5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

not sure dinger will make the grade on my roster, but never know...im not close to done pluggin in my numbers yet...hes had a few good runs with a 3rd, 33,and 11th i think, but thats just from memory so maybe off slightly

my notebooks are huge ive complied for each track/driver and really wont dive in until monday morning, but ill check it out...there isnt a driver i dont have a book on and at every track so hes in there...
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-24-12 at 11:03 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    5dimes usually doesnt put up the "field" option for regular sprint cup races just so u guys are aware...usually just for truck and nationwide series races not saying they wont, but usually they dont because thats the only thing i didnt like when i came from vip.com last year...reminds me i had "field" at 30 to 1 at vip when bayne won last year too ive still only got around 5-6 roster spots filled of early bets in my system, but ill be working and researching on everything all day as usual today too...even peaked at my phoenix notebooks for next week when the normal tracks start up
    they may at daytona, but during the season its was rare to have "field" option in sprint cup, they usually put odds on nearly everybody with exceptions of start and park teams maybe

being the 500 is just a crap-shoot anyways they might but not 4 sure by any means

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

we got another daytona 500 practice coming up on Speed channel from 1230-130pm(est)..

after this, FINAL practice is tomorrow morning at 10:30am on speed channel

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

these are the 2 practices u need to watch right here...this is the best stuff they will all have

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Can't unfortunately...at work. Please let us know if you see anyone else that stands out.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheSchafe View Post
    Can't unfortunately...at work. Please let us know if you see anyone else that stands out.
    i sure will...im looking for problems more than anything....plate track practices is the only time all year i dont tape and study all year...im more looking for overheating, ect.

lots of cars already going to backup cars thats something else im looking for to see just how they handle....as far as sppeds go not sure thats a factor here

some are pushin, some in big packs, some running solo....usual weeks this isnt a problem when studying the data

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

looks to me like the 500 going to be a survival game until the last 2 laps to see whos left

everybody talking about how easily and quick these cars over-heat....definatley going to be interseting

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Hard to work out much from these practices eh Mike?

With half the field or less bothering to run.

The point the booth guys made about Kyle's car sucking up better than anyone else is about best info I've got from it anyway.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Hard to work out much from these practices eh Mike? With half the field or less bothering to run. The point the booth guys made about Kyle's car sucking up better than anyone else is about best info I've got from it anyway.
    i totally agree Opti....not much prevelant info going on..at least not for me anyways

kinda always this way at plate tracks i guess...the real data starts next week at phoenix and then vegas....

but for some reason i cant let myself NOT watch every lap of practice..LOL

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

only 22 even took 1 lap....alot arent going to risk wrecking...i mean at this point these guys arent going to "learn" anything they dont already know for the 500

final practice may be different tomorrow morning, but i doubt it...most of these guys wont see the track again til sunday afternoon...all the real practices ended wednesday from what i can see

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

these chevys and toyotas are having a heck of a time keeping the machines cooled down..and doesnt matter if they are in a pack or tandem either....even begging nascar to let them open up the grills a little bit more, but nascar has said "no way" so fa

advantage: FORD

Optional

Yeah, I'm trying to fight my bias. But everything points that way. Cool heads, on shoulders and blocks will be key.

Was thinking to myself decisions like "will I go a lap down rather than cook the engine early" will be tough on drivers today. But the ones that let it go are probably the only ones with a chance.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

yeah just hoping the bullets u have for the 500 get lucky and win...i love this race, but i feel like no matter what its still luck over cappin ability and study, and only at plate tracks do i actually think thats the case...every other place on ciruit i believe the exact opposite...but it is what it is, and im excited and cant wait

nationwide qualifying going on ESPN2 right now if interested...nationwide will be mostly tandem i think, at least from what ive seen i think they will....that package must be able to cool down much easier than Cup cars
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-24-12 at 01:43 PM.

Optional

Don't want to appear argumentative, and this is just another of my random ponderings on the race.

But I predict there will be no surprise winner this year. I think this style of racing will need the best driving to triumph. I bet luck plays a lot less part this year than it has for a long time.

And this from a man who backed Bayne at 150/1 and thought he was a good chance from early in Speed Week last year.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Don't want to appear argumentative, and this is just another of my random ponderings on the race. But I predict there will be no surprise winner this year. I think this style of racing will need the best driving to triumph. I bet luck plays a lot less part this year than it has for a long time. And this from a man who backed Bayne at 150/1 and thought he was a good chance from early in Speed Week last year.
    i still think its anybodys race to win, but pack racing does lean toward the better plate draivers...i havent bet any "real" suprises yet though

even old style pack racing is a crap-shoot to handicap, and last few laps will definatley turn into 2 car tandems i expect...but of course last year was a fluke being such a crazy winner imo....not bayne himself just the suprise of him winning his 1st time out..only a handful of guys i would actually be "suprised" if they won...hard to suprise me at a plate track i guess
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-24-12 at 02:31 PM.

Optional

I had been following Bayne through Nationwide. From when he first started driving for Mikey, then got shafted. And got his NW lifeline from Roush out of nowhere.

One thing I have been good at over the years is spotting talent early. Always had tickets on McDowell btw. Got a gut feeling he will be worth a dollar for a top 5 if it's available.

Optional

Colin Braun is another over looked talent imho. But think his chance is gone now.

Optional

And I think Ricky Stenhouse is better than both of them btw.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

And I think Ricky Stenhouse is better than both of them btw.
    i totally agree...hes got full time cup talemt right now

**remember trevor Bayne is hometown kid from where i live...,went to high school bout 2 miles from my house and parents still live here too

he makes alot of apperances here

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

stenhouse/bayne may give the cup guys all they can handle in nationwide race tomorrow

Optional

Who are you a fan of Mike?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

[quote=Optional;13886383]Who are you a fan of Mike?[/quote

in what are u meaning "fan" of?

like a race or fav. driver?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

my fav. driver is Kyle Busch....

besides him my fav. driver varies by each week, depending who i bet to win me the most money!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

my fav. driver is Kyle Busch....

besides him my fav. driver varies by each week, depending who wins me the most money!!!

+1.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

onlooker another KYLE fan!!!!!!

YES SIR!!!!!

we are few are far between around here buddy...i think its jealousy more than anything else
    thought i was all alone in this catagory

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Opti may have meant fav. for the weekend, but not sure

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Hi boys, another race day!

Any suggestions on who take in the truck race? I havent been following too closely? is the shrub entered?

Optional

No I meant do you have a favorite driver or team or brand.

What sort of cap you would wear to a race... etc.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

No I meant do you have a favorite driver or team or brand. What sort of cap you would wear to a race... etc.
    KYLE BUSCH is my faorite driver and JGR is my favorite Sprint Cup team....(i like dennt alot too, lagano not so much but i support the 20 too)

dont really care about manufacter or anything

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

im ready for the nationwide race tomorrow afternoon!!!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Me too. Since the KBM #18 Truck got wrecked.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

So what is your list of bets for tomorrow?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So what is your list of bets for tomorrow?
    i havent placed anything on nationwide yet, i will tomorrow...i usually bet 1-2 early bets on nationwide, but being its a plate race i didnt even bother..i dont wager anywhere close or even use system i use for Cup races...the odds on nationwide wont work in my system cause they are all so low in past, but this year maybe different since edwars, kyle arent running many races...ill just have to see what happens on each race

usually on nationwide ill have 2-3 drivers to win at the most, and 1 parlay of H2H matchups for fun

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

i havent placed anything on nationwide yet, i will tomorrow...i usually bet 1-2 early bets on nationwide, but being its a plate race i didnt even bother..i dont wager anywhere close or even use system i use for Cup races...the odds on nationwide wont work in my system cause they are all so low in past, but this year maybe different since edwars, kyle arent running many races...ill just have to see what happens on each race

usually on nationwide ill have 2-3 drivers to win at the most, and 1 parlay of H2H matchups for fun
    Alright cool.

I'm looking forward to seeing your plays this year, on all series. See how it compares to mine.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Alright cool. I'm looking forward to seeing your plays this year, on all series. See how it compares to mine.
    keep in mind i do 0 research on trucks, and not too much on nationwide(but more than trucks) so those picks are just what im feelin...now Cup i do a ton of reserch on so thats what i mainly focus on...nationwide going to be different animal this year with the big guns not running most of the races...odds will be longer too which will be nice to see for once

and H2H parlays i bet in every series, i usually just bet on the underdog driver on all 3 matchups, just do those in all series for fun....

First 123456 ... Last