CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Marquette played themselves in they earned the bid.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

You mean Southeast bro

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should be pissed

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    marquette got in with 20-14 rpi 64

but st marys 25-8 rpi 46 out?????
    marquette has 5 rpi top 50 wins and played 17 top 50 teams while st. mary's has 1 win against the top 50 and played 5 of them.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Love this team.

They are much better then today's performance

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

how the hell did they get in?
    Why?
    I wanna see Geo & MarQ on tv

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado was the biggest screw job. I love that Va.Tech got fukked again. That assbag Greenberg hasn't learned in years how to schedule and he thought he had a bid in the bag after beating Duke only to choke.

How VCU got in is beyond me.

Curious seeding: Illinois as a 9. Georgia as a 10.

St.Mary's has nothing to bitch about. They didn't beat anyone.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

They wouldn't have done anything anyway.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I didn't make that the thread title, the mods merged it WTF, dumb shit liek this confuses people.

Cuz this clown capdat4ss can't type for shit

carmeloso80
    carmeloso80's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm wrong about WV, for some reason I don't recall them beating Notre Dame. I just looked up teams they have beaten. I just don't remember some of these wins. They just don't impress me at all and disagree that they can play.

Thunderman
    Thunderman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

UAB and VCU are the problems here....both have no business at all being in the dance

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    They wouldn't have done anything anyway.
    I'd be willing to bet KSU, TU and Mizzou are happy they aren't in.
    Last edited by Tower; 03-13-11 at 06:22 PM.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

V-Tech is a school of losers
    Greenberg the cream puff scheduler
    Tyrod I can't throw a pass taylor in football

V-Tech sucks at sports, I'm glad those bums aren't in

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Colorado sucks a fat rooster anyway

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Was VCU sleeping during the Selection?

I wonder if VCU was asleep during the selection. I wonder what Shaka Smart was doing

He probably shit himself when he saw his team up on the board

But this is still great for the CAA gives more money to the Conference

Lets go VCU

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4589

WHO CARES!!! who got in or out

None of these junk teams are winning the tourney.

Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

Yeah terrible decision on Colorado and Virginia Tech gets ripped off again as well. VCU?....gimme a break I think Harvard deserved to get in before VCU. I kind of understand UAB because they won their conference. Alabama beat Georgia twice.

beerman2619

actually i think Colorado could of won a game or two in the tourney.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

how the hell did they get in?
    vcu is a joke;shouldnt even be close to being in

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Seriously, that's all anyone talks about instead of the actual tournament.

beerman2619

Yeah but it is a big deal to these schools. Money for these schools and coaches if they make the big dance.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

This is a prime example as to why this committee is gets so much flack each yr.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

NCAA committee is a joke. Breaking it down. Read more

most are in there 70's and 80's.

I wonder if anyone was paid off .

VCU
    UAB

1. Harvard beat colorado and boston college. yes a weaker conference and lost on a last second shot. 14th in the country in fg percentage and 76th in assists

2. Colorado: Stunning on this one. They lost to georgia on nov 16th. Big deal.
    They beat kansas state 3 times. yes 3 times, beat missouri and texas.
    ON top of that, they played kansas tough both times.
    If colorado didn't make it in this year, how can they ever make it.

11 seed (First Four game) - Colorado (RPI 65, SOS 49, 4-3 vs. top 25, 5-7 vs. top 50, 8-10 vs. top 100, 3 sub-100 losses, 6-11 road/neutral)
    If the Buffaloes make the tournament, they will have Kansas State to thank. Three wins over the Wildcats are going to go a long way because, combined with a victory over Texas, they helped Colorado rack up four RPI top-25 wins incredible for a bubble team.
    But the Buffaloes are far from a lock. A poor RPI, three bad losses and a miserable record away from home put this team on thin ice. Still, the Committee loves big wins.

3. Top 50 wins
    Colorado 6-7
    UAB 1-4 won against vcu

4. VCU : beat ucla beat george mason but 12-6 in coference and
    23-11 overall . I really so no reason why they should be in.

5. Georgia : lost to alabama twice, beat colorado on nov 16th, .
    I say there in because they beat colorado and kentucky at home. Its the only reason i can think of

6. Alabama: beat georgia twice, won sec west, beat kentucky in only matchup. Wow. 12-4 in last 16 games and miss

7 V Tech; 21-11 9-7 in ncaa
    Beat duke, won 2 games in conference tourney, lost to purdue in OT

8 Clemson: 21-11 9-7 also
    I guess the OT game with NC put them in,

9 . UAB ; rewarded by winning conference usa, which doesn't explain VCU getting in finishing 4th in their conference. Beat UCLA. Swept my memphis and not one top 50 rpi win.

11 seed - UAB (RPI 31, SOS 77, 0-1 vs. top 25, 1-4 vs. top 50, 10-7 vs. top 100, 1 sub-100 loss, 9-6 road/neutral)
    RPI, road/neutral record and a lack of bad losses are all reasons to put UAB in the field. A lack of big wins is a reason to keep the Blazers out. They have victories over VCU and UTEP, but that's about it. Two losses to Memphis (one in overtime) and a two-point setback to Georgia will cause UAB to lose sleep if it doesn't hear its name called tonight.
    But the Blazers beat the teams they were supposed to beat, leading to that impressive 10-win total over the top 100, and winning the regular season title in the eighth-ranked league has to count for something. It did for UTEP last year, when the Committee invited the Conference USA regular-season champs to the Big Dance, even though the Miners didn't win the automatic bid. UAB's resume this year is even a little better than UTEP's was in 2010.

NCAA committe really needs more basketball experts as most have no idea whats going on.

ttwarrior1

It doesn't seem fair that the greatest day of the year is only 23 hours long, but for those bubble teams waiting to find out if they will be invited to play in the NCAA tournament, springing ahead isn't such a bad thing.
    So let's get to it.
    Before we get to the bubble teams, let's tackle another issue that sprung up this past week: Who should claim the last two No. 1 seeds?
    Kansas and Ohio State are locks for the top two overall tournament seeds, but four teams Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Pittsburgh are battling out for the remaining two spots.
    Of those four schools, the Irish have the most RPI top-25 wins (seven) and top-50 victories (11). While Notre Dame finished second to Pitt in the Big East, the Irish won at Pittsburgh in their only head-to-head meeting and finished with a better RPI, strength of schedule and top-100 record, so ND deserves the overall No. 3 seed.
    The final spot goes to Duke. The Blue Devils have a better RPI than Pittsburgh and while they are currently two spots behind the Panthers in strength of schedule, that figures to change after the ACC final against North Carolina. Duke certainly lacks the high-end victories held by the Big East regular-season champs, but Coach K's team has a better winning percentage against the top 50 and top 100, as well as more wins away from home
    Even if North Carolina won the ACC tournament to go along with its regular-season crown, I can't see the Tar Heels deserving a top seed. A win over Duke today would only be their third victory over the top 50, a mark exceeded by several bubble teams. UNC is also the only team among this group with a sub-100 loss a 20-point defeat at No. 167 Georgia Tech.
    I've seen San Diego State pop up on some bracketologists' top lines, but with only one RPI top-25 win coming over a Brandon Davies-less BYU squad, I don't see that happening.
    1 - Kansas, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Duke
    2 - Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Connecticut, Florida
    3 - Louisville, San Diego State, Syracuse, BYU
    4 - Kentucky, Purdue, Texas, Wisconsin
    5 - Old Dominion, St. John's, Kansas State, West Virginia
    6 - Cincinnati, Washington, Georgetown, Xavier
    7 - UNLV, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Arizona
    8 - Missouri, Marquette, Temple, UCLA
    9 - Villanova, George Mason, Tennessee, Penn State
    10 - Richmond, Michigan State, Illinois, Michigan

We can safely say that Penn State, Richmond, Michigan State, Illinois and Michigan have played their way into the field this past week, so there is no need to go into great detail about their resumes. The Spiders would remain in my field even if they lost to Dayton in the Atlantic 10 final today, meaning that one bubble team below would lose their spot.
    There are 11 teams fighting for the final six available spots. None of these teams are really deserving of an at-large bid, which makes this year's expansion to 68 teams so frustrating and the thought of going to 96 teams insane. There are going to be plenty of bracketologists who are used to missing just one team that are going to miss maybe three or four. In hopes of keeping myself out of that group, I have done my best to examine each team's resume and rely on past decisions by the Selection Committee as a guide to predict how those 10 people will make their choices this season. Let's break the bubble down.

11 seed - USC (RPI 69, SOS 39, 2-3 vs. top 25, 5-5 vs. top 50, 8-8 vs. top 100, 6 sub-100 losses, 7-10 road/neutral)
    The Trojans have one of the most polarizing resumes in recent years. On one hand, they lost an unheard-of-by-bubble-standards six games to teams ranked outside of the top 100, including three to sub-200 competition @TCU, @Oregon State and Bradley. However, second-leading scorer Jio Fontan was absent for three of those bad losses. Then again, he also didn't play in the win over Texas.
    But on the other hand, USC won five games over top-50 teams Texas, Arizona, @Washington, @Tennessee, UCLA which is also relatively unheard of by bubble standards, and they won two of those contests over the final two weeks of the season.
    The RPI is high, but the strength of schedule is solid. Then there's also the suspension of head coach Kevin O'Neill for Southern Cal's Pac-10 semifinal loss to Arizona because he had an altercation with a Wildcats fan. The Committee could frown on that behavior, but it could also give the Trojans a pass for that loss because they were without their head coach.
    In the end, the Committee loves big wins and USC certainly has plenty of those, including a pair of very good non-conference victories. If Cal can make the tournament last year with a 1-6 record against the top-50 and three bad losses, then USC should make it this year.

11 seed - UAB (RPI 31, SOS 77, 0-1 vs. top 25, 1-4 vs. top 50, 10-7 vs. top 100, 1 sub-100 loss, 9-6 road/neutral)
    RPI, road/neutral record and a lack of bad losses are all reasons to put UAB in the field. A lack of big wins is a reason to keep the Blazers out. They have victories over VCU and UTEP, but that's about it. Two losses to Memphis (one in overtime) and a two-point setback to Georgia will cause UAB to lose sleep if it doesn't hear its name called tonight.
    But the Blazers beat the teams they were supposed to beat, leading to that impressive 10-win total over the top 100, and winning the regular season title in the eighth-ranked league has to count for something. It did for UTEP last year, when the Committee invited the Conference USA regular-season champs to the Big Dance, even though the Miners didn't win the automatic bid. UAB's resume this year is even a little better than UTEP's was in 2010.

11 seed (First Four game) - Colorado (RPI 65, SOS 49, 4-3 vs. top 25, 5-7 vs. top 50, 8-10 vs. top 100, 3 sub-100 losses, 6-11 road/neutral)
    If the Buffaloes make the tournament, they will have Kansas State to thank. Three wins over the Wildcats are going to go a long way because, combined with a victory over Texas, they helped Colorado rack up four RPI top-25 wins incredible for a bubble team.
    But the Buffaloes are far from a lock. A poor RPI, three bad losses and a miserable record away from home put this team on thin ice. Still, the Committee loves big wins.

11 seed (First Four game) - VCU (RPI 49, SOS 87, 2-3 vs. top 25, 3-6 vs. top 50, 8-8 vs. top 100, 3 sub-100 losses, 12-8 road/neutral)
    The only reason I'm nervous about this pick is because of how little attention the media has given the Rams this past week. But if you look at their resume, they deserve to be in ahead of a bunch of teams.
    VCU entered Championship Week way off the bubble, but a win over top-seeded George Mason in the Colonial semis gave Virginia Commonwealth a major boost. It was the team's second RPI top-25 win to go along with a victory over Old Dominion, and its third over a top-50 opponent, going along with a very good non-conference triumph over UCLA. Those three wins are better than anything you will see from the ACC teams listed below.
    The Rams should also get credit for a stellar 12-8 record away from home.

12 seed (First Four game) - Florida State (RPI 54, SOS 82, 1-4 vs. top 25, 1-5 vs. top 50, 6-9 vs. top 100, 1 sub-100 losses, 9-7 road/neutral)
    This seed will probably seem low for a team that is considered a lock by many, but if you just look at the Seminoles' resume, you could argue that they don't even belong in the field.
    While FSU has just one bad loss and a good record away from home, the computer numbers are unimpressive and the 'Noles have no big wins outside of Duke. A victory over Boston College doesn't do much and a 1-3 mark against Clemson and Virginia Tech certainly doesn't help.
    So why do I have Florida State in? Chris Singleton. The Seminoles have gone just 3-3 since losing their leading scorer and rebounder, but he is supposed to return for the NCAA tournament. Who knows if that is true, but the Committee will probably give FSU the benefit of the doubt, so I will too.
    This is once again similar to Cal from last year. That team definitely did not have the wins to warrant an at-large bid, but the Committee took into account that Theo Robertson missed three big games early in the year due to a foot injury and granted the Bears a bid.
    Besides, it's hard to imagine an ACC team with 11-league wins being left out, no matter how weak the conference was this year.

12 seed (First Four game) - Georgia (RPI 48, SOS 40, 1-5 vs. top 25, 3-9 vs. top 50, 5-11 vs. top 100, 0 sub-100 losses, 9-7 road/neutral)
    The Bulldogs are my last team in and the school that would be knocked out if Dayton won the A-10 tournament.
    Two losses this past week to fellow bubble Alabama did not help their cause, but their overall profile is a lot better than the Tide's. Georgia's computer numbers are among the best in bubble land and it is the only bubble team without a true bad loss. That 9-7 record away from home helps, too.
    Georgia has wins over Kentucky, UAB, Colorado and at Tennessee and would've been a lock had head coach Mark Fox not called time out with less than a second remaining in regulation against Alabama.

First team out - Saint Mary's (RPI 46, SOS 101, 1-3 vs. top 25, 1-4 vs. top 50, 3-6 vs. top 100, 2 sub-100 loss, 10-6 road/neutral)
    The Gaels are right where they are seemingly every year: squarely on the bubble. And the only thing keeping them in the conversation is a five-point home win over St. John's back on Nov. 15, back when the Red Storm was losing to teams like St. Bonaventure and Fordham.
    Three top-100 wins is not good enough.

Second team out - Virginia Tech (RPI 61, SOS 74, 1-4 vs. top 25, 2-5 vs. top 50, 8-8 vs. top 100, 3 sub-100 loss, 10-8 road/neutral)
    The Hokies were a fingernail away from being completely out of the bubble picture, so I don't really regret keeping them out of the Dance. Besides, that win over Florida State came without Singleton on the floor for the Seminoles.
    Va Tech did beat Duke and Penn State, but it has more sub-100 losses (Virginia twice, @Georgia Tech) than top-50 wins.
    The Hokies have been left out with 10 ACC wins, so a 9-7 regular-season mark shouldn't make them too comfortable. Once again, they failed to really challenge themselves out of conference, putting together just a 153 strength of schedule outside the ACC.

Fourth team out - Alabama (RPI 80, SOS 114, 1-3 vs. top 25, 4-4 vs. top 50, 5-7 vs. top 100, 4 sub-100 loss, 5-11 road/neutral)
    That strength of schedule should tell you all you need to know about Alabama. After squeaking by Georgia, the Tide showed its true colors in getting blown out by 27 points against Kentucky in the SEC semis.
    The four top-50 wins are good, but that's the only impressive part of Alabama's resume, which also includes losses to Seton Hall, Arkansas, Providence and Iowa.
    No team has earned an at-large with an RPI as low as 80, and the Tide has its 285 non-conference strength of schedule to thank for that.

Fifth team out - Boston College (RPI 58, SOS 38, 0-4 vs. top 25, 1-5 vs. top 50, 7-11 vs. top 100, 1 sub-100 loss, 8-8 road/neutral)
    Have I mentioned how weak the ACC was this year? BC's only top-60 win came by two points over Texas A&M back on Nov. 25. And the Eagles' didn't help themselves getting slaughtered by 23 points in their final game against Clemson.

Next teams out: Harvard, Missouri State, UTEP, Washington State

So here's the bottom of the bracket:
    11 - USC, UAB, VCU vs. Colorado, Utah State
    12 - Memphis, Butler, Gonzaga, Georgia vs. Florida State
    13 - Princeton, Oakland, Wofford, Belmont
    14 - Bucknell, Indiana State, St. Peter's, Long Island
    15 - Morehead State, Akron, UC Santa Barbara, Northern Colorado
    16 - Boston University, UNC Asheville, Hampton vs. Alabama State, Arkansas-Little Rock vs. Texas-San Antonio
    Last edited by ttwarrior1; 03-13-11 at 06:32 PM. Reason: na

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Well all these bubble teams whether in or not in will not go far so who really cares
    15 teams or show have a shot to win it all

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    marquette was a easy lock, not sure what you mean by that.

I agree on georgia, alabama beat them twice but they are in the sec

There in because they beat ky, colorado and tennessee

Now UAB is the joke that doesn't belong

marquette winning 2 games in tourney, beating uconn put them in
    My UAB Blazers belong buddy.

ttwarrior1

why do your blazers belong, because your a fan

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Cuz they beat VCU who shouldnt b in?

ttwarrior1

who else they beat besides vcu that shouldn't be in

I know the real reason why colorado didnt get in. I'll post this huge info later. Im stunned nobody else besides me knows the real reason

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    why do your blazers belong, because your a fan
    Well we did win our conference outright, IMO if you win your conference outright that should be an automatic bid instead of winning the conference tournament, heck Penn State had a chance to get an automatic bid today if they won, its something that should be changed.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

This argument will always be here after every bracket is set. At some point it becomes subjective and we are all splitting hairs about who the last 4 in should have been. How about this: let some of the teams who are never in have a shot. This year it should be Harvard, Coloradao,Coastal Car., and maybe Boise St. How long will it be before they are this close to making it again? Like others have said it is extremely unlikely that any of these teams are going to win it all so how about making it fun for the alums, fans, neighbors of schools who never get a chance to experience it?

FWIW, I think I'm the only one here who is glad to see VCU in. Would rather see mid-major teams get in over 'power' conference teams. SEC, ACC, Pac10 very weak this year and Tenn (where's the outrage), PSU, Mich, Georgia lucky to be in this.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's all about ticket sales. Michigan St will have 10,000 fans on their game. Colorado would have had 1000.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

WVU didn't beat anyone?

they beat 7 tourney teams. including Purdue, Uconn, Notre Dame, Louisville

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's all about ticket sales. Michigan St will have 10,000 fans on their game. Colorado would have had 1000.
    alot of the tickets are already sold by the time the game's are announced. I don't think that has alot to do with it

badbyzdmx
    badbyzdmx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Post of the day here

First 123 Last