5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

i would never bet ambrose unless its a road course...jk aussie boys

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

haha, me either. I have never placed a wager on him outside of WG & Sears. But he is getting a lot better on the ovals.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    haha, me either. I have never placed a wager on him outside of WG & Sears. But he is getting a lot better on the ovals.
    in all seriousness, he really is getting ALOT better, and been strong this week as well

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    who else was over heatin that u remember Opti??
    Mark Martin tweeted that he was.

It seemed pretty warm in Florida today, probably their first real chance to check race-spec tape amounts, etc. I would imagine anyone over heating today will adjust tape for the race and not have any issues. Obviously that will effect their speed even more though. Marcos was overheating too boys.
    How badly? Where did you get that btw?

Optional

I make sure I have at least 5 bucks on him just about every race. Just in case.

Optional

U guys watching truck practice?

Turner trucks running well in race trim. Piquet, Paludo. Think I posted about this time last year that I thought both would win a race in 2011.

Think same again for 2012. But don't think I'll be wrong this time.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Good luck this year, Mike.

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How badly? Where did you get that btw?
    I was listening to Marcos' in-car radio. He was complaining about almost from the get go. He kept updating the team on temps every few laps. He was also saying he was really tight, probably for the 15 laps before his pitstop.

They will get it sorted.

I make sure I have at least 5 bucks on him just about every race. Just in case.
    Losing strategy bud.

I always load up on him for a top 5 finish at every road course. And also sprinkle a little on the win. But don't touch him for any other race.

I also always take JPM for top 5 at Indy, but he keeps screwing that one up every year.

MatI

U guys watching truck practice?

Turner trucks running well in race trim. Piquet, Paludo. Think I posted about this time last year that I thought both would win a race in 2011.

Think same again for 2012. But don't think I'll be wrong this time.
    Nah, im at work now. Took late shift for today and monday so i can see all the action, but practice will have to miss out.

Optional

Did Racebuddy have the #9 incar radio?

MatI

No, I have trackpass. have been purchasing it every year for probably 5 years now. It is the fukn best. I wish F1 had something similar.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i watched the hour long truck practice today that was on spped from 12-1pm

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Good luck this year, Mike.
    TY Sir!!!

ill take all the help i can get!!!

Optional

No, I have trackpass. have been purchasing it every year for probably 5 years now. It is the fukn best. I wish F1 had something similar.
    Never heard anyone else recommend it before. Always thought it was a bit rinky dink and mainly covered Junior. Maybe I need to look again.

Bernie just announced F1 will finally have it and more today.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...mula-one-deal/

MatI

Never heard anyone else recommend it before. Always thought it was a bit rinky dink and mainly covered Junior. Maybe I need to look again.

Bernie just announced F1 will finally have it and more today.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/...mula-one-deal/
    Doesn't look like it is coming this year, but looks like bernie is finally starting to think about some kind of pay service off their website. I can't wait for the day.

Trackpass covers all drivers. I have the full package and most of it is rinky dink, but you should def check out the 'scanner' option and buy that. To be honest, most races I listen to the commentary down and just listen to the in-car audio. It gives me a much better for feel for what is going on in the race and is completely un-edited so you get some great to hear some awesome dummy spits!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i agree trackpass is nice to listen to scanners on, especially when u have money riding on a certain driver and really gives great info but thats all i used it for personally...besides that i listen to the broadcast cause if u dont u can miss alot of info that way too

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Be gone Sunday but GL on 500 all

Go Newman

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Be gone Sunday but GL on 500 all Go Newman
    GL buddy...newman would be a flat out miracle...but i got him at +3800 too as 1 of longshots i took early, so be glad to see it myself

Vegas39

GL buddy...newman would be a flat out miracle...but i got him at +3800 too as 1 of longshots i took early, so be glad to see it myself
    No Robby Gordon a miracle I just need a repeat of 2008

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

No Robby Gordon a miracle I just need a repeat of 2008
    trust me i got him too and would well id love to see him win, but its pretty damn close to a miracle to happen IMO....he hasnt looked good at all

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

So what bets are placed so far Mike?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So what bets are placed so far Mike?
    just a few longshots and a few favorites at +1200....just 5-6 total so far...i wont finish my roster til saturday or sunday morning....i just took the drivers that were huge longshots like biff and matt +2800 or great value at +1200 like harvick and smoke..theres more just cant remember right off hand..with these odds i got on early i have plenty of room left to add more the next few days....still pluggin in stuff to my system and waiting on odds to be posted again....havent decided who is going to be huge prophit and whos cover wagers as of yet...just see how my system rostaer looks next few days and go from there

Vegas39

trust me i got him too and would well id love to see him win, but its pretty damn close to a miracle to happen IMO....he hasnt looked good at all
    They will do engine change and be better in my opinion as long as he misses inevitable early wreck

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

They will do engine change and be better in my opinion as long as he misses inevitable early wreck
    like i said id love to see it, but doubt it happens...i just like +3800 odds on past winner, and on my system said anything +2500 for him was worth it so i grabbed him

now biffle and kennseth were steals at +2800 IMO...and like +1200 for harvick and smoke too...

but its just a crapshoot here so cap and research as much as i do every week, in reality doesnt help that much here..luck more involved than other factor at plate tracks....now starting next week, it will help a bunch to put in the time

Vegas39

like i said id love to see it, but doubt it happens...i just like +3800 odds on past winner, and on my system said anything +2500 for him was worth it so i grabbed him

now biffle and kennseth were steals at +2800 IMO...and like +1200 for harvick and smoke too...

but its just a crapshoot here so cap and research as much as i do every week, in reality doesnt help that much here...now starting next week, it will help a bunch

Yes we may as well pull numbers from a hat

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i agree...i just make sure if 1 of those #s is mine ill get paid handsomely for it

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Exactly. I don't bet restrictor plate races, Crapshoots, unless I get a hot tip from someone here.

But I do understand the value side of it, I hope you cash big Mike.

Mike. Can you give us a run down of what your on before the race starts?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Exactly. I don't bet restrictor plate races, Crapshoots, unless I get a hot tip from someone here. But I do understand the value side of it, I hope you cash big Mike. Mike. Can you give us a run down of what your on before the race starts?
    yeah i always post my complete roster on my thread b4 every race starts...including who my prophit winners are and who my "cover" winners are who cover all my wagers...just depends on the odds i bet each driver every week, and how the numbers work, ect.

Optional

Doesn't look like it is coming this year, but looks like bernie is finally starting to think about some kind of pay service off their website. I can't wait for the day.

Trackpass covers all drivers. I have the full package and most of it is rinky dink, but you should def check out the 'scanner' option and buy that. To be honest, most races I listen to the commentary down and just listen to the in-car audio. It gives me a much better for feel for what is going on in the race and is completely un-edited so you get some great to hear some awesome dummy spits!
    Does trackpass let you listen in during practice?

MatI

It's only up for the race. Last year they also started offering the radio scanner for Nationwide races too.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave MatI 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Grabbed a few 500 futures on 5dimes this morning:

Harvick +1200
    Kenseth +2300
    Biffle +2500

Adding to my AJ +3200 pick I grabbed last week, I'm liking the value I'm getting here.

Anyone know if/when 5dimes is going to put up a "field" option? Wanted to take a shot with Ambrose and Regan Smith, but they're not one of the drivers listed.

TheSchafe

Maybe Almirola too...my man Dinger gave that 43 some awesome runs in the 500 the past two years.

Optional

I'm thinking the same as you Schafe.

I'm guessing we will start to see the full range of bets come up on 5D after second practice this arvo. They will have odds for everyone without a field, or just about everyone with a very small field I imagine.

The bulk of props won't turn up until Saturday night and Sunday morning.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

5dimes usually doesnt put up the "field" option for regular sprint cup races just so u guys are aware...usually just for truck and nationwide series races

not saying they wont, but usually they dont because thats the only thing i didnt like when i came from vip.com last year...reminds me i had "field" at 30 to 1 at vip when bayne won last year too

ive still only got around 5-6 roster spots filled of early bets in my system, but ill be working and researching on everything all day as usual today too...even peaked at my phoenix notebooks for next week when the normal tracks start up
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-24-12 at 10:57 AM.

TheSchafe

May be biased, but watch Dinger at Phoenix (and any other flat track on the sched, honestly)

First 12345 ... Last