cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Saturday 1/10/09

Oh yes, now for the ugly side of wagering...

We all know about the Oklahoma City cover yesterday against the Houton Rockets. Well now we get to take them to get pushed around by the suddenly healthy Bulls, who blew off the Wizzleskins last night. they will come into Oklahoma knowing full well that the Thunder had a much tighter and hotly contested game than they did. I will step in and back the Bulls to blow out the Thunder who have to travel after that close loss. Sub .500 teams usually struggle in their next game after a close game the night before. The Thunder are already 0-2 straight u and ats in their last two visits to Chicago. I look for more of the same in this one. Blowout City Baby

Bulls-7.5 with a 1 point buy

The Jazz have had the Pistons number in games in Salt Lake City to the tune of 5-0 straight up and 4-1 ats. Here come the Pistons fresh off of a come from behind victory against the Nuggets last night. I know for a fact that they are shorthanded right now. So they might be out of gas playing thier second consecutive game at high altitude, homies. I will back the Jazz in this matchup and see what they're made of.

Jazz-4.5 (projected)

I normally don't back teams in a back to back situation, but the Bobcats have that glow about them. And since Washington also played last night, there is no advantage to be gained by either team with respect to tiredness. I will just back the deeper team and ride with the points. The Bobcats have yet to pick up a win on this road trip, and with Detroit next up on the schedule, it would stand to reason that they will go all out in this game, and build up momentum for upsetting the Pistons in their first home game after a long road trip. I think that the public will back the Wizzleskins for whatever reason. I will back the Bobcats to pick up a much yearned for road victory. I mean with two sub .500 teams playing, you might as well take the points, right?

Bobcats+4 with a 1 point buy ****UPDATE NO PLAY FOR ME BECAUSE OF THE LINE MOVEMENT 3:37PM PST

NFL

Baltimore Ravens +3.5 (with a hook buy)

Change of play on 2nd game:

Arizona Cardinals+10 with a hook buy ****
    There has not been enough movement for the majority of players on the Carolina side

I will be playing college basketball in the morning, so here they go:

Kentucky-9 11:00am pst
    Dayton-4.5 10:00am pst
    Maryland-8 (hook buy) 9:00am pst
    Rhode Island+1 11:00am pst
    Last edited by cocknocker; 01-10-09 at 05:38 PM.

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like balt+whatever but i also like ari+10 and i do like ky-9. ky may just be the best bet of the day. GOOD LUCK BROTHER GOOD EVENING CK. i tailed your miami and it saved my skins this eve. thank you my friend. a true nailbiter.

huskers22
    huskers22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

What do you think of Oklahoma -1

YaBoy415
    YaBoy415's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanx for the picks mane hope they hit .... wat u think about in a 3team teaser balt +13 over in that 24 and i need 1 more wat u guys suggest???

cocknocker

Okay here's how I played my 4 college basketball plays:

Maryland-7.5
    Kentucky-7.5
    Rhode island+2
    Dayton-3.5

These are my final picks for college basketball

cocknocker

huckster22,

That's gonna be a toughy. The only thing that I can say about that one is pray. Kansas State is going to give them one heck of a game...

MJ
    MJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks CK, I got on board with everyone of your picks except Utah cuz I am waiting on that spread.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy always plays Kentucky tough and this game could be closer than this. With the way you pick games you will probably win but the rest of your plays look pretty good though. OU should be able to deal with KSU as they really haven't been tested as much as OU. I like the OU side of this one but it will probably be a close one.

cocknocker

Power ranking numbers

Maryland by 8 I capped them out to win by 14
    Dayton by 4 I capped them out to win by 11
    Kentucky by 10.5 I capped them out to win by 12
    Rhode Island by 2 I cappd them out to win by 6

jamesrg
    jamesrg's Avatar Become A Pro!

How's things ck ?

I cashed the 76ers by half a point thanks to the RLM this afternoon...Hopefully you didn't lose on that one ( i'm assuming you got the push at 6)

I'm with ya on the Jazz all the way home boy...Hopefully the spread is as soft as you projected in the opening post

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

...and thats why they play the game but I like your chances. Kentucky has been playing well of late and is starting to gain some swagger. I was also wondering about where you can get updated power rankings because I noticed Kelso doesnt update them too often...is this something you have to pay for?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

i hate to back a rookie qb on the road, but kerry collins does not strike fear in me on the other side. - this ravens defense is playing great right now, and i'm sure ray lewis will also amp up the troops on the revenge angle (home loss to tenn on 10/5). have to take the pts here.

*ravens
    arizona got their playoff win at home last week, now on the road - things will be very different. i've been calling the panthers my superbowl winners for the last 6 weeks, and i see them rolling over the cards at home (5-2 ats).

*panthers (large)
    jazz are 4-1 ats the last 5 at home to the pistons - i love playing against teams coming out of the high altitude and travel for a btb vs a rested team. i also love that the rested home team is one of my fav home teams to wager on. the jazz. the pistons won outright as i had hoped in denver, so expect a letdown now traveling to salt lake.

*jazz (large)
    best case scenario happened last night as the rockets won a hard fought game that went down to the wire...the rockets fly back home (5-10 ats) after a long 5 game east coast trip - waiting are the rested knicks (10-8 rd ats) - hungry to get back in the win column. artest may likely be back, but i see the rockets a little leg weary and not as hungry for the W as the Knicks may be.

*knicks (large)
    Last edited by Dexter; 01-10-09 at 07:37 AM.

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

any view on milw-minn?

minn is due for a lose. redd is the only bucks who played a high amount of mins over the close game with the nets.

bogut might still be out, no news yet

MVFC182
    MVFC182's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone know why the Wiz/Cats game total is so low at 180?

Bobcats have conceded 100 points in 4 of their last 7 whilst scoring over 100 3 times in that period. Also the last 9 of 10 times these teams have played the game total went over 180 (I know, different rosters etc but still).
    I'm just wondering whether there is something going on I don't know about because game totals for this matchup is usually about 10 points higher.

Interesting to see 98% are on the Over on vegasinsider aswell..

Thanks guys

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

the early look

det-utah-if you read my early look yesterday you saw i had predicted the detroit outright win over denver that happened last night which also was a "personal play" for me (those personal plays now 6-2) and i also went on to elaborate that it was important that detroit get the win cause they certainly wont get it in utah sat. night which brings me to the backing of the jazz just as the master of this thread (ck) is doing.. i would say jazz by 10... big play

everybody and his mother is talking about the balt ravens.. so far this is the most bet on team for the playoffs this weekend and all the news coming out of nashville seems bad as haynesworth is nicked up and all pro center kevin mawae wont play.. everybody is overlooking the fact that the teams that balt has trouble w/ are teams that have great running games and tough defense.. this m.o. if you will fit the tenn titans perfectly.. tenn is at home of course and i have to give the nod to tenn.. im not ready to make this a big pick yet but im leaning that way... i will update this thread w/ my pick before gametime for those who care.. i am 3-1 so far in the playoffs... update.. tennessee big play

in college basketball i have a fun small play on mich st. who is playing kansas on sat. before the big fball game.. take mich st for a fun small play and check back w/ me if ya like for my big pick on the balt-tenn brawl...

i see no reason why not to tease ck's chi. bulls pick w/ the jazz.. usually i dont like teasers but by gametime this line could be 9 or better...

i also like the charlotte pick and i think dexter has the right side of the houston-ny knicks game.. houston has the lakers up next at home..

i had another great day yesterday and thanks to ck,dexter and all the other knowledgeable cappers that provide good information
    Last edited by danrman; 01-10-09 at 01:21 PM.

vassman86
    vassman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bucks/Timberwolves -1.5

Oh man, Wolves are hot right now. They've won 4 straight, all against sub-500 teams, and they're up against another tomorrow night. Bucks will be on the tail end of a B2B, after nearly blowing a 12-point first-half lead to the Nets in a high-scoring game last night. Keep in mind, this is Milwaukee's third game in four nights.
    With the amount of confidence that the Timberwolves have been playing with, I'd gladly play them at -1.5 (especially if Bogut is out)

Other games
    Both the Jazz and the Bulls will get the job done in front of their home crowd tomorrow night.

MVFC182
    MVFC182's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like Chicago tomorrow as whenever OKC seem to give it their all at home, albeit for a close win or loss, they seem to suffer the next day, getting blown out. But a few stats worry me,

OKC are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games,
    • OKC are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Chicago.
    • Road team is 11-5 ATS in the last 16 meetings.

My gut feeling is still Chicago tho, despite those stats.

NBA Hero

nice analysis vassman.

any other thoughts guys about the mil-minn game.
    bogut indicates he might return but ridnour is battling symptoms of flu.
    anybody going to play this game?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

danrman - thx for pointing out the rockets have the lakers up next - that makes the knicks even that much stronger of a play imo..i missed that

NBA Hero

any other idea on minn-milw?
    no one on the bucks?

zackattack
    zackattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

ESPN BOTTOM LINE
    picks for yesterday went 3-5
    the ironic thing is since i decided to filter out huge dogs in hockey, i didn't use blue jackets as a pick and of course they won at +260
    so pretty bad day yesterday for all

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, not too many nba games today:
    I like char too 5-2 ATS in Was, ck has it completly right

I also love that NYK game, 5-2 ATS in Hou

dont know about that chi game, I also dont know why the over is so high, they normally have an average total of 194 (L5 in chi)

Utah is nice too, Utah is 4-1 ATS at home and 9-1 ATS overall aginst Det, I think ck and dexter explained it very well

still waiting for the totals on that Utah and Por game, very strong trend for the over in the first and the under in the other one, but I will have to see

nfl: Arz +10, I watched every game this year of the Cardinals, I know they played horrible on the east coast, but the one game they had a shot at was in Car, I also think it wont be too cold like in Phi or Bos, so they should be able to pass. I also think that they can contain the run game and if Arizona scores quick and Edge keeps running a bit, Car might have a problem. Btw Arizona is my super bowl pick.

Ten -3, best D and great running game and if they need to they can still pass, I just have to fade the Rookie QB today.
    I also like the over 34 here, I have it as a 24 -13 or 21- 13 win for Ten

africanroller
    africanroller's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like the Bobcats tonight. The Wiz have been favored 8 times this season and have lost 7 of those games. Thats pretty pathetic.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey CK, any consideration on the Bucks being dogs of 2 points? Minnesota has being playing very well recntly but is this a good time to fade them considering Minnesot has won 4 straight and covered 6 straight.

Here are my early leans on NHL
    Atla/Flor Under
    Colorado ml
    Montreal ml

As for NFL, i will be tailing CK with his picks. Just saw Baltimore's odds to win the SB and they are +815. Maybe worth a small investment to get back a large payback.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    any other idea on minn-milw?
    no one on the bucks?

hey NBA Hero, i was thinking the same thing. Let's get CK's advice on this aswell?

Hey Arfricanroller, any leans on NHL yet?Looking forward to them.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

nba_hero
    well minn is 8-1 SU and 6-3 ATS at home against the bucks and I think Minn played really good lately and considering Mil played last night and had to travel from NJ and that was a hard fought victory. Minn is rested as they plaed their last game on Wednesday.
    Also when you take a look at the L5 games Min scored 10.4 ppg more than Mil and only allowed 2.4 more ppg per game. I think Min has the edge especially being a home game too and the only thing they have to do is win against Mil and even if its only 2 point you still push
    give me Min -2

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good morning everyone:

First of all I want to thank PeterPan19 for those beautifull UNDER's at DET and at WAS!
    yesterday was an almost perfect night: 6-1-1 the Push was on Miami...that almost ricked like blowout trap!!

To Zack:
    the ESPN fades didn't went so well yesterday, I've tracked only the NBA fades, and it went 3-4! But we should continue to keep track of this trend!

To Dexter:
    We rolled with the cavs and they cashed our ticket! very nice!! hope u had a good night also!

And as always thx to CK for all his work!

For today's plays:
    I will be rolling with CK picks at NCAAB and NFL!

for the NBA i'll post later!

NBA Hero

thanks for the advice guys. my guts is just telling me to pick up milw.

appreciate the mafias advice

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Hero View Post
    any view on milw-minn?

minn is due for a lose. redd is the only bucks who played a high amount of mins over the close game with the nets.

bogut might still be out, no news yet

I don't believe in the "due" theory but I think Minnesota have overreached themselves. Milwaukee can bring them down to earth tonight.

BmoreBucco
    BmoreBucco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6813

Looking hard at these NFL games and am really conflicted. So in the meantime, I gotta have a little action early. Can't find any games I love, so as much as I'm not a teaser guy, some days you just gotta tease it up.

Gonna put a decent amount on:

Louisville +7.5/Maryland -4

I'm gonna give it a half hour or so in case the CK Mafia has any big red flags for me...

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Hello guys.I think that we have a very wonderful day today.Cashing last night's bets.I went 2-0(Orl&Cha,nice call CK) with a tie(Mia).Just only 3 plays for me today:

Min -2 I think the wolves are catching up the standards what Mchale wants them to do.Playing as a team playing good defense.As i watched them these past 6 games they are improving and moving as a whole.I think that no way that the bucks will win this one especially on the road going b2b with a hardfought game against the nets.As peter was saying min is 8-1 su & 6-3 ats against the bucks plus with my conclusion of 5 against 3 players on the floor (refering the starting 5 of min against Redd,Jefferson & Villanueva.I think Bogut will miss this game).Foye playing better as of late also.(Playing Very heavy)

Car -9.5(NFL) following CK on this one.The cardinals played last week and almost lost that game.They just pick up their D in the 2nd half while they are to tentative in the 1st.The cards are banged up while the panters have their rest and time to scout their opponent.The cards have a good running D,but the car also has a good passing D.The panthers not only rely on rushing but they also have passing.Eventhough the cards stop them on their running game they can't stop the passing of Delhomme.The cards rely mostly on their passing game which will be a problem to them b/c of the quick pass rush D of the panthers.Jake Delhomme will bring them to Tampa.(Playing Very Heavy)

OkC/Chi under 205 Simple,both b2b,chi has rest(no travel involve),OkC have to travel to chi.Both are fast pace teams but the thunder won't catch up with the bulls.So,chi will mostly score in this one while the thunder will be left from the otherside of the court waiting to the ball.(Heavy play)

Also waiting for some suggestions/comments or thoughts on this one.CK,Dexter,Peter,Joana,Sharp,Showtime, NBAHero,African and nonsense.And this one for all of you Nice work.What do you all think?All of your advices are very good.and also good at researching games,because of you all i won't be that serious in researching.Welcome all advice.NOTE:I only look at players matchup.and mins. played in their last 5 games plus performance.

BmoreBucco
    BmoreBucco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6813

CK,

Jazz line at -9.5. That has to shake up your thinking on this game, no?

MJ
    MJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you all still like Utah at -10?

cocknocker

Utah-9.5 yes

cocknocker

Utah is going to blow out the shorthanded Pistons on a back end of a back to back

1234 ... Last