cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still cant convince myself to bet on NYR and MTL. They have been garbage lately. Anyone wanna convince me?

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Andy,

Are you taking a side or the total?

cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan19 View Post
    ck
    so do you put the same amount on the nhl games and the cbb games tonight ?

Well now hold on there, my good man. I'm a novice. No way would I wager the same amounts on something that i am learning than on something i know a little bit about, lol! I am going $200 a game for hockey, which is a step up from the $100 I was putting on the plays before today. But this is CK's Hockey Weekend, so I may step it up a bit and go heavy on one around Monday

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by cheesehead004 View Post
    I still cant convince myself to bet on NYR and MTL. They have been garbage lately. Anyone wanna convince me?

Sure Cheezy-izzles,

I think that it is always a good idea to back a team when their stock is low. And if these teams are sucking at the minute, this is a good opporunity to take them while no one else will. That's how you get paid!
    Last edited by cocknocker; 02-13-09 at 01:35 PM.

ram1502
    ram1502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Cheese, I, too, have the same qualms about betting on the Rangers and Canadiens. I actually have the Panthers capped to beat the Rangers, and have the Canadiens/Avs game capped at a dead lock(maybe 51/49 in favor of the Canadiens). Either way, I'm steering clear of these two teams and sticking with the Bruins, Blackhawks, Wings O, and Stars O tonight. BOL

P.S. The Rangers and Canadiens suck on the road. Rangers have lost their last 5 road games, Canadiens have lost their last 7 road games. Maybe it's time for both of these slumps to end, but I wouldn't bet on it. GL nonetheless to all NYR and MON backers.
    Last edited by ram1502; 02-13-09 at 01:44 PM.

ANDYW15
    ANDYW15's Avatar Become A Pro!

My hockey picks;

Rags +105 (2 units) - love this play - Panthers on a B2B, playing 3rd game in four nights and are 7-13 in these back to back games. Rags coming off a big momentum win against the Caps. I love the +105 I am getting.

CBJ +145 - Detroit on a B2B, if they win tonight and I do not think they will, I double up on the AVs sunday. Excellent advice from HT on this one.

Canucks/Stars over 5.5 - 12 of the Canucks last 15 games have totaled at least six goals, Dallas has also been explosive of late.

Sabres +155

I also might play the over in the rags/panthers game.

Tailing CK with WV and also having a small wager on the Rooks tonight at +6.

cheesehead004

Hmm, I would feel a lot safer taking MTL as opposed to NYR at this point but I'm not sure yet.

And ram, I see that everyone is on the Bruins. I originally wanted to bet them but it seems like every single person on every forum is taking them, it's kinda scaring me. I think I'm gonna go with some o/u's today instead.

ANDYW15

The Rangers beat the Caps last time out! The games before that the flu virus was hitting almost everyone on the team. Perfect spot for them tonight to continue the streak.

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by djpremier36 View Post
    Andy,

Are you taking a side or the total?
    small wager on the side lol. I have not even looked at this game but your writeup sounded good.

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

W VIRGINIA is 2-9 ATS (-7.9 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game this season.

I don't think they can score with 'Nova..recently S.Reynolds is shooting lights out and I don't think WVU can score with em.....

cocknocker

Which NHL team is the most violent and has the worst enforcers if someone could please tell me? Also i would like to know what the most productive front line is as well.

ANDYW15

Hmm, I would feel a lot safer taking MTL as opposed to NYR at this point but I'm not sure yet.

And ram, I see that everyone is on the Bruins. I originally wanted to bet them but it seems like every single person on every forum is taking them, it's kinda scaring me. I think I'm gonna go with some o/u's today instead.
    I'm not big on Boston personally, they will probably win but NJD are a bit of a force at the moment and no one would be shocked if they won on home ice. The under is a nice play in this one.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    W VIRGINIA is 2-9 ATS (-7.9 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 77+ points/game this season.

repski,

What is Villanova's road record against teams that allow 56 or less points per game at home? You have to do ALL of the homework for both sides and not just one....

ram1502

Stars O and Wings O were the only two totals that stood out to me. However, with Lundqvist in goal, the Rangers U is always a good play IMO.

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Which NHL team is the most violent and has the worst enforcers if someone could please tell me? Also i would like to know what the most productive front line is as well.
    I love watching the Wings play at the moment. Even if you're not that big on hockey I think these guys could still entertain you with their puck movement and stick handling.

ram1502

Violent---> (1) Bruins, (2) Sharks, (3) Stars (even without Sean Avery)

Front line---> (T1) Caps, (T1) Penguins, (2) Red Wings

What do you think Cheese? Andy?

cheesehead004

Yo CK, do you have an opinion on the Butler-IllChicago game tonight? I was thinking of taking Chi at +13

repski

[quote=ANDYW15;1526303]My hockey picks;

Canucks/Stars over 5.5 - 12 of the Canucks last 15 games have totaled at least six goals, Dallas has also been explosive of late.

10 of 14 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons .

ANDYW15

Ck, don't know if you saw this but this guy is one of the most annoying players in hockey -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVLBUToVM4w

ANDYW15

[quote=repski;1526340]
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    My hockey picks;

10 of 14 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons .
    Yep, and the Canucks were an under machine before the allstar break, but both teams returned scoring goals so I will continue to ride the over.

repski

repski,

What is Villanova's road record against teams that allow 56 or less points per game at home? You have to do ALL of the homework for both sides and not just one....
    I am...and I appreciate your analysis...I don't have a trend for that stat..do you??

I'll probably lay off the game because the line freaks me out..good luck ...I hope you don't mind me posting info that I think might be helpful

repski

[quote=ANDYW15;1526356]

Yep, and the Canucks were an under machine before the allstar break, but both teams returned scoring goals so I will continue to ride the over.
    good luck...just thought I'd post that stat...not trying to talk you off...

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

I'm not positive that Malkin and Crosby are on the same line...but they are top 2 in points in the league...and I know they've been on the same line before...

ANDYW15

[quote=repski;1526362]
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDYW15 View Post
    good luck...just thought I'd post that stat...not trying to talk you off...
    no problem, this is why we are all here, to throw these comments in and the like. I should have mentioned it in my breakdown really but I'm playing this one purely on the goals these teams have been scoring recently, I do love trends though so it is unusual for me. Also Canucks on a B2B and Labarbera might start who has a 2.83 GAA. Turco is 2.84 GAA

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    I'm not positive that Malkin and Crosby are on the same line...but they are top 2 in points in the league...and I know they've been on the same line before...
    they have had too more regularly recently with Dupuis also I think.

ANDYW15

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    All Hockey Fans Will Enjoy This Haha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUczk8aeKdI

Florida Panthers look good tonight...Home team always does quite well between those 2 teams...
    oh my , that was funny as fcuk

Ditaln1
    Ditaln1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

I am...and I appreciate your analysis...I don't have a trend for that stat..do you??

I'll probably lay off the game because the line freaks me out..good luck ...I hope you don't mind me posting info that I think might be helpful
    versus good defensive teams - allowing <=64 points/game

Current : 4-3
    Last 3 Seasons : 13-17
    Since 1997 : 52-50

repski

Quote Originally Posted by Ditaln1 View Post

Is that SU or ATS??
    sorry just saw the stat on thespread..
    Last edited by repski; 02-13-09 at 02:29 PM.

Ditaln1
    Ditaln1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Is that SU or ATS??
    Sorry, that was ATS.

Last 3 Seasons : 16-16
    Since 1997 : 59-49

^^ that is SU

repski

Quote Originally Posted by Ditaln1 View Post

my point in posting the Stat was WVU is 9-12 ATS this year...
    if they are 2-9 ATS against high scoring teams..that tells me they are 7-3 ATS against lower scoring teams....this doesn't take into account Home/Away...which we know can make all the difference

ram1502

Yo CK, do you have an opinion on the Butler-IllChicago game tonight? I was thinking of taking Chi at +13
    He has Butler -7 1H, but I don't think he has a play for the game

mcnugget84
    mcnugget84's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK

So is Butler first half the SP pick today???

ram1502

Quote Originally Posted by mcnugget84 View Post
    So is Butler first half the SP pick today???
    It's not a SP...it's just a regular play for CK

gameday10
    gameday10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Did a little research and have to say as of now I am leaning Villanova right now. They are clearly on a roll right now going 8-0 ATS last 8 games, 8-2 ats last 10, and 5-2 ATS away. Checked the kenpom ratings and nova is 6-2 against top 100 teams and 4-1 against the top 50 while wv is 3-4 against top 100 and 2-3 against top 50 ATS. Villanova beat pitt SU and ATS while WV lost to them twice SU and ATS. WV is only 4-6 ATS last 10 and 2-2 at home(2 wins being prov and st. johns). The last 10 games both have played 7 of the same teams while Villanova is 6-1 ATS against those 7 and WV is 3-5 against those(played pitt twice). Did a little research and will do more for later. Had a rough day yesterday, look to turn it around today. I also have a lean towards Butler also after looking over some things.

ram1502

At first glance, I couldn't see why WV was favored. However, after an in-depth look, WV matches up very well with Nova. If the books think an unranked WV team at home is 2 baskets better than the 13th ranked Wildcats, then there is obviously something the everyday gambler is missing. Like CK said, Villanova is just too easy of a pick, and I agree. GL no matter which way you go. Should be a good game to watch.

First 123456 ... Last