Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    What is it with me, I know football. The most overrated positon in pro footbal is the quarterback. The average NFL fan will blame things on the quarterback or the coach. When a team wins the two people that get themost credidt are the quarterback and the coach. I believe the top two teams in the league are the pats and then the Dallas. Yea Brady is the best quarterback in the league and Romo is top 3 but if it were not for the offensive lines then these teams would be no where. Both quarterbacks are getting lots of time to throw the ball and have good playmakers. The offensive line has been great al year but not in this game. Same reason why patriots barely got by the eagles, Brady was under presure all night unlike alot of the other games. Brady is great, hall of famer, Romo is going to be a force in the nfl for awhile but without the offensive line these quarterbacks would not nearly have the season they are gaving without time to throw the football.
    I'm pleased to finally agree with you, Genius. While those watching the Steelers/Jags game yesterday saw Roethlisberger play his guts out, the o-line let him down big. When you're beat at the line of scrimmage, you're beat. Steelers were lucky to play it that close and almost come back in the end. Seems not only the offensive line let the team down, but I see for a second week in a row, that the Steelers were also out-coached. While you can't place blame soley on the QB, you also can't discount what's going on on the sidelines and I think Pittsburgh's coach needs to adjust his gameplan if his team is to make it through the first round of the playoffs.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl View Post
    I'm pleased to finally agree with you, Genius. While those watching the Steelers/Jags game yesterday saw Roethlisberger play his guts out, the o-line let him down big. When you're beat at the line of scrimmage, you're beat. Steelers were lucky to play it that close and almost come back in the end. Seems not only the offensive line let the team down, but I see for a second week in a row, that the Steelers were also out-coach. while you can't place blame soley on the QB, you also can't discount what's going on on the sidelines and I think Pittsburgh's coach needs to adjust his gameplan if his team is to make it through the first round of the playoffs.
    Right on, that's the main reason i do not Like the Steelers, he is one of the more sacked quarterbacks int he league, and I have seen him break alot of tackles this year that would have been at least 5 or 6 more sacks.

swede96
    swede96's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow...you're kidding, right? Brady takes heat WAY better than Manning. Ses Pats/Colts game. Manning, why not just HAND us the ball?! Oh that's right, you did.

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by swede96 View Post
    Wow...you're kidding, right? Brady takes heat WAY better than Manning. Ses Pats/Colts game. Manning, why not just HAND us the ball?! Oh that's right, you did.
    Uh oh, Boo is getting angry

swede96

I'm pleased to finally agree with you, Genius. While those watching the Steelers/Jags game yesterday saw Roethlisberger play his guts out, the o-line let him down big. When you're beat at the line of scrimmage, you're beat. Steelers were lucky to play it that close and almost come back in the end. Seems not only the offensive line let the team down, but I see for a second week in a row, that the Steelers were also out-coached. While you can't place blame soley on the QB, you also can't discount what's going on on the sidelines and I think Pittsburgh's coach needs to adjust his gameplan if his team is to make it through the first round of the playoffs.
    You gotta love Big Ben. The guy takes hits like no other. I think he's WAY underrated. Of course, it helps that Ben is one HUGE man! What did I see on the highlights, SG, did he really break a hit then throw it on his way down from the second one? Brilliant. Bravo Ben. He is quickly becoming my second favorite QB.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I did NOT say I would take Manning over Brady I said I would take Romo over BOTH!!!!! Manning looks like a tree when he has to move and Brady is just a pussy period... I don't think I can recall seeing a QB go down with such ease but he's probably not use of getting hit...

swede96

Uh oh, Boo is getting angry
    Not angry, but it's absurd to compare Brady's grace under pressure to Manning's lack there of. Compare him to Ben...that's cool...I'll give you that. But Manning? Yikes. The guy wuld be nowhere without his line. At least Brady gets something done when his is failing him...not much...but enough for the win.

And I'm not saying that the QB should get all the credit for a winning season, but shit, they get all the blame when a team loses...why not a little extra kudos when they lead their team to victory?

swede96

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I did NOT say I would take Manning over Brady I said I would take Romo over BOTH!!!!! Manning looks like a tree when he has to move and Brady is just a pussy period... I don't think I can recall seeing a QB go down with such ease but he's probably not use of getting hit...

Brady doesn't like getting hit...and we don't like seeing him get hit. He gets a few yards if he can, then gets on the ground before he gets hurt. Smart, if you ask me.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

It also helps when you have receivers that actually catch the football when its thrown to them. Just ask Eli. (I really need my little smiley with the devil horns)

MJFtheGenius

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    It also helps when you have receivers that actually catch the football when its thrown to them. Just ask Eli. (I really need my little smiley with the devil horns)
    half the time Eli is throwing the ball to the wrong team.

swede96

Agreed, Bad Nina...I have been looking for the ebil smilie ever since I got here.

swede96

Gah....I feel bad for THAT guy at Thanksgiving and Holiday parties.

Dad: "So, Peyton....GREAT job this season, son...you're mom and I are so proud of you! And our sweet Eli....can you pass the gravy? Nevermind son, I'll come down there and get it."

You see...this is where I need the devil horns.

ShamsWoof10

Not angry, but it's absurd to compare Brady's grace under pressure to Manning's lack there of. Compare him to Ben...that's cool...I'll give you that. But Manning? Yikes. The guy wuld be nowhere without his line. At least Brady gets something done when his is failing him...not much...but enough for the win.
    NO SH*T and that applies to Brady too... Yesterday against the Jets there was two plays where I saw him have 7 seconds to throw and when he did there was STILL no one around him...

You are the average fan...

I remember when I was coaching our nose tackle, who was a small stocky quick wrestler, got through the guard/center gap untouched at the snap and took the hand off back the other way for a ShamsWoof TD... I am standing next to coach when he hear fans in the stands saying... "Hey coach that was a good play.. why don't you call that play more often..???" You remind me of that fan!!!

swede96

All I'm saying is that Brady's line has failed him more than once and he's still managed a win. Was every play perfect, no. But I think the Pats record speaks for itself. They have a great team this year. When one element is failing, the others pick up the slack.

ShamsWoof10

There has NOT been a game yet where Brady's line has failed him... You think that because you are a spoiled fan...

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Well its the Christmas season and he's a giver. I was never as impressed with him during his college days either. Let's face it. He was drafted as high as he was because of his daddy and brother.

swede96

Not an entire game, no....but certain plays, yes.

Why call me a spoiled fan? You don't know me. I'm having a nice chat here. No need to get personal.

ShamsWoof10

Not an entire game, no....but certain plays, yes.
    Are you serious??? You expect them to execute their blocks on every play..? Geeee I'm sorry I guess I was out of line to call you "SPOILED"...

swede96

No, I'm not. I'm expecting them to be human and make mistakes...and when that happens, I expect my QB to compensate and make something happen. Just like when the defense screws up...I expect the offensive to pull something big to make up for it...and vice versa. Usually, my team does just that. Isn't that what a good sports team should do?

ShamsWoof10

No, I'm not. I'm expecting them to be human and make mistakes...and when that happens, I expect my QB to compensate and make something happen. Just like when the defense screws up...I expect the offensive to pull something big to make up for it...and vice versa. Usually, my team does just that. Isn't that what a good sports team should do?
    Well then why don't you give me an example of a play where Brady's line let him down and he "compensated" by making something happen...?

I'll start.. Romo got a first down with that snap that went over his head... No f*ckin' way could Brady do sh*t like that...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

While you can't place blame soley on the QB, you also can't discount what's going on on the sidelines and I think Pittsburgh's coach needs to adjust his gameplan if his team is to make it through the first round of the playoffs.
    I'm going to be honest here. I don't think he's good enough yet to carry a team on his shoulders, unless he's playing a defense like Cleveland's..

It's no slight to his athleticism, don't get me wrong the guy has talent. Maybe you can place a lot of it on the system he's in, but the fact is if you want optimal Big Ben, it's going to be the running game is going great, and he's passing maybe 25 times a game....

His strengths are not that of a Brady, Manning, or even Romo.... he's a different kind of player, so let's identify that for a moment. When the ball is snapped, Big Ben knows what to do, problem with him is pre-snap the guy doesn't know what's coming. He's sacked so many times because he's like a deer in headlights, so let's not hang his offensive line because he doesn't make the necessary adjustments or release the ball quicker. Pittsburgh fans are going to start to realize that in the coming weeks, when you have all off-season to think about what went wrong...

swede96

Well then why don't you give me an example of a play where Brady's line let him down and he "compensated" by making something happen...?

I'll start.. Romo got a first down with that snap that went over his head... No f*ckin' way could Brady do sh*t like that...

Fine football god...I don't have a specific example...you win...I grow bored with you...you won a fight on the internets...you must be so proud.

I have yet to see a snap go over Brady's head.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I'm going to be honest here. I don't think he's good enough yet to carry a team on his shoulders, unless he's playing a defense like Cleveland's..

It's no slight to his athleticism, don't get me wrong the guy has talent. Maybe you can place a lot of it on the system he's in, but the fact is if you want optimal Big Ben, it's going to be the running game is going great, and he's passing maybe 25 times a game....

His strengths are not that of a Brady, Manning, or even Romo.... he's a different kind of player, so let's identify that for a moment. When the ball is snapped, Big Ben knows what to do, problem with him is pre-snap the guy doesn't know what's coming. He's sacked so many times because he's like a deer in headlights, so let's not hang his offensive line because he doesn't make the necessary adjustments or release the ball quicker. Pittsburgh fans are going to start to realize that in the coming weeks, when you have all off-season to think about what went wrong...
    I was blaming Mike Tomlin.

swede96

Let's all blame Tomlin...me no likie that guy...except the fact that he kinda makes my pannies tingle for some reason...perhaps because he looks like Omar Epps...what were we talking about?

ShamsWoof10

Fine football god...I don't have a specific example...you win...I grow bored with you...you won a fight on the internets...you must be so proud.

I have yet to see a snap go over Brady's head.
    I am but I would be more proud if it was a knowledgeable football fan..

By the way copycat I didn't say you had to give me the same example (a ball going over his head) I just said give me AN example where his line failed him and he compensated...

Last edited by ShamsWoof10; 12-17-07 at 12:02 PM.

SBR Lou

I was blaming Mike Tomlin.
    I understand, I'm saying you should put some more of that where it belongs, on #7's shoulders. There's only so much people can condemn his offensive line or coaching.

swede96

Hey Sham, Do you get off on being a douchebag? If so...I bet you need to go change you tighty whities.

ShamsWoof10

Hey Sham, Do you get off on being a douchebag? If so...I bet you need to go change you tighty whities.
    It's funny how comments like this start coming out when a person start feeling stupid...

Is Batty really gone.????

swede96

You know, I don't claim to know everything about the sport. I don't know all the stats...I can't rattle off random plays at will. I will whole-heartedly admit that I didn't even become an avid football fan until this season. But I know enough. I know a good player and a good team when I see it. I know I've seen Tom Brady and the Pats pull off some fantastic plays...

SBR Lou

I will whole-heartedly admit that I didn't even become an avid football fan until this season. But I know enough. I know a good player and a good team when I see it. I know I've seen Tom Brady and the Pats pull off some fantastic plays...
    So you basically just thought Tom Brady was good looking, saw the success they were having and decided to hop right on the bandwagon? You are more of an entertained spectator than an actual fan. I'm not knocking you, there are plenty similar 'fans' such as yourself, that's why the only noise I hear out of Gilette Stadium is after a huge Patriots play, they never actually are a factor like a crowd in Seattle is. God forbid the other team is driving, turns into a library in that stadium unless it's a big 3rd down, then you may get a little noise.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

What is it with me, I know football. The most overrated positon in pro footbal is the quarterback. The average NFL fan will blame things on the quarterback or the coach. When a team wins the two people that get themost credidt are the quarterback and the coach. I believe the top two teams in the league are the pats and then the Dallas. Yea Brady is the best quarterback in the league and Romo is top 3 but if it were not for the offensive lines then these teams would be no where. Both quarterbacks are getting lots of time to throw the ball and have good playmakers. The offensive line has been great al year but not in this game. Same reason why patriots barely got by the eagles, Brady was under presure all night unlike alot of the other games. Brady is great, hall of famer, Romo is going to be a force in the nfl for awhile but without the offensive line these quarterbacks would not nearly have the season they are gaving without time to throw the football.
    very good analysis it is very rare for a QB to ever have a good day if the O line has a bad day. Sometimes its not even that they had a bad day just bad O line to begin with (no im not talking about Dalllas or Pats just in general terms )

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Are you serious??? You expect them to execute their blocks on every play..? Geeee I'm sorry I guess I was out of line to call you "SPOILED"...

I expect all players on the field to execute on every play. Especially pros. It's kinda what they are paid to do. OK...some college players too.

And as for the other, trust me. Swede is no bandwagon fan. She has been an ardent supporter of her "hometown" teams for as long as I've known her. Wait until baseball season and watch her get all riled up over the Red Sox.

SBR Lou

And as for the other, trust me. Swede is no bandwagon fan. She has been an ardent supporter of her "hometown" teams for as long as I've known her. Wait until baseball season and watch her get all riled up over the Red Sox.
    I believe you, especially about her getting riled up over the Red Sox but that's the point I'm making.

She admitted she was not an avid football fan until this season, and I believe many Patriots fans are in the same boat. It is literally one of the most quiet stadiums in the NFL unless the Patriots are scoring. That doesn't reflect true fans. That's people who want to see the Patriots score and be entertained.

All of these "fans" who pick up major interest when their team is doing insanely well are not true fans, and after Tom Brady rides off into the sunset they'll probably lose interest.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

But when you consider the century they have had so far (hee hee), I imagine their stadium has been quite noisy. Just because she is now an "avid" fan doesn't mean squat. Except that this year, she has someone who is willing to sit down, go to games, explain the ins and the outs, thus educating her. It's a lot more fun when you understand what all is happening out there and feel like you "know" the players. And she can't help it that Tom Brady is a hottie. But if you look, most QBs are. I think its a law that way back in junior high, you cannot play QB unless you are cute. I think the cheerleaders vote on that.

ShamsWoof10

I expect all players on the field to execute on every play. Especially pros. It's kinda what they are paid to do. OK...some college players too.
    So you expect a first down run but also expect the defense to stop them..???

Ummmm no it's NOT OK...

As a DE (Defensive End) I am going to get close enough to that pussy Brady to be able to breath on him so he will fall... When I do that the OLineman who's as* I kicked on that play to get there did not execute his block and I executed a nice swim technique... In short your statement has no thought behind it...

I did not know that was a chick I was talking to or I would have understood... Ok now that I know I will make an adjustment..

Awww sweetie your outlook on football is soo cute... You just keeping watching and you'll enjoy it even more as time passes... Go Paaaaaaaaaaaats!!!

First 1234 Last