cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

Colorado should be pissed, but that s about it!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    alot of the tickets are already sold by the time the game's are announced. I don't think that has alot to do with it
    I don't think Colorado can sell out a first round game. Michigan St would.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by legendmatt34 View Post
    fla sucks!
    UF had one of the highest non conference RPI's and won the SEC conference. High overall RPI with a senior laden team. UF will make a run in the tourney and probably be in the final 8. Many knowledgeable experts have UF in the final 4.

UF beat KSU at a neutral site (who beat Texas), Xavier in Cincy, FSU in Tallahasee (they beat Duke there), Moorehead State who's in the tourney, and won the SEC. Who else are you going to make a 2??? Quit hating else lose your wad fading a team that will go deep.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

- (31) auto bids
    - (29) teams with an RPI below 50 + at least 3 wins over RPI 1-50
    - (2) teams with an RPI below 30

After that it's basically anyone's best guess. The "after that" teams that were selected were UAB, Michigan, Florida State, Clemson, Marquette, and USC.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I don't think Colorado can sell out a first round game. Michigan St would.
    like I said the tickets are already sold. and you don't buy tickets for one first round game. you get multiple games.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    UF had one of the highest non conference RPI's and won the SEC conference. High overall RPI with a senior laden team. UF will make a run in the tourney and probably be in the final 8. Many knowledgeable experts have UF in the final 4.

UF beat KSU at a neutral site (who beat Texas), Xavier in Cincy, FSU in Tallahasee (they beat Duke there), Moorehead State who's in the tourney, and won the SEC. Who else are you going to make a 2??? Quit hating else lose your wad fading a team that will go deep.

You failed to mention the lost to South Carolina and JACKSONVILLE at home, 2 seed seems a tad high.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

like I said the tickets are already sold. and you don't buy tickets for one first round game. you get multiple games.
    http://www.theledger.com/article/201...eturn-to-Tampa

Single-game tickets will be made available after the teams are selected today.
    According to this the tickets are not sold already. When a popular team plays close to home they will sell at a higher price.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

my bad,
    I stand corrected. I know that in the past i've been shut out early on tickets. because so many secondary dealers (stub-hub ect) have bought them up already, and you have to go through them and pay a mark up

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

I'll post the real reason why colorado didn't make it, I have to have one person with interest first

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    I'll post the real reason why colorado didn't make it, I have to have one person with interest first
    Yea they beat Kstate 3 times and Texas once, but losing to San Francisco and Harvard only hurts their cause.

ttwarrior1

The reason why they didn't make it was political. They are leaving for the pac 10 and the rep for the big 12 stiffed them pretty much and didn't represent them. The big 12 wasn't going to make a dime from colorado and The big 12 just said good riddance to colorado.

If they stayed in the big 12, i guarantee they would of been in.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    You failed to mention the lost to South Carolina and JACKSONVILLE at home, 2 seed seems a tad high.
    Lost 4 games by 6 points in that stretch...

UF was still 11-3 against the top 50. Better then every other #2 team in the country against the top 50. No need to apologize for losses to Jax and UCF. Also went 8-2 on the road and 4-2 on neutral courts. Also went 13-3 in a conference that had the 2nd most tournament bids.

Florida, 11-3 vs RPI top 50, UK 9-5

Better RPI and SOS. Sorry Cat fans...

http://www.teamrankings.com/ncb/rpi/...ating&cat=team

ttwarrior1

remember when the end of the season was important, plus conference tourney. If RPI and rpi vs top 50 mean something then uab, vcu wouldnt be in

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

my bad,
    I stand corrected. I know that in the past i've been shut out early on tickets. because so many secondary dealers (stub-hub ect) have bought them up already, and you have to go through them and pay a mark up
    The NCAA only sells ticket strips which is 6 games which is made up of three two game sessions. they are readily available. On Stubhub you can buy individual 2 game session packages. they are priced pretty high until it gets closer to game time when the prices drops for the first round sessions, they do not sell out. the second round session can sometime sell out and tickets are a little higher for the second round. I got tickets in New Orleans last year for the first 2 sessions for around 25$ the place was half empty

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    remember when the end of the season was important, plus conference tourney. If RPI and rpi vs top 50 mean something then uab, vcu wouldnt be in
    Again UAB won their conference outright, look how many teams are in that can't say that, Villanova lost 10 of their last 15 I think. Blazers = winning, duh.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

VCU and UAB getting in over Virginia Tech, Maryland, and St. Mary's is outrageous.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Well the way it's figured is more on who you played rather than who you beat. So if I were a college program, I'd schedule all my out of conf games against Duke, Kentucky, Pitt, UCONN, SDST etc. Wont matter that you get your brains kicked in bc you'll be in the dance.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

No love for the Mid Majors. Missouri State or Wichita State should of got in

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Isn't USC supposed to be suspended from post season play for a couple of years?

First 123