jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16024

Guess Colorado had something to prove tonight after their coach called them out following their game 1 loss. 8 goals tonight is crazy considering Binnington started the game.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33158

Hockey all day long today , 10 games on the slate .

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Jared McCann was fined $10,000 on Saturday for a hit against Philadelphia Flyers forward Travis Sanheim one day earlier.
    The $10,000 fine is the maximum allowable under the league’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The announcement followed McCann’s disciplinary hearing with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. McCann drew a minor penalty for elbowing after he hit Sanheim in the side of the head early in the second period.

yisman

Top players still drive the bus for the Flyers, so it’s rough news that Sean Couturier is expected to miss at least two weeks with a rib injury.

Jordan Hall of NBC Sports Philadelphia notes that the Couturier’s injury is a “costochondral separation, which is when one of the ribs comes apart from the sternum.” Sounds nasty, and makes you wonder if two weeks may indeed be the low-end.

People have been intrigued to see how Ilya Sorokin might look behind that Isles’ system, but not like this. Semyon Varlamov took a Cal Clutterbuck shot up high during Islanders warm-ups, and did not return to Saturday’s game.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5489

Yisman did you pay any of your debts with the contest money you won at EOG and here?

mr. leisure

Laine leaves Jets practice early, status for Maple Leafs game unclear

Forward 'couldn't warm up right' in Winnipeg's return from COVID-19 cancellation

Patrik Laine's status for the Winnipeg Jets against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena on Monday (7 p.m. ET, TVAS, SNO, TSN3, NHL.TV) is unclear after the forward left practice early on Sunday.

"Patty couldn't warm up right during practice," coach Paul Maurice said. "I don't even know if I'm going to list him as day to day yet. We'll wait until we get to tomorrow to see how he's feeling."
    Laine scored two goals, including the overtime winner, and had an assist when the Jets opened their season with a 4-3 victory against the Calgary Flames in Winnipeg on Thursday.
    The Jets practiced Sunday after practice was canceled Saturday "out of an abundance of caution due to potential exposure to COVID-19," they said.
    "I didn't have to cancel practice yesterday," Maurice said. "So that was just our decision, abundance of caution. My understanding is that there's about five or six different things that will put you into the protocol. And the results of those are different. ... I'm not allowed to tell you why a guy went in, but I can give you an example.
    "If you had a sore throat today and said, 'My throat's a little sore,' you're out. And you're out of the room and you're in the protocol. We'll test you out and you continue to test negative, and you know what, and your symptom disappears, then you're no longer part of it."
    Winnipeg begins a three-game road trip with the game against Toronto before playing at the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday and Thursday.
    Maurice said Winnipeg will be without defensemen Dylan DeMelo, whose wife gave birth to a baby boy Thursday, and Tucker Poolman, who is in COVID-19 protocol, for the road trip.
    He also said forward Nikolaj Ehlers, who didn't practice Sunday because of injury or illness, will travel with the Jets and is expected to be available to play against the Maple Leafs.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

enjoying the hockey on NBCSP along with a little soccer today... 5 games back to back!

yisman

Dylan Larkin and Zach Werenski are good friends, having been roommates while playing for the University of Michigan.
    In fact, the Detroit Red Wings' Larkin had left tickets for Werenski's parents when the Columbus Blue Jackets came to town on Monday afternoon.
    But when emotions flared late in the Blue Jackets' 3-2 win, they found themselves fighting.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16726

Couldn't warm up right??? wtf?

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    enjoying the hockey on NBCSP along with a little soccer today... 5 games back to back!
    Its been great having all the games on lately .

BigOrange

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Yisman did you pay any of your debts with the contest money you won at EOG and here?
    Crickets?

yisman

Ian Cole was traded to the Minnesota Wild by the Colorado Avalanche for Greg Pateryn on Tuesday.

Cole, a 31-year-old defenseman who scored 26 points (four goals, 22 assists) in 65 games with the Avalanche last season, has no points in two games this season. He is in the final season of a three-year contract he signed with Colorado on July 1, 2018, and can become an unrestricted free agent after the season.
    "Ian is a guy I know well from again my Pittsburgh days and somebody that I trust on the ice," said Wild general manager Bill Guerin, who was assistant GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins from 2014-19. "I like the way he carries himself. And when (Avalanche GM) Joe [Sakic] told me he'd be available, we worked on it quickly and we got something done."

BigOrange

Crickets?
    Still Crickets?

Not sure how you can still post around Forumville after stiffing all everyone in JF.

yisman

Mark down the Washington Capitals as the first team the NHL fined for breaking COVID protocols. Specifically, the NHL fined the Capitals $100K for “player violations” stemming from “social interactions among team members who were in close contact and who were not wearing face coverings.”
    If that wasn’t already bad enough news for the Capitals, big names landed on the NHL’s COVID-related protocol absences list. Four Capitals are currently listed: Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, and Ilya Samsonov.

mr. leisure

Thornton injured in Maple Leafs loss to Oilers, will 'miss some time'

Forward left game favoring left arm after hit by Archibald

by Dave McCarthy / NHL.com Independent Correspondent7:51 PM

TORONTO -- Joe Thornton is expected to be out for the Toronto Maple Leafs after leaving a 3-1 loss to the Edmonton Oilers in the third period Wednesday.

The forward was hit along the boards by Oilers forward Josh Archibald 2:51 into the period after making a pass. Thornton appeared to be favoring his left arm as he skated to the bench.
    "Looks like he's definitely going to miss some time here with us, but we don't know the extent of it," Maple Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe said. "He's going to have to get more tests and images and stuff like that later this week. That's how it goes sometimes."
    After briefly sitting on the bench, Thornton went to the dressing room and did not return. He played 13:12 and had one shot on goal.
    The 41-year-old signed a one-year contract with the Maple Leafs this offseason after playing 15 seasons for the San Jose Sharks. He has one goal and one assist in five games this season playing primarily on a line with Mitchell Marner and Auston Matthews.

mr. leisure

Dubois benched in Blue Jackets loss to Lightning

Tortorella says decision based on center's play, not desire to leave Columbus

Pierre-Luc Dubois was benched in the first period of the Columbus Blue Jackets' 3-2 overtime loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning at Nationwide Arena on Thursday, a week after the center's request to be traded was made public by coach John Tortorella.

Dubois left the ice after his fifth shift with 4:36 remaining in the period and did not play the rest of the game. He finished with 3:55 of ice time, his lowest in his 238 NHL games.
    "It's not difficult for me," Tortorella said. "I've got to call them as I see them and just go about our business on the bench and try to win a hockey game."
    The 22-year-old, who was a restricted free agent this offseason, signed a two-year, $10 million contract with Columbus on Dec. 31.
    Tortorella, speaking Jan. 13 on The Fan 97.1 in Columbus, said of Dubois, "Yeah, he wants out. ...
    "I wish he was a little bit more honest as far as reasons why. I still haven't really gotten to that, but I think he needs to speak on that. I won't."
    Dubois scored 49 points (18 goals, 31 assists) in 70 games last season, when he averaged 17:56 per game. The No. 3 pick in the 2016 NHL Draft, he has not missed a game since making his NHL debut on Oct. 6, 2017.
    "I've coached [Dubois] like this for a couple of years, as far as trying to get him to get some growth in his game and growth as a pro," Tortorella said Thursday. "So, nothing changes. There's more spotlight on it, I get that, and I get you guys have to ask me the questions, but you're asking the wrong guy. I'm just a coach, trying to make it work with a hockey club trying to find a way to win games. The person that you keep talking to me about, you should ask him."
    Dubois declined interview requests made through the Blue Jackets public relations staff following the game.
    "We've had our talks with him," Columbus captain Nick Foligno said. "He's one of us until told otherwise. We said that out loud and that's the way it is. We don't treat him any differently.
    "It's the perfect storm. He didn't play tonight. Tensions are high. For us, we've got 20 other guys to worry about and the team to worry about."
    Tortorella said Dubois' benching was a reflection of his play and not related to his trade request.
    "I've told you many times, I really don't make decisions as far as minutes, it's up to the player to show me," Tortorella said. "And if there's one thing I'm pretty easy to read on is the minutes. You're going to get out there if you play, and if you play the proper way you're going to get back out there. The onus is on the player, and all players, not just the player we're talking about here that sat. It's all the players, and I'm not a hard guy to read as far as that's concerned."
    Dubois has scored one goal in five games with Columbus this season. He led the Blue Jackets with 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 10 postseason games last season, which ended with a five-game loss to the Lightning in the Eastern Conference First Round.
    Dubois has scored 159 points (66 goals, 93 assists) in 238 regular-season games and 19 points (eight goals, 11 assists) in 26 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Crickets?

Still Crickets?

Not sure how you can still post around Forumville after stiffing all everyone in JF.
    Are you now the debt collector for the forum over the street Big O?

Do you know what went on or who is "owed" and how much it is? I mean really know. Not just repeating stuff you have seen posted.

I don't think you do or you would feel dirty supporting them. They have been told to keep their stiffing each other crap off this forum, so I would appreciate it if you didn't do it for them.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Do you know what went on or who is "owed" and how much it is? I mean really know. Not just repeating stuff you have seen posted.

I don't think you do or you would feel dirty supporting them. They have been told to keep their stiffing each other crap off this forum, so I would appreciate it if you didn't do it for them.
    it seems like you are the one that doesnt know what went on. theres nothing dirty about wanting someone to make right after committing the ultimate sin as a gambler, stiffing. this post is pretty disappointing to see

mr. leisure

Blue Jackets trade Pierre-Luc Dubois for Patrick Laine in NHL blockbuster

Two of the top three picks in the 2016 NHL draft traded places Saturday following a blockbuster deal between Columbus and Winnipeg.
    The Blue Jackets sent disgruntled center Pierre-Luc Dubois and a third-round pick to the Jets for right wing Patrik Laine and center Jack Roslovic, according to multiple reports.
    The move comes just 48 hours after Dubois was benched by former Rangers coach John Tortorella in an overtime loss to the Lightning.
    The 22-year-old French Canadian requested a trade from Columbus before the season began this month, following a drawn-out negotiation process that resulted in the restricted free agent signing a two-year contract worth $5 million.
    Dubois, the former third-overall pick, led Columbus with 18 goals and 31 assists last year and was the third overall pick in the 2016 draft.
    But Dubois scored only one goal through the first five games and appeared lackadaisical at times, which led to his benching Thursday. He played fewer than four minutes, which was well-below his average of 17 minutes per-game.

“I definitely have to be better,” Dubois told reporters Friday.
    The 22-year-old Laine has been the subject of trade rumors over the last couple years despite notching an impressive 140 goals in 306 games.
    The Finland native was the second pick in 2016 and is in the second year of a two-year, $13.5 million contract.

mr. leisure

An all day, 11 game schedule today .

Sam Losco

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    An all day, 11 game schedule today .
    beautiful. love the noon start

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    beautiful. love the noon start
    Kings , Ducks and Sharks with nice under dog wins in the later games .

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

it seems like you are the one that doesnt know what went on. theres nothing dirty about wanting someone to make right after committing the ultimate sin as a gambler, stiffing. this post is pretty disappointing to see
    You seem like a decent person same as BigO Sam.

I doubt you know the real background if you are wanting to support that group on this issue as well.

Either way, not too much to ask to keep the people across the street from bringing their issues here is it? We don't allow private betting as we don't want SBR to be over run with posters trolling every thread each "stiff" wants to post in.

And now you have been informed clearly about this, expect to be treated the same as Fishhead or anyone else involved or told to stop this at SBR. Fishhead already admitted I am correct and he stopped trolling about it. So you guys can too.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-25-21 at 02:04 AM.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16726

The Montreal Canadiens are on fire this season.

BigOrange

Yes I know who and how much. I play poker nightly with 4 people he has stiffed. He binks two contests and hasn't paid a cent yet. I know you don't condone this.

Sam Losco

You seem like a decent person same as BigO Sam.

I doubt you know the real background if you are wanting to support that group on this issue as well.

Either way, not too much to ask to keep the people across the street from bringing their issues here is it? We don't allow private betting as we don't want SBR to be over run with posters trolling every thread each "stiff" wants to post in.

And now you have been informed clearly about this, expect to be treated the same as Fishhead or anyone else involved or told to stop this at SBR. Fishhead already admitted I am correct and he stopped trolling about it. So you guys can too.
    thinking someone should make right on money they owe doesnt have a thing to do about supporting one side over the other, its just how gambling works. if you want to ignore facts and pick sides because you like or dislike some of the people involved,fine. ive been warned and il respect that. i would ask what fishhead agreed with but it seems you want to end the conversation at sbr, so il ask him myself across the street

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

thinking someone should make right on money they owe doesnt have a thing to do about supporting one side over the other, its just how gambling works. if you want to ignore facts and pick sides because you like or dislike some of the people involved,fine. ive been warned and il respect that. i would ask what fishhead agreed with but it seems you want to end the conversation at sbr, so il ask him myself across the street
    Have stated in multiple posts/threads here at SBR prior that Yisman owes many.......hoards of posters realize Yisman has stiffed multiple people across forumville.
    Optional asked/somewhat demanded I quit bringing it up here at SBR, I agreed

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Capitals and Canadians haven't lost yet besides ot

mr. leisure

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Capitals and Canadians haven't lost yet besides ot
    Canadians playing well and the Leafs have won 3 in a row .

mr. leisure

Really weird scheldule lately with 13 or 14 games one day and 1 or 2 games the next day .

Sam Losco

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Really weird scheldule lately with 13 or 14 games one day and 1 or 2 games the next day .
    i hate it. i dont get why they cant spread it out

mr. leisure

i hate it. i dont get why they cant spread it out
    One game on friday .

mr. leisure

Howard retires after 11 NHL seasons with Red Wings

36-year-old goalie won 246 games, third-most in Detroit history

NHL.com @NHLdotcom

Jimmy Howard retired from the NHL on Thursday after 11 seasons.

The 36-year-old goalie was 246-196-70 with a 2.62 goals-against average, .912 save percentage and 24 shutouts in 543 regular-season games (523 starts), all with the Detroit Red Wings, and 21-26 with a 2.58 GAA, .918 save percentage and three shutouts in 48 Stanley Cup Playoff games (47 starts).
    "Becoming an NHL goalie was a childhood dream and after an incredible 14 years within the Red Wings organization, I've decided to say farewell to playing professional hockey and move on to the next chapter," Howard said. "It has been the honor of a lifetime to play and I'm forever thankful to the fans, everyone within the Red Wings organization, my teammates and my family for their ongoing support, loyalty and dedication."
    Selected by the Red Wings in the second round (No. 64) of the 2003 NHL Draft, Howard was runner-up to defenseman Tyler Myers (Buffalo Sabres) in voting for the Calder Trophy, awarded to the top rookie in the NHL, in 2009-10. He played in the NHL All-Star Game twice (2012, 2019) and won at least 35 games in each of his first three seasons.
    Howard, who ranks third in wins and fourth in shutouts in Red Wings history, became an unrestricted free agent after last season, when he was 2-23-2 with a 4.20 GAA and .882 save percentage in 27 games.
    "As I enter this new chapter in my life, I look forward to spending more time with my family, coaching my son's hockey team and new opportunities the future will hold," Howard said.

BigOrange

Capitals 5-0 in regulation and 0-3 in OT. How does that happen?

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

They couldn't put the biscuit in the basket

First ... 45678910 ... Last