was he before then? Not even fukin close. Hes gone to the playoffs once.

He's been a turnover machine his career, this is just the facts, I'm not sure how you can argue with that. I'm just posting facts (stats). That's the proof in the pudding I was talking about. Kyle orton could do what he's doing with this group, and Rex took a group like this to the super bowl for us.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Great quarterbacks overcome the talent around them. Period.

Listen, for the 4-5 games right before his injury he was playing elite football. I said that in my first post. The first year with Chicago, he played like absolute garbage, last year, he played slightly better. He hasn't played like an elite quarterback his entire career. Was he becoming one before the injury? It looked like it. Was he before then? Not even fukin close. Hes gone to the playoffs once.

He's been a turnover machine his career, this is just the facts, I'm not sure how you can argue with that. I'm just posting facts (stats). That's the proof in the pudding I was talking about. Kyle orton could do what he's doing with this group, and Rex took a group like this to the super bowl for us.
    You lost me at Kyle Orton.

zsr

You lost me at Kyle Orton.
    What has cutler done that orton couldn't have done? he's won one playoff game, while putting up barely average numbers.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-24-11 at 12:58 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

What has cutler done that orton couldn't have done?
    Plenty. If you think Orton can do what Cutler does, God bless.

So you're telling me that Cutler doesn't make Earl Bennett better, right? That's what you're saying?

zsr

Plenty. If you think Orton can do what Cutler does, God bless.

So you're telling me that Cutler doesn't make Earl Bennett better, right? That's what you're saying?
    Plenty like what? He hasn't put up numbers that orton couldn't, and hes won one playoff game. That's what matters. I guess he's turned the ball over twice as much as orton would have too. He was brought here to bring the team to the next level, he hasn't.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Plenty like what? He hasn't put up numbers that orton couldn't, and hes won one playoff game. That's what matters. I guess he's turned the ball over twice as much as orton would have too. He was brought here to bring the team to the next level, he hasn't.
    We'll agree to disagree.

But first, tell me how many playoff games Kyle Orton has won, now in his 7th season in the NFL (Cutler in his 6th). And as I speak, Orton throws an INT in the endzone (idiot me bet on him today too).

Bob Loblaw

First ... 23456 Last