Originally posted on 10/28/2013:

Miami fan here. Lets all take a look back on Miami this year. They start off the season unranked. They were not predicted to win their division in the ACC, however, a lot of people were saying they were over looked. They had a scandal hanging over their heads, and the last two years they didn't play in bowl games or the ACC championship due to self imposed sanctions. This hurt their recruiting (and IM opinion, helped FL and FSU with recruiting). Miami was never meant to be a top 10 team this year. They are talented, but up to this point they have outplayed themselves. The first five games Miami came out of the gate smoking hot and if you watched the games their defense was playing really well, and very very fast like they used too. Duke Johnson was running the ball lights out and Stephen Morris, who is now a senior, looked ok with some flashes of his potential. The last two games are really what I expected out of Miami this year. To be a good team but not elite. North Carolina game was a Thursday night game, half the team got hurt in the first quarter, and team moral was down a bit. Stephen Morris looked like he was taking money to blow the game. Wake Forrest, not as bad as everyone thinks. Overall, Miami showed two games back to back why they were unranked at the beginning of the season. FSU v. Miami is always a special game. The stadium will be pumped up, the players will be pumped up, and maybe Miami hangs within the spread because of this. However, Miami is not ready to compete with FSU right now. The spread was correct, and while I love what the Canes have done this year, I just don't see how they can hang with FSU unless they run the ball 80% of the time to keep Morris from throwing 8 picks and keep that FSU offense off the field. No opinion on the spread, but it doesn't shock me and it shouldn't shock anyone really. Not many elite teams in college football this year. FSU is one of them.