doogie24
    doogie24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Momentum is an amazing thing to watch in hockey. What a rollercoaster ride, Fun stuff.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Well at least they salvaged some pride in the 3rd period. Too bad they didn't have that same sense of urgency from the start. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be this year anyway.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Anyone else with me on FIN +2.5 and ML? +575 for the straight up win. Canada always enter these games on a serious low and I think there is value here. FIN lost a heartbreaker too, but I think they'll get up a lot more to beat CAN and walk away with a medal than vice versa.

doogie24

contemplating USA -3.5 over the Swiss today, they looked great yesterday (yes, it was Latvia) but I can see them just rolling along and ending the tourny with another beatdown.

doogie24

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Canada always enter these games on a serious low and I think there is value here.
    not an attack, just curious what you mean by that. They haven't really played a "meaningless" game like this in over 10 years now. I do agree there is some nice value in Finland, but these guys do not want to get embarrassed, and will play hard to win a medal.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post

not an attack, just curious what you mean by that. They haven't really played a "meaningless" game like this in over 10 years now. I do agree there is some nice value in Finland, but these guys do not want to get embarrassed, and will play hard to win a medal.
    I agree with this post. Canada has played in the Gold Medal game 10 years in a row so not quite sure what to expect from these guys now that they're drive for Gold is over. Maybe they'll come out flat or maybe they'll play hard for the home crowd and take the Bronze. One thing I know for sure though is Finland will come out full force looking to get revenge against the Canadians from opening day when Canada smashed them 7-1.

I'll probably bet the Over in this one again depends what it is though.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I also made a small wager on the Americans -3 @ +101. Think they finish strong and win this game by at least 3 goals.

doogie24

wow my book sucks... I got -3.5 at -120. Put some on the moneyline in case they dont cover, if Swiss pull off the upset then I lose... more money. Go USA haha.

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
    I meant Canada international teams in general. It's always Gold or bust and usually when they lose a semi-final they go through the motions in the bronze medal game. Whether it's Olympics, IIHF WC, etc. It's just impossible to get as motivated for 3rd place when you're expected to win it.

My point is I think it's a little silly that the books are making FIN such a huge underdog. They are a good team and could easily win this one if CAN don't bring their A game.

I could be wrong but I think at those odds it's well worth the risk.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

I don't see Canada losing outright but definitely could see Finland covering the spread at least. Should be a fairly close game.

D3 Mighty Ducks

The Americans suck only beating the Swiss 2-1

If their not gonna cover 3 than I hope they lose.

D3 Mighty Ducks

and that's why I will never bet on the USA in hockey again

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    and that's why I will never bet on the USA in hockey again
    They were a huggggge disappointment. I really thought they could challenge RUS for the gold. I like their lineup from top to bottom...but I guess that's why they "play the games".

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    They were a huggggge disappointment. I really thought they could challenge RUS for the gold. I like their lineup from top to bottom...but I guess that's why they "play the games".
    They had the talent to do it but the effort and execution just wasn't there. I don't know if I've ever seen such a pathetic lack of effort on the part of a top-tier team like this in international competition. They simply played like they didn't care at all.

Boxing Champ
    Boxing Champ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any thoughts on Canada/Finland game????
    Canada -2.5...and...Over 7.....
    Canada already beat Fins 7-1 in the opening round, but this is a different story..
    They are playing for bronze, and i think Fins wanna win it more than Canadians...
    Canada was here for the gold not bronze...
    I think Over 7 is a good play...
    If canada is -2.5, that means the odds makers don't think Fins will score more than 2 goals...
    2 golals for Fins...
    Canada -2.5...which means 5 Total 7
    I think Fins score more....
    Over 7 is gonna be my play....
    Last edited by Boxing Champ; 01-05-12 at 12:28 PM.

thedirtybirds17
    thedirtybirds17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Canada -2.5 but also like the over. I think Canada is going to be mad.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I am playing the OV 6 (-105) in the Sweden/Russia game, both teams are very lose with the puck I think there will be lots of chances and with the Russian backup that came in during the Canada game starting it should go over 6.

BOL boys.

r1kkie
    Update your status
    r1kkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3808

GO SWEDEN!

doogie24

Ended up playing Canada -2.5 today and they covered with the 4-0 win for Bronze.

Rough start to this tournament but I ended up 6-3, not too bad. Had some good and bad luck along the way. (I'll never take a team like Denmark to cover any spread against Canada ever again... )

First ... 2345