Ari Gold
    Ari Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 286

The only way to stop or contain speed is speed. Miami has the best shot out of any ACC team to knock off FSU. Miami might even play better on the road...their home crowd is a joke.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Random fact- FSU was a 19 point favorite in miami in Coral Gables last year (did not cover) of course that game was a bit different set of circumstances as FSU had one loss and miami had 3.

Miami is not going to stop FSU from scoring its average 46 points, just not going to happen. As I've said week after week (and cashed week after week) the value in FSU games is the point total. Im thinking this should be in the low to mid 60s, and I will take it.

FEAR THE 407
    FEAR THE 407's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

I was hoping to get this at -14 or less, but this is accurate. The books aren't letting the #7 ranking affect the line, which is smart. If FSU decides to keep the foot on the gas, which I think they will to stay with\above Oregon, they can easily win by 30. Miami has no defense at all, and if FSU can shut down Duke Johnson and make Miami get one-dimensional, it could get ugly quick.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

FSU under -14 would be a gift.

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

I'm leaning towards taking the Noles. Here is my concern. BC gave FSU fits with their running game. The only way you have a shot at FSU is if you can establish a running attack. NC State got hammered in the first quarter Saturday because they couldn't establish any kind of attack. However after the first quarter they racked up nearly 200 yards on the ground and the scoring slowed down significantly. Miami has a pretty good running game. They better use it to their advantage. If FSU is able to blitz on every down Morris will screw up.

JabooFootball

Quote Originally Posted by wufpakman21 View Post
    I'm leaning towards taking the Noles. Here is my concern. BC gave FSU fits with their running game. The only way you have a shot at FSU is if you can establish a running attack. NC State got hammered in the first quarter Saturday because they couldn't establish any kind of attack. However after the first quarter they racked up nearly 200 yards on the ground and the scoring slowed down significantly. Miami has a pretty good running game. They better use it to their advantage. If FSU is able to blitz on every down Morris will screw up.
    FSU pulled key players at halftime of the NC State game. NC State did not score points in the first half. Johnson is susceptible to turnovers, Morris is susceptible to turnovers, FSU defense is phenomenal at creating turnovers. Pruitt is good at drawing up schemes to get pressure only sending 4, this allows coverage to blanket receivers and will give Morris fits. FSU is also far and away the most physical team Miami has played all year and this is not good considering the problems Miami has had with game ending injuries at skill positions.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Miami fan here. Lets all take a look back on Miami this year. They start off the season unranked. They were not predicted to win their division in the ACC, however, a lot of people were saying they were over looked. They had a scandal hanging over their heads, and the last two years they didn't play in bowl games or the ACC championship due to self imposed sanctions. This hurt their recruiting (and IM opinion, helped FL and FSU with recruiting). Miami was never meant to be a top 10 team this year. They are talented, but up to this point they have outplayed themselves. The first five games Miami came out of the gate smoking hot and if you watched the games their defense was playing really well, and very very fast like they used too. Duke Johnson was running the ball lights out and Stephen Morris, who is now a senior, looked ok with some flashes of his potential. The last two games are really what I expected out of Miami this year. To be a good team but not elite. North Carolina game was a Thursday night game, half the team got hurt in the first quarter, and team moral was down a bit. Stephen Morris looked like he was taking money to blow the game. Wake Forrest, not as bad as everyone thinks. Overall, Miami showed two games back to back why they were unranked at the beginning of the season. FSU v. Miami is always a special game. The stadium will be pumped up, the players will be pumped up, and maybe Miami hangs within the spread because of this. However, Miami is not ready to compete with FSU right now. The spread was correct, and while I love what the Canes have done this year, I just don't see how they can hang with FSU unless they run the ball 80% of the time to keep Morris from throwing 8 picks and keep that FSU offense off the field. No opinion on the spread, but it doesn't shock me and it shouldn't shock anyone really. Not many elite teams in college football this year. FSU is one of them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: luckyutah, and Noles1992

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

People picking FSU better up Dumbo Fisher does not go back to his big game-conservative play calling ways which has cost him multiple times in the past. Unfortunately for my Canes I think he has more faith in Winston than he ever had in Ponder or Manuel which makes that less likely to happen. I am hoping Coley who is the OC from Miami and came over from FSU this year has some tricks up his sleeve for the defensive players he recruited and coached against @ FSU.

JabooFootball

Coley is the master of conservative bullshit calls.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Very well said isotopes

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

In the lat 2.5 years under Al Golden, Miami has played three ranked teams on the road:

2011 - @ #21 VT 38-35
    2012 - @ #21 K St. 52-13
    2012 - @ # 9 ND 41-3

Golden is changing the program, but I'm not sure if they're there yet. Miami will need to win turnovers and probably a big special teams play to stay in the game. They have a tendency to get down early in games (see K. St. and ND above as well as the last three ACC games where they've been down by 10+ in each game). You will know who beats the spread in this game by the 1st Q.

First 12