McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I've said it a billion times - I hate betting against McNair. The guy has torched me plenty. I still don't regret riding SD. I think SD played a VERY good 1st half (first rate, really). Not sure wtf they were doing in the 2nd half, but it wasn't very good...
    McNair the stupid x-factor. Heh, he did what he had to do when he had to do it. He shouldn't have had the chance. You just CAN'T give him the chance to beat you.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's MARTYBALL!!!

Marty knows how to take a win and make sure his opponent always feels like they have a chance to steal the victory.

This is nothing new for Marty. He's been doing this his entire coaching career. Eventually they'll figure it out in San Diego and then he'll retread somewhere else.

Marty is the definition of mediocrity.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

My two cents: I was on Balt early in the week. I got scared this morning and scalped out of it for a nice profit.

Having said that, I really think the Chargers outplayed the Ravens today. The Chargers missed some opportunities today with the FG missed and the muffed 50 yd opportunity. I do think both these teams are good and both are probably going to get better as the year progresses. It looked to me that Rivers is going to be good. It also looked to me like McNair was lost today but he's bound to get better as the year progresses.

Just a random thought.

E

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Diego is indeed a better team, but Marty is their coach therefore they will often lose games to lesser teams. It's as simple as that.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

SD should of won the game. The Ravens stole it...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

SD should have won this, but so should Cleveland last week. The good news is the Ravens will be overpriced in the coming weeks and I think they are great bet-against the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    SD should of won the game. The Ravens stole it...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marty is an expert at outthinking himself. Before the missed FG's, and the 2-pt safety, and running the ball for the entire 2H, SD had 3rd and 2 in the BAL red zone with score tied 7-7. You know, just get a 1st down and a new set of downs. Marty comes back after a timeout and decides to surprise the daylight out of the defense by throwing for a TD!

Incomplete!

What do we do now Marty? Err...., lemme think.., FG!

SD doesn't deserve a coach like this.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-02-06 at 12:31 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

I loved that Raven comeback today. Seems like you can not count out that team anymore, anytime in the game.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

We should run some numbers on Martyball. Like SD covering 1H, and not covering 2H. My guess is that could be a winning combo.

Jimmy The Greek
    Jimmy The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marty is a good friend of mine and he still tries to contact me from time to time (god bless him) so I want you all guys to stop pestering him so. He has given me so much insight into the NFL and I've always thought of him as a brother (by that I mean sibling, not a black dude). Lastly, I could always count on him when my picks were down by picking the other guys team to win.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse
    We should run some numbers on Martyball. Like SD covering 1H, and not covering 2H. My guess is that could be a winning combo.
    Sounds good. I follow SD closely and I can recall numerous times this has happened.. GL next week DH

First 12