imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oh my God!!!!!! San Diego -2.5 looks good for Oct 1st

I wonder if everyone realizes how good San Diego is? They play just fine on the road.. and I am still not sold on Baltimore being an elite team.. They both have amazing defenses but the Chargers have a better Offense.. SD -2.5 -101 looks amazing!!

sjelveh
    sjelveh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have had this game circled for a while and I’m really glad the raven’s barley beat the browns, because I like the ravens in this game.lt not going to light up the ravens d like the titans and raiders, rivers will have to make plays to win this game, and I don’t see him making those play. The browns game was a look ahead game for the ravens and I think they take this game next week am jumping on ravens ml. Am sorry but rivers wont have an easy game this week, and he will lose them this game.
    Last edited by sjelveh; 09-24-06 at 08:58 PM.

imgv94

I think the Ravens are as susceptible to turnovers as the Chargers are. Rivers has LT and Gates to help get pressure off of him.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I don't know if I really trust Rivers, maybe the Chargers offense is not more susceptible, but the Ravens defense has more playmakers to force those turnovers. I like San Francisco and Oakland for Sunday as of right now.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

hmmmm interesting matchup

basically this is all about rivers vs intimidating balt def

SD have played arguably the 2 worst teams in the league

i would assume a lot of short screens for LT

not sure how i'll play this if at all yet

sjelveh

i know art shell is tough aftre a bye but the browns have looked good latley. i just couldent a chance on the raiders right now.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that BAL is oversupported, but for SD I'd be nervous about exactly what GG mentions -- SD is an untested 2-0 and Rivers is no sure thing facing road adversity for the first time. They just might chew him up there. Are SD bettors confident they could play from behind?

Did anyone see what this one opened at? I was floored to see SD by 2.5 right off the bat -- figured they would open +2 or pick at the worst.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

At first glance, I'm 100% on your wagon here.
    Balt's defense is top 10 in the league, but VERY vulnerable against a good tactician. Read: Martyball

That does seem like a sick pick right now... Baltimore is not a good offensive team (lets face it, Jamal Lewis is serviceable at best - like a poor man's "Bus" on life support), despite McNair and Mason.

I think the line might move in SD's favor, though... I don't think anyone really watched the Balt/Cle game today.... They'll just see the Ravens won.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Edgar
    I was floored to see SD by 2.5 right off the bat -- figured they would open +2 or pick at the worst.
    Same here. I think it opened at 3.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope SD wins this because I will be all over the steelers when they visit SD the week after. With 2 weeks to prepare and heal some of the wounded I'm looking forward to that one.

Tricky
    Tricky's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNair needs a dependable runner to get himself going - when it's not there he struggles and so goes the offense. If the Ravens don't jump out to a lead their defense plays with much less aggression. I see SD scoring first, J Lewis getting stuffed and McNair hounded by a persistent pass rush. Chargers -2.5 a solid bet.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

How does marty do off a bye week?

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

imgv4, i like the chargers here all the way up to -6 (i think). should be a great game, classic offense vs defense scenario. and guess who has impressed me most so far?? SHAWNE MERRIMAN!!! The guy is a caged animal. I mean seriously, everybody is overlooking the underated D on this team. They could a long way, and then choke per normal first round of the playoffs, because the got schottenheimer at the helm. But, they will have a great regular season, maybe 13-3 , or 14-2.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe I'm too much in love with the Ravens, even after yesterday. But, I can't believe they're getting points from anyone at home, much less the Chargers. I'm still shellshocked from some bad picks on Sunday, but I want to jump all over the Ravens on this game. I'll report back later in the week after I calm down. If the lines crosses the 3, I'm definitely buying the Ravens.

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have to with Baltimore at home plus the points in this one.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I wonder if everyone realizes how good San Diego is? They play just fine on the road.. and I am still not sold on Baltimore being an elite team.. They both have amazing defenses but the Chargers have a better Offense.. SD -2.5 -101 looks amazing!!
    I hope your not sold on Phillip Rivers yet.

The way the ravens played against the browns does make this look good though.

sjelveh

This game is going to be decided by if Phillip Rivers can make plays, and I just don’t see him making the plays for the chargers to win this game. Let me put this way in a close game who would you bet on if they had the ball, and the qb had to drive the ball down the field to win.

Steve mcnair
    Phillip Rivers

My money on Steve mcnair. And my money will be on the ravens also Shawn MERRIMAN is a great player but I want to see him dominate some good team before we call him the second coming of the real L.T

InSpades
    InSpades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Another thing to consider:

If there is one person that can contain Shawn Merriman, its Jonathan Ogden. That could be the key matchup of the game.

IS

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

take the points

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen Ogden get schooled before I believe by the Colts lineman whose name I can't remember right now. Ogden will be consistent in stopping Merriman IMO.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Point well taken. It is going to be a long day for both teams O lines, that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades
    Another thing to consider:

If there is one person that can contain Shawn Merriman, its Jonathan Ogden. That could be the key matchup of the game.

IS

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Not sold on SD yet but I will play under 34 both D's seem legit

McBa1n
    Update your status

I think you don't watch Martyball much if you think Rivers will be the deciding factor in this game. 2 other things - Look at Marty's record coming off a bye week. I don't know yet, I havn't looked, but I think he's a top tactician and with 2 weeks to prepare for a team that's good, not great, you have to like your chances (stats pending).

Look closer at LT vs Ravens D and Ravens RBs vs SD Defense
    There-in is the winner.
    Rivers is a null factor.
    McNair COULD be the x-factor, though.

imgv94

I don't think Rivers will be the deciding factor as well..

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I've been thinking a little more on this one, and still like the Ravens. But, I think I'll play a bunch of teasers with them, getting some extra points just to be safe. There's no way the Ravens get blown out at home by San Diego.

sjelveh

There is no way Ray Lewis and the rest of that raven d is going to let L.T beat them. I see rivers with more then a couple 3rd and 6 to 10, if he can make plays the chargers win if he can’t ravens win. so basically it comes down to the ravens defense stopping L.T and it can be done remember the charger Philly game last year, the ravens will use that same scheme, we will definitely see what rivers is made of Sunday. Ravens ml for me and I think am leaning towards Seahawks ml as well.

Imgv94 am curious what you think I think with that 4 receiver set the hawks use, will make that bear d look like nothing special. I mean I assume if the hawks can keep 4 db on the field that can’t be good for the bears. Leaning towered the over as well

McBa1n
    Update your status

Another note:
    Ogden's play is DEFINITLY off. He looked blah in pre-season (I know, I know... hehe) - but in watching him trying to handle Cleveland's linebackers and ends (which aren't that good), he got NO push at all and his feet weren't very fleet (never really his strong suit). Actually, he got away with some bad holds that he can get away with on reputation.

If anyone has the game on Tivo - watch just Ogden... his tools are definitly on the down-side. He's one of the 10 best at the position in the NFL, but he is on the way down (and probably has 6-8 years left in the NFL).

I don't believe he's good enough anymore to legitimatly handle a player like Merriman without either help from his team or the refs.

imgv94

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by rolemand
    I've seen Ogden get schooled before I believe by the Colts lineman whose name I can't remember right now. Ogden will be consistent in stopping Merriman IMO.
    freeney has torched ogden 2 different games

i don't pay much attention to ogden unless he is playing the bears or colts but he may need to switch to guard if his feet are getting too slow

Gamehendge
    Gamehendge's Avatar Become A Pro!

chargers may be a nice ML this week

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Going with Balt here. Rivers on the road against a good defense.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Wow. Baltimore now favored.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marty-ball... How to give a sure win away. What an idiot. Running the ball the entire 2nd half.

sjelveh

i will take mcnair anyday vs rivers

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I initially loved SD, but stayed away because it looked like a trap.

12 Last