Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

For those of you who lost on Oregon

I know many of you lost a lot on the Oregon game, but look at it as you were knocked down but not out. Yes, the bankroll for many took a major hit, me included, probably more so than most, but we still have a lot of football left, so get the attitude back that you are going to come back and deliver a knockout this weekend, and make up what you lost tonight. You might not get it all back this weekend, but have patience, pick your spots, and sooner rather than later you will again be paving a path to the pay window!
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-08-13 at 12:12 AM.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Baylor helped mitigate some of my losses, but the Redskins fu*ked me.

adranger93
    adranger93's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Totally agree, one game does not make the season, lets kill them this weekend. I learned a long time ago if you don't play, you cant win, gonna be patient and pick my spots this weekend.

Boddhissatva
    Boddhissatva's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

Thoughts on Louisville -28? First half -16.5

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm a life long Oregonian and a HUGE Duck fan..... and I'm bummed about tonight's loss as a fan but richer as a gambler. The under 61 was an absolute gift. There was no way that game would be close to that. I think last year was around 30 when these two played. Similarly, the Stan +10 was a gift. I couldn't believe that line. I guess everyone was dazzled by ORE beating up a bunch of lame teams.

Of course, I'm realistic and wouldn't have been surprised if it went high scoring and ORE covered. It just seemed way more likely the go the way it did.

I guess congratulations are in order for all the FSU fans. I hope Bama wins out and we have an FSU/ALA championship because Ohio State is not that good IMO.

And in the end... the sports curse over the state or Oregon continues. No Michael Jordan, no NBA championship despite two trips to the finals in the mid 90s, no Kevin Durant (instead a bumped up Greg Oden) and now no national championship. Life goes on..... I'm getting drunk.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Urbanwildlife

I happened to watch Stanford 3 times this year, and was not impressed by them. Yes they played well tonight, but a lot of there playing well had to do with the poor play of Oregon.

Excellent post mtofell!

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Buckeyes might not be that good, but they would give Stanford a better game then that. Spit out the Duck Diock fellas and swallow that Winston Wienie til he gets tested. Carlos Hyde is the most powerful back in the nation. The Harlem Ducks would never stop our run game.

TexasJayhawk
    TexasJayhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Definitely agree Urban. Man I would have never thought Oregon could play that badly. That first half Mariotta looked rattled and probably cost them a TD or two by not using his god-given talent (scrambling).

Think Saturday should be much better on my bankroll.

rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

yeah it was absolutely brutal. IDK about u guys but the last 5 mins pissed me off more.... i was like where was this team the whole game and now u r going to try to make a run with 5 mins left?!?!? I'm done with college until BCS....roll ride roll

9ersPride
    9ersPride's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are right Urban..still got tomorrow and weekend to make some cash..whats your thought on Louis and New Mexico??

ZIPPER HEAD
    ZIPPER HEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5106

Well said Urban. Money management this weekend. Make some smart plays and grind it out this weekend. Don't try to get it all back with one play.

dzuke155
    dzuke155's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

very well said Urban. Lets start tonight and get make some $$$. Who is everyone liking tonight?

Urbanwildlife

My road back starts on Saturday morning, as nothing appeals to my liking tonight. As I said in my previous post, in this game we are playing it takes patience, unless you are just playing for entertainment purposes.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

I appreciate the encouraging words, I really needed that. Last night I was a mess, but unfortunately Im gonna have to wait till next week as Im assed out thanks to Oregon

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Just for the record, I took the Lame Ducks and lost. I was thinking seriously about taking the over in the ULL/Troy. I got sucked in to the AFLAC plan and watched the ULL/Troy game have 60 at half. It has been my 2013 season, whatever I play is a loser. One of my main rules is stay away from the big games unless I see a clear advantage. Thought Oregon's speed was a clear advantage. Watched the first ten minutes of the game and seen the refs were allowing the CB to be physical and knew right away that game was a loser. They were not interfering with the WR's IMO but by today's standards it is interference. Mostly just a subtle hand check that slows that speedster WR off stride enough to get in front of him and take the deep ball away. Oregon didn't make the adjustments running comebacks and hook routes. This is a perfect example of 'Smart Brute Force' beating the much more athletic but 'Stupid Speedy, unable to control my jungle breed attitude-enough not to cost my team a 15 yard penalty with shit in my pants because this Stanford team is phuckin scary tough, get it done with Force, can't they just play our game where wee wee run by you and throw a ball, this tackling shyt is for the birds its so rough, man its the west coast let's play touch football style crap' The Ducks are a bunch of pucies that ACT like they are from Harlem. Hence the Harlem Ducks. College teams that play a true style of football, old school, hit your in your phuckin mouth til you bleed out your ass FOOTBALL with discipline and execution can beat most high flyers. Who is the best team in the NATION the last few years? There is your answer. With all these PUCIE rules they are taking away the reason some of us didn't end up in prison. We could go out on a field and try to PHUCK somebody up and get treated like you were somebody because you were a tough Football player got more Pucie too!!! I lost dough but wasn't that pissed because I made a bad bet that happens it will happen again-real soon lol. GL to Stanford love their style!! And PHUCK the Ducks and the Noles! Go OSU
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Genius1512
    Genius1512's Avatar Become A Pro!

But holy shit Oregon was over rated, out coached and. Bad. Period. Mariotta just moved his ass to the 5th round

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I wouldn't take it so hard. Win some, lose some. I was dead wrong about Ducks last night. I knew right away that those first two possessions @ the 4 with no points was going to come back and bite me.

Hats off to Stanford. Game is about momentum and they buckled up their chin straps and came to play. If Ducks could have punched one of those in, might have been a different game, but they didn't.

I'm pretty lucky because Baylor came in for me, so I just lost the vig on Ducks.

Now more than ever is the time to pick your spots.

Consider flat betting (same $ amt) and try your hardest to minimize parlays and don't try to get it all back at once.

Patience, protect roll and grind it out.

I reminded myself to be more cautious laying points on the road, especially big games.

I highlighted some games that I liked and road favs will give me pause. I like these sides, but they are examples of what I'm talking about. Mizzu, Tex.,Az.St, and Auburn.

Home favs like Bama,Zona and Wisky have interest. Considering grabbing the points with Miss St.,and Vtech.

Big games are killers to bet, but hey, that's whats' fun. I make my living trading stocks and this is solely entertainment, putting your money where your mouth is.

Before I punched in my bets, I liked Oregon,Baylor and Bama. My gut kept saying no way all three favs are going to cover. Pick one dog, just couldn't do it. Oh well, hoping I'm only wrong on Ducks. Time will tell if it was only the road fav that bit me.

Bottom line all you can do is your homework and make your best play. Fire away when you are hot and pull back on cold streaks or after a big loss.

Guys crying about tailing need to man up. Reminds me of a guy copying your homework or grabbing answers off your test. Didn't know jack or study and now wants to whine that the answers he copied were wrong.

Here's to guys capping hard and having success this weekend. gl

Nomination(s):