Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

NCAA play of the day

Tennessee-Martin -2
    That Lester Hudson kid looked real good yesterday, and should put up some great numbers against a below average Maine squad. With a spread this low in a game with lower conference teams, I jump all over the team with a dominant force. I mean Tenn Martin put up 71 points on a #3 ranked Memphis Tiger team while only shooting .312 from the floor, expect both numbers to go up tonight.

Check back later for another possible pick.
    Last edited by Regul8er; 11-06-07 at 11:40 AM. Reason: another point

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

yea i have TM at -1 -120. GL all.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum Regul8er.

mshanedub420
    mshanedub420's Avatar Become A Pro!

no joke, i think that is a GREAT bet

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanx fellas its good to be here......NCAA Hoops is my bread and butter! See if I can't pick a few winners here

mshanedub420

Nice another NCAA hoops player,Hey reg, hook me up with some picks this year if you could, I'm not that great with NCAA hoops, i seem to have lost the butter and the bread was stolen

franckmtl
    franckmtl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im with Kentucky -27,0
    Tenn-Martin looks like a good bet too
    gl all

mshanedub420

i guess their dope boy did call back and get them their 1/4 at about 4.a.m, horrible start, at this point , go take another line

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

nice all who cashed =)

Regul8er
    Wordd

Lester Hudson drills two 3 balls in the last minute.....wow we needed both of those to cover!

Regul8er
    Wordd

OK...Im back for another pick!
    Gardner-Webb +25.5

I absolutely love this line. Yesterday Kentucky did win by 27, but I watched the game, and they looked very sluggish at times committing 16 turnovers and had stretches were they struggled scoring. The commentators talked about how Gillispie has had some really long, tough practices within the last few days (and I know his training camp was torture) I think playing back to back nights may take its toll (even though the Cats will probably play 12 or 13 deep). I mean C. Arkansas had a lot of good looks from behind the 3 point line, and couldnt hit anything (3-22). If they had some shooters, this is alot closer game. Now Gardner-Webb took care of business yesterday, and won by 20 while only shooting 35%. I'm not saying the Runnin Bulldogs are going to win, but I expect them to hang in long enough to cover 25.5 points.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I guess I was trying to say that Gardner-Webb was going to win! Big night to those who picked this game!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Alright I'm back, hopefully some of yall cashed in on my picks the last 2 nights!
    Tonight I'm laying some chalk, and taking UConn at -16.5

Sure UConn got off on the wrong foot last night and squeezed past a gritty Morgan St bunch. Calhoun couldn't have been happy and I think he'll demand a more spirited effort tonight. UConn has some great talent, they just didn't gel well last year together. What a great opportunity to gain some confidence against a bad Buffalo Bulls team. Buffalo barely got past Ohio Valley (a DII school whose won just over 20 games COMBINED the last 4 seasons) In fact, Ohio Valley's tallest starter last night was 6'4. Buffalo didn't take care of the ball turning it over 26 times. Buffalo went 12-19 last season and lost their top 4 scorers. I think you guys get the point, Buffalo doesn't stand a chance.
    UConn is a very athletic team with Adrien, Dyson, Thabeet and company. Tonight is a great chance for this Big East team to gel and gain some confidence heading into Madison Square.

franckmtl
    franckmtl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im also on U Conn but at -17,0
    should be good tonight!
    gl

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice pick again tonight keep it up!

Regul8er
    Wordd

My pick for today is Ohio University @ -3.5

Ohio is extremely difficult to beat in Athens (25-5 over the past 2 seasons) Last year they handled a few really competitive teams on their floor such as Akron and Marist. Ohio University does have 9 new bodies on the roster, but return their top 3 scorers (Leon Williams and Jerome Tillman both preseason 1st team all Conference players). Ohio brought in a few transfers that are expected to make a splash. Depth might be an issue later on, but I think they'll be alright for tonight.

Sure New Mexico St is coming off a great 24-9 year last year, and NCAA appearance, but a lot of this was due to their home court dominance. They actually played sub 500 basketball away from home. New Mexico St returns 4 of their top 6 scorers, but lose Tyrone Nelson and Elijah Ingram who combined for over 25ppg. Along with Ingram who was their best 3 point threat, they also lose Shawn Davis and Ted Knauber who also were proficient from behind the arc. Not to mention, their savior bench boss Reggie Theus has made the jump to the NBA. I have a feeling the Aggies may already have their minds on the Duke game Monday night.

I'm away this weekend, check back for me next week.
    Goodluck this weekend!

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

dont leave! lol. nice start

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im back tonight and putting my 4-0 record on the line.
    I'm gonna ride the backs of Cincinnati at -7.5 tonight

This is a tough game to break down as Cincinnati lost to Belmont and beat Western Carolina, while Bowling Green beat Belmont and lost to Western Carolina.
    3 games in 3 days is difficult, but I feel like Cincinnati has the advantage of spending these days at home and will feed off its crowd (which I heard has been energetic this weekend). A 6th man can always help out tired legs.
    Cincy isn't the most talented or athletic team in the Big East, but do have some strength with John Williamson and some explosive scoring with Deonta Gentry.

It's not like the Bearcats are playing a nop notch MAC opponent tonight. Bowling Green finished last year at 13-18 (with only 3 wins away from home) They were predicted to finish dead last in the MAC East, and lost 19.5 points per game from Martin Samarco.

I expect Cincinnati win tonight by double digits. Good luck Yall

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanx reg was hoping u would get some in today . gunna tease this with indy +3 1/2 in nfl tonight. thanx again been following along with you this week

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Regul8er,

I was on Ohio with you-still not in the full swing with the college hoops yet, but had Creighton too. Looks like a great start to the season, keep it up!

Regul8er
    Wordd

NCAA Play of the Day (4-1 ATS)

Tonight I'm going with Indiana at -23.5

This Indiana team is absolutely stacked with talent. Two pre-season All Americans in DJ White and Eric Gordon. Jamarcus Ellis was the Junior College Player of the Year last year and Armon Bassett is Pre Season All Big 10. Sure they played Division II schools in their warmups, but they won by 50+ both games, scoring well over 100. Last year Indiana didn't just go 15-0 at home, but they smashed some good competition. They beat Mich St by 22 and Purdue by 27 to name a few.

Chatanooga loses their top 2 scorers from last year, and 4 of their 7 scorers. In fact, their top 2 returning scorers are Doaks and Bridgewaters who scored just 10.2 and 6.7ppg respectively. I'm gonna say they'll have a tough time scoring on a good defensive squad. Chatanooga played 3 tournament teams on the road last year, and didn't fare well against any. Lost by 49 to Florida, 26 to Kentucky and 30 to Davidson.

I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana was up 20 by the half, and cruised to cover -23.5.
    I'll probably post another pick a little later.

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

They are -13 1st half. Which bet do you like better? 24 for the game or 13 for the half?

Regul8er
    Wordd

cwsulzba...I usually don't make 1st half bets, and I won't on this game. I do think Indiana has way too much talent for Chatanooga to hang around at any point in this one. I would think both bets would be good, but personally, I'm sticking with the full game line.
    Good Luck

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice start to the season Reg. Only thing that scares me about the Mocs is that if they get the 3 ball falling, they could slip in under the #. I do think going with big chalk early in the season wins more than it loses though. Best of luck.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I will add Appalachain St at +3

This is a very good Appalchain St team who won 25 games last season. They lose 3 starters from last season and a good chunk of their scoring. They do return their bangers as they bring back about 70% of their rebounding and virtually all of their shot blocking. Its an experienced team with 5 seniors who have been through the trenches mixed with a few freshman guards (Ryann Abraham and Donald Sims) who are expected to make an immediate impact. Appalachain St is also a very good road team, with away wins last year over VCU, Davidson and Wichita St and neutral site wins over Virginia and Vandy. They also played and lost at Clemson, Wake and V Tech, so I'd say this is a road tested team.

Charlotte, once a national name, has really slipped off the radar in recent years. They finished below 500 overall last year and are predicted to finish 10th in the very pedestrian A10. Things are so bad for Charlotte, that they only return 2 players who averaged over 6 minutes per game last year. Inexperience won't bode well this year, especially against an up and coming App St.

So todays picks, Indiana -23.5 and Appachain St +3

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good stuff here...GL regul8er...

Regul8er
    Wordd

WOW....does Chattanooga ever look good! Unbeliveable!
    Lets hope Indiana can make up 30 points, haha!

One more pick for tonight......St. Joesph's at -17.5
    I don't have time to break this one down! Good Luck!

Regul8er
    Wordd

5-3 Overall....and looking to turn things around tonight.
    I love Vanderbilt at -4.5

Vandy is a force in the SEC, coming off a sweet 16 appearance. Sure Vandy loses there game breaker Derrick Byars to graduation, but the Commodores return sharp-shooting Shaun Foster, banger Ross Nelter and highly skilled point guard Alex Gordon. Add highly touted 6'11 AJ Ogilvy from Australia, who put in 18 and collected 9 boards in his first collegiate game, and you have yourself a solid squad.

Toledo scrapped with Vandy last year before eventually falling in overtime in Nashville. Mind you this was a very respectable Toledo Rockets team last year who finished at 18-11. They protected there home floor all but once, with a loss to Old Dominion. But this will be a different team this year. They lose there only 3 double digit scorers, who were there top 3 rebounders. That's a lot of productive and will be next near impossible to replace this early. This will be an inexperienced bunch, going up against an a top notch SEC team. I like Vandy to cover -4.5, possibly win by double digits.

EaglesPhan36

I looked at that Vandy game as well and like them to cover here. I think it's gonna be nip & tuck the whole game however. Best of luck.

Regul8er
    Wordd

One more game for tonight......Columbia +25.5

Columbia out of the Ivy league plays just to the stereotype of the conference.....Defense! With 5 returning starters back, I think they will be able to hold off Ohio St just enough, and score just enough points to cover the spread. Columbia played at Duke, Providence and St. Johns last year, so they have played in this type of atmosphere before. Most of there team took in those experiences, and shouldn't have a deer in the headlight look, which I feel will benefit them tonight.

Ohio St. is still going to be tough out of the Big 10. Its difficult to replace bodies such as Oden, Conley, Lewis and Cook, bu Ohio St does have some depth and experience. I just don't know if they will score enough points on a defensive natured team tonight. Not to look back, but Ohio St did lose to DII Findlay. This pick isn't based on that game, but its hard to overlook.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im going to review my selections after every 10 games! I was able to win 7 of my first 10 at a 70% clip!

Nov 6 Tennessee-Martin (-2) 66 vs Maine 62 WIN
    Nov 7 Gardner Webb (+25.5) 84 @ Kentucky 68 WIN
    Nov 8 Conneticut (-17.5) 82 vs Buffalo 57 WIN
    Nov 9 Ohio (-3.5) 80 vs New Mexico State 72 WIN
    Nov 11 Cincinnati (-7.5) 67 vs Bowling Green 69 LOSE
    Nov 12 Indiana (-23.5) 99 vs Chatanooga 79 LOSE
    Nov 12 Appalchain St (+3) 78 @ Charlotte 84 LOSE
    Nov 12 St. Joesph's (-17.5) 88 vs Fair Dickinson 68 WIN
    Nov 13 Vanderbilt (-4.5) 77 @ Toledo 70 WIN
    Nov 13 Columbia (+25.5) 54 @ Ohio State 68 WIN

EaglesPhan36

Nice job bud. I'm at a craptacular 33.3% so far myself.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep up the good work

Regul8er
    Wordd

Tonight I love Louisiana Monroe at +23.5

UL Monroe returns all 5 starters, and just about all of their scoring from last season. They have tremendous speed all over the court that will be able to match that of Michigan States guards. Brasher, Payne and Hooper are all proven DI scorers, and will get there share against the Spartans. This team might have a difficult time slowing down State's Suton and Morgan, but I will think they get enough out of there guards to cover 23.5 points. Last week they scored over 70 on Kansas (mind you, they did give up 100) Michigan State doesn't quite have the offense Kansas has (or did before the injury bug hit and JHawks) Monroe is predicted 1st in the Sun Belt Conference, which isn't a pushover by any means, and there experience will pay dividends in a hostile East Lansing tonight.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm also gonna take YALE +10.5

If you haven't caught on yet, I love taking experienced team early in the season. This Yale squad who finished above 500 last year returns 6 of there top 7 scorers. I had a chance to watch Eric Flato last year, and this kid is a pesky little guard who can shoot. Yale only gave up over 80 points a couple times last year, you wanna know why, cuz there a defensive minded Ivy League school. Yale played at UMass last year and lost by only 9. Not bad considering UMass was a much better team last year and this is going to be a down year for the MinuteMan after losing 3 starters in big man Stephane Lasme, Freeman and Life. Sure Gary Forbes is a beast and will get his and Ricky Harris has proven himself but will UMass have enough depth to win by double digits against a pesky, experienced Yale Bulldogs bunch? I don't think so.

1234 Last