manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

hey regul8er- saturday's my b-day. could you take a look at vcu/ elon when the line comes out and let me know what you think? happy thanksgiving boss. past two weeks have been great. thanks for the cash. hang out with your wang out.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Hey Guys......didnt like anything today, so I kept silent!

Tomorrow I'm taking Robert Morris at +8.5

Robert Morris takes on Drexel in the Philly Classic. Don't sleep on the Robert Morris Colonials.....this team competes and puts the ball in the basket with the best of them. Bobby Mo is averaging over 90 points per game and put up 107 on a Big East opponent (Seton Hall) Robert Morris won 17 games last year, but ended the year losing a lot of games within their conference. I expect a different season including an NCAA berth and a revitalized attitude. This is an experienced bunch, with there top 3 scorers being 4 year seniors. I had the chance to see them play a few times last year, and AJ Jackson and Tony Lee really are beasts. THey both crash the boards incredibly well and play with confidence. Throw in off guard Jeremy Chappell who is unconscious behind the arc, you have a team that will give good teams fits. ANother factor here is that they have played a common opponent, mind you it was Navy already this season. Both teams won by the same margin of 16 points, but Robert Morris's win is a little more impressive being on the road.

Drexel is a nice team from the tough Colonial Conference. They return their top player from a year ago (first team all conference player Frank Elegar). After this, Drexel lost there next 3 scorers from a year ago, and Tramayne Hawthorne is the next high returning scorer, averaging about 7 points a game last year. I have trouble seeing Drexel scoring enough points to beat the Colonials by 9+. Mind you Drexel has a very inexperienced roster with a few freshman playing significant minutes.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Robert Morris win outright, little own cover 8.5 points.
    Last edited by Regul8er; 11-22-07 at 11:29 PM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice record and great info....I'm on it

Jpound21
    Jpound21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Good looking pick Reg. Let's hope ROMO can keep putting up the points postin 277ish points their first 3 games (92ish a game). With 5 players averaging double figures they should have enough distribution to post big numbers even if someone has an off night. Again, good awareness on an otherwise no-named game!

Regul8er
    Wordd

My 2nd pick for the day is the Bradley Braves at -2.5

Bradley plays Iowa at the South Padre Island Invitational. Bradley has gained a reputation over the past few years for being a very well coached team with both solid offensive and defensive weapons. Bradley returns their top 3 scorers from a season ago with guards Daniel Ruffin and Jeremy Crouch being 4 year starters. Andrew Warren is another swing guard thrown into the mix who can score as well. Take a look at Junior College Transfer David Collins. This 7 footer is averaging 6.0 rebounder per game in only 12 minutes off the bench. If he can stay out of foul trouble, it looks as though he's gonna clean up the garbage.

I've watched Iowa on the Big 10 Network a few times, and I've been very unimpressed. They had a very difficult time beating Northern Colorado and Florida Gulf Coast on their home floor. There highest offensive outburst in 4 games has been a slim 62 points. COnsidering they've played all 4 games at home against minor conference opponents, I'd say they will have trouble cracking 50 vs Bradley. Sure they play strong team defense, but expect an athletic Bradley team to get there's. From a season ago, the Hawkeyes lost 1st team all Big 10 sharp shooter, Adam Haluska, and then Tony Freeman, Mike Henderson and Seth Gorney (the next top scorers respectively) In fact, Iowa only returns just over 10 points per game from last years difficult 17-14 season.

This game really stands out to me as its Iowa's first real test. This Bradley team is loaded with experience and has played in many big games over the years. Expect the Braves to lead the tempo and take this game going away.

Regul8er
    Wordd

That Robert Morris loss hurt...40 points?? So much for 90+ per game, haha!

OK.....to go along with Bradley, I'm going to add USC at -5.5

I feel that tonight is USC's coming out party. This team is extremely talented, and there still trying to gel. USC was able to beat a pesky San Diego team by 10 last night, with an off night for Hackett and a relatively quiet nigh for OJ Mayo.

Miami OH plays a very similiar style as San Diego. I actually saw a stat during the game that they haven't put up 70 points in about 25 or 30 games. Miami relies heavily on big men Tim Pollitz and Michael Bramos. Taj Gibson should be able to neutralize the RedHawks strength inside to an extent, and the RedHawks don't have the athletic ability or talent to match up on the outside. Miami OH is very well coached, but if USC gets up early, Miami will have a very difficult time trying to get back in this one.

Cmon Bradley and USC....give me a 2-1 day!!

Akumae
    Akumae's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa wins by 2.62 over Bradley
    Miami of Ohio wins by 0.75 over USC

just guesses using a system

Akumae

btw same system showed Drexel winning by 8.22 over Robert Morris

Regul8er
    Wordd

Almost crept in and picked this one up.
    I know one thing though, I'll stay away from USC for a while....not a very good team at this point!

Regul8er
    Wordd

1-2 yesterday, not good! Lets make it up today!

I'm going to ride the Fordham Rams at -8.5

If you wanna talk about experienced teams, Fordham is the definition. This team returns virtually all of there scoring from year, and the roster is loaded with seniors who play big minutes. In fact, there wentire starting lineup are made up of seniors. Fordham isn't a cupcake as they won 18 games in the Atlantic 10 last year and qualified foe the NIT. The Rams were very tough on there home court last year. They gained some valuable experience over the past week playing at Missouri and Syracuse. Marcus Stout has been lighting it up thus far and Bryant Dunston has been cleaning up the inside. I expect a big game and a big season for this team.

Charleston is a very inexperienced bunch who fought hard but didn't look great in the Puerto Rico tip off. Arkansas and Houston blew them out, and they scored a close win against a downward spiraling Temple team. Charleston has 3 freshman (Goudelock, Wiggins and Simmons) who are all playing over 25 minutes per game. In fact, the Cougars lost 5 of their 6 top scorers from a 22 win team last year. Things are gonna be different this year, and they will surely endure some growing pains. Those will continue today as its really their first test in a hostile enviroment.

I see Fordham winning by 13-15 points.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm sure Beilein will turn this Michigan program around, but tonight I'm gonna take Western Kentucky at -1.5

I watched the Hilltoppers on Thuesday against Gonzaga, and they looked very solid. Another one of those mid-major programs who have the athletes to knock off big conference teams. Courtney Lee is the senior leader for Western Kentucky, and he can score at will. He's a 6'5 swingman who can play multiple positions, and cause a mismatch at several spots. Lee has a good experienced supporting cast in sharp shooter Tyrone Brazelton, big man Boris Siakam and AJ SLaughter. Western Kentucky has won at least 22 games in each of the last 3 seasons, and are becoming a household mid-major program.

Michigan will surely improve their program, but at this point I don't think they have enough athletes to make a charge in the Big 10. Michigan lost last years bangers in Courtney Sims and Brett Petway and game changers Dion Harris and Lester Abrams. Michigan has several freshman and sophomores who are playing major minutes, and this should take its toll on its 3rd straight day of game action.

Expect the experienced Hilltoppers squad to handle the situation a little bit better then Michigan.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Fordham down 15 early...Im falling apart pretty quick here!

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Fordham down 15 early...Im falling apart pretty quick here!
    It happens, cant win everyday or always have a winning week

I like WKU too, Hilltoppers shouldn't have too many problems

Regul8er
    Wordd

I dont have time to explain this one.....but Im taking Indiana at -2.

I just feel like there is too much firepower on this Indiana squad, and there mix of athletism and basketball smarts will be a bit too much for Xavier too handle.

Jpound21

Wake Forrest -2
    Iowa has dropped 2 straight and is really struggling vs. not so good teams. Wake should travel to Iowa win my 10 and remain undefeated.

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

2-1 for sunday. gj regulator

Jpound21

I got the Wake game... i predicted a 10pt win and they win by 9 sigh.

Jpound21

For Tuesday... Bookmaker has BGSU -1 vs. Furman. I look for BGSU to win this one by roughly 11.

alexda[]

nm
    Last edited by alexda[]; 11-26-07 at 11:40 PM.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Jpound21 View Post
    For Tuesday... Bookmaker has BGSU -1 vs. Furman. I look for BGSU to win this one by roughly 11.
    Why are you hijacking Regul8or's thread?

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

weres regul8or at i need some money plz come back soon

Jpound21

not hijacking just trying to help people find some good lines they might not notice. BGSU doesnt jump out to many people but I really love this line and think people should jump on it. May be wrong, may be right. Reg still dominates in his college bball picks im just trying to help some ppl make money thats all.

Akumae

the capper i use shows
    Furman winning by 3.30 Bowling Green

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks boys for showing some love.....I'll post my picks within a half hour....I think I have 2 good ones for tonight....check back! Gotta turn this slump around

alexda[]

lots of good cappers are on bowling green but some are saying it could be a trap game?

Regul8er
    Wordd

I've thought the same way you have alexda....the line seems too good to be true!! I'm gonna get away from BG tonight.

I'm gonna roll with Minnesota at +7.5 tonight.
    Sure Florida St. just dominated Florida and got a huge win over the weekend against in-state rival, so expect a letdown tonight.

Sure Minnesota hasn't enjoyed much success the past few seasons, but Tubby Smith will turn things around really fast. Minnesota is led by 3 extremely gifted and talented seniors in Lawrence MacKenzie, Dan Coleman and Spencer Tollackson. Currently the trio are all averaging inbetween 10 and 14 points per game, but this is due to their lack of early season playing time. Smith took advantage of his 1st 3 games to give 10 players over 10 minutes each of court time. Expect different tonight, as Minnesota is on national TV and under the spotlight. Smith has a chance to really showcase his team, and prove his worth. Tollackson and Coleman will pose some problems inside for the Seminoles as they don't have as quality or skilled big men to really keep these 2 in check. Lawrence MacKenzie is a crafty little guard who won't be intimidated. He transferred over from Oklahomawhere he played significant minutes as an underclassmen on very good teams. He's not shy and will knock down some shots.

Florida St. returns virtually every one from there impressive 22 win team from a year ago. But they are missing a very important piece in Al Thornton. Douglas, Swann and Rich all have the ability to be go to guys, but I don't think there quite there yet. The Seminoles have lost a few questionable games early and are showing signs of inconsistency.

With a win on the road vs Iowa St already, I expect the Gophers to play with a chip on their shoulder this year and bring some credibility back to the program.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with that one. You're a braver man than I. I'm not sold on Tubby's gophers just yet. Hopefully you catch FSU in a let down spot.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Also, I like the Colorado Buffaloes at -3.5

Colorado didn't have a great team last year winning only 9 games, but they do return there punch in guards Xavier Silas and Richard Roby. These guys will be by far the just skilled and athletic players on the floor tonight. Also, Marcus Hall returns for his senior year after redshirting last season. Hall is a little point man who is quick and can really give the other team fits with his on-the-ball pressure defense, a difference maker and energy guy Colorado lacked last year. Colorado was able to beat this same Denver bunch by 14 a season ago.

Sure Colorado had an off year last year, but the Denver Pioneers only won 4 games. To make things worse, Denver only returns 1 of their top 7 scorers from a year ago. It's really showing early on as their top scorer is getting less than 12 points per game. To make matters worse, Denver has had 2 games where they didn't even reach 20 rebounds as a team. Denver beat East Central by 1 point at home, lost by 18 at Northern Colorado and got wollaped by to a decent Oklahoma team by 30. I'm not going to lie, I don't know much about Denver, but looking at their numbers, they look terrible.
    Combined with couple brutal rebounding efforts and a lack of scoring punch, I can see Colorado winning this one easily.

Good Luck tonight

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm really expecting a letdown from Florida St. EaglesPhan.
    They aren't as good as they showed against Florida, but if they let it get it to there heads it could be tough to contain a team like Minnesota with everything to prove. I expect the Gophers to jump ahead early.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Minnesota got d!ck all from there 3 leading scorers and seniors.....oh weLL!

I'm going to tack on Sacramento St at +30.
    I don't think Stanford deserves to be favourite by this many points against anybody. Sac St. has played some good competition thus far, which could help them keep this one from being an absolute blowout.......Sac St +30

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Like your pick on Sac St., im on with them as well. Stanford has looked absolutely awful.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Minnesota got d!ck all from there 3 leading scorers and seniors.....oh weLL!

I'm going to tack on Sacramento St at +30.
    I don't think Stanford deserves to be favourite by this many points against anybody. Sac St. has played some good competition thus far, which could help them keep this one from being an absolute blowout.......Sac St +30
    Yep that #1 guy on Minnesota just kept jacking up 3's over and over again, even tho he was shooting around 30%, and only shoots 36% on the year... it was sickening

I had em +17.5 so I still faired alright, but that guy was the reason Minnesota didnt keep it closer

Regul8er
    Wordd

Back on track after a 2-1 night.
    Tonight I'm going with Dayton at +6.5
    I like this line alot. Miami OH has played some great early season ball knocking off Xavier at home, and winning 2 of 3 out in Anaheim against quality opponents. Miami OH played late Sunday night, and travelled cross country into Monday morning. I expect a tired, sluggish Miami bunch tonight. They play exceptionally well as a team and really buy into the system. They don't have much athletism, and this could hurt in tonight's matchup. Guys like Eric Pollitz have a great nose for the ball, but I expect Dayton to get some offensive boards and loose balls due to tired legs.

Even though Miami OH plays great disciplined defense, they showed a weakness vs Mississippi St at times. They had trouble containing Jamont Gordon when he decided to take the ball into the lane and drive. Dayton has there own little Gordan in Brian Roberts. Man this guy is a treat to watch. He is putting up some impressive numbers thus far, and I'm sure he's being encouraged tonight to get in the lane. Chris Wright has been a pleasant surprise and number 2 scorer to Roberts in nearly 17 per game. This big man is full of energy, and will give the RedHawks fits.

This is a rivalry game, and Miami doesn't blow anybody out of the water. Expect some fire from Dayton trying to make a name for themselves, and keep this one tight from the opening tip.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm also going to add my pick of the year.
    Alabama at +12.5

I absolutely love this line. It really stands out to me as a value line, and I will be loading up on this one.

Sure we know all about A&M as they dismantled Washington and Ohio St to claim the NIT tipoff. Joseph Jones is a beast down low and will be a quality NBA bigman one day. The Aggies do have depth and have done a nice job replacing Acie Law and Antanas Kavaliauskas.

Alabama enters College Station looking to turn around there early season struggles. Its explainable for big name teams to have mental letdowns against lesser opponents. But tonight is no cupcake for the Tide, they better bring their A game. Richard Hendrix looks extremely fit early in the year, and has stepped his game to a high high level. Personally, I think Alabama has the advantage in this matchup with Jones.
    Alonzo Gee is the perfect counterpunch for Alabama as he can really take control of a game when need be. Mykal Riley has also looked impressive and brings senior leadership.

I feel as though this line is way too high. Even though Alabama really struggled to win games last year, they lost in OT at Tennessee and by 9 at Florida.

ALabama returns a quality core from last year, and these guys realize now is the time. Expect a spirited effort tonight, and a game that will go down the wire.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dayton is a solid pick I think. Not sure bout 'Bama though. A&M has the type of defense that can frustrate a team that likes to gun it like the Tide. I think that line is gonna be real close, hope you get it!

First 1234 Last