balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    I was capping this tilt and came across an article that said LeSean McCoy had to tell Young that he was supposed to be in shotgun formation when he lined up under center for his only play last week.

I know he had no grasp of the offense at all earlier in the year when he made an appearance and threw a pick. He and Kafka split reps on Wednesday and Young got most of the reps on Thursday.

I don't think the Eagles have much faith in Young at this point and will go with Vick if he has more than a pulse on Sunday.

Contrary to what the OP would like you to think, you are correct. Tennessee made the offense as simple as they could for Vince and he still had no clue what he was doing in the huddle. The Titan's players were having to correct him in the huddle on a regular basis.

Vince is a mental midget and lacks the work ethic to be as great as he thinks he is.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    5.5 is a razor sharp line.

5.5 says, "You think the G-Men can win by a touch, well, bet it"
    5.5 says "you think Philly can keep the game within a touch, well, bet it"

5.5 says "Giants are about a FG better team on a neutral field, we'll spot the Eagles 3 more points for going into the Meadowlands as the visitors...."

Even though both teams give up 23 points a game, G-Men lead the NFL is sacks, Jason Paul-Pierre is a nobody to the common lunch box fan, but he has 9.5 sacks (1 a game, every game), do I need to talk about the rest of the defensive unit? Near the top in tackles, have the better overall defense.

Philly has weapons on offense, but Eli has been playing lights out since the Seahawk debacle, and he is the 5th highest ranked QB in the NFL, behind the usual suspects, Brady, Rodgers and such.

Eagles better hope that ankle of McCoys is 100 percent, even if it is, he's not getting his nut off tonight against that Giant front, in order for the Eagles to win, Young finds Jackson open in the secondary, because he won't be throwing to Maclin tonight.

Tell me something Eagle fans?
    How is your team going to beat the Giants in the swamp tonight?

Will the Eagles offense interior lineman give Young time to throw? Will they create holes for McCoy to run through?

Will the Eagle pass rush get to Eli?

Will the zebras call a couple of those phantom holding penalties on the Giants in crucial spots?

How? How will the Eagles win tonight?
    You lost me at "that Giant front". Facts are facts. That is not one of them.

They have not stopped anyone on the ground at all. Good pass rush but don't represent that front as anything that is a run stuffer. Going against one of the best backs in the league @ 5.5 a pop.

To say the Giants have the better D is an opinion and again not factual. A quick glance at the defensive rankings will tell you that. Combine that with the strength of schedule rankings and that is just not the case at all.

You will gladly point to the rankings when talking about Manning (who was terrible last week against the Niners D which is ranked only 2 slots ahead of the Eagles and is worse in pass D) but ignore them when you talk about the D.

Convenient opinion.

Not Handicapping though.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

^

So that is a lousy defense that has those 30 sacks?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Philly is done, it'll take a miracle. Great value on the Giants today.

billysink

Stever

C'mon brother read the posts.

You said the Gmen could stuff the run.

I said they have not done so.

I said the pass rush was good. They are.

No one said the defense was lousy. It is middle of the road in total D ranked 18th. That is statistical fact. The Eagles are also middle of the road at 13. Their Achilles is also the run. They have been lousy all year. Unfortunately the Giants do not run the ball well enough to make that an edge in capping the game. May not happen that way but all we have is past performance to go by when assessing this game.

Handicapping is matchup for THAT game. This is a bad matchup for the poor run defense of the Giants that is all the point here is.

Do not attempt to read anything else into it.

I handicap matchups. I am not a fan. Nor do I get into the hype of who does what individually. Game plans are team, matchups are team. Statistics are facts. We can only take a game plan and try to see if the stats back it up.

The sooner the better that some of the punters in this thread take some of that approach. All this booshy opinion is a waste of time.

And money.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    this one will be for jeff fisher... you scumbug you never wanted vince to win and you fuked up his life and ruined his reputation... the guy turns off his phone so he can chill out and all of a sudden hes labelled suicidal lmao

this one is for espn... for riding fishers nutz for years upon years despite the fact that in 15+ years as head coach he won only 3 playoff games.

this one is for kerry collins... you drunk bum you ruined the titans record year after year forcing vince to virtually win every game

this one is for you racist morons that think a stupid wonderlic test has any correlation to the ability to shine on a football field

this one is for the haters.. because haters gonna hate when a black guy is winning and the media sides with the white coach that a typical white guy with a mustache will ride on just because you are all a bunch of hicks.

this one is for the morons who actually think the giants are a contending football team... ERM NO. saints, lions with j.best at rb, bears, cowboys, eagles, even the 49ers... are all better than the giants... this team is crap and i hope they soil themselves on prime time on their own ground

this one is for all the people who cant cap football and are on the giants -4.5 and giants ML

this one is for all the people that think the eagles are done... this is the NFL... if you get hot at the right time you can turn a whole season around. if the eagles beat the giants they pull within 2 of division lead and giants have a terrible schedule. the eagles control their own destiny

its not over yet. get em vince. you`re hella talented and its time for the world to respect you. this is not jason campbell, daunte culpepper, or donovan mcnabb. this isnt jamarcus russell, kordell stewart, etc etc

this is vince young. hes a friggin solid qb with a gun arm and a big heart. he got the job done with NO WEAPONS in tennessee and believe me, with the weapons in philly he will prove his worth.

chris johnson knows what vy is worth. hes worth a PHILLY ML on sunday... hating ******
    Vince Young is a stiff.
    Philly is in disarray.
    Load up on the Giants - 6.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

brahma is summoning his biggest mush deities to lead the eagles past the giants in a rout

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    arent u the same dude that kept saying greg oden was gonna be an all time great??

Leave my boy Oden alone. He's depressed and down. With them bad knees... hard to live up to expectation. Sad story. Could've been one of the greats. He torn that knee during the tourny and hidden it from my Blazers. Costed Pritchard his job. His contract should be on a base salary loaded with incentives on performance.

VY got skills. Should have gone to the Raiders. Same with Vick.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

and that he did.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    lol....you're a bigger idiot than that other homer dlunc.....

I wouldn't say anything if the Giants didn't win a game again for another month. I could care less about the Giants.

Are you aware that the amateur capper that you say is inexperienced for thinking the eagles are a bad team is getting phat fading that team. And the experienced capper realizes that the Eagles are overrated & dysfunctional & incapable of scoring in the 4th Q & are getting phat as well. It's the squares & homers like yourself that refuse to recognize the obvious that are getting buried.

You keep thinking that the Eagles are a playoff team & @ 3-6 have a better chance of winning the division than a team that is 6-3
    You are 3-6 buddy & your team sux. You are NOT making the playoffs.....you got it homer??
    I've always thought Miami fans were the most clueless in sports. Guess I was wrong about that as well.
    weird how this guy disappeared?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

There still 4-6..they have to win every single game to get in. Could happen. Idc vy cashed my plus 6 but man this team is hard to root for. So cocky.

billysink

Well that played out just as I thought it would. NY could not run the ball even against this defense which was near last in stopping it. The Eagles ran the ball enough to win, RB's averaged right around 5 yds per carry.

Eli pooped himself for the second week in a row against a mid tier defence.

All in their own building.

That should be about it for the Giants booshi for the time being.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    There still 4-6..they have to win every single game to get in. Could happen. Idc vy cashed my plus 6 but man this team is hard to root for. So cocky.
    na 6-0 is a tall task... but 5-1 in the last 6 is def doable... giants arent winning 10 games, i said two weeks ago they may lose 7/8... 2 for 2 so far.. dallas should take the division... one slip up, and the eagles could def be in the race ...

hey, at least our qb doesnt have a broken thumb..we will need him if we wanna have a chance vs NE

sucks to hear about thosebears.. time to join us and start building for the draft

dlunc3

i didnt think you guys could win it all, but def had a chance to do what ya did last yr.. cutler is a blow if its true

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call 4th & stupid

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

i have to admit that rookie linebacker from boston college sure sucked and they took good advantage of him. looked like he didn't even belong in the nfl

zsr

Yea cutler being out hurts dlunc..Idk i think hanie is better than people think, i hope we at least get in to the playoffs. Going 7-9 or 8-8 just sucks because your draft pick sucks and you miss the playoffs. I think 9-7 gets in.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

that loss against the cards was ridiculous

zsr

Lol its funny looking back how cocky and arrogant these eagles fans were. Just like there team. Legit bottom 8 team in the NFL. Just atrocious.

First 123