cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for CK's Birthday 1/2/09

Oh what a wonderful day today is. I am 41 years young, and I am still going strong!

Friday has a whole plate of games to wager on, but I must keep it slim as I have a game in mind that i am going to play heavy.

I like the Orlando squad a lot. They are beasts in the east, and are quietly filling the pockets of their backers. At this point of the season, I think that they are the best bet. They are a deep team, but their depth is being tested with the loss of the often injured Pietrus. No problem. Miami is a short team, and one that has overacheived to a certain degree despite that lack of height. The Magic are anything but that and with their height and talent they should win this one going away. After all, Miami is 1-4 straight up and 1-3-1 ats in games in Orlando, despite usual spreads of 11.5 in their last 4 games there.

Orlando-7.5 (Buying a point to get under the key)

The Celtics are up against the wall now losing to the Lakers, Golden State and Portland wrapped around a blowout win over the Kings. It's always a good idea to take a team when their stock is down, and with them faving Washington, this will be a tough test, as the Wizzards are playing some serious ball right now, and covering spreads against teams like Houston and New Orleans in consecutive games. This will be their 3rd straight game againt playoff caliber teams on the road. And ordinarily, they play Boston well in Beantown, going 4- straight up and ats. I am sure that Doc has had a chance to tweak a few things, and he is also very aware of Washington's record against them at home. The Wizards may just get Boston's finest effort of the year on Friday night, as they are on their 4th game in 6 days, and 3rd straight road game, the first two of which were in a different time zone. When teams have subpa records on an out of conference rod trip, they usually tear it up when they finally do get back home. Boston romps in a laugher.

Boston-8.5 (projected)

* UPDATE 10:20am pst WELL THE ACTUAL LINE IS -14.5 SO NO BOSTON PLAY FOR ME

Styles is gonna go with Charlotte+6.5

As for College Football

Utah+10 (buying a hook) HEAVY

Mississippi+4.5 (If they can beat Florida at home, they can beat anyone)
    Last edited by cocknocker; 01-02-09 at 12:20 PM.

heyheyhey
    heyheyhey's Avatar Become A Pro!

happy birthday bro, lets get that money

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend. my plays for tomorrow are as follows: tex tech-4, ky+3,utah+9'. i also like orl and hou. i went 4-1 today in the bowl games. GOOD LUCK KIND SIR

alittlemoresound
    alittlemoresound's Avatar Become A Pro!

happy birthday. lets get them picks this year. I plan on making alot of $ next NFL season. Hope to see you there. have a good birthday....

isiah121
    isiah121's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy birthday CK bro. Quick question in regards to your Utah +10 play. Is that play for football or Basketball (Utah Jazz)?

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

and my va tech lock hits

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Happy Birthday Ck,wish you all the best,and may you have more birthdays to come.

nonsense48

Quote Originally Posted by isiah121 View Post
    Happy birthday CK bro. Quick question in regards to your Utah +10 play. Is that play for football or Basketball (Utah Jazz)?
    i think he means utah cfl

nonsense48

it was a great day to start the new year. GOOD NITE AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

cocknocker

Isiah121,

College football. That one will be my heaviest play Friday.

Thank you all for the support and wishes for a happy birthday. I look forward to getting me some more of that good bowl money!

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

So I decided to lay off today and both teams I was gonna take (Vtech and USC) won...I such a good almost better. Too bad it doesnt pay much

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

CK,do you think nyk -2.5 will be a good play?they already loss 3 straight at home right now.I don't know if it's a good matchup between these two teams,ind injury riddled and the knicks lack of players.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy Birthday ck from me too, have a great day and lets win all your games today as a little birthday present.
    I was wondering, what happened to the indiana, toronto and portland game you talked about earlier this week ?
    Have a wonderful day.

cocknocker

ragiche,

That one will be a squeaker bcause neither of those teams play any defense. Indiana is 4-1 ats in games in Gotham, so proceed with caution. The Pacers are just as desperate for a win as the Knicks are. I think that the over may happen though. Both teams love to shoot threes. If you are gonna take the Knicks get below that key number.

cocknocker

peterpan,

the games that I had earmarked have been replaced by stronger one. The Celtics had a bad road trip, and they usually always make up for bad play when they are at home. As far as Orlando is concerned the Heat are due to get blown off now after playing over their heads and covering two straight games against the Cavs. I think that when the Cavs play again, they will be a good wager..As far as Portland is concerned, I would have to see what's up with Roy. If he plays then I may have to go with the young guns on the late night tweek. New Orleans is due for a signature win after a current 1-5 ats streak, which is burning up the pockets of their backers. Indiana is not playing with good form, after letting the hawks get them late in their last game. They had many chances to win that game and let it slip away.

2qwik
    2qwik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Happy Birthday CK !!!

I hope you get all your picks right and consider my referral bonus for thegreek.com as your Birthday present. Of course it will be a late present since we havent passed a full month yet but its coming.

tlk23
    tlk23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6878

Just a few trends to look at. Over means for the total combined score, not just one team, but both.

- Denver has played the Over in their last 4 games (by an average of 9.25 ppg) and OK City has been Over in 2 of their last three.

- Memphis Over in 3 of their last 4.

- Hawks Over last three games.

- Indiana Over in their last 4 games at least.

- Cavs have not covered the last 3 games.

- Spurs have not covered the last three times they have been favored.

- 76ers have been Over in the last 4 games at least.

- Bucks have covered as the underdog in at least their last three games as dogs.
    Last edited by tlk23; 01-02-09 at 12:15 AM.

indeed
    indeed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

CK - with you on Boston, Orlando, and Ole Miss .. but where is this Utah pick coming from?!

Other leans:
    Warriors +2
    Nuggets -6.5 (buying a point)
    Spurs/Grizzlies Over 187
    Last edited by indeed; 01-02-09 at 12:48 AM.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

thx ck
    so you think cle -11.5 would be good today, they already covered twice this year and are 8-2 ATS at home. They lost a brutal one to miami didnt cover 3 in a row. As for Chc they were just hammered by Orl and the beating will continue today, the more I think aboutit the more I like Cle here.

Alex68
    Alex68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Happy Birthday CK.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy birthday homie. I absolutly love Utah as well and it's nice to see you backing them to

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Happy birthday, CK! Here's to a prosperous and healthy New Year!
    For everyone out there: Is anyone considering taking the Pacers/Knicks OVER 227?

willpies
    willpies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i think lakers should win easily

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

atl throws a lot from the three, whether it goes in or not, till the eng of the final buzzer.
    you cant expect anybody else as licensed to score as bibby and joe. coach has already addressed that sitiation eons ago and it will be their continuous play. cant expect horford, smith to make jumpshots. scores of this guys are made on putbacks and fastbreaks, and cuts.
    dont get me wrong. I rode on the success of atl on their streak, but betting on them will always be a risk until the young guys develop their strenght offensively.

nobody on SAN? DAL?

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Year!

Alright one of my many New Years resolutions is to be more valuable to the thread. First off Happy Birthday CK! I appreciate all that you do to promote knowledge and responsibility in sports gambling.

So for tomorrow I am playing 4 games and here is why.

Utah +10(Buy 1/2) - Im completely blind but its CK's Birthday and he sounded pretty excited so im trusting him on this one.

Utah/Alabama Over 45 - Hopefully CK is right on the Utah pick and this game can pick up. The more Utah scores the higher this game goes. Utah is 9-2 O/U in all games..In other word Utah is going to be putting points on the board. I am hoping for an early lead by Utah to throw Alabama into the chase.

Small Parlay Utah +10.5(Buy Point)/Utah Over 45/Orlando Magic(looks fun)

Denver -7.5(Buy .5)(18-14 ATS) - Durant and the Oklahoma garbage are about to be hit by a healthy Nuggets. Carmelo is back to his 30+ minutes and Oklahoma is just the team to let him have a 30 plus point night. This is the perfect team to get Denvers ATS record against losing teams up to 9-5.

Dallas -7.5 - Ow Dirk boy...this is the lightest of my plays but Im hoping to see Jason Kidd slow Andre Miller on this one. Dirk should have a field day. Im loooking to tease this game because Im afraid of a Dallas 6 point win....welp Im just going lighly.....

GL All tommorow and Happy Birthday CK

danrman

happy birthday.. make us some muny... j/k of course

danrman

im liking the charlotte pick.. lil scared of orlando just back home,playing a team in state and miami has been playing well of late vs. the spread

indeed
    indeed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If the Lakers' spread gets down to 5, I'll play them .. Sloan's tough guys (Harpring, Millsap) might fluster the Lakers enough to not cover. They should win, though.

chrrr
    chrrr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy birthday, CK!

Today I am on two soccer matches: Tottenham ML (English FA Cup) and Academica pick (Portugal SuperLiga), and depending on the outcomes of those two matches, I might, might not play the Bobcats and Boston later tonight. I already have few plays booked in the NBA tonight:

Mavs-Sixers UNDER
    Lakers-9
    Magic-8
    Nuggets-7.5

all for 2 units.

I also followed you on both college football picks. Hope it turns for me today, the last few weeks, I've been terrible at it - my record from December and to this date is 5-13, and I had 4 wins last night. Good thing I'm 55-41 in NBA.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

crazy reverse line movement in t.tech vs ole miss. tech getting the money at 70% while the line has dropped from an opening at 7 to 4. sec doing well at 3-0 so far in bowl games. Ole Miss's 8-4 record shows their 4 losses came by an average of just 4.8 ppg, and they are 4-0 ats as a dog this year. ttech has failed to cover their last 3 bowl games when favored. like the way ole-miss crushed lsu (bowl winner) on 11/22.

*mississippi

2 teams going in opposite directions to end the year - kentucky has dropped 4 of 5 su to end the year, while ecu has won 6 of 7 su. ecu is not great on the road ats at 2-6, but did win and cover on a neutral site- and this spread is not much at -3. ecu has beaten bowl winners Va.Tech/WVirg and a very good Tulsa team, while kentucky has not beaten a team with a winning record to end the year.

*ecu

*alabama

-happy bday to cocknocker
    Last edited by Dexter; 01-02-09 at 08:54 AM.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy Birthday CK Hope u have a very nice day!

I've been away for the week, went to Dublin (that's a great place to go, the irish are very cool) on vacation, and just made a few bets! So I'm back again, strong and willing to make loads of cash!!

I'll comeback later with a good pick, kinda birthday gift to CK

and HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

kevsworld
    kevsworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

Happy BD CK, I have enjoyed your write up...you are always the early bird! GL

NBA Hero
    NBA Hero's Avatar Become A Pro!

atl will avenge their two early loss. atl loves to play on a team which beat them.

dallas will have a shooting game at home for a change esp after a early lead the last time of minn. seeing a possible blowout. carlisle will make adjustment to shut down the guards, dalembert and young will be their old self. no one can guard a 7 footer with a sweet touch.

lots of cash to earn tom, lets cash it in

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

"The Tide will be playing without its best player, All-American offensive tackle Andre Smith, who was suspended early in the week for reportedly having improper contact with an agent. The junior is expected to be one of the top 2-3 choices in the NFL Draft."

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Happy birthday CK. Love the Utah pick.

1234 ... Last