yale just came in. good job regul8er!

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

nice tailed u on these

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Yale just about gave me a heart attack, but hey a cover's a cover right?

Tomorrow morning at 11:30am I'm going with Miami FL at -7.5

This is a Miami FL team that went only 4-12 in the ACC last year, but played extremely well down the stretch, beating some very good teams in Virginia, Maryland and NC State. They really seemed to gel late, and the fun part is they return the majority of their team from last year. There whole starting lineup are upperclassmen and they want to leave with a bang.

Marist had an incredible year last year in large part to point guard Jared Jordan and sharp shooting guard Will Whittington. Jordan was the type of point guard that made everyone around him better. I think big men like Ben Stilphen and Spongy Benjamin will really suffer as a result. Ben Farmer will be looked upon to carry a bulk of the backcourt load, but will not be able to replace Jordan. Marist did win their opener, but struggled and beat a bad Delaware team at home by 11.
    I can see Miami FL going down to Puerto Rico ready to take care of business, and prove they belong in the ACC. They will also probably win the majority of the local crowd over being much closer geographically. Miami wins by double digits!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bro, I was just about to post that as an early pick for myself. I totally agree. Miami should be way too talented for this Marist squad that is hacing to replace alot of scoring.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Louie McCroskey were to suit up for Marist then this would be a more difficult game to cap. Rumors are circulating that the ex-Syracuse McCroskey is academically ineligible but I have yet to find a source that confirms this. He didn't play in their opening win vs Delaware. I too would lean towards Miami but still have my doubts about them so I'll be passing on this game. Best of luck, I'll be rooting for Miami to cover for ya.

EaglesPhan36

I'm an avid Syracuse hoops fan Git & McCroskey wouldn't make much difference. Good defender, not much on offense and a poor FT shooter. He is out though for sure.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a...S0401/71114025

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

miami!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Well a walk in the park for Miami FL and easy money for us!
    I'm going to put my 10-3 record on the line, and pick a nationally televised game.
    MEMPHIS -7

You wanna talk about athleticism, the Memphis Tigers could arguably be the most athletic in the nation. Not to mention, these kids can ball. 5 solid starters return, plus throw freshman phoenom Derrick Rose into the mix, you have a possible National Champion.
    I think these kids like being on a national stage and get no better chance to make an early statement vs Oklahoma at Madison Square.

Oklahoma will likely improve on their dreadful season last year. I read somewhere that the Sooners were like 200th in the nation in scoring offense last year, and I believe it. Plus they lose Nate Carter and Michael Neal (2 of the only guys that can score) Freshman Blake Griffin is something to watch, but does he have enough support behind him to stick with the Tigers? Oklahoma's strength this season will be upfront and they will have an advantage most nights. I just don't think Longar Longar and Taylor Griffin have the ability and strength to match up with Robert Dozier and Chris Douglas-Roberts. Tonight I see Memphis building an early lead, and Oklahoma goes away from their strength and lacks the offensive firepower to creep back in.
    Good Luck

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not a chalk type player, but I do agree with your Memphis play tonight sir. I will be putting a unit on this one myself.

See you at the window when we cash our tickets

loserii
    loserii's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love oregon state tonight to cover the points vs CSU. I just don't think CSU will be able to keep up with Oregon State. This site I have been using to help me also likes Oregon State, they are cheap also! $5 a night, can't beat that!
    GL everyone! GO OSU! I like oregon is FB tonight also! Go all oregon teams.!!
    Last edited by bigboydan; 11-15-07 at 09:14 PM. Reason: no links of that nature are allowed here!

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been keeping my eye on your thread, Regul8er. Great picks with thoughtful writeups. Excellent work! Thanks!

manny24
    pay Bobby

nicely done once again on memphis bro!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

You're on a roll, and I'm on board. Great selections so far! GL this weekend!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thank You BettheHouse, manny24 and regularguy.....I will be away this weekend....so I won't be posting any picks until Sunday night!!

Goodluck this weekend yall

manny24
    pay Bobby

guess i'm off until sunday too!

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm back after a great weekend.....and picking the Houston Cougars at -8

I've been watching the Puerto Rico tip-off, and I think Houston has a very nice, balanced team. They lost in a nail-biter to a solid VCU squad, and beat Marist by 6.
    This will be Houston's coming out party and will lash Charleston. There guard play is very strong and if Brock Paine, Rob McKiver and Dion Dowell keep knocking down there triples, this game could get out of hand quick.

Sure Charleston got a win over a very unbalanced Temple team, but they got pounded by a very questionable Arkansas Razorback team. Sure that Charleston comeback versus the Owls was impressive, but I will they are still living large after that win, and will lack the focus for todays game. Charleston forced nearly 20 turnovers that game and still lost almost 30. I saw Arkansas play Providence, and I can't believe they won a game, little own won a game by nearly 30. Charleston doesn't seem to have any explosive scorers like Houston does, and doesn't knock down enough three's to really worry me. Charleston may have an advantage inside, but if Houston can get ahead early, it could force Charleston out of their comfort zone.

Lets say I have more of a hunch on this game then reasoning.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Regul8er; 11-18-07 at 11:01 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Glad to have you back Reg. Hope you enjoyed your down time. Houston is definitely a better team but I'm not playing this one. Go with the hunch!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Im also gonna add the Virginia Commonwealth Rams at +7

This is a very respectable VCU squad out of the very tough and balanced Colonial Conference. They lost a few of their scorers from last year but return the talented, Duke killer Eric Maynor. This kid can flat out play, and the fact that Arkansas doesn't have a true point guard (which lead to 32 turnovers to Providence) to slow this kid down. Maynor is quick, gritty and will ride whoever carries the ball up the court for Arkansas. DId you read that 32 turnovers! They only attempted 42 shots Friday vs Providence. Arkansas didn't value the ball in any way, and really doesn't have skilled players except for Beverley and Weems. This should be a defensive struggle, and I think VCU has a solid enough supporting cast around Maynor to be able to keep this close. I'm actually looking for the Rams to pull off the upset against an overrated Razorback team.
    Good Luck

Regul8er
    Wordd

Lets get back after a 1-1 Sunday
    Today I'm gonna pick the Princeton Tigers at +22.5
    Heck, I'd even consider picking Princeton at this same line if the game was at Duke!

Princeton is a very experienced squad returning most of their scoring from last year (mind you that isn't too much). They have a good balance of guard play in Gunn, Sargeant and Schroeder and solid big men in Finley and Savage. Everyone knows about the Princeton style offense, and I believe they have the ability to really slow this game up. These veterans know the system, and it's not like they have to deal with a hostile environment like they would in Cameron. They only gave up 70 points once last year and could give a good but not overly athletic Blue Devil team some frustration.

I'm not saying Princeton will win, but they will slow the pace down to a turtle's rate, and if they can score some baskets here and there off some screens and backdoor picks, they won't get blown out of the water.

GoodLuck

Regul8er
    Wordd

No time to break this one down. But gimmie Illinois at -4

Arizona St still hasnt played a game, and hasnt had a chance to shake out the cobwebs! Could be difficult playing a worthy Big 10 opponent to start the season!!

Regul8er
    Wordd

hahaha WOW I got horseshoes in my a$$ right now!!

Princeton gets a meaningless layup to get the game down to 22 for the 1st time since the 1st 10 mins of the game!!

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

hi fvking five dude

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

man ur the best handicapper at this forum pierod plz keep the wins coming great job

manny24
    pay Bobby

this kid is unconscious! nicely done boss.

regularguy

Yeah. Nice call!!!!!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Well thanks guys...I appreciate it.
    Still got some work to do right now.

Tonight I absolutely love Marquette at -3

Marquette has incredible guard play (one of the best in the nation in my opinion) Dominic James will have a tremendous season. Jerel McNeal is really beginning to step into his zone and Fitzgerald and Barro offer some size and quality defending (although the guards will be relied on to score)
    Marquette got off to a slow start yesterday, but ultimately took care of a pesky Chaminade bunch.

I feel Oklahoma is going to have a tough season after losing Mario Boggan and JamesOn Curry. Right now the Cowboys are relying on freshman James Anderson and Marcus Dove who did very little last season. Oklahoma looked great the 1st half vs LSU yesterday, but awful the 2nd half. I just think its going to be tough at this point in the season for Oklahoma St to hang with the seasoned Golden Eagles club.

Oklahoma St had an extremely difficult time pulling out close games last year, and shouldn't bode any better this year without their go to guys from a season ago.

I like Marquette to cover this one handily.

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

right as always u r the greatest thxs

manny24
    pay Bobby

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

regularguy

Nice!!!!!

alexda[]
    alexda[]'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!
    second that

Regul8er
    Wordd

A little late fellas...sorry bout that!
    Tonight Im going with the Syracuse Orange at -2

Syracuse is led by a couple Freshman phoenom's in Donte Greene and Jonny Flynn. Flynn is a dynamic talent and really opens up the floor for the big men. They play years ahead of there age, so I'm not worried in this situation about the inexperienced Syracuse bunch. Veterans Eric Devendorf and Arinze Onuaku are becoming solid contributors. Syracuse isn't on there home floor, but they are very familiar with Madison Square Garden. I think they will feed off the energy, just as they did last week against an impressive St. Joesph's bunch. Let's just hope they don't fall in an early hole tonight.

This is Ohio State's biggest test since the departure of many key contributors off a NCAA finals run last year. I'm not sure if they have enough fire power to keep up with the Orange tonight. Plus, the Buckeyes haven't played since last Tuesday, so I anticipate it will take them a while to get going.

Good Luck!

Regul8er
    Wordd

Sorry fellas.....bad read by me!
    Flynn didn't come close to playing like an upperclassmen and got completely schooled by a more experienced Butler.
    That Koufos kid can flat out play!

Tonight just wasn't a good night.....I had a lot of trouble eyeing good lines, and everything I had my eye on lost BIG. Good thing I only put my money on one game, haha!
    Last edited by Regul8er; 11-21-07 at 10:58 PM.

Regul8er
    Wordd

8-2 in this set of 10....I'll take that to the bank everytime!!

Nov 14 Louisiana-Monroe (+23.5) 65 @ Michigan State 83 WIN
    Nov 14 Yale (+10.5) 80 @ Massachusetts 89 WIN
    Nov 15 Miami FL (-7.5) 85 vs Marist 61 WIN
    Nov 15 Memphis (-7) 63 vs Oklahoma 53 WIN
    Nov 18 Houston (-8) 84 vs College of Charleston 69 WIN
    Nov 18 Virginia Commonwealth (+7) 60 vs Arkansas 70 LOSS
    Nov 19 Princeton (+22.5) 61 vs Duke 83 WIN
    Nov 19 Illinois (-4) 77 vs Arizona State 54 WIN
    Nov 20 Marquette (-3) 91 vs Oklahoma State 61 WIN
    Nov 21 Syracuse (-2) 65 vs Ohio State 79 LOSS

First 10 Picks (7-3 ATS)
    Next 10 Picks (8-2 ATS)

Jpound21
    Jpound21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum but I really enjoy betting on just about anything. I am very competitive so I hateeeeee losing but I am very knowledgeable on NFL,NCAA football and basketball,baseball, as well as hockey. I look forward to interacting with all of you as long as I have money in my account haha. Regul8er you're just flat out tearing it up right now. Can't wait to use ya as my top handicapper haha keep up the good work man. To the rest...GL!

regularguy

Welcome Jpound.

Most excellent week, Regul8er!!!

First 1234 Last