D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I really like the Czech Republic +2.5 tonight but I don't think I wanna take all that juice at -135. But one thing for sure I sure as hell won't back the Russians tonight.

doogie24
    doogie24's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been contemplating the +2.5 as well. Finland just moved onto the semi final with a 8-5 win over the Slovaks.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

i realy like this russia team and they have best goalie . i feel like a 5-1 game for russia

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Russia -2 and O6 goals is easy $$$. WJC is a cash cow.

D3 Mighty Ducks

The Czech's won't just roll over and let the Russians walk all over them. Both teams have solid goalies in net tonight so maybe a low scoring game could be in the works. But betting on the Under in this tournament is like suicide. Just going to pass on this game but good luck to whoever has a wager on this.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    The Czech's won't just roll over and let the Russians walk all over them. Both teams have solid goalies in net tonight so maybe a low scoring game could be in the works. But betting on the Under in this tournament is like suicide. Just going to pass on this game but good luck to whoever has a wager on this.
    Goaltending is highly overrated in this tournament considering these players have just been thrown together for a couple weeks. There is very little in terms of implemented systems and most these guys are lacking defensively. And when all else fails....Russia's young guns have the skill to take over a game. They will win this tournament.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post

Goaltending is highly overrated in this tournament considering these players have just been thrown together for a couple weeks. There is very little in terms of implemented systems and most these guys are lacking defensively. And when all else fails....Russia's young guns have the skill to take over a game. They will win this tournament.
    Not to sound like a square but the Canadians got this tournament in the bag. They are the most complete team in this tournament playing in front of their home crowd. And after that heart breaking loss to the Russians last year blowing a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period, that memory is still to fresh in their heads. Canadians will win this tournament you can bank on that.

bruins35

I hate canadas goalies this year . if i had a gun to my head i would bet russia .

bobbyk1133

Canada are favorites but a lot of that is thanks to home ice and media hype. RUS have the advantage in goal and have better high end prospects like Yakupov/Kuznetzov. I think the pressure from last year could actually hurt CAN in the end and RUS are playing inspired hockey for their fallen teammates in the plane crash. I think the value on RUS is a no-brainer.

bruins35

Canada are favorites but a lot of that is thanks to home ice and media hype. RUS have the advantage in goal and have better high end prospects like Yakupov/Kuznetzov. I think the pressure from last year could actually hurt CAN in the end and RUS are playing inspired hockey for their fallen teammates in the plane crash. I think the value on RUS is a no-brainer.
    I couldn't have said it any better .Excatly what i have been thinking the entire tourney

doogie24

Hadn't made a play for a few days so decided to pull the trigger on Czech +2.5. Hopefully the return of Musil can spark the Czech's after a rough game vs Finland.

Best of luck to everyone! enjoy.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Got not wager on this game but I like the Czech's to cover +2.5 they're playing strong so far. But as a Canadian I want the Russians to win so the Canadians can get revenge on them from last year's Gold Medal game. Just going to enjoy this game. Good luck everyone.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i went over 6 like someone said...should be about 4-0 RUS right now but this goalie is unreal...

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    i went over 6 like someone said...should be about 4-0 RUS right now but this goalie is unreal...
    The only knock I have on this RUS team is they want every goal to be a YouTube moment. They don't shoot nearly enough.

bobbyk1133

Not sure how he missed that.

bruins35

goalie is trying to steal this game against russia

bobbyk1133

I really like the Czech Republic +2.5 tonight but I don't think I wanna take all that juice at -135. But one thing for sure I sure as hell won't back the Russians tonight.
    You would be sitting pretty right about now if you listened to yourself.

doogie24

Mrazek has been great so far... this should be an entertaining 3rd.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
    Mrazek has been great so far... this should be an entertaining 3rd.
    Great is an understatement. This kid is in tha zone ala Halak vs WSH couple years ago.

bobbyk1133

80 shots in this game

bruins35

this is sucha great game

bobbyk1133

CZE deserved a better fate...but RUS/CAN is gna be epic.

doogie24

Without having seen Latvia play once yet, I took USA -7.5 today. Campbell will start, we'll see how this goes.

My book is showing Canada -2.0 tonight and Sweden -1.5 today

edit: Austin Watson just had a natural hat trick to make it 3-0 USA, its 4-0 after 1.
    Last edited by doogie24; 01-03-12 at 12:34 PM.

John Deere
    Beer Time !!!!!
    John Deere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5844

SWE -1 for me

doogie24

USA cruises to a 12-2 win, and avoids relegation.

ChickenSwede
    ChickenSwede's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
    SWE -1 for me
    I'm thinking the same as you do. Played SWE -1,5 to +130 (2.3 in decimal form which we use here on the other side of the Atlantic). I may be biased but I don't think that Sweden will repeat the same mistake as in last year's tournament when they qualified for the semifinals after a fantastic victory against Canada, but were beaten in a shootout against the Russians. In Swedish media it has been stressed from both coaches and players that this is were it begins, in the semifinals, and that the team has to move on and look forward towards the playoffs.

Even though the Fins have a sick first line the Swedish team beats them in depth and I think that this mindset I described earlier will give us the edge in this rival meeting. The Swedes will, of course, want to finish this in regulation and I think they have the capacity to do it. Also the fact that the Fins allowed lot of goals yesterday against Slovakia makes me think that a win by 2 or more is likely.

Let's go Sweden!!

Vortexx00
    Vortexx00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Oh Canada!!!!!! I can't wait!! Lets get it on!!

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

Any thoughts on Canada-2 vs Russians?

D3 Mighty Ducks

CZE deserved a better fate...but RUS/CAN is gna be epic.
    The Czechs sure did deserve a better fate in that game but either team could of won that game. Great game nonetheless and I'm glad the Canadians are getting another crack at the Russians tonight after what happened in last years Gold Medal game.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by SlimZ View Post
    Despite yesterday, I'm riding RUS +2.5 and +600 to win tourny.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimZ View Post
    I really like the Canadians to beat the Russians tonight even at -2 but I'm pissed that I could of got it at +100 earlier today and its up to -121 already now. One thing I expect in tonight's Semi Final game is a ton of offense and a lot of goals. I'm sure a lot of you watched the game last night between the Czechs and Russians and it was a goal tending clinic. Both teams had a ton of shots and scoring chances, but both goalies gave their team a shot to win it. It took the full 60 minute game and a few extra minutes in OT until finally the Russians scored on a counter attack after the Czech's penalty had just run out. Tonight's game between Canada and Russia brings together the 2 highest scoring teams in this together which is why I think the O6.5 +102 has some value.

This was taken off TSN's website:

When asked if he thought Canada would be motivated to eliminate his team from gold-medal contention because of what happened last year, the Washington Capitals draft pick said via an interpreter, "I don't care."

"We are not afraid of Canada," Kuznetsov added.

Russia is a very skilled, cocky and determined team and the winner of this game in my opinion will win the Gold Medal. Scott Wedgewood, the goalie for Team Canada, who was named the second string coming into the tournament will get the nod in goal tonight. He's been pretty solid in his 2 starts in this tournament and he has the second best Save % in this tournament. Russia's goalie, Andrei Vasilevsk, has the number 1 rank Save % in this tournament which is why I think the books are thinking this game stays under. But I think otherwise and I expect both teams to score their share of goals tonight in a back and forth game between 2 elite hockey nations.

Canada vs Russia OVER 6.5 +102

bobbyk1133

I really like the Canadians to beat the Russians tonight even at -2 but I'm pissed that I could of got it at +100 earlier today and its up to -121 already now. One thing I expect in tonight's Semi Final game is a ton of offense and a lot of goals. I'm sure a lot of you watched the game last night between the Czechs and Russians and it was a goal tending clinic. Both teams had a ton of shots and scoring chances, but both goalies gave their team a shot to win it. It took the full 60 minute game and a few extra minutes in OT until finally the Russians scored on a counter attack after the Czech's penalty had just run out. Tonight's game between Canada and Russia brings together the 2 highest scoring teams in this together which is why I think the O6.5 +102 has some value. This was taken off TSN's website: When asked if he thought Canada would be motivated to eliminate his team from gold-medal contention because of what happened last year, the Washington Capitals draft pick said via an interpreter, "I don't care." "We are not afraid of Canada," Kuznetsov added. Russia is a very skilled, cocky and determined team and the winner of this game in my opinion will win the Gold Medal. Scott Wedgewood, the goalie for Team Canada, who was named the second string coming into the tournament will get the nod in goal tonight. He's been pretty solid in his 2 starts in this tournament and he has the second best Save % in this tournament. Russia's goalie, Andrei Vasilevsk, has the number 1 rank Save % in this tournament which is why I think the books are thinking this game stays under. But I think otherwise and I expect both teams to score their share of goals tonight in a back and forth game between 2 elite hockey nations. Canada vs Russia OVER 6.5 +102
    No way in the world RUS should be getting +2.5 for this game. I'm all in on that, but I do like your rationale for the over. I'll throw something on that too.

D3 Mighty Ducks

No way in the world RUS should be getting +2.5 for this game. I'm all in on that, but I do like your rationale for the over. I'll throw something on that too.
    I think you might be safe with that Russia +2.5 but I'm not being bias here but I wouldn't go all in on that. Canadians coming in a 3 days rest and cruised through their first 4 games. As for the Russians, both their last 2 games have went to OT and they're also playing on a back to back. Both teams play at an up-tempo pace with an all all out attack. More times than not the Russians try and get to cute with puck and they can turn it over and Canada is a team that can jump all over those chances unlike the Czechs were able to do last night. Also, the Canadians always play a physical brand of hockey that most European teams don't. Russia can get frustrated and can start to take stupid retaliation penalties when they start getting bumped around. Lastly, this is an elimination game so let's say Russia is down by 1 with 2 minutes or so left and they decide to pull the goalie. If Canada scores an empty netter and go up by 2 Russia will most likely pull their goalie again and that's when you could start to sweat out your bet. I'm sure you get what I am trying to say but I do think you'll be safe at +2.5 but I wouldn't recommend going all in with this game being played in front of a home crowd filled to capacity with crazy Canucks. Just my 2 cents but I wish you the best of luck.

bobbyk1133

Agree with that analysis. RUS has traditionally been high risk high reward with the way they play and I've seen nothing different in this tourny. But there were times yesterday when they could have easily folded like previous RUS teams have done, but they hung in there and showed some mental toughness. That should help them going against a tough CAN home crowd. If they can survive the first period they'll win the game straight up on the money line (+300). On the flip side there have been Q's about CAN's goaltending since camp opened so if RUS get up early or score a weak goal it could be curtains for CAN.

In hockey...when in doubt...go with the better goaltending. For that reason I'd be nervous if I was backing CAN today....

guil0000
    guil0000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2115

Good discussion here guys, I'm on

Russia +390, 0.25* (Bet365)
    Russia -0.5 +600, 0.25* (Bet365)

I'm not on the spread because of the same reason D3 mentioned, pulling the goalie late that might screw the spread. I think there's more value in the straight up win here

First 12345 Last