Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I did not know that was a chick I was talking to or I would have understood... Ok now that I know I will make an adjustment.

As a "chick" on this forum, I like to say that I know at least as much about football as some or all of the d*cks around here.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Awww sweetie your outlook on football is soo cute... You just keeping watching and you'll enjoy it even more as time passes... Go Paaaaaaaaaaaats!!!
    This is a solid post.

I wonder if Tom Brady looked more like Mark Rypien, if many of the front-running females would still be fans. I don't believe it is the Super Bowl rings that attracts them to the team but I could be wrong..

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    As a "chick" on this forum, I like to say that I know at least as much about football as some or all of the d*cks around here.
    That's cute... the "don't think I don't know as much as you because I am a female" prospective...

Well I bet you just do...

Sportsgirl

That's cute... the "don't think I don't know as much as you because I am a female" prospective...

Well I bet you just do...

Actually, you're kinda cute - bringing up the male/female distinction and then passing it off on someone else. Why, that's just stinkin' adorable!

ShamsWoof10

Actually, you're kinda cute - bringing up the male/female distinction and then passing it off on someone else. Why, that's just stinkin' adorable!
    Yeah I am pretty cute actually but I admit some of it is fake... Cosmo surgery..

Anyway I never passed it off to anyone and if I did then whoever has it PASS IT BACK DAMNIT!!! We'll do it on this play too...

OK LET'S GO.... SLOT LEFT...MOTION ...SPLIT 300 SCREEN LEFT ..on 3 GOT IT GIRLS..???

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I think the testosterone makes them loopy, SportySpice. Apparently having a uterus means we aren't capable of understanding sports and all. I should get back to my kitchen.

(and that is said with tongue firmly in cheek for those not smart enough to grasp the sarcasm)

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Yeah I am pretty cute actually but I admit some of it is fake... Cosmo surgery..

Anyway I never passed it off to anyone and if I did then whoever has it PASS IT BACK DAMNIT!!! We'll do it on this play too...

OK LET'S GO.... SLOT LEFT...MOTION ...SPLIT 300 SCREEN LEFT ..on 3 GOT IT GIRLS..???

Kindly remove your hand. You'll find no football hiked there.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I should get back to my kitchen.
    Hey don't forget to stop in the bedroom on your way there...

Sportsgirl

Nah, let's pull the guard and run a sweep instead.

Now, Shams, have you got all your housework done yet?
    Last edited by Sportsgirl; 12-17-07 at 08:15 PM.

ShamsWoof10

Nah, let's pull the guards and run a sweep instead.

Now, Shams, have you got all your housework done yet?
    THE GUARDS..??? You want to pull both of them..? You better one on fast as* guard on the opposite side.. Hehe you are so cute.. "pull the guards.."

Noooooo I am not totally done... I did some of it but I got caught up in playing with my helmets... My client has a signing late this month with W. Welker and he needs 11 Welkers but I promise I'll get to it in a minute...

Sportsgirl

THE GUARDS..??? You want to pull both of them..? You better one on fast as* guard on the opposite side.. Hehe you are so cute.. "pull the guards.."

Noooooo I am not totally done... I did some of it but I got caught up in playing with my helmets... My client has a signing late this month with W. Welker and he needs 11 Welkers but I promise I'll get to it in a minute...

Is that what you're calling it now? Well, hurry up - the floor need mopping, and while you're in the kitchen, could you crack me open a cold one? Thanks.

Incidentally, just because my running play was better than yours doesn't mean you need to pick on a poor girl's typo.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I hate to break it to you but both guards are pulled on some sweeps. Playside guard kicks out the end and backside pulls, turns up and blocks first backer inside or first threat.

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I hate to break it to you but both guards are pulled on some sweeps. Playside guard kicks out the end and backside pulls, turns up and blocks first backer inside or first threat.
    Yeah I know you can but that would have to be a fast backside guard to get to the linebacker... Don't forget about that gap where there could be a blitzing middle linebacker or a DTackle penatrating... That cold bust the play up before it starts... You can...but you can pull the whole line if you want IMO I am saying it's not advised..

ShamsWoof10

Is that what you're calling it now? Well, hurry up - the floor need mopping, and while you're in the kitchen, could you crack me open a cold one? Thanks.

Incidentally, just because my running play was better than yours doesn't mean you need to pick on a poor girl's typo.
    Oh yeah... and YOU!!!.. I didn't mop the floor and it's not going to happen until tomorrow... I'll get you a cold one though and we'll see tonight..don't forget the aspirin..

The Seer

Yeah I know you can but that would have to be a fast backside guard to get to the linebacker... Don't forget about that gap where there could be a blitzing middle linebacker or a DTackle penatrating... That cold bust the play up before it starts... You can...but you can pull the whole line if you want IMO I am saying it's not advised..

The fullback fills the gap for the backside pulliing guard and the playside A gap is filledbecause the center blocks playside a and playside tackle is blocking down.

The Seer

You can...but you can pull the whole line if you want IMO I am saying it's not advised..

You can never pull more than 2 interior lineman, there would be too much leakage. The Counter Treyas used by the Redskins pulled the guard and tackle. They won superbowls doing this with "slow" linemen.One kicks, the other goes up to linebacker. Today, NFL team employ zone blocking schemes where they mainly try to get a body on a body and let athletic backs find lanes, however, NFL teams pull linemen and get them on linebackers every game. Don't follow the ball when you watch the game, follow the lineplay and you will see. I know because I have many friends that teach these concepts. I coach football for a living.

ShamsWoof10

You can never pull more than 2 interior lineman, there would be too much leakage. The Counter Treyas used by the Redskins pulled the guard and tackle. They won superbowls doing this with "slow" linemen.One kicks, the other goes up to linebacker. Today, NFL team employ zone blocking schemes where they mainly try to get a body on a body and let athletic backs find lanes, however, NFL teams pull linemen and get them on linebackers every game. Don't follow the ball when you watch the game, follow the lineplay and you will see. I know because I have many friends that teach these concepts. I coach football for a living.
    Yeah but taking a full back to fill instead of having him on the linebacker where the pulling guard would be makes more sense.... You are right on the Trey and it was a 70's and 80's thing I agree... IMO it faded for the same reason pulling both guards isn't used that often anymore.. the DLinemen and LBackers are waaaaaaay faster...

I coached for 8 years and it's in our playbook to pull both guards but it doesn't work well... I disagree with it...

The Seer

Yeah but taking a full back to fill instead of having him on the linebacker where the pulling guard would be makes more sense....
    Not if the linebackers are keying on the fullback which they would out of the I or offset I. The FB are primarily leadblockers. The reason they don't pull as much is because with zone blocking they can get a body on a body at the point of attack and the back has more freedom to find lanes instead of having one hole or nothing.

Sportsgirl

You can never pull more than 2 interior lineman, there would be too much leakage.
    Can I interupt some great football talk with a little aside, to say that I just hate leakage.

Sportsgirl

Not if the linebackers are keying on the fullback which they would out of the I or offset I. The FB are primarily leadblockers. The reason they don't pull as much is because with zone blocking they can get a body on a body at the point of attack and the back has more freedom to find lanes instead of having one hole or nothing.
    I was talking about this scenario in my original post.

swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    So you basically just thought Tom Brady was good looking, saw the success they were having and decided to hop right on the bandwagon? You are more of an entertained spectator than an actual fan. I'm not knocking you, there are plenty similar 'fans' such as yourself, that's why the only noise I hear out of Gilette Stadium is after a huge Patriots play, they never actually are a factor like a crowd in Seattle is. God forbid the other team is driving, turns into a library in that stadium unless it's a big 3rd down, then you may get a little noise.
    Okay, okay...I can see why you would think that...and I know a lot of chicks around here that parade around in their pink Brady jerseys because they are cute and he's sooo dreamy.

I have always been a Pats fan. My brother is a Steelers fan...my dad is a Vikings fan...I stuck with the home team. I may not know all the stats and I may not be able to rattle off specific plays from each game over the last 10 years, but I am NO bandwagon jumper. The reason I got MORE into it this year is that I met my boyfriend. He's a season ticket holder and a Pats fanatic. What can I say? His "fandom" is contagious. He's got me watching sports center instead of my beloved mindless reality TV. I've always loved football, but he's created a monster now...which would be why after being invited here more than once by the lovely Sportsgirl, I have decided to come here to play with you guys.

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I believe you, especially about her getting riled up over the Red Sox but that's the point I'm making.

She admitted she was not an avid football fan until this season, and I believe many Patriots fans are in the same boat. It is literally one of the most quiet stadiums in the NFL unless the Patriots are scoring. That doesn't reflect true fans. That's people who want to see the Patriots score and be entertained.

All of these "fans" who pick up major interest when their team is doing insanely well are not true fans, and after Tom Brady rides off into the sunset they'll probably lose interest.

Ummm...when's the last time you were in Gillette? Just askin'

Cuz I was there December 9th for the Steelers game...let me tell ya, it is LOUD when you're sitting 8 rows back from the 20.

swede96

But when you consider the century they have had so far (hee hee), I imagine their stadium has been quite noisy. Just because she is now an "avid" fan doesn't mean squat. Except that this year, she has someone who is willing to sit down, go to games, explain the ins and the outs, thus educating her. It's a lot more fun when you understand what all is happening out there and feel like you "know" the players. And she can't help it that Tom Brady is a hottie. But if you look, most QBs are. I think its a law that way back in junior high, you cannot play QB unless you are cute. I think the cheerleaders vote on that.
    Hey, I knew most of the rules. I was one of the only ones on my high school squad that did! I would cringe everytime one of the Captains would start a "First and Ten" cheer when we were on 3rd down...or defense...no wonder they call cheerleaders stupid.

swede96

So you expect a first down run but also expect the defense to stop them..???

Ummmm no it's NOT OK...

As a DE (Defensive End) I am going to get close enough to that pussy Brady to be able to breath on him so he will fall... When I do that the OLineman who's as* I kicked on that play to get there did not execute his block and I executed a nice swim technique... In short your statement has no thought behind it...

I did not know that was a chick I was talking to or I would have understood... Ok now that I know I will make an adjustment..

Awww sweetie your outlook on football is soo cute... You just keeping watching and you'll enjoy it even more as time passes... Go Paaaaaaaaaaaats!!!

I find it mildly amusing that this guys talks to me like this and I was issued a warning for personally attacking him. Cute.

Dear Sham,
    Let's make peas.
    nnlnn,
    Swede

swede96

Thank you!! And I am lucky to have you on my side, SG. I value your opinion more than most of these dudes.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Cool, you're back boo. I thought you were history on this forum.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by swede96 View Post
    Hey, I knew most of the rules. I was one of the only ones on my high school squad that did! I would cringe everytime one of the Captains would start a "First and Ten" cheer when we were on 3rd down...or defense...no wonder they call cheerleaders stupid.
    No insult intended, doll. I've been a football fan since I was potty trained and while quite knowledgable, still don't know everything.

And in high school, I laughed at those cheerleaders who never "got" the game they were cheering for.

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    Cool, you're back boo. I thought you were history on this forum.
    Nope...been sick all week. You're not gettin rid of me that easy.

swede96

No insult intended, doll. I've been a football fan since I was potty trained and while quite knowledgable, still don't know everything.

And in high school, I laughed at those cheerleaders who never "got" the game they were cheering for.
    Yeah...they gave us all a bad name. We'd be at 4th and goal and somewhere at the end of the line I'd hear: "D-E-F-E-N-S-E..." I just stood there and let them look like idoits. I was the one getting in trouble for being distracted because I was actually watching the game.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Nope...been sick all week. You're not gettin rid of me that easy.
    don't want to get rid you, I think you know more then alot people on this forum.

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    don't want to get rid you, I think you know more then alot people on this forum.
    My my...someone left off his meanie-pants this morning.

ShamsWoof10

I find it mildly amusing that this guys talks to me like this and I was issued a warning for personally attacking him. Cute.

Dear Sham,
    Let's make peas.
    nnlnn,
    Swede

Who said you attacked me and who issued this so called warning...?

swede96

Who said you attacked me and who issued this so called warning...?

One of the moderators sent me a PM for personally attacking another member.

So-called? Cuz I would lie about being reported...because only the cool kids get in trouble?

You can check my profile. It's right in there.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Yeah...they gave us all a bad name. We'd be at 4th and goal and somewhere at the end of the line I'd hear: "D-E-F-E-N-S-E..." I just stood there and let them look like idoits. I was the one getting in trouble for being distracted because I was actually watching the game.

I recall one game where the other team had the ball, our cheerleaders started yelling "We want a touchdown...TD" and the band started yelling at the cheerleaders "No we don't. They have the ball!" It was funny.

ShamsWoof10

One of the moderators sent me a PM for personally attacking another member.

So-called? Cuz I would lie about being reported...because only the cool kids get in trouble?

You can check my profile. It's right in there.
    HA! what an over reaction I can't believe they would send you that... You should get a warning for claiming to know football as muich as any guy in here... I didn't think you "attacked" me though.. wow touchy...

First 1234 Last